Closed Thread

Old 11-18-2013, 03:56 PM   #166  
IP start date 8/1/2013

S/C/G: 195/138.6/130

Height: 4'10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarington45 View Post
Hi All, It's ncie to see we are all still losing (and not giving up) when we have slips.. for hte most part I am following IP just having the odd diet coke, I am going to try and find an alcoholic beverage I like that is low carb.. i am not a big drinker but I do like to have a few now and again..

I am thinking vodka and something.. maybe crystal light cranberry / raspberry with lots of crushed ice...anyone have any suggestions?

I have company coming this weekend and will want something..
I stick with light rum (barcardi) and sprite zero. zero carbs
BUT it is aspartame (sp) so I try to only have one when I do have them. Then I switch to sparkling water. The other folks never know the difference. So it works when I'm out with that group that likes to push me to drink

Last edited by nolasmurf; 11-18-2013 at 03:57 PM.
Old 11-18-2013, 06:50 PM   #167  

S/C/G: 223/198/160

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarington45 View Post
Hi All, It's ncie to see we are all still losing (and not giving up) when we have slips.. for hte most part I am following IP just having the odd diet coke, I am going to try and find an alcoholic beverage I like that is low carb.. i am not a big drinker but I do like to have a few now and again..

I am thinking vodka and something.. maybe crystal light cranberry / raspberry with lots of crushed ice...anyone have any suggestions?

I have company coming this weekend and will want something..
I was a big drinker before starting IP and this weekend I decided to finally let myself have a few at my friends going away party...BEWARE!! 2 days later and I am still paying for it. I stayed completely OP food wise and only cheated by drinking but I must have knocked myself out of ketosis because I feel MISERABLE. hungry/cravings/flu like. Also Saturday morning I had been down a lb and that loss is now gone Do what you want I am just saying for a girl who used to love to party I do not see myself doing that again while on plan

ps- you get drunk really fast so be careful!
Old 11-18-2013, 08:43 PM   #168  
Started IP 5/13/13

S/C/G: 185/128/135

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliExpat View Post
Dak1lls, I just looked up the receipe and it looks gooood!!! Thanks, I'm going to try it this week. How's maintenance???
I am finding it is very challenging for me. I struggle a bit with what I should eat and feel more comfortable with a P2 type of diet. I do add fattier dressings to my salads at lunch time and cheese. For dinner I pretty much do my protein and veggies, I just don't measure anymore. This weekend was Lefse making for Thanksgiving and I didn't really do much sampling, but we drank wine and I really over did it! Others have mentioned being more sensitive to alcohol and boy is that true! Overall, I started phasing off at 2 lbs past my goal and I am down another 4 lbs. I think I need to find a better balance so I don't continue to lose. Who would ever think that would be a problem!? I guess I am just really afraid of regaining so i need to relax a bit.
Old 11-19-2013, 06:51 AM   #169  
Restart - June17/15

S/C/G: 221/215/160

Height: 5"6

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelseys928 View Post
I was a big drinker before starting IP and this weekend I decided to finally let myself have a few at my friends going away party...BEWARE!! 2 days later and I am still paying for it. I stayed completely OP food wise and only cheated by drinking but I must have knocked myself out of ketosis because I feel MISERABLE. hungry/cravings/flu like. Also Saturday morning I had been down a lb and that loss is now gone Do what you want I am just saying for a girl who used to love to party I do not see myself doing that again while on plan

ps- you get drunk really fast so be careful!
thanks for the tips, I do not want to undo the progress I am making.. I might try one or two drinks with zero carbs.. I am sure it will hit me hard, I am not a big drinker anyway.. getting to old for that lol (45)
Old 11-19-2013, 06:53 AM   #170  
Restart - June17/15

S/C/G: 221/215/160

Height: 5"6

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolasmurf View Post
Well okay. I had Pizza for lunch today and damn was it good! I just couldn't do another piece of chicken. I think I'm going to start clucking and laying eggs soon!

But I'm committing to 100% for the week ahead!
I hear you, I eat a lot of chicken - I do really like stir frys though so have my chicken with lots of veggies and bean sprouts and soya sauce, or the walden farms bbq sauce is ok for a change too..
Old 11-19-2013, 07:34 AM   #171  

S/C/G: 233/233/130

Height: 5'4"

All we ever have is chicken and it gets OLD after a while. DS will not eat anything else other than chicken ARGH!

