Closed Thread

Old 02-13-2014, 11:13 AM   #331  

S/C/G: 233/233/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipfree View Post
To me, this conflict is ridiculous. We are all on a personal journey. Does not matter if you are 90% or 100%, we all need to be respectful of the individual's journey. These threads are meant to support, not tear down.
well said
Old 02-13-2014, 11:32 AM   #332  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahBell View Post
well said
Agree
Old 02-13-2014, 11:32 AM   #333  

So since I started posting here in October 2012, there is definitely a constant tension between those who are 100% committed and those who occasionally indulge in off plan food/drinks. That being said, when I have done phase 1 I have never cheated but at the same time never cared if anyone else did and they came looking for support because its a war with yourself everyday (personally speaking) to make good choices. I will never because of my own experience shame others that they should be 100%. We all walk in different shoes and have a variety of battles we are fighting on a daily basis. Support, encouragement, and love (nope not tough love...which can be an excuse for snarky remarks at times) is what everyone needs. And if someone does mess up and cheat, why does that reduce them to not being worthy of support and continued encouragement? It doesn't in my opinion?
Old 02-13-2014, 11:33 AM   #334  

WOW...ketosis head here. Pardon my terrible grammar and ability to use proper punctuation marks.
Old 02-13-2014, 11:36 AM   #335  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

we live in a society that is so acceptive and sympathetic towards drug & alcohol, & nicotine addiction (all that you can live without and never have to start to begin with), but I am a food 'addict' and I get no sympathy and you have to eat to live. When you use food for "comfort" from the time you are a baby it becomes an addiction and a tough one. So, we all do our best and like you said 90% is better than ZERO! This is a lifetime thing, just like any addiction. Good Luck on the journey
Old 02-13-2014, 11:52 AM   #336  

S/C/G: 153/139/120

Height: 5.0

Well Life is one big struggle no judgement. We all have our demons. I know sometimes for me it is unavoidable I travel a lot for work and even though I try my best to make perfect choices I am constantly in places where I have no control over how my food is cooked and served. I am not cooking while I am travelling. But I am not going to beat myself up infact I am going to keep on moving. This is not a battle its a war
Old 02-13-2014, 01:23 PM   #337  

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdspirited View Post
Well Life is one big struggle no judgement. We all have our demons. I know sometimes for me it is unavoidable I travel a lot for work and even though I try my best to make perfect choices I am constantly in places where I have no control over how my food is cooked and served. I am not cooking while I am travelling. But I am not going to beat myself up infact I am going to keep on moving. This is not a battle its a war
it is such a war. I know there are many times each day where I dream of food, wish I never gained weight in the first place, and feel bad that I am just not one of those lucky people that can eat whatever the heck they want and stay slim. Doing our personal best varies each day and life is too short to pick each other apart. I know I feel better when I provide support and encouragement not criticism.
Old 02-13-2014, 01:43 PM   #338  

S/C/G: 250HW/216.4IP/192.6/160

Height: 5'7"

hey all. my mom has had a lot of success with this program, but she adds the following:

SF creamer in her coffee
2 T of light salad dressing/day
occasional peanuts
shredded cheddar on a salad 1-2x/week

she says without these accommodations, she couldn't do the diet at all. and she has been sticking to plan 100% (minus her few caveats) except 1 day off (Xmas) since August 15 and is down over 80 lbs. She hasn't weighed this little since high school and is only 18 lbs from her goal of 200.

Love this thread because to stick to it, ya gotta do what makes it work for you. Here's what I've found helps me stay close to plan:

SF creamer or skim milk in my coffee
1 unrestricted and 2 "barely" restricteds/day (my alternative bars have 8 net carbs but are higher in cals than unrestricteds)
not worrying about my healthy oil intake when i use it to cook
sm amts of dressing on salads
some 70% cocoa dark chocolate

I know as I get closer to my goal, I will have to eliminate these, starting with the chocolate and oils. But if I DON'T make these concessions, I will go off the rails... and as long as it works, I'm okay with it slowing down losses just a little so that I lose more in the long run. Maybe this makes me an 80%er, but the principle of 3 supplements + 8 oz meat + 4 c veg remains.
Old 02-13-2014, 02:32 PM   #339  

Quote:
Originally Posted by wosmama View Post
hey all. my mom has had a lot of success with this program, but she adds the following:

SF creamer in her coffee
2 T of light salad dressing/day
occasional peanuts
shredded cheddar on a salad 1-2x/week

she says without these accommodations, she couldn't do the diet at all. and she has been sticking to plan 100% (minus her few caveats) except 1 day off (Xmas) since August 15 and is down over 80 lbs. She hasn't weighed this little since high school and is only 18 lbs from her goal of 200.

