I will do! Thank you for all the advice and tips
Old 03-21-2014, 08:58 PM   #422  

S/C/G: pre IP 173/IP 166/150/145

Height: 5'6"

bump
Old 03-23-2014, 11:48 AM   #423  

S/C/G: 153/134.5/130 (first goal)

Height: 5'0

bump - for all those who are struggling lately and don't want to be judged by the naysayers
Old 03-23-2014, 01:32 PM   #424  

S/C/G: 233/233/130

Height: 5'4"

I am having a hard time trying to stay OP this weekend. good lord. tomorrow is a new day so I will fight through all the cravings and make sure I can plan out my meals if I can LOL
Old 03-23-2014, 03:47 PM   #425  

S/C/G: 200/ticker/160

Height: 5'5

I took a 3 week break from IP and am re-starting today. I'm going to a concert on Thursday and know I'll have a drink or two, but other than that I'm ready to go again. I have 3 weeks until I leave on a well deserved vacation to London England, and know I won't be on plan for the two weeks I'm there. But the good news is that during my 3 week hiatus, I didn't gain back any of the weight I lost, which is a major victory!
Old 03-24-2014, 11:17 AM   #426  
IP start date 8/1/2013

S/C/G: 195/138.6/130

Height: 4'10

Hey all. The last month has been pretty bad for me. Sweetie and I have been having some issues. We are slowly working thru them, so my diet has kinda been put to the side. I just can't concentrate on eating on plan when all I want to do is cry. He's still very supportive of the diet and is trying to help encourage me to do right. He knows I'm only about 10 lbs to goal.

Anyway just want to drop by and say Hi hope y'all are doing well.
Old 03-24-2014, 05:31 PM   #427  
IP Feb 2014, P4 Oct 15/14

S/C/G: 249/155/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolasmurf View Post
Hey all. The last month has been pretty bad for me. Sweetie and I have been having some issues. We are slowly working thru them, so my diet has kinda been put to the side. I just can't concentrate on eating on plan when all I want to do is cry. He's still very supportive of the diet and is trying to help encourage me to do right. He knows I'm only about 10 lbs to goal.

I hear you on how hard it can be. The first time I lost all my weight I was having some marriage troubles. That time, I found the diet easy to do because it was the only place I did have 100% control. But more recently when my sister was palliative, I threw it all out the window. I think I was using it a bit as an excuse and she knew it. Two days before she passed she was checking in on my diet!

Hopefully things will work out soon and you can get back on plan.
Old 03-25-2014, 08:00 AM   #428  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Quote:

Nolasmurf - sorry to read that things are a bit tough. The most important thing is to be able to focus on what you need personally. Sometimes it is just overload to have lots of challenges from different directions.

I face similar challenges with moving from the old house to an interim rental, then to a house we are building. I have discovered that it is a real push for me to get it all done and focus on eating right, particularly since we are still living in the house but the contents of the fridge and cupboard are in the interim house!

Hang in there - I think you and I have been in the IP battle since August together so we must hang in there together as I think we are two of the very few survivors of the August joiners?
Old 03-25-2014, 10:34 AM   #429  
Restarted IP 3/5/2014

S/C/G: 203/203/150

Height: 5' 6 1/2"

Had my first slip up since I started the diet almost 3 weeks ago the other day. It wasn't intentional, but I went to a family birthday party and ate normal food. It didn't affect my weight because I didn't gain weight, but it did pull me out of the ketosis process. WI tomorrow.... we'll see what the real results of this is then.

W1: -6.8 W2: -1.2 (TOM)
Old 03-25-2014, 10:35 AM   #430  
Restarted IP 3/5/2014

S/C/G: 203/203/150

Height: 5' 6 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by schenectady View Post
Nolasmurf - sorry to read that things are a bit tough. The most important thing is to be able to focus on what you need personally. Sometimes it is just overload to have lots of challenges from different directions.

I face similar challenges with moving from the old house to an interim rental, then to a house we are building. I have discovered that it is a real push for me to get it all done and focus on eating right, particularly since we are still living in the house but the contents of the fridge and cupboard are in the interim house!

Hang in there - I think you and I have been in the IP battle since August together so we must hang in there together as I think we are two of the very few survivors of the August joiners?
You lost 70 pounds since August! Way to go!! You're doing awesome. Big motivation there! Keep up the great work!
Old 03-25-2014, 10:38 AM   #431  

S/C/G: 233/233/130

Quote:

I was just thinking about you!!! I am glad you checked in

things will be ok. We all face issues in our relationships...you are doing great on IP and look amazing!! Keep us posted on how you are doing
Old 03-25-2014, 10:51 AM   #432  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabletop1234 View Post
You lost 70 pounds since August! Way to go!! You're doing awesome. Big motivation there! Keep up the great work!
Thank you tabletop for the cheers - it is a bit easier when you start much higher in weight! There have been and are challenges but I am determined to see this through to the end.

Sarahbell - I am so impressed how you have hung in there. You have some challenges too but you are right there in the fight. I have always told my teenage son who asked why I would start ANOTHER diet when I failed so many times...because I never give up the fight!
Old 03-25-2014, 09:40 PM   #433  

S/C/G: 274/?/175

Height: 5'8

Hey all, I'm wondering if anyone has experience with using IP as a "basis" of sorts.

I have been going insane not being able to work out. Last week I had a really rough time personally and exercise is really the only thing that kept me sane. For the past few weeks, I started again (45 minutes of pretty hard cardio). I would eat two restricteds on the days I work out plus extra protein at dinner, and occasionally another low-carb snack that's not really OP. I think I"ll start using MFP to track but my guess is that my calories are around 1300. I still use some IP products for ease, but obviously I'm not really an IPer anymore. It seems that I max out on this diet pretty quickly (around 2 months) and then lose 2 pounds per month max. This week I'm on track to lose at least 4 pounds (not sure exactly, but I'll know tomorrow).

I'm so much better in general when I get some hard exercise in, and it's been a tough decision (I'm still figuring this whole thing out). I don't know what I'm asking, just wondering if anyone has experience with plain old low carb and exercise.

Last edited by djs06; 03-25-2014 at 09:41 PM.
Old 03-25-2014, 10:20 PM   #434  
Golden

S/C/G: Ticker

Height: 5'4

djs06, I understand how you feel. I think PH1 is better as a jump start for me. After about 3 months I ALWAYS start to get sick from so many shakes and bars.

So, my goal this time is to do phase 1 until June and then start to take the shakes/bars down to once a day. I like to run, so I'll need one somewhere. I loose greatly on phase one, but my body just starts to reject it after a while. Maybe you can try that.
Old 03-25-2014, 11:21 PM   #435  

S/C/G: 200/ticker/160

Height: 5'5

djs06 - i also enjoy working out. nothing super crazy, but i try and walk to and from work (weather permitting) and do yoga at least once a week. next week i will start a spinning class as well. i eat an extra packet if i'm extra hungry on workout days, sometimes 2 restricted in a day.
i track all my food in MFP for now, to keep track of how much i'm eating, and how much i'm working out.
i truly believe that we need to not only eat well, but move as much as we can. i'm using IP to get myself down to a reasonable weight so that working out won't be so difficult for me. (i could actually touch my toes at yoga tonight and i was thrilled!)
not sure if this helped or confused you more. hahah. good luck with whatever feels right for you
Closed Thread