I did get smart with the all the left over turkey we have in the fridge. I LOVE turkey and this is the only time of year I eat it, last night I weighed out zip lock baggies of 8oz or meat. I munched on that off and on all day long. So I wised up and weighed it out, now I know what my 8oz look likes for the day!

Last edited by sarahBell; 11-19-2013 at 08:50 AM.
Old 11-19-2013, 05:05 PM   #172  
Joined IP July 25, 2013

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahBell View Post
All we ever have is chicken and it gets OLD after a while. DS will not eat anything else other than chicken ARGH!

I did get smart with the all the left over turkey we have in the fridge. I LOVE turkey and this is the only time of year I eat it, last night I weighed out zip lock baggies of 8oz or meat. I munched on that off and on all day long. So I wised up and weighed it out, now I know what my 8oz look likes for the day!
Speaking of protien getting old...sometimes I get so lazy that I just hard boil several eggs and call it dinner. Not the most fancy recipe, but it serves the purpose.
Old 11-19-2013, 05:23 PM   #173  
IP start date 8/1/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meeshellee View Post
Speaking of protien getting old...sometimes I get so lazy that I just hard boil several eggs and call it dinner. Not the most fancy recipe, but it serves the purpose.
That's a GREAT idea. I just can't get it in my head that I could eat that many eggs tho.. It just seems like a lot. maybe if I 'deviled' them..

The WF chipotle mayo is the bomb so yup I'm making deviled eggs tonight. LOL
Old 11-20-2013, 11:26 AM   #174  
Started IP 5/13/13

S/C/G: 185/128/135

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Quote:
That's a GREAT idea. I just can't get it in my head that I could eat that many eggs tho.. It just seems like a lot. maybe if I 'deviled' them..

I haven't tried the WF Chipotle Mayo, I'll have to give that a try. I have been making Rainbow's mayo and really like it as well. I have used it for deviled eggs as well and seasoned it up a bit more. They were quite good. I could stuff myself with hard boiled eggs though. I love them with tons of sea salt! That has been my go to snack when I need extra protein and I'm feeling HUNGRY. My DD and I were standing in the kitchen eating hard boiled eggs over the sink as we salted them the other day. lol. Egg salad is great rolled up in a lettuce leaf too!
Old 11-20-2013, 11:27 AM   #175  
Joined IP July 25, 2013

Height: 5'9"

Quote:

How did your deviled eggs turn out?
Old 11-20-2013, 11:39 AM   #176  
IP start date 8/1/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meeshellee View Post
How did your deviled eggs turn out?
I didn't make them yet! My sweetie didn't buy eggs the other day and there where only 3 left. That's his go to breakfast so I didn't want to use them up. I'm off to the store this afternoon for veggies so I'll grab some !
Old 11-20-2013, 02:17 PM   #177  

S/C/G: 233/233/130

Height: 5'4"

I am at 94% today!! THat is WAAAAAAAAAYYYY better than sunday-tuesday!

GO ME!!! I am just so happy over my Maxi dress fitting- I just wish I had a pic of me in it BEFORE but I was so humiliated about wearing it I did not even let DH see me in it! PLus my shirt today is falling off my shoulders (and many more shirts) so things are looking UP!
Old 11-20-2013, 02:23 PM   #178  
IP start date 8/1/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahBell View Post
I am at 94% today!! THat is WAAAAAAAAAYYYY better than sunday-tuesday!

GO ME!!! I am just so happy over my Maxi dress fitting- I just wish I had a pic of me in it BEFORE but I was so humiliated about wearing it I did not even let DH see me in it! PLus my shirt today is falling off my shoulders (and many more shirts) so things are looking UP!
so happy for you!
Old 11-20-2013, 09:26 PM   #179  

S/C/G: 216/203/180

Height: 5'8"

The chicken wings sound great! I have to give them a try!
Old 11-20-2013, 09:38 PM   #180  

S/C/G: 165.5/146/135 or size 4

Height: 5'5''

When I get bored with meat I do one of four things: make a veggie and egg scramble, make a veggie frittata, hard boil eggs and have with a salad, or make 8 ounces of tuna salad and have half for lunch with half of my garlic crisps and have the other half for dinner with the rest of the garlic crisps.
Closed Thread