Closed Thread

Old 11-10-2013, 12:49 PM   #106  

S/C/G: 249/199/170

Height: 5' 7"

Only 5 pounds to hit onderland and and also hit a 50 pound loss at the same time (started at 249 on my home scale). It's been about 20 years since I was under 200. Plus about 10-20 pounds before I'm out of plus sizes. I CAN'T wait for that! I'm sure people will wonder what's happening when they hear sobs and hoots of joy coming from the dressing room the day I can wear regular sizes! I'm not hoping for a great week - I'm planning on a great week!
Old 11-10-2013, 01:04 PM   #107  

S/C/G: 200/192/150

Height: 5'7"

i was also down 1.4 this morning. I will second that yahoo.
Old 11-10-2013, 01:55 PM   #108  

S/C/G: 186.5/149/135

Height: 5.5

Staying on plan... but will enjoy Thanksgiving! Have a fabulous day
Old 11-10-2013, 02:34 PM   #109  

S/C/G: 199.5/ticker/135

Height: 5'5"

I was thinking about joining the 20 by Christmas challenge, but I have a long vacation coming up. While I plan on being on plan as much as possible, we are going to a couple 5 star restaurants during the week and since it was my idea to go to them, so I want to enjoy them. I am averaging 10 lbs a month OP (90 %) AND I am happy with that. So I am not sure if 20 by Christmas is doable for me.
Old 11-10-2013, 02:37 PM   #110  

S/C/G: 233/233/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinnyjeangirl View Post
Staying on plan... but will enjoy Thanksgiving! Have a fabulous day
Thanks Giving dinner is for us is next weekend! I am going to be careful eating and do my darndest to to be 100%

NOT! My menu for Saturday is to dang good.

Last edited by sarahBell; 11-11-2013 at 09:35 AM.
Old 11-10-2013, 04:03 PM   #111  

S/C/G: 165.5/146/135 or size 4

Height: 5'5''

Hi everyone! I've been lurking on this thread but haven't posted yet. I just want to say thank goodness for this place! While I try to be 100% OP I usually end up being about 98%. And I've gone completely off track 3 times. Still I'm much better off than I was before IP and have lost 16 pounds in 6 weeks. That's something, right? I'm sure the 100% people mean well but sometimes they are a bit too intense for me. Kwim?! I don't need to feel like a failure when I go off plan a little. I'm hard enough on myself as it is. I hope it's ok if I post here.
So I have a few cheats that I know are inevitable. Next Saturday I'm going to visit my sister and this pizza place where she lives was voted best pizza in Va. So I'm going to have a slice. The weekend after that we have out of town guests and I just know I'm going to have a few glasses of wine over the weekend. I plan to enjoy myself on Thanksgiving and Christmas too but will do my best to stay OP in between all these occasions. Will my weight loss be slower? Probably. But I don't want to feel deprived on special occasions. If this is going to be a life style change for me it has to be practical too and that means being able to indulge from time to time.
Thanks for letting me ramble!
Old 11-11-2013, 09:02 AM   #112  

S/C/G: 186.5/149/135

Height: 5.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by wantanewme View Post
Hi everyone! I've been lurking on this thread but haven't posted yet. I just want to say thank goodness for this place! While I try to be 100% OP I usually end up being about 98%. And I've gone completely off track 3 times. Still I'm much better off than I was before IP and have lost 16 pounds in 6 weeks. That's something, right? I'm sure the 100% people mean well but sometimes they are a bit too intense for me. Kwim?! I don't need to feel like a failure when I go off plan a little. I'm hard enough on myself as it is. I hope it's ok if I post here.
So I have a few cheats that I know are inevitable. Next Saturday I'm going to visit my sister and this pizza place where she lives was voted best pizza in Va. So I'm going to have a slice. The weekend after that we have out of town guests and I just know I'm going to have a few glasses of wine over the weekend. I plan to enjoy myself on Thanksgiving and Christmas too but will do my best to stay OP in between all these occasions. Will my weight loss be slower? Probably. But I don't want to feel deprived on special occasions. If this is going to be a life style change for me it has to be practical too and that means being able to indulge from time to time.
Totally agree with all.... I am having a great time on this plan. It has been the best thing for me in all my years of dieting... I am going to enjoy Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners. I will plan though, I am on phase 3 until the end of the year, but for both major dinners I will eat my normal breakfast and for the dinner I am going to have a measuring cup and give my self a 1/2 cup of the goodies... cause I know how it feels the next day eating a bunch of off the diet food. So I will enjoy with caution.
The day after Christmas back on Phase 1 until I reach my ultimate goal... Thank you IP!
Old 11-11-2013, 09:10 AM   #113  
Restart - June17/15

S/C/G: 221/215/160

Height: 5"6

Quote:
Originally Posted by wantanewme View Post
Welcome
Old 11-12-2013, 09:40 AM   #114  
Started IP - 8/27/13

S/C/G: 265/ticker/170

Height: 5'10"

Good Morning Lovelies!!!

