Ring resize? Yah or Nay??

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • I have guards on my rings, but they are still falling off. I am afraid to get them resized for 'fear of' but I don't want to lose them. The other day my diamond flew off my hand into the sliding glass door.

What did you do???

Thanks!!!
  • I just lost a ring that I'd bought to replace my wedding ring. The ring had no value but it was a beautiful ring. One minute it was there and the next gone and I really wish I could have prevented it. I am now in the process of getting my wedding ring resized so I can wear it again. I'd either stop wearing the rings and put them away for safe keeping or get them resized if that's viable.
  • I am very SAD that last weekend I lost my wedding ring! After losing 40 pounds and telling myself during the last 15 or so pounds that I MUST get mine resized, I wish I would have taken it off until I could get to the jeweler!!! I am still hopeful it will turn up but since it's been a week I am pretty doubtful!
  • This may go against everything the "experts" will tell you but i chose not to resize my ring. I didn't know if I would be able to keep the weight off since it was the first time in my life I had ever lost it. My DH and i chose to move our wedding rings over to our middle finger. Since we both had to do it we made it our thing. Anyway - I gained half my weight back do to a variety of reasons and had to move it back to my ring finger. I'm just now at the point of needing to move it back to the middle. Yay.

JLUS - I'm so sorry you lost your wedding ring. I"m sure it will turn up.
  • Quote: I have guards on my rings, but they are still falling off. I am afraid to get them resized for 'fear of' but I don't want to lose them. The other day my diamond flew off my hand into the sliding glass door.

What did you do???

Thanks!!!
    I know exactly how you feel. I am wearing my grandmother`s wedding ring from the 1920s and it almost fell off the other day. What I did was I took off my two rings and put them in my jewlery box. I plan on getting them resized when I get to my goal or close to it.
  • Quote: I just lost a ring that I'd bought to replace my wedding ring. The ring had no value but it was a beautiful ring. One minute it was there and the next gone and I really wish I could have prevented it. I am now in the process of getting my wedding ring resized so I can wear it again. I'd either stop wearing the rings and put them away for safe keeping or get them resized if that's viable.
    Sorry to hear that..
  • Quote: I am very SAD that last weekend I lost my wedding ring! After losing 40 pounds and telling myself during the last 15 or so pounds that I MUST get mine resized, I wish I would have taken it off until I could get to the jeweler!!! I am still hopeful it will turn up but since it's been a week I am pretty doubtful!
    Sorry to hear that too.
    Hope it turns up.
  • I hope your ring turns up! I haven't had mine resized yet as both my wedding band and engagement ring have scattered diamonds all around and if I size down it won't be even. So what I did is buy another thin pretty band (with channel set diamonds) in my new size that I wear along with my rings. It keeps my rings safely on and I really like the way it looks.
  • Being a nurse (which I am guessing you are to, based on your screen name) I always think I am going to throw my ring away in a pair of gloves. So, I wear mine in a necklace. I plan on having it resized once I reach goal but for now it will stay on my neck.
  • Quote: Being a nurse (which I am guessing you are to, based on your screen name) I always think I am going to throw my ring away in a pair of gloves. So, I wear mine in a necklace. I plan on having it resized once I reach goal but for now it will stay on my neck.
    Yup. I'm a nurse. I worked in CT, Yale NewHaven Hosp, Waterbury, New Britain. Where are you.

Yeah, my husband said put them on a necklace. He needs to buy me another ring I think!!!
  • I thought I had lost mine last year. Hubby said he would get me a new one ; I was shocked how much a plain gold band costs not compared to when we bought them 43 years ago. I did find it in the house, I put it away and just got used to not wearing it. It still is too big. I actually did have it resized when I lost my first 40 pounds. Didn't want to do that again as it was only size 5 to begin with.
  • Quote: Yup. I'm a nurse. I worked in CT, Yale NewHaven Hosp, Waterbury, New Britain. Where are you.

Yeah, my husband said put them on a necklace. He needs to buy me another ring I think!!!
    He definitely needs to buy you another ring!

I used to work at St. Francis in Hartford, but now I work at Baystate in Springfield.
  • I am still on the fence, have been contemplating a new set for anniversary in Jan. They don't fly off but sometimes slide off when I reach in my pocket. Am worried too.
    JLUS I hope yours turns up.
  • I was lucky enough to have a diamond plan and I can get mine sized as much as I want for free. I would definitely get it re-sized especially if its an expensive ring.
  • Personally, I would either move the ring to a different finger or wear it on a chain around my neck until I was maintaining. Not only does re-sizing a ring more than once make it fragile, it can also cost a nice chunk of money.