Closed Thread

Old 02-25-2014, 03:40 PM   #376  

S/C/G: 233/233/130

Height: 5'4"

I have had a slow scale for the past 3 months

I know I nibble stuff I should not during the day (old habits never leave I guess) I talked to my friend lastnight and she is maintaining her weight loss as of Dec 2013. She lost 110lbs and looks AWESOME! SHe told me that her coach told her that once in a great while and I mean GREAT while if you are stuck to have a cheat meal (not a nibble, snack or bite here or there) and start fresh the next day and your body will be back in swing after a week.
Her coach told her " you did not hear it from me LOL" and she did that a few times during her battle to lose weight. and it worked.

So last night I did eat 1/3 c rice with my chicken. To me this was a major cheat -right up there with crackers and chocolate!

So today I am doing better. I have only taken not knowingly a bite of my sons bagel. nothing else. so lets see how things pan out for me
Old 02-25-2014, 09:06 PM   #377  

S/C/G: 200/ticker/160

Height: 5'5

i've started tracking all my food into MFP, so on days when I choose to eat something not on plan, i make sure that i'm under my calorie goal.
18 pounds in 5.5 weeks, not too shabby!
i tell people i'm doing my own version of IP :P
keep up the great work everyone! i swear the only thing that keeps me going, is knowing that spring is just around the corner (despite the polar vortex hahahah)
Old 02-26-2014, 09:11 AM   #378  

S/C/G: 178/155/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahBell View Post
I have had a slow scale for the past 3 months

I know I nibble stuff I should not during the day (old habits never leave I guess) (SNIP)
I have only taken not knowingly a bite of my sons bagel. nothing else. so lets see how things pan out for me
This is my biggest downfall. I'm constantly into the kids' food. I'll lick the spoon after I make them ice cream for dessert. I'll take a bite of the bagel before I toss it into the trash (it's cold and doesn't even taste good - so dumb!). I'll pop a few berries into my mouth when I'm washing them.

I've decided that for Lent I'm going to give up nibbling all those Bites, Licks, and Tastes. I know it sounds strange, but I think the benefits will be two-fold. Firstly and most obviously, I won't be having numerous little tiny cheats during the day. But even better, I think it will help me spiritually because I'm going to have to be mindful of my Lenten sacrifice numerous times over the course of the day.
Old 02-26-2014, 10:18 AM   #379  

S/C/G: 236.5/224/160

Height: 5'

That is my philosophy as well. Our body gets used to how we live, exercise and eat, it can't be bad to shake things up once in a while...lol

I hope it works for me.
Old 02-26-2014, 10:20 AM   #380  

S/C/G: 236.5/224/160

Height: 5'

Was referring to tinespens message. Sorry... not too sure hoe this works yet...
Old 02-26-2014, 06:04 PM   #381  

S/C/G: 200/ticker/160

Height: 5'5

It'll work if you make it work. Everyone has their own way of doing things, and finding what works for you is the most important part. I followed IP religiously for 4 weeks, then realized I couldn't sustain it. I was going a little crazy and felt deprived and a little depressed. "Fixing" IP to work with my lifestyle, I now feel so much better.

I started yoga, and will soon start a spinning class, and once this weather breaks I'll be walking to and from work (about an hour a day), and to me that makes the most sense.

Everyone has to figure out what works for them, and needs to find the motivation to do it. This is my journey, and I'm pretty darn proud of myself.

Positive vibes to all!
Old 02-26-2014, 08:00 PM   #382  
maintaining since 9/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktgrrl View Post
YUMMY!!! I've been having pretty huge cravings for wings lately, and these look soo yummy.

In other news, I'm here, I've been hard-core off the wagon lately, but still lurking, and trying to gather my willpower and desire together. I know this is only "short" term (though for those of us with about 100 lbs to lose, it's a bit longer) and I know that in the end I will feel better and healthier, but DANG! It's hard sometimes! Especially for my this time of year. It's just the hardest time of year for me in terms on dealing with emotional issues. But, I'm here, I'm trucking along, and I feel like I'm at least trying to make some smarter choices, rather than just going totally nuts.