Love this thread because to stick to it, ya gotta do what makes it work for you. Here's what I've found helps me stay close to plan:

SF creamer or skim milk in my coffee
1 unrestricted and 2 "barely" restricteds/day (my alternative bars have 8 net carbs but are higher in cals than unrestricteds)
not worrying about my healthy oil intake when i use it to cook
sm amts of dressing on salads
some 70% cocoa dark chocolate

I know as I get closer to my goal, I will have to eliminate these, starting with the chocolate and oils. But if I DON'T make these concessions, I will go off the rails... and as long as it works, I'm okay with it slowing down losses just a little so that I lose more in the long run. Maybe this makes me an 80%er, but the principle of 3 supplements + 8 oz meat + 4 c veg remains.
First off a big and super congrats to your mom!!! That is wonderful she doing so well on IP with a few side notes added in!!!

I have FF half and half in my iced coffee made from decaf coffee and my Coffee Mio stuff I found ( they come in hazelnut, caramel and French vanilla flavors). With out these I would go NUTS because iced coffee is my fav thing.

I think all 90%ers have our own way of coping and still lose. As long as we don't wolf down a large double cheese pizza followed by a bottle of soda and ice cream as a finisher we're good. We're human and we love food, and we need to know how and what to eat.

big hugs to you too!
Old 02-13-2014, 02:34 PM   #340  
Carb Addict

S/C/G: 290/290/180

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by siusaidh View Post
Interesting experience yesterday. Typically I use Quest bars as an alternative to IP bars or when I need some variety. Yesterday, I bought some Atkins bars and thought it might be another reasonable alternative. To my great surprise and pleasure, I thought they were too sweet. Never in my life have I thought anything was TOO sweet. Ever. This gives me some hope that post-IP, I'll be able to have at least some control over the sweet cravings because (at least for now) my tastes seem to have changed. yay!

When I have problems with the big C i ate a package of the Adkins pb cups... way too many sugar alchol's but gets things going and well...it's a peanut butter cup.
Old 02-13-2014, 02:55 PM   #341  
Started IP 12/26/13

S/C/G: 205.6/171.2/145

Quote:
First off a big and super congrats to your mom!!! That is wonderful she doing so well on IP with a few side notes added in!!!

I have FF half and half in my iced coffee made from decaf coffee and my Coffee Mio stuff I found ( they come in hazelnut, caramel and French vanilla flavors). With out these I would go NUTS because iced coffee is my fav thing.

I think all 90%ers have our own way of coping and still lose. As long as we don't wolf down a large double cheese pizza followed by a bottle of soda and ice cream as a finisher we're good. We're human and we love food, and we need to know how and what to eat.

big hugs to you too!
Where did you find the coffee Mios?? I use the regular ones in my water a bit through the day. I think I would be in heaven if they had them for coffee. Right now, I put a tiny bit of the WF Caramel Sauce in my coffee, with a splash of almond milk.
Old 02-13-2014, 03:05 PM   #342  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jendilly View Post
Where did you find the coffee Mios?? I use the regular ones in my water a bit through the day. I think I would be in heaven if they had them for coffee. Right now, I put a tiny bit of the WF Caramel Sauce in my coffee, with a splash of almond milk.
I found them at Menards. I searched amazon and they do not carry them

They are $3 each but it only takes one squirt or abt 1/8 tsp to make your coffee taste like a McD Café!!!

If you want I can get some for you and send them to you if you help with shipping They are so worth it trust me they are HEAVEN!
Old 02-13-2014, 03:10 PM   #343  
Started IP 12/26/13

S/C/G: 205.6/171.2/145

Quote:
I found them at Menards. I searched amazon and they do not carry them

They are $3 each but it only takes one squirt or abt 1/8 tsp to make your coffee taste like a McD Café!!!

If you want I can get some for you and send them to you if you help with shipping They are so worth it trust me they are HEAVEN!

I know this is the 90% thread and I'm doing my best to be 100% all the time...will they really throw me off? I would LOVE it if you sent me some. Would be MUCH easier to travel with those. I'd just keep one in my purse. I'd be happy to pay for shipping of course! Too bad I can't get them before I fly out on Sunday.
Old 02-13-2014, 03:15 PM   #344  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jendilly View Post
I know this is the 90% thread and I'm doing my best to be 100% all the time...will they really throw me off? I would LOVE it if you sent me some. Would be MUCH easier to travel with those. I'd just keep one in my purse. I'd be happy to pay for shipping of course! Too bad I can't get them before I fly out on Sunday.
I have used them since Jan and I have not noticed anything with them. They are 0/0/0. Just send me a PM. I am going to menards tomorrow and I will get you all 3 flavors (my fav is caramel and hazelnut) they are so small you can keep it in your purse, I carry one with me when we take road trips to Minneapolis

I can let you know the shipping tomorrow or Saturday.
Old 02-13-2014, 04:52 PM   #345  

Feeling a little nervous-a group of ladies meet once a month for ladies nite out and tonight it is at Mary's Pizza-First time in 15 years it isn't at a restaurant. Trying to plan ahead-I think I will have a salad and one slice of pizza and omit my restricted bar for today. Hope it doesn't set me back too far....
Closed Thread