Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2013, 10:38 AM   #16  
Restart 4/1/19

S/C/G: 226.8/190.0/140

Height: 5' 5"

I am bursting with excitement and I just had to post. A little background for anyone that is not familiar with my story. I started IP last August, lost 50lbs in 3 months, without a single cheat...then everything just blew up! I tried and tried for months to not cheat, and eventually I took what was supposed to be a short break. I've tried and tried several times to restart and I messed it up every time after only a day or two. Well here I am again, and I am so happy to say that I made it through my entire first week, CHEAT FREE!!!! And the payoff? I lost 8.4 lbs!!! This is more than I lost the first week the first time I did IP and I was almost 15lbs heavier that time! I am finally feeling like I can do this. I know it's a slippery slope though...I can't even read that 90% thread, no way, not risking it! Hope everyone has a fantastic OP day!
Old 10-23-2013, 10:47 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zictory75 View Post
I have had major issues with the big c

I do wonder of those who use smooth move tea, how often do you use it. I use it way more than the package says, is that really a problem? Thoughts?
Hi Zictory...Am beginning to think Big C problem is more prevalent for Ipers than, I at least, initially thought about. This has been a problem for me since about the third month, and as it turns out I actually have some underlying physical/mechanical digestive problems (previously undiagnosed) which were made considerably worse by Big C. If you have an underlying problem, using SM tea can initiate problems that can be serious. Apparently the congenital nature of my physiology had been noted on previous colonoscopy reports, but was considered a benign condition until recently when the Big C exacerbated the issue. I suggest with the use of SM tea, you DO run it by a physician, just to safe!
Old 10-23-2013, 11:10 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 253/189/150

Height: 5' 2"

Good Morning! Happily celebrating 50lbs gone this week. Thanks for posting such motivating and helpful info each day.

I am wondering if anyone has run across white balsamic vinegar? I know I can use apple cider and white vinegar, but am not sure about white balsamic. I have stayed away from it just in case, but I am curious as it's the only vinegar options currently offered in our cafeteria at work. Thanks for the help.
Old 10-23-2013, 11:27 AM   #19  

Quote:
Originally Posted by megjohnsonnj View Post
Good Morning! Happily celebrating 50lbs gone this week. Thanks for posting such motivating and helpful info each day.

I am wondering if anyone has run across white balsamic vinegar? I know I can use apple cider and white vinegar, but am not sure about white balsamic. I have stayed away from it just in case, but I am curious as it's the only vinegar options currently offered in our cafeteria at work. Thanks for the help.
CONGRATS on the 50 lbs down!

The carb count on white balsamic can be quite high (approx 5g carbs/tbsp) which is why it's normally not allowed, but I can't speak to the specific brand they carry in your cafeteria.

Last edited by jordanna; 10-23-2013 at 11:27 AM.
Old 10-23-2013, 11:54 AM   #20  
IP Start: 05/16/13

S/C/G: 215.8/140.3/145

Height: 5'5"

Good morning all! I am back! The examination is done although I am not sure how I did and won't get results for another 4-6 months. I am fine with that. It was harder than I had anticipated but I felt confident through the essays, feeling less confident with the multiple choice. Anyhow, if I pass or not bear not a thing on my ability to practice law so I am going to practice letting go and just know that I did my level best.

Today is my 1st WI in 2 weeks and 1 day. I am nervous and anxious. I have been weighing myself at home so I have a rough estimate of where I am, but the center's scale is always a little more. Here's hoping. I have been walking more and I feel good to be active. I have truly missed it and so the easing into it by walking has been nice. I walked to my boyfriend's house yesterday which is 3.1 miles from my house and it felt amazing to be outside, fresh air and relaxing after the exam was over.

Lisa - that's a lovely thought from the Beck book. Thank you for sharing!!

Jordanna - love the new photo!

To All! - too many things to mention between yesterday and today. For those of you struggling - hugs to you! To those showing IP "Who's Boss" - congrats!!!! Happy hump day to everyone!
Old 10-23-2013, 12:17 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 233/233/130

Height: 5'4"

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolasmurf View Post
The mornings are getting cooler here in NOLA. Im all most out of the IP packets and will be going full alt on Friday. I'm wondering has anyone warmed up an EAS drink after blending with spinach? I don't know if I drink smoothies thru the winter LOL
It was a beautiful cool crisp 22 here this AM and the high today is going to be 41 maybe

Bring on the snow ROFL!!! As you can tell I lOVE the cold and snow, dh loves the heat and humidity ironic hehehe.

