IP Daily Chat Tuesday 10/22/2013

You're on Page 1 of 4
Go to

• Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
    NSV = Non-scale victory
    TOM = time of the month
    WI = Weigh-in
    WF = Walden Farms
    OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
    Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
    Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
    Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
    and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

NOTE: Attached files in stickies (and elsewhere) have been nonfunctional for the past few weeks. Admin are a aware of the problem & it has been reported to tech support.
    Links to Googledocs have been added for protocol sheets until technical issues are resolved

And before you cheat, read this thread:
    The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
    MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
    Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
    Fun with Veggie Purees!
    Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4
    Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center

Tickers and Signatures:
    There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
    The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
    If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
    Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
  • Sarita: Your pics look amazing. Your family is going to be shocked when they see you!
  • Hi Lisa - how was the gym the other day? How often do you think you're going to go? I just watched the clip via IP in regards to weight resistance training and how important it is to maintain. Walking and other cardio is important but they seem to stress more about free weights / weight training. Maybe I'll focus on that when I go to the gym this evening.

To all out there, have a nice Tuesday (we made it through Monday)!
  • I Need some much needed prayers and positive thoughts plz
    Good Morning my beautiful IPers <3

I am so so sad this morning. Yesterday my dad talked to their home owners insurance company and they are giving him a check but he needs to pay off the loan on the old house and when that is done he is left with about $30k to try to rebuild with. He has been out of work since Sept because he had back surgery.

He is so depressed. He suffers from manic depression and this was the straw that broke the camels back. This is his breaking point. They are left with no home, no way of clearing out the debris (insurance did not factor that in) or rebuilding before winter sets in.

I tried telling him that this is just a temp bump in the road but he is not listening to that. We are going down there Saturday to look at everything on paper, there are things they can do to fight this.

BUT it is killing me inside. To hear the sadness and emptiness in my dads voice yesterday and knowing what his mental state is it worries me deeply.

I just want to fix everything but cant. So please any positive thoughts and prayers are so needed. Just pray that my hubby and I can help find a solution for all of this mess
  • Quote: Good Morning my beautiful IPers <3

I am so so sad this morning. Yesterday my dad talked to their home owners insurance company and they are giving him a check but he needs to pay off the loan on the old house and when that is done he is left with about $30k to try to rebuild with. He has been out of work since Sept because he had back surgery.

He is so depressed. He suffers from manic depression and this was the straw that broke the camels back. This is his breaking point. They are left with no home, no way of clearing out the debris (insurance did not factor that in) or rebuilding before winter sets in.

I tried telling him that this is just a temp bump in the road but he is not listening to that. We are going down there Saturday to look at everything on paper, there are things they can do to fight this.

BUT it is killing me inside. To hear the sadness and emptiness in my dads voice yesterday and knowing what his mental state is it worries me deeply.

I just want to fix everything but cant. So please any positive thoughts and prayers are so needed. Just pray that my hubby and I can help find a solution for all of this mess
    Ok, so now there's no home loan, so can he apply for a new one? The rates are still crazy low right now. He has $30,000 to use as a down payment, of at least part of it. I'm sending positive thoughts SarahBell, please don't despair. He needs to talk to a loan officer at one of his local banks or a mortgage broker near him.

God bless xxxxxx
  • Good luck on your exam today Sarita!!!

Sarahbell, can he talk to FEMA about getting a temporary housing unit on his land until he can get his stuff together for a rebuild? We lived in one in our front yard for six months the winter after we lost our house while we waited on a decision from the city about whether we could rebuild. I don't know how it works in smaller disasters but we lost one third of our town so there were a lot of FEMA trailers in town and we had several FEMA parks. It might not be an option but he should check into it.
    Also when we couldn't rebuild we were able to get a special loan for disaster victims, it allowed us to carry both mortgages at the same time when other loans wouldn't let us do it. We had to carry both mortgages for a year while we waited on our buyout. There should be a HUD representative he can talk to about that type of possibility.
  • Quote: Good luck on your exam today Sarita!!!

