3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Daily Chat Friday 10/25/2013 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/289043-ip-daily-chat-friday-10-25-2013-a.html)

CrystalWolf 10-25-2013 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dana135 (Post 4869756)
Good morning everyone!
I still can't believe I met my weight loss goal. For anyone new on IP, stick to it, don't cheat, pass on alcohol for now, and you'll get there before you know it! I used to be a big wine drinker, now my go - to drink is a decaf coffee with some (low carb) half n half. IP really will change your life for the better!:hug:

Congrats Dana135! Woo hoo!

Quote:

Originally Posted by lisa32989 (Post 4869771)
Oddly, a little slow the first couple hours. They were trying to recreate the "History of the Eagles" live. It was better on HBO (Showtime?). Too much talk & too many slow songs strung together. The last hour was fantastic but I left feeling like I wanted a refund of 2/3 of the $$$$ ticket price.

I guess at least it ended well!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tuscany123 (Post 4869792)
Just stepped on the scale although my "official" weigh in is tomorrow (I am following the program on my own, no coach) and I am officially out of the 180's, hurray!!!!

Congrats Tuscany!!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarahBell (Post 4869846)
Ok first yesterday I was 100% (BUT I caught myself two times almost tasting something I could not have!!) so today I am down only .2 lbs. this week I have been a little stressed out but that is going to change I hope with a call from my dad today ( I hope hope hope for good news today).

But I am shooting for another 100% OP day again!

One day at a time! Way to go on yesterday and sending will power vibes for today.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lilkel244 (Post 4869851)
Hi all! I have been traveling for the last few days, but I managed to stay OP! ... On a NSV note I bought a shirt in a size medium (I was an XL at first and normally a L now) but it was so exciting! I am finally starting to feel slimmer!

Congrats on both the travel NSV and the clothing NSV!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by nolasmurf (Post 4869857)
We'll be attending our friends annual Halloween bash, so excited to wear my costume . I'm dressing up as Abby from NCIS and my skirt is pretty small! :D

Love love love Abs. Would love to see a picture of the costume if you want to share!

Happy FRIDAY all!

Deana509 10-25-2013 10:10 AM

I am SOOOO Close to being under 300 lbs!!!

WI this morning was 301.4, down 5.6 lbs from last week!

sarahBell 10-25-2013 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deana509 (Post 4869879)

Deana that is so wonderful!!!! Congrats on the huge losses! Also kudos to you for keeping 100% OP. I hope to get to tht point this week and onwards!
I bet you will need new clothes every week or other week at the rate you are going!!!

:hug: Kudos to you!

staceyjblack 10-25-2013 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Docsaver (Post 4869825)
Last night I made a quiche that was VERY yummy. This is the first time (on IP) I've made eggs for dinner. It had zucchini, mushrooms, spinach, garlic, and IP salt. I put hot sauce on it for a kick.

I would LOVE this recipe if you have it written down! I've been craving quiche hahaha.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nolasmurf (Post 4869857)
Happy Friday! Up early with a cappuccino/spinach shake. I only have one more IP packet of the cappuccino left and I think I might miss it. Anyone tried the proti thin version?

I just ordered a sample of the syntrax cappucino latte. It comes today. I'll let you know how it is.

Quote:

CONGRATS!

SuzieV 10-25-2013 11:16 AM

Quote:

You are doing such an awesome job, especially being at college. I have a kid in school and healthy eating is VERY challenging. Keep up the great work!!

Deana509 10-25-2013 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarahBell (Post 4869901)
Deana that is so wonderful!!!! Congrats on the huge losses! Also kudos to you for keeping 100% OP. I hope to get to tht point this week and onwards!
I bet you will need new clothes every week or other week at the rate you are going!!!

:hug: Kudos to you!

Thanks!
My clothes are looser, yes, but unfortunately, as the pounds melt away, the inches havent moved too much... But I'm hopeful that they will start moving soon! :hug:

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuzieV (Post 4869936)
You are doing such an awesome job, especially being at college. I have a kid in school and healthy eating is VERY challenging. Keep up the great work!!

It has been a challenge for sure, but I have a lot to lose (pun intended) if I don't straighten out my life and become more healthy, and I have some very important people I don't want to disappoint (Number Uno being myself)....
I have always said I enjoy a good challenge, and this has been a big one, for sure!
Thank you for your support!! :hug:

SuzieV 10-25-2013 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staceyjblack (Post 4869929)
I would LOVE this recipe if you have it written down! I've been craving quiche hahaha.

