Old 10-29-2013, 09:37 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 168/138/130

Height: 5' 2"

Default New Idea: NSV only

I have no idea what my weight is. I could not face the scale, and decided to just start without it. Now I am looking forward to all the NSVs like loser fitting clothes, less pain in my back and feet. Better attitude about myself and life.

I'm sure this is not for everyone, but the scale seems to always run my life, physically AND mentally. Right?

Weighing every day, or twice a day? Before and after using the toilet? if there is a gain or a small gain, feeling like I did something wrong.

I can see why everyone recommends weighing once a week.

I am going to wait and see. What started out as a fear to face the truth, has turned out to be a blessing in disguise!
Delgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 09:40 AM   #2  
Third time's the charm!

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

I love it! Sometimes we are so focused on the number on the scale, we miss everything else! NSVs should be celebrated just as much as each pound lost!
shrinkingsusie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 10:00 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 310/288/235

Height: 5'9"

I love this idea!!
I have a NSV, my feet have stopped swelling like they used too just in the last week and I'm so excited about it!
mhill0823 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 10:02 AM   #4  

Mhill, that is so cool! That's what I'm talkin' about GF!!!
Old 10-29-2013, 11:30 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 265/154/165

Height: 5' 8"

I totally understand where you're coming from.

For my first 4 months on IP, I never knew how much I'd lost.

I knew my starting weight, but I told my coach not to tell me what the scale said at each weigh-in.

The scale had always been my biggest enemy in weight loss.

My thinking used to go something like this:

"Oh, I've lost two pounds this week! I can have some pizza."

OR

"Oh, I didn't lose any weight this week. I may as well just eat pizza."

So when I started IP I got rid of my scale and just went at it blind until I knew I could live with the number. In the meantime, I enjoyed all the NSVs of shedding inches, wearing smaller clothes and getting compliments.

After four months, I told my coach I was ready to know where I was finally at. By then I'd made peace with whatever the scale would say.

Now I weigh myself daily and I find I don't panic if it's up a bit. I know I'm 100% on plan and that the overall trend is down. I'm not saying I'm cured of my scale issues, but I feel at least for now I have control over that silly piece of hardware.

Last edited by JenJen444; 10-29-2013 at 05:32 PM.
JenJen444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 12:25 PM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenJen444 View Post
I totally understand where you're coming from.

For my first 4 months on IP, I never knew how much I'd lost.

I knew my starting weight, but I told my coach not to tell me what the scale said at each weigh-in.

The scale had always been my biggest enemy in weight loss.

My thinking used to go something like this:

"Oh, I've lost two pounds this week! I can have some pizza."

OR

"Oh, I didn't lose any weight this week. I may as well just eat pizza."

So when I started IP I got rid of my scale and just went at it blind until I knew I could live with the number. In the meantime, I enjoyed all the NSVs of shedding inches, wearing smaller clothes and getting compliments.

After four months, I told my coach I was ready to know where I was finally at. By then, I'd finally made peace with whatever the scale would say.

Now I weigh myself daily and I find I don't panic if it's up a bit. I know I'm 100% on plan and that the overall trend is down. I'm not saying I'm cured of my scale issues, but I feel at least for now I have control over that silly piece of hardware.
Yes, I can relate!!!
Old 10-29-2013, 03:14 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 242/208(IP)/158/140

Height: 5'0

I used to be a total scale addict...I would freak out over every fluctuation I didn't expect. I still check once a day...but the results are less important. As long as I stay on plan...the scale will go in the right direction. Sometimes more slowly but who cares.

It's freeing to start just focusing on the NSV and the smaller clothes.
Bellybuttonlint403 is offline   Reply With Quote