Closed Thread

Old 11-29-2013, 01:17 AM   #211  
Joined IP July 25, 2013

Height: 5'9"

Happy thanksgiving all. Hope everyone had a good holiday. Other than breakfast (IP cran-granita) I was 100% off program today. Hitting it hard tomorrow to get back on track and get back in ketosis.
Old 11-29-2013, 09:35 AM   #212  
IP start date 8/1/2013

S/C/G: 195/138.6/130

Height: 4'10

I too was off plan, yesterday. But I had very small amounts of the things I shouldn't have eaten. Just a taste and then I moved on. Back to the pal today!
Old 11-29-2013, 10:02 AM   #213  

S/C/G: 233/233/130

Height: 5'4"

No movement either direction on the scale, I can take that Happy Friday everyone
Old 11-29-2013, 08:57 PM   #214  

S/C/G: 274/?/175

Height: 5'8

Hi ladies (and gents, if you are here!) I hope you don't mind me joining you. I did Ideal Protein last year for 4 months or so and had happily lost 35 pounds. Then I had a lot of crappy things happen and fell off the wagon big time (I'd go a few days here and there totally OP and feeling good, which limited the gain for awhile- but then I just went off the rails completely) and sadly have gained almost exactly all of the weight I worked so hard to lose RIGHT back. Maybe I'm totally crazy but for some reason I feel that 'eating season' is the perfect time to embark on this again. IP is literally the only thing that has worked so well for me (even the weight regain took significantly longer than it could have, really) and while I sometimes have a rough time with it, I'm ready to commit to it again. Luckily I have a ton of IP food still- most of my absolute favorites are gone, but maybe that's good for now. I'm starting Sunday- only because I need a grocery run that won't happen until tomorrow!

So.. looking forward to getting to know you all!

Last edited by djs06; 11-29-2013 at 09:03 PM.
Old 11-29-2013, 09:57 PM   #215  
Superhero

S/C/G: 244/230/164

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by djs06 View Post
Hi ladies (and gents, if you are here!) I hope you don't mind me joining you. I did Ideal Protein last year for 4 months or so and had happily lost 35 pounds. Then I had a lot of crappy things happen and fell off the wagon big time (I'd go a few days here and there totally OP and feeling good, which limited the gain for awhile- but then I just went off the rails completely) and sadly have gained almost exactly all of the weight I worked so hard to lose RIGHT back. Maybe I'm totally crazy but for some reason I feel that 'eating season' is the perfect time to embark on this again. IP is literally the only thing that has worked so well for me (even the weight regain took significantly longer than it could have, really) and while I sometimes have a rough time with it, I'm ready to commit to it again. Luckily I have a ton of IP food still- most of my absolute favorites are gone, but maybe that's good for now. I'm starting Sunday- only because I need a grocery run that won't happen until tomorrow!

So.. looking forward to getting to know you all!
Good luck , We believe in you ! welcome back ! Don't beat yourself up too much.
Old 11-30-2013, 09:22 PM   #216  

Today I was NOT even 80% oh well tomorrow will be better!
Old 12-01-2013, 08:00 AM   #217  
Restart - June17/15

S/C/G: 221/215/160

Height: 5"6

I haven't been on the boards for a few days so just wanted to check in and say hi.. I am about 80% on program but feeling pretty good.. have been out of my normal routine.. Hope everyone else is doing well.
Old 12-01-2013, 08:59 AM   #218  

I have had success getting some pounds off that I gained back after my original losses. I have decided my best plan for the long haul is to eat P2 for the most part, have protein bars or Quest bars at work for my lunch, drink lots of water, and just do the best I can. I am now able to wear some of the slacks I bought when I first lost the weight...not all of them, but depending upon the style/cut, the 8's are starting to fit again which is awesome. I have to remember that sizing in women's clothing is different from brand to brand and even within a brand so I try to go more by fit than anything else but that size # can play mind games on me! The next step for me is to add exercise back into my weekly routine. I have had a hard time doing that the past couple of months due to a very busy work schedule with lots of traveling but after this week that will subside so I need to decide what I want to do now that it is too cold and dark to go outside for walks or runs. I have a treadmill and lots of DVDs so no excuse.
Old 12-01-2013, 11:51 AM   #219  

Height: 5'2

Soo, I had my staff Christmas party last night. Indulged in a bit of wine and food as planned. Was doing really well until the cappucino and dessert showed up. Started to feel a bit sick after that and woke up at 6am a little pukey. I now know what it feels like to "cheat" on this plan - it's not really worth it, and I'm glad. I won't be 100% over Christmas but I will try to stay low carb and lay off the alcohol for sure! Used a ketostix and there are still trace ketones present. Only .2 up the scale from yesterday. If I'm lucky it won't catch up with me!
Old 12-01-2013, 01:40 PM   #220  
IP start date 8/1/2013