I hope everyone is having an easier time than I am right now, and am sending lots of good thoughts to all.
Sending the good thoughts back at you . Don't give up!
Old 02-28-2014, 08:50 PM   #383  

Cool It seemed to help me!

Ok I mentioned I talked to my friend who did so well with IP, and her telling me to try one cheat meal because my scale hardly budged for the longest time!

Well today I WI and hit the 40lbs loss. I cannot believe I lost like I did this week!!! I will not make it a habit of a cheat meal, but knowing there is a small fix when I get stuck helps (and I know that there will be those who do not agree with this BUT to each our own.)
Old 03-01-2014, 08:25 AM   #384  
Taking it day by day!

S/C/G: 185/176/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahBell View Post
Ok I mentioned I talked to my friend who did so well with IP, and her telling me to try one cheat meal because my scale hardly budged for the longest time!

Well today I WI and hit the 40lbs loss. I cannot believe I lost like I did this week!!! I will not make it a habit of a cheat meal, but knowing there is a small fix when I get stuck helps (and I know that there will be those who do not agree with this BUT to each our own.)
Ooooh congratulations sarahBell, that's AWESOME and INSPIRING!!! Kudos to a 40lb loss, that's amazing and you must feel fantastic. A little spike seemed to be what your body needed. I think it's good to experiment once in a great while ~ to each his own, right? What are you going to do to celebrate this milestone?? Enjoy the day!!
Old 03-01-2014, 12:36 PM   #385  

S/C/G: 272/219/200

Height: 6'2"

So I have a group of friends who are hitting up some vineyards for a wine tasting and invited me. Is ok if I do the wine tasting if I spit it out. I am not sure I have ever spit out alcohol so it will be a new experience, but I didn't know if you body absorbed a bunch of sugar from the tissue in you mouth. Will it throw me off of my game?
Old 03-01-2014, 12:38 PM   #386  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason_Hookem View Post
So I have a group of friends who are hitting up some vineyards for a wine tasting and invited me. Is ok if I do the wine tasting if I spit it out. I am not sure I have ever spit out alcohol so it will be a new experience, but I didn't know if you body absorbed a bunch of sugar from the tissue in you mouth. Will it throw me off of my game?
I am no expert on wine tasting (I don't drink) BUT from what I take on wine tasting is that your swish it around your mouth and spit (like you said). MAYBE if you have a bottle of water with you to rinse between tastes? Sounds kinda gross but maybe sptit out rinse water into a cup or something?

Maybe someone else can chime in on this

Keep up the good work!
Old 03-01-2014, 12:44 PM   #387  

Quote:
Mason: I've gone to a bunch of activities like that with friends and have volunteered to be the DD. My friends appreciated it (didn't have to pay cab fare) and I stayed OP. The longer I've been OP, the easier avoiding alcohol while being with friends has been. And contrary to what anyone will suggest, if it goes in your mouth, some will end up going down your esophagus. I would not tempt that. I'd enjoy a nice sparkling water with some Mio and enjoy the company of my friends.

Last edited by lisa32989; 03-01-2014 at 12:44 PM.
Old 03-01-2014, 12:46 PM   #388  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Mason: I've gone to a bunch of activities like that with friends and have volunteered to be the DD. My friends appreciated it (didn't have to pay cab fare) and I stayed OP. The longer I've been OP, the easier avoiding alcohol while being with friends has been. And contrary to what anyone will suggest, if it goes in your mouth, some will end up going down your esophagus. I would not tempt that. I'd enjoy a nice sparkling water with some Mio and enjoy the company of my friends.
I second the mio idea! get grape flavor if they have it
Old 03-01-2014, 12:50 PM   #389  

lol...if you like grape flavor...
I prefer the berries, lemonade, or mandarin orange.
Old 03-01-2014, 12:53 PM   #390  
maintaining since 9/2013

Quote:
Glucose can be absorbed through the membranes lining the mouth. It is a smaller molecule than the ethanol in wine, so I'd guess there's a good chance you would absorb some. Not sure if a few swish n spits would matter on the scale. A little alcohol to the brain can lower inhibition making it easier to cave in to temptation--been there done that! If it were me, I'd be happier at the end of the day doing what Lisa suggested.
Closed Thread