Also dinner last night was beyond AWESOME. I roasted an egg plant and zucchini in the oven, grilled up chicken tenders, sliced up a tomato and onion and a bunch of lettuce. AND made a wonderful lemon-Olive oil dressing and ate the most wonderful warm roasted veggie salad with warm grilled chicken. It was so filling and HEAVENLY!!!

I also made mashed potatoes, creamy chicken soup for everyone else and the best looking loaf of home made bread which lasted until this AM. I am hoping today goes like yesterday but I can always improve too!

Last edited by sarahBell; 10-23-2013 at 12:23 PM.
Old 10-23-2013, 01:02 PM   #22  
Started IP 12-26-2012

Height: 5'7"

Default Wanted to say HI!

For those of you who remember me, I was an active member here early in the year for a few months, but pretty went away because I had to adjust Ideal Protein diet to fit my medical needs so much, it wasn't really IP any longer...

Anyway I just wanted to say Hi, and to those who asked for updates...

I've had my open heart surgery on Oct 4th, everything went amazingly well, and as of today, just under 3 weeks post-op, I'm getting back on plan (my plan). I feel wonderful, other than some residual muscle pain the surgeon says should be gone by the time I hit 6 weeks and am released back to normal living.

Thank you to everyone who kept me in their thoughts and prayers. I know it helped!
Old 10-23-2013, 01:14 PM   #23  

Quote:
Originally Posted by megjohnsonnj View Post

Love white balsamic but was told by my IP lady it was a no go.

I switched to Rice Vinegar...the plain ...no seasonings...and found it a suitable substitute.

The one we find pretty readily locally is MARUKAN. it is sodium and sugar free and meets the 0/0/0 requirement. Be careful to read label and have the right one as they do make some that have flavorings and those definitely are not 0/0/0!!
Old 10-23-2013, 01:15 PM   #24  

Quote:
Originally Posted by leannekarella View Post
For those of you who remember me, I was an active member here early in the year for a few months, but pretty went away because I had to adjust Ideal Protein diet to fit my medical needs so much, it wasn't really IP any longer...

Anyway I just wanted to say Hi, and to those who asked for updates...

I've had my open heart surgery on Oct 4th, everything went amazingly well, and as of today, just under 3 weeks post-op, I'm getting back on plan (my plan). I feel wonderful, other than some residual muscle pain the surgeon says should be gone by the time I hit 6 weeks and am released back to normal living.

Thank you to everyone who kept me in their thoughts and prayers. I know it helped!
Hi Leann...glad to hear things working out well for you! I remember you and also remember when you decided IP was in contradiction with your personal good health. Take care and best wishes!
Old 10-23-2013, 01:16 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 253/189/150

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
CONGRATS on the 50 lbs down!

The carb count on white balsamic can be quite high (approx 5g carbs/tbsp) which is why it's normally not allowed, but I can't speak to the specific brand they carry in your cafeteria.
Thank you for the heads up! I found they had malt vinegar which, according to myfitnesspal is a safe 0/0. Hope to get them to stock white vinegar too as I really am not a fan of WF dressing and I am not yet organized enough make/take my own homemade each day.
Old 10-23-2013, 01:39 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 242/231/135

Height: 5'5.5"

Hello everyone! No scale victory for me this week but a NSV - I lost 1 1/2" from my waist!
Small things
Mimi
Old 10-23-2013, 02:28 PM   #27  
IP Start: 05/16/13

S/C/G: 215.8/140.3/145

Height: 5'5"

Woot!! Woot!! Had to share! I am down 6.4 since my last WI 2 weeks ago. So excited. Officially 147.7 - so now for a new goal of 145!!! Buzzing!
Old 10-23-2013, 02:30 PM   #28  
Started IP August 14 2013

S/C/G: 216.5/153/155

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarita75 View Post
Woot!! Woot!! Had to share! I am down 6.4 since my last WI 2 weeks ago. So excited. Officially 147.7 - so now for a new goal of 145!!! Buzzing!
CONGRATS Sarita! On your loss and on being done with the exam. Woo Hoo!

You too HawkHat - 1.5 inches is GREAT!

Last edited by vachinyc; 10-23-2013 at 02:31 PM.
Old 10-23-2013, 02:38 PM   #29  
Started IP 5/13/13

S/C/G: 185/128/135

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarita75 View Post
You are in the 140's!!!!!! It is incredible to me to see your successes. We started within 3 days of one another and you are down 61 lbs! So, so, so, so happy for your!
Old 10-23-2013, 02:41 PM   #30  

Height: 5'7

That's fantastic, Sarita! I hung around a lot here during the beginning of your journey. It's just great to see you doing so well! :-)
Closed Thread