Closed Thread

Old 11-08-2013, 10:29 AM   #91  

S/C/G: 301/290/180

Height: 5'10

Hey all!!

Quick check-in, I've had a half on, half off week this week. Started out pretty good - 100% on Monday and even made it to the gym, then on Tuesday I went completely off program, have been trying to stick to it, but the siren call of junk and comfort foods is always there. I have managed to stay away (mostly) from my true issue which is sugar. So, here I go, trucking along. This weekend (3 day yay!!) I'm planning on doing some more reading of the copy of The Beck Diet Solution that I picked up a few weeks ago at the used bookstore. I'm hoping it will help get my brain on track.

Wishing you all well, and sending lots of hugs!!
Old 11-08-2013, 02:08 PM   #92  
Joined IP July 25, 2013

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktgrrl View Post
Hey all!!

Quick check-in, I've had a half on, half off week this week. Started out pretty good - 100% on Monday and even made it to the gym, then on Tuesday I went completely off program, have been trying to stick to it, but the siren call of junk and comfort foods is always there. I have managed to stay away (mostly) from my true issue which is sugar. So, here I go, trucking along. This weekend (3 day yay!!) I'm planning on doing some more reading of the copy of The Beck Diet Solution that I picked up a few weeks ago at the used bookstore. I'm hoping it will help get my brain on track.

Wishing you all well, and sending lots of hugs!!
Hang in there. You can do this! Seems like if you can force yourself to get into "the zone" the weight will just start to fall off! I'm routing for you!
Old 11-08-2013, 02:29 PM   #93  

S/C/G: 249/199/170

Height: 5' 7"

I think things are starting to click.. I screwed up on Halloween, and on the Saturday after. Had pizza, candy, alcohol and deep fried food. BUT, I got up on Sunday morning and got back with the program. I've never done that before. (before Ideal Protein anyways) I've always just given in and said "Well might as well eat crap till Monday, or the first of the month or whatever arbitrary day I would pick." That Sunday morning I had gained 5 pounds.... And I didn't let it derail me!! I stayed about 97% on program this week and not only did I lose the 5 pounds but another 3.

Now I know that is not the norm and that I should not expect it again - my heart fell when I gained 5 pounds. But it is such a relief to know I can screw up and still go on with the program. I'm still kind of shocked I didn't just throw in the towel!
Old 11-08-2013, 08:17 PM   #94  
Joined IP July 25, 2013

Had a tough day. Prob worst since being on IP. Got some disappointing news and ended up overeating. Most of what I had was OP, but I'm up to 1300 calories. when I first started IP I was also doing a wellness challenge that helped me stay motivated. Now that challenge is over an I'm just really hoping I can find the motivation within myself. Please help!!
Old 11-08-2013, 10:37 PM   #95  

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meeshellee View Post
Had a tough day. Prob worst since being on IP. Got some disappointing news and ended up overeating. Most of what I had was OP, but I'm up to 1300 calories. when I first started IP I was also doing a wellness challenge that helped me stay motivated. Now that challenge is over an I'm just really hoping I can find the motivation within myself. Please help!!
What kind of challenge? Can we help, can we have one? Also have you joined the 20 by Christmas thread? You can still lose weight on 1300 calories especially if the food was OP food. Don't loose site of your progress so far!!!!
Old 11-09-2013, 02:19 PM   #96  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Default Hang in there!

Quote:
Meeshellee - I wish I had wise words to help you, but all I can say is that I, too, fell into not eating IP for a few weeks. I decided I HAD to get back on this site and work with the support that I get from here.

We are here because many of us respond to emotional issues by eating. That challenge does not magically disappear because we are losing weight and have taken off a lot (you have done an INCREDIBLE job).

It is very hard for someone outside to provide internal motivation for you - that is not meant unkindly - it just means that I spent many days dithering within myself trying to find motivation to get back on the program and some days it really bothered me that I was so apathetic.

So be gentle on yourself for the 'detour' and maybe spend some time on here reading for inspiration.

Go outside and get really physical raking leaves (I live in WA, too, and that is my chore for the day to fill four 96 gallon Yard Waster containers). Do something that helps your body and you may feel better or more prepared to attack this challenge.

Remember how far you have come and all the fun clothes and things than you have been able to wear, the pride that you felt getting up in the morning knowing what a great job you have done.