I make quiche every week - doing alts and don't eat meat. I make it in a pyrex pie plate and bake it for about 45-1hr. I cook up a variety of veggies (onions, mushrooms, spinach, peppers, etc.) with a little EVOO, S & P. In a large bowl, add 4 whole eggs, 4 egg whites & 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk and S&P. Whisk well. Add veggies & mix. Pour into sprayed pie plate. If I have fresh tomatoes, I slice them on top. Cooking time depends on how large your quiche ends up. I bake until it browns a little on top and is firm in the middle. A serving is a quarter of a pie. With a salad, makes a very filling meal.

Strongisthenewskinny 10-25-2013 11:28 AM

I was looking at the Unjury proteind cheese sauce, and after searching the forums it appears to be phase 1 compliant, but what can i use it on? Can i use it with a IP packet (like the rotini)? Or do I just use it with veggies since its already 21g of protein??

per 1 scoop
Calories- 140
calories from fat- 30
total fat 3.5
saturated fat 1g
carbs- 6g
sugars- 2g
protein- 21g

Strongisthenewskinny 10-25-2013 11:32 AM

Oh!! And also when i met with my coach on Monday, she told me theres a new IP unrestricted chip she just ordered, has anyone tried them??

sarita75 10-25-2013 11:34 AM

Good morning everyone! So sleepy over here in SF. Hopefully it means I will sleep on my flight tonight!

Quote:

Originally Posted by dana135 (Post 4869756)
Good morning everyone! I still can't believe I met my weight loss goal.

Congrats!!!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by lisa32989 (Post 4869757)
Late but fun nite

Glad it was fun and hope you are feeling better today!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Delgen (Post 4869806)
Started back on my IP Journey yesterday, and made it through!

Welcome back!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Docsaver (Post 4869825)
NSV today when I put on my size 12 jeans and zipped them up. They feel snug but I could definitely wear them if I wanted at this point and know they will feel more comfortable in a week or too.

Great job!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by shrinkingsusie (Post 4869864)
Happy to report that I had my BP taken yesterday and it was 118/82. Pre-IP I was always a bit high, so I felt pretty good about that yesterday!!

This made me really happy to read! Congrats to you! 118 is a nice number!!

Quote:

Congrats!!!! Awesome job, Deana!

And to all those not mentioned, congrats!! So many congrats this morning!

emsmom97 10-25-2013 11:35 AM

Good morning all! Hope you are having an Ideal Friday. HUGE NSV for me last night....book club was at my house. We had a taco bar and there was tons of wine (of course...a whole group of ladies discussing a book, so there must be wine). Anyways....I stayed 100% on plan. Drank nothing but water and ate the lettuce, ground turkey and some tomato! That is a major victory for me. Even my hubby said he was really impressed with my will power. Who knew I had it in me? Now I just have to hope the scale is nice to me this week.

sarita75 10-25-2013 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by emsmom97 (Post 4869951)
Good morning all! Hope you are having an Ideal Friday. HUGE NSV for me last night....book club was at my house. We had a taco bar and there was tons of wine (of course...a whole group of ladies discussing a book, so there must be wine). Anyways....I stayed 100% on plan. Drank nothing but water and ate the lettuce, ground turkey and some tomato! That is a major victory for me. Even my hubby said he was really impressed with my will power. Who knew I had it in me? Now I just have to hope the scale is nice to me this week.

Awesome job! That's hard although your dinner kind of sounds delicious!

emsmom97 10-25-2013 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarita75 (Post 4869981)
Awesome job! That's hard although your dinner kind of sounds delicious!

It was quite yummy! And while it was very difficult not to eat or drink anything not OP, the hardest part was feeling as if everyone was judging me. I know they weren't, but the "fat girl" still feels like everyone is watching me. At least now I can do this!!!

MntRose 10-25-2013 12:50 PM

I have a question if anyone has any experience with S.A.D. while doing this program, If so I could really use a pm. Every year I seem to 'forget' about this until it totally knocks me off my feet.

It's been a really hard week my son and his fiance moved out on Tuesday and she just turned it into a huge drama feast and that just triggered things that I didn't realize what the heck happened until last night. So back to square one, day one.

It's also hard because I have gotten three comments about how small I am now and I must be crazy for wanting to be lower. So since I had not 'set' final goal I am trying to figure out if this is where I want to stay and hold the line.

So all in all I feel a tad jealous of the few people I saw that were able to take a planned break and return with no problems, as that is sure not my experience. I hope everyone has a great OP day and many :hug: to all of us who need it for what ever reason.

oh and about the unjury cheese sauce, I tried it and for me it was terrible. Yes you could use it on the rotini packet but then you have to split it into two servings. I suggest you just use it on your veggies. roast some broccoli and cauliflower or make zucchini 'noodles'

Bella73123 10-25-2013 12:55 PM

Today I am hungry! I am reminding myself constantly of the amazing results I had last week in an effort to keep myself OP. It will be TOM soon, and its gotten cold and I think those two things are contributing to my desire to eat!

Posted from 3fatchicks.com App for Android