Closed Thread

Old 11-17-2013, 10:15 AM   #151  

S/C/G: 231/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinnyjeangirl View Post
trying !!!!!!!!!!!!!! to !!!!!!!!!!!!!! stay !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! focused !!!!

send me some pixie dust.... garsh darn chocolate!

I don't know how to send pixie dust but here's a hug lol

I've been lurking on this thread and decided I like the premise of progress not perfection.

My story is this.... In fall of 2011 I began IP (by the book and with a coach). I lost 70 pounds by late April of 2012 with a four week hiatus of phase 3 in the middle due to surgery. Maintenance started fine.... Then the phase one day after fun day became a phase 1 meal. The fun day became a fun weekend and became a fun life.... Some of u may know the story. The 160s became the 170s with a max of mid 180s about 5 months ago. Then I stopped weighing and when I decided to restart I thought I would be upper 190s. Eek. No exactly. On day 4 of phase one I got the courage to hop on the scale and it said 214!!!! Eek. So I'm back. No coach. Alternative products. Husband back on it with me. Started 11/4.

First big off program binge was last night. Mexican restaurant. They always prepare our shrimp fajitas on plan (no tortilla, cheese, guacamole, and extra sautéed veggies). But the chips attacked me and jumped down my throat!!!! Lol. Actually I made a choice to eat the chips and salsa. Yum. Bloated today. I do know the routine though.
Old 11-17-2013, 10:57 AM   #152  

S/C/G: 223/198/160

Height: 5'7

had a couple cocktails last night...first time I cheated in 7 weeks. Man do you get drunk faster haha. Anyways now I am feeling a little hungover but straight back OP but am wanting a bun less burger from 5 guys I thought I read somewhere that their burgers were ok to have, anyone know?
Old 11-17-2013, 05:46 PM   #153  
IP start date 8/1/2013

S/C/G: 195/138.6/130

Height: 4'10

Well okay. I had Pizza for lunch today and damn was it good! I just couldn't do another piece of chicken. I think I'm going to start clucking and laying eggs soon!

But I'm committing to 100% for the week ahead!
Old 11-17-2013, 08:50 PM   #154  

S/C/G: 186.5/149/135

Height: 5.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimcoachmomma View Post
I don't know how to send pixie dust but here's a hug lol

I've been lurking on this thread and decided I like the premise of progress not perfection.

My story is this.... In fall of 2011 I began IP (by the book and with a coach). I lost 70 pounds by late April of 2012 with a four week hiatus of phase 3 in the middle due to surgery. Maintenance started fine.... Then the phase one day after fun day became a phase 1 meal. The fun day became a fun weekend and became a fun life.... Some of u may know the story. The 160s became the 170s with a max of mid 180s about 5 months ago. Then I stopped weighing and when I decided to restart I thought I would be upper 190s. Eek. No exactly. On day 4 of phase one I got the courage to hop on the scale and it said 214!!!! Eek. So I'm back. No coach. Alternative products. Husband back on it with me. Started 11/4.

First big off program binge was last night. Mexican restaurant. They always prepare our shrimp fajitas on plan (no tortilla, cheese, guacamole, and extra sautéed veggies). But the chips attacked me and jumped down my throat!!!! Lol. Actually I made a choice to eat the chips and salsa. Yum. Bloated today. I do know the routine though.
Thank you for the hugs!!! hang in there.. I am trying to stay focused until after the 25th of Christmas. I am not weighing my self until then. I will be thinking of you ... I will keep posting on this 90 percent page and we all can keep each other encouraged... then I think maybe we all that are here at 90 % should try a challenge at the beginning of the year... and work toward some goals!! thoughts?
Old 11-17-2013, 08:54 PM   #155  
Started IP 5/13/13

S/C/G: 185/128/135

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolasmurf View Post
Well okay. I had Pizza for lunch today and damn was it good! I just couldn't do another piece of chicken. I think I'm going to start clucking and laying eggs soon!