S/C/G: 195/138.6/130

Height: 4'10

I've been thinking a lot about Christmas. I'll be heading out for 4 days in TX with my family. I've decided that I'm going to enjoy myself but not over indulge. If I'm going to have a cocktail then I won't have sweets and vice versa. I haven't seen my MawMaw in two years so I'm very excited plus I get to see all this new property that my parents have acquired. They are planning for retirement in the next 2 years and have bought a bunch of vacation rental homes in Rockport Tx. Which is right on Matagorda Bay and a really beautiful area.

I just had a chocolate truffle from a huge box of Russell Stover candies that someone brought to my office and I feel a bit pukey now. My body really is getting to the point that I can't handle sweets. I guess that's a good thing. It stops me from binging on them.
Old 12-01-2013, 02:50 PM   #221  
Started IP 5/13/13

S/C/G: 185/128/135

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by swerdna59 View Post
I have had success getting some pounds off that I gained back after my original losses. I have decided my best plan for the long haul is to eat P2 for the most part, have protein bars or Quest bars at work for my lunch, drink lots of water, and just do the best I can. I am now able to wear some of the slacks I bought when I first lost the weight...not all of them, but depending upon the style/cut, the 8's are starting to fit again which is awesome. I have to remember that sizing in women's clothing is different from brand to brand and even within a brand so I try to go more by fit than anything else but that size # can play mind games on me! The next step for me is to add exercise back into my weekly routine. I have had a hard time doing that the past couple of months due to a very busy work schedule with lots of traveling but after this week that will subside so I need to decide what I want to do now that it is too cold and dark to go outside for walks or runs. I have a treadmill and lots of DVDs so no excuse.
So far in maintenance I find P2 works well for me too. Then, I just indulge a little when I really want a treat. I have overdone it this weekend, but had already planned to do so. I am back on the P1 bandwagon tomorrow morning. Will be interesting to see the scale numbers tomorrow. Yikes. I have been looking at treadmills and have a sneaking suspicion that DH got me one for Christmas. It gets a bit too cold for outdoor walks here for sure. I did buy a dance exercise DVD but found I am ridiculously uncoordinated. Lol.
Old 12-03-2013, 01:50 PM   #222  
Joined IP July 25, 2013

Height: 5'9"

Ok, so I went completely off program from Thurs to Sunday. Not what I had originally planned for myself, but once I started to indulge everything just snowballed. Damage has been done, up 4.8 at my weigh in this morning. 100% back on track yesterday (not even 90%), and hoping for a big loss next week. Hope everyone had more willpower than I did over the long weekend.
Old 12-03-2013, 03:34 PM   #223  
Started IP - 8/27/13

S/C/G: 265/ticker/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi Lovelies!!!

I haven't posted in a few days but I'm still around. So at my last weigh in I was up .05lbs but it was TOM and apparently the Big C was rearing it's ugly head (why do those to always join forces???) Anyway, last week I was determined to post a loss DESPITE Thanksgiving on Thursday and my Birthday on Friday. We had a huge Thanksgiving meal in the office. I got my regular salad then had some turkey and ham (about 8oz total) and I had a mouthful of my Mac n Cheese (had to make sure it was good). Then Friday Hubby took me out for Chinese. I had sliced pork w/ veggies (all IP approved) and instead of rice I had addition steamed veggies. We also had wonton soup, which I actually took the yummy insides out of the wonton and put the wonton to the side. Hubby ordered the fried wontons and, since it was my bday I had two!!! OH SOOO GOOD. I was really good the rest of the weekend and wound up losing 3.1 at weigh in. If I didn't indulge I probably could have hit the 40 pound mark...oh well. There's always this week.

Hang in there Lovelies!!!

Last edited by AliExpat; 12-03-2013 at 03:36 PM.
Old 12-03-2013, 04:37 PM   #224  

I am soooooooooooooooooooo close to ONEderland I taste it!!! It smells like it will taste like V-I-C-T-O-R-Y
Old 12-03-2013, 08:29 PM   #225  

S/C/G: 153/134.5/130 (first goal)

Height: 5'0

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahBell View Post
I am soooooooooooooooooooo close to ONEderland I taste it!!! It smells like it will taste like V-I-C-T-O-R-Y
you should change your ticker
Closed Thread