I went to a wonderful wedding last night and I really enjoyed myself. I had my weigh in this morning and still managed to loose 1 pound (of course it should have been more) and I gained back 1% of fat (darn mojitos and wedding cake). My coach was a bit disappointed but she was happy that I went to weigh in less than 12 hours after indulging and held myself accountable for everything I ate. I told her everything I had and she agreed I did VERY well EXCEPT for the drinks and the cake. I wouldn't have changed the night for anythingbut I'll probably lay off the restricteds this week.

Have a wonderful OP day!!!
Old 11-12-2013, 09:43 AM   #115  

Quote:
Originally Posted by I can do anything View Post
I was thinking about joining the 20 by Christmas challenge, but I have a long vacation coming up. While I plan on being on plan as much as possible, we are going to a couple 5 star restaurants during the week and since it was my idea to go to them, so I want to enjoy them. I am averaging 10 lbs a month OP (90 %) AND I am happy with that. So I am not sure if 20 by Christmas is doable for me.
I joined the Christmas challenge and I am not sure 20 by Christmas is doable for me either. I like having to account for my time and pounds, it's fun to me. Dork weightloss fun, lol!
Old 11-12-2013, 09:52 AM   #116  

S/C/G: 233/233/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishthayer View Post
I joined the Christmas challenge and I am not sure 20 by Christmas is doable for me either. I like having to account for my time and pounds, it's fun to me. Dork weightloss fun, lol!
I signed up too, it seems so far fetched to be able to lose 20lbs, but I will give it my all!!

Old 11-12-2013, 10:01 AM   #117  

S/C/G: 335HW/see ticker/195

Height: 5'9''

Oooooh, I love this thread! While I love IP, I feel sometimes I want to enjoy special times with my friends and family, and yes, this often involves food... and wine!

Weightloss is a journey where you have to learn a whole set of new habits, and I feel sometimes IP is not the best for that.
Old 11-12-2013, 10:03 AM   #118  
restart 5/27/14

S/C/G: 197.4/161.6/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahBell View Post
I signed up too, it seems so far fetched to be able to lose 20lbs, but I will give it my all!!

I joined too and agree it seems like a lot to lose by then.
Old 11-12-2013, 10:04 AM   #119  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazgurl View Post
Only 5 pounds to hit onderland and and also hit a 50 pound loss at the same time (started at 249 on my home scale). It's been about 20 years since I was under 200. Plus about 10-20 pounds before I'm out of plus sizes. I CAN'T wait for that! I'm sure people will wonder what's happening when they hear sobs and hoots of joy coming from the dressing room the day I can wear regular sizes! I'm not hoping for a great week - I'm planning on a great week!
You sound so excited - that is a feeling many of us hope to reach at some point. I am looking forward to the same thing as you have facing you right now. I have not been in Onderland since I met my husband 24 years ago and I CRAVE the days when I never have to wear plus sizes again.

So hand in there, have a great week and we will hear you when you hit that incredible pace. YAHOO
Old 11-12-2013, 10:47 AM   #120  

S/C/G: 165.5/146/135 or size 4

Height: 5'5''

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melfuchsia View Post
Oooooh, I love this thread! While I love IP, I feel sometimes I want to enjoy special times with my friends and family, and yes, this often involves food... and wine!

Weightloss is a journey where you have to learn a whole set of new habits, and I feel sometimes IP is not the best for that.
I couldn't agree more! Obviously I can white knuckle my way through anything including a few months of IP but if I don't address the fact that I use food to medicate a lot of issues (including anxiety, boredom, and sadness) I will gain it all back and then some. That's why when a special occasion comes up I'd rather face it and indulge but do so in moderation. Obviously we are all here to lose weight but I feel mastering moderation is the key to long term success for me..

On another note I can cancel one of the cheats I was planning for and am relieved! Our friends won't be visiting in 2 weeks as planned and while I will miss them I know I won't have an excuse to go off plan. That means I have 16 days to be OP before Thanksgiving.

Have a good day everyone!
Closed Thread