But I'm committing to 100% for the week ahead!
I know what you mean about the chicken! When I am getting to my tolerance limit for chicken I will make a big chuck roast with cabbage, onions, and mushrooms. I also have a great pulled pork recipe my SIL pinned on pinterest and I make that and serve it over sauteed cabbage, drizzled with some WF BBQ sauce warmed up, or have it in a cauliflower tortilla. OMG, it is to die for! I was so looking forward to pizza when I hit maintenance. It was one of my first fun-day indulgences. Of course I over did it and had three pieces! I was soooooo sick and actually in physical pain. DH was too and we decided to never do that again!
Old 11-17-2013, 09:23 PM   #156  
IP start date 8/1/2013

S/C/G: 195/138.6/130

Height: 4'10

Yay my tummy wasn't prepared for the pizza I was almost immediately running to the bathroom. I guess the upside is that I'm no longer fighting the big C . :/

I'm going to get back OP tomorrow. Got some frozen shrimp and turkey for OP protein
Old 11-17-2013, 10:10 PM   #157  

S/C/G: 233/233/130

Wink

Hello my sweet 90%ers!!! Yesterday I hosted thanksgiving. And I did dang good for having so much sweets and oh so mouth water food around me. I unfortunaly grazed all day (a taste of this for seasoning purposes really) I was NOT hungry at all. I woke up had a RTD dark chocolate shake blended with spinach and ice. after that no appetite at all. Methodically made it through the cooking of dinner like a well oiled machine!!!!

We sat down to eat around 3pm or so. I had 2 Tbs of green bean casserole, turkey (not sure how much but it was NOT 8oz , less than ) 1 piece of lefse , NO dinner rolls that I made, NOT mashed 'tatoes, NO gravy!!!

BUT I did have a few nuts, 2 slices of cheese and green peppers and cucumbers!!! I took small tastes of the turtle and mint pies (put the fork on the end take a small taste)

I stepped on the scale this AM and gained only HALF a pound!!!

Today not so much, I ate a bit too much but tomorrow 100%
Old 11-18-2013, 08:13 AM   #158  

S/C/G: 165.5/146/135 or size 4

Height: 5'5''

i went to visit my sister this weekend and totally went off plan on saturday. had a sandwich on french bread for lunch, pizza for dinner, and cocktails after. on sunday morning i had a bagel before i left town and yesterday was my daughter's birthday so i had cake at her party. my sweet tooth is so strong once i start eating sweets it's hard to stop.

i'm ready to get back to 100% OP for the next 10 days. then it's thanksgiving and all bets are off for the day. but then i can give myself a month until christmas. and i really really hope to be done by then but at this rate who knows.

what i hate about going off plan and starting over is the exhaustion i experience on the carb roller coaster. i'm so tired today i could just fall asleep. my daughter's been sick and she kept me up much of the night. that coupled with the way i ate is making me feel so out of it.

anyway, i have to pick myself back up and keep on going.

have a good week, everyone.
Old 11-18-2013, 08:52 AM   #159  
Started IP - 8/27/13

S/C/G: 265/ticker/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi Lovelies!!!

Yesterday, me, Hubby and the Puppy took an afternoon drive to the other side of the island and stopped for Jerk Pork on the way back. I got a small jerk pork with NO JERK SAUCE (What's the point, I know, lol). Plus I passed on the peas and rice (again, What's the point!!!). We brought it home and I made some broccoli...yippee.

I think I may be suffering from a bit of diet fatigue. We were shopping this weekend and I saw a George Foreman Grill which I may get to grill veggies. I need to switch things up in the veggie department. Bought bok choi, ginger, garlic, shrooms and peppers to make stir-frys this week. I'm going to try some Asian dishes to get some cooked veggies in me...can't deal with two salads a day anymore, turning into a Rabbit.

Last edited by AliExpat; 11-18-2013 at 08:55 AM.
Old 11-18-2013, 09:29 AM   #160  
Started IP 5/13/13

S/C/G: 185/128/135

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliExpat View Post
Hi Lovelies!!!

Yesterday, me, Hubby and the Puppy took an afternoon drive to the other side of the island and stopped for Jerk Pork on the way back. I got a small jerk pork with NO JERK SAUCE (What's the point, I know, lol). Plus I passed on the peas and rice (again, What's the point!!!). We brought it home and I made some broccoli...yippee.