Hang in there!
Old 11-09-2013, 02:47 PM   #97  
Joined IP July 25, 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishthayer View Post
What kind of challenge? Can we help, can we have one? Also have you joined the 20 by Christmas thread? You can still lose weight on 1300 calories especially if the food was OP food. Don't loose site of your progress so far!!!!
Thank you. Ended up finishing yesterday at over 1600 calories. Gained about 3 lbs. When I follow the plan I lose, but the minute I go off I seem to gain instantly. Not sure how my body will like maintenance, but I know it likes ketosis. I joined the Christmas challenge so I would have a new goal. Hoping it helps me through the hard days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by schenectady View Post
Meeshellee - I wish I had wise words to help you, but all I can say is that I, too, fell into not eating IP for a few weeks. I decided I HAD to get back on this site and work with the support that I get from here.

We are here because many of us respond to emotional issues by eating. That challenge does not magically disappear because we are losing weight and have taken off a lot (you have done an INCREDIBLE job).

It is very hard for someone outside to provide internal motivation for you - that is not meant unkindly - it just means that I spent many days dithering within myself trying to find motivation to get back on the program and some days it really bothered me that I was so apathetic.

So be gentle on yourself for the 'detour' and maybe spend some time on here reading for inspiration.

Go outside and get really physical raking leaves (I live in WA, too, and that is my chore for the day to fill four 96 gallon Yard Waster containers). Do something that helps your body and you may feel better or more prepared to attack this challenge.

Remember how far you have come and all the fun clothes and things than you have been able to wear, the pride that you felt getting up in the morning knowing what a great job you have done.

Hang in there!
Thank you for your kind words. I spent 2 hrs this morning doing yard woke...mowing, picking up leaves, trimming bushes, etc. it definitely helped. Today I will pick myself up, dust myself off, and try to refocus.
Old 11-09-2013, 07:51 PM   #98  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Quote:
Thank you. Ended up finishing yesterday at over 1600 calories. Gained about 3 lbs. When I follow the plan I lose, but the minute I go off I seem to gain instantly. Not sure how my body will like maintenance, but I know it likes ketosis. I joined the Christmas challenge so I would have a new goal. Hoping it helps me through the hard days.

I, too, joined the Christmas challenge for motivation although I am not sure whether I count for 20 pounds lost from where I was before I too a 'detour' or where I am coming back, since there is a 10 pound difference.

I am going to do it from where I weighed when I came back because it still will be 20 down.

Meeshellee - where in Washington do you live?
Old 11-09-2013, 08:13 PM   #99  

S/C/G: 233/233/130

Height: 5'4"

Ok I have 10lbs to lose to make it into ONEderland!!! If I weigh in at 199.99999999 then gal darn it I am in onderland! I am hoping for a 100% week(s) but for me it is day by day flying by the seat of my pants1
Old 11-09-2013, 08:44 PM   #100  

S/C/G: 210/174/150

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahBell View Post
Ok I have 10lbs to lose to make it into ONEderland!!! If I weigh in at 199.99999999 then gal darn it I am in onderland! I am hoping for a 100% week(s) but for me it is day by day flying by the seat of my pants1
I think you can do 100% for a week. You're so close!!!
Old 11-09-2013, 08:48 PM   #101  
IP start date 8/1/2013

S/C/G: 195/138.6/130

Height: 4'10

Quote:
YOU CAN DO THIS!!!!!
Old 11-09-2013, 08:52 PM   #102  

S/C/G: 233/233/130

Height: 5'4"

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by yespositively View Post
I think you can do 100% for a week. You're so close!!!
Aww thanks!! I am so close I an taste it. This week I want to be able to buy a new top to go with my almost perfect fit 16 Divas from Old Navy (they are too snug for my liking ATM) for dinner on Saturday! OH and maybe some knee high BOOTS how cute would that be!
Old 11-09-2013, 08:57 PM   #103  

S/C/G: 210/174/150

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Aww thanks!! I am so close I an taste it. This week I want to be able to buy a new top to go with my almost perfect fit 16 Divas from Old Navy (they are too snug for my liking ATM) for dinner on Saturday! OH and maybe some knee high BOOTS how cute would that be!
I love the dancing broccoli! I bought boots two weeks ago and I love them! They don't fit over jeans (too snug) but I wear them with tights and dresses / skirts.

My 10s are finally fitting comfortably today (way too snug last week!) and I'm a happy camper. I cooked bacon for DH today and it was tough going. Hanging in there though!
Old 11-10-2013, 12:15 AM   #104  
Joined IP July 25, 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by schenectady View Post
I, too, joined the Christmas challenge for motivation although I am not sure whether I count for 20 pounds lost from where I was before I too a 'detour' or where I am coming back, since there is a 10 pound difference.

I am going to do it from where I weighed when I came back because it still will be 20 down.

Meeshellee - where in Washington do you live?
I'm in the Tri Cities area. Near Oregon...
Old 11-10-2013, 08:11 AM   #105  

Height: 5'5"

Weigh in this morning 1.4 down....yahoo!! I hope you all have a great Sunday!
Closed Thread