Closed Thread

Old 05-29-2014, 09:36 PM   #511  

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

[QUOTE=ChipnDip;5013151]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellyc14 View Post

I used to forget too. My coach told me to take them at bedtime. I leave a container beside my toothbrush. It doesn't gave to be with your snack. You just can't take them with your potassium.
Good idea!! Thank you!!
Old 05-29-2014, 10:03 PM   #512  

S/C/G: 233/233/130

Height: 5'4"

ok today was a 90% for me, too many no-nos but I am going grocery shopping tomorrow so back on track again!
Old 05-29-2014, 11:36 PM   #513  

Quote:
Originally Posted by IP43 View Post
I know this problem is because of the size of the pills. My son can not take pills at all. The advice we were given to help though was to take the pills and then drink the water with a straw. You get that "suction" to help it go down rather than just letting it swim around in your mouth in water and then the water goes with the pill stuck to your tongue! LOL... not sure if this will work with the horse pill size things they give us, but may be worth a try
And if that doesn't work, the company where I buy my omegas has a liquid form.
I DO NOT buy IP omegas. They smell fishy. That is rancid fish oil you smell.
Old 05-30-2014, 12:11 AM   #514  

S/C/G: 156/ticker/125

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
And if that doesn't work, the company where I buy my omegas has a liquid form.
I DO NOT buy IP omegas. They smell fishy. That is rancid fish oil you smell.
Quote:
I know this problem is because of the size of the pills. My son can not take pills at all. The advice we were given to help though was to take the pills and then drink the water with a straw. You get that "suction" to help it go down rather than just letting it swim around in your mouth in water and then the water goes with the pill stuck to your tongue! LOL... not sure if this will work with the horse pill size things they give us, but may be worth a try
Great, thanks for the encouragement and ideas! Lisa, your reply makes me think I should check out other ones - not looking forward to a fishy smell
Old 05-30-2014, 07:09 AM   #515  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

There are definitely different qualities of fish oils and worth looking into. Another tip I got though was to freeze any fish oils. They will thaw into your system but you don't get that "fishy taste" because they are farther into the digestive process by the time they thaw. Not sure if that is "legit" advice but may be worth a try if you do have an aftertaste.
Old 05-30-2014, 11:03 AM   #516  

S/C/G: 215/159.2/135

Height: 5'4

I was starving and on the road yesterday, driving kids from activity to activity, and I broke down and got a protein wrap from In and Out. Only lettuce, meat and cheese but 520 calories, 39 fat grams and 5 carbs! Have not eaten that many calories/fat in one sitting for month! Feel a little guilty.... Back on the horse today...
Old 05-30-2014, 03:41 PM   #517  

Quote:
There are definitely different qualities of fish oils and worth looking into. Another tip I got though was to freeze any fish oils. They will thaw into your system but you don't get that "fishy taste" because they are farther into the digestive process by the time they thaw. Not sure if that is "legit" advice but may be worth a try if you do have an aftertaste.
If they already have the fishy smell, freezing them does nothing to reverse the fact that they're rancid. Rancid oils are pro-inflammatory, instead if anti inflammatory

Last edited by lisa32989; 05-30-2014 at 03:41 PM.
Old 05-31-2014, 12:53 PM   #518  
Started 5/21/2014

S/C/G: 222/199/150

Height: 5'5"

I take Carlson's Finest Liquid Fish Oil recommended to me by my naturopathic Doctor. It's wonderful and has a nice fresh lemon flavor. It is processed and bottled in Norway so it is super fresh. Also it is regularly tested for it's potency, freshness, and purity by an independent FDA-registered laboratory (important that an FDA approved independent lab is used) So I have peace of mind that it is always fresh and free from mercury cadmium lead PCB's and 28 other contaminants that they test it for.
Old 05-31-2014, 05:06 PM   #519  
Started 5/21/2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
I have an AMAZING chicken wing recipe, they get super crisp and delicious!! My coach said only to have them on occasion as a treat but I find them awesome to have if you are having friends over or watching hockey/football it's like a treat!!

IP Friendly Chicken Wings
Pre-heat oven @ 450.

Boil wings in salted water for 7-10 minutes.

Dry wings and season with salt and pepper.

Bake on cookie sheet (I bake mine on a wire rack on top of a cookie sheet) for 30 minutes.

Flip wings and bake for another 10 minutes.

Heat hot sauce with coconut oil/butter/whatever you like in sauce pan while wings are finishing cooking.

Toss wings in sauce and eat immediately.
Wow, I was reading through this awesome thread and found this recipe! It sounds so good. Can't wait to make these!
Old 05-31-2014, 08:25 PM   #520  
Diane on track July 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLinda View Post
Wow, I was reading through this awesome thread and found this recipe! It sounds so good. Can't wait to make these!
It seems like a lot of work if you follow protocol to remove the skin - what is left of the wing? (so obviously skin stays on and that's what cooks the fat into the chicken) I also would really watch the amount of oil/butter (?really?'butter' from a coach?)... I have an oil "spritzer" that disperses a small amount of oil evenly. It's great for zuchinni chips etc. so maybe something like that would minimize the oil on it... I'm feeling "hesitant" about this recipe (as delish as it sounds!)...
Old 05-31-2014, 08:30 PM   #521  

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
It seems like a lot of work if you follow protocol to remove the skin - what is left of the wing? (so obviously skin stays on and that's what cooks the fat into the chicken) I also would really watch the amount of oil/butter (?really?'butter' from a coach?)... I have an oil "spritzer" that disperses a small amount of oil evenly. It's great for zuchinni chips etc. so maybe something like that would minimize the oil on it... I'm feeling "hesitant" about this recipe (as delish as it sounds!)...
I agree... Seems more like a once in awhile maintenance meal!

I do use chicken tenders or large drumsticks with skin removed... Grill and then douse in wing sauce (no need to add oil). Then I use WF blue cheese dressing and put the tenders over lettuce Ir have the drums, blue cheese and add celery.

Last edited by JLUS; 05-31-2014 at 08:31 PM.
Old 05-31-2014, 08:36 PM   #522  
Started 5/21/2014

Quote:
Yea I think so too. Probably why her Coach said to make them occasionally as a treat.

I had an oil spritzer that I got at a pampered chef party years ago, I never thought of using that for when I roast my veggies. Good idea! Hmm, wonder where I put that at??? LOL!
Old 05-31-2014, 08:38 PM   #523  
Started 5/21/2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLUS View Post
I agree... Seems more like a once in awhile maintenance meal!

I do use chicken tenders or large drumsticks with skin removed... Grill and then douse in wing sauce (no need to add oil). Then I use WF blue cheese dressing and put the tenders over lettuce Ir have the drums, blue cheese and add celery.

Oh that sounds so good JLUS! YUM! How is the WF blue cheese dressing? I saw that at the store last week and wondered if it was good.
Old 05-31-2014, 08:45 PM   #524  
Diane on track July 2014

I have crushed up different packets to use as "bread crumbs" for my meat -- I like the spicy ones. It's a bit of a waste of a treat though so I don't do it too often. But if I need a crunch "crust" or something, a few southwest curls go a long way
Old 05-31-2014, 10:16 PM   #525  

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLinda View Post
Oh that sounds so good JLUS! YUM! How is the WF blue cheese dressing? I saw that at the store last week and wondered if it was good.
It's pretty good... Not as sweet as some of them (though it foes have a sweetness to it but not terrible.) I can taste a "blue cheesiness" to it.i usually mix some of the hot sauce into the dressing as well! Meat and veggies served over lettuce us a very filling meal!
Closed Thread