I think I may be suffering from a bit of diet fatigue. We were shopping this weekend and I saw a George Foreman Grill which I may get to grill veggies. I need to switch things up in the veggie department. Bought bok choi, ginger, garlic, shrooms and peppers to make stir-frys this week. I'm going to try some Asian dishes to get some cooked veggies in me...can't deal with two salads a day anymore, turning into a Rabbit.
Ali, try the cauli-rice, if you haven't already. It is especially good for Asian dishes. I just crumble mine in the food processor til it resembles rice, then I dump it right into my hot pan with a little grapeseed oil. I will add a little ginger, garlic and soy sauce sometimes and just saute til it is tender but not mushy. I saute my other veggies and meat separately and use the rice as my base. It is so good and the only down side is that you could easily eat way more than 2 cups of veggies this way.
Old 11-18-2013, 12:40 PM   #161  
Started IP - 8/27/13

Quote:
Originally Posted by dak1lls View Post
Ali, try the cauli-rice, if you haven't already. It is especially good for Asian dishes. I just crumble mine in the food processor til it resembles rice, then I dump it right into my hot pan with a little grapeseed oil. I will add a little ginger, garlic and soy sauce sometimes and just saute til it is tender but not mushy. I saute my other veggies and meat separately and use the rice as my base. It is so good and the only down side is that you could easily eat way more than 2 cups of veggies this way.
Dak1lls, I just looked up the receipe and it looks gooood!!! Thanks, I'm going to try it this week. How's maintenance???
Old 11-18-2013, 12:46 PM   #162  
Started IP - 8/27/13

Ok, so I had my 12th WI and I've lost another 4.7 pounds!!! AWESOME...BUUUUUT my fat percentage increased again. Last week I'm sure it was because of the food at the Wedding and this week I'm guessing it was the Jerk Pork (hmm, it was pretty lean) OR the chicken dish I ate at the Pot Luck dinner on Thursday. Either way, I've told hubby that he's not to give me any more bacon no matter if I say it's for the dog or not, lol. AND, I need to go easy on the cooked salmon from the supermarket and I need to start using cooking spray. I'm 29 pounds from ONEderland and I'd like to get there before the New Year !!

Need a sprinkling of

Have a great OP day!!!

Last edited by AliExpat; 11-18-2013 at 04:09 PM.
Old 11-18-2013, 01:22 PM   #163  

S/C/G: 233/233/130

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliExpat View Post
Ok, so I had my 12th WI and I've lost another 5.7 pounds!!! AWESOME...BUUUUUT my fat percentage increased again. Last week I'm sure it was because of the food at the Wedding and this week I'm guessing it was the Jerk Pork (hmm, it was pretty lean) OR the chicken dish I ate at the Pot Luck dinner on Thursday. Either way, I've told hubby that he's not to give me any more bacon no matter if I say it's for the dog or not, lol. AND, I need to go easy on the cooked salmon from the supermarket and I need to start using cooking spray. I'm 29 pounds from ONEderland and I'd like to get there before the New Year !!

Need a sprinkling of

Have a great OP day!!!
Here is dump truck load of WP dust!!

Old 11-18-2013, 01:29 PM   #164  
Restart - June17/15

S/C/G: 221/215/160

Height: 5"6

Hi All, It's ncie to see we are all still losing (and not giving up) when we have slips.. for hte most part I am following IP just having the odd diet coke, I am going to try and find an alcoholic beverage I like that is low carb.. i am not a big drinker but I do like to have a few now and again..

I am thinking vodka and something.. maybe crystal light cranberry / raspberry with lots of crushed ice...anyone have any suggestions?

I have company coming this weekend and will want something..
Old 11-18-2013, 01:43 PM   #165  

S/C/G: 335HW/see ticker/195

Height: 5'9''

Clarington45 do you have Smirnoff Ice light at LCBO? It's only 100 calories and 1g carbs. With lots of ice, it's really good!
Closed Thread