Sarahbell, can he talk to FEMA about getting a temporary housing unit on his land until he can get his stuff together for a rebuild? We lived in one in our front yard for six months the winter after we lost our house while we waited on a decision from the city about whether we could rebuild. I don't know how it works in smaller disasters but we lost one third of our town so there were a lot of FEMA trailers in town and we had several FEMA parks. It might not be an option but he should check into it.
    Also when we couldn't rebuild we were able to get a special loan for disaster victims, it allowed us to carry both mortgages at the same time when other loans wouldn't let us do it. We had to carry both mortgages for a year while we waited on our buyout. There should be a HUD representative he can talk to about that type of possibility.
    OH thank you crystal wolf!!!! FEMA is not an option. How do we find a hud REP?? It just floors me how many large loopholes insurance companies have worked into their contracts. It is disgusting and heart breaking, the people who need them the most get screwed and take what they say because they are desperate for a home
  • Quote: OH thank you crystal wolf!!!! FEMA is not an option. How do we find a hud REP?? It just floors me how many large loopholes insurance companies have worked into their contracts. It is disgusting and heart breaking, the people who need them the most get screwed and take what they say because they are desperate for a home
    We had a disaster center where they had all of the agencies lined up, that is where I first heard about the type of loan. However I didn't need it for about 9 months and it was actually my loan officer at the bank who suggested we try it. He should ask his loan officer. The only problem is I don't know if the event has to be "certified" as a disaster to use this. It is a special FHA loan, we had to provide pictures of the flooded house and lots of extra information to qualify.

Here in Minot, only about 10% of people who had losses here were insured because our dikes would "protect" us and flood insurance wasn't mandatory. It seems like the folks who were insured came out worse than those of us who weren't.

He should also ask if there are any appeal options on his insurance's decision. I will look through some of my files and all of the literature I collected and see if I have anything that I think would be helpful to him.

I will keep your folks in my thoughts. The stress of everything caused me to gain 30 pounds on top of the 30 I already needed to lose.
  • Quick question! I did IP for about a month earlier this year and loved it! Life got in the way but I'm back this week! usually I enjoyed a drink for breakfast, but this morning felt like I needed something more. I made 4 egg whites. Does anyone know how much this would count towards my protein for the day?
  • Quote: We had a disaster center where they had all of the agencies lined up, that is where I first heard about the type of loan. However I didn't need it for about 9 months and it was actually my loan officer at the bank who suggested we try it. He should ask his loan officer. The only problem is I don't know if the event has to be "certified" as a disaster to use this. It is a special FHA loan, we had to provide pictures of the flooded house and lots of extra information to qualify.

Here in Minot, only about 10% of people who had losses here were insured because our dikes would "protect" us and flood insurance wasn't mandatory. It seems like the folks who were insured came out worse than those of us who weren't.

He should also ask if there are any appeal options on his insurance's decision. I will look through some of my files and all of the literature I collected and see if I have anything that I think would be helpful to him.

I will keep your folks in my thoughts. The stress of everything caused me to gain 30 pounds on top of the 30 I already needed to lose.

I am trying not to stress, easier said than done. I know you guys flood almost every spring, we send MSU and U of M students to help when we can

I called Iowa HUD division and explained the whole situation and she gave me the number for the Iowa Insurance Fraud and Investigations through the state. I told her that they 100% full replacement value of the home which was valued at $138K alone , plus there needs to be debris removal (I can promise you that a silo will NOT move itself from the trees in the front yard!) so I called my dad and gave him the number and he was looking for it yesterday, he is fighting mad and ready to battle this thing!

thank you for your sweet words and help!!
  • I am in the Right mindset.....
  • Quote: Hi Lisa - how was the gym the other day? How often do you think you're going to go? I just watched the clip via IP in regards to weight resistance training and how important it is to maintain. Walking and other cardio is important but they seem to stress more about free weights / weight training. Maybe I'll focus on that when I go to the gym this evening.
    I did Aqua classes Sunday and yesterday. I need to call them to make an appointment with a personal trainer (2 free!). I will be taking it verrrryyy slowly so as not to upset anything my PT is doing with my back rehab. So far after the Aqua classes my back is just fine.

I'm currently doing PT exercises 6-7 days/week and going to PT twice weekly. I'd like to start at the gym with 3-4 days/week, eventually moving to 5-6 days.

Quote: Quick question! I did IP for about a month earlier this year and loved it! Life got in the way but I'm back this week! usually I enjoyed a drink for breakfast, but this morning felt like I needed something more. I made 4 egg whites. Does anyone know how much this would count towards my protein for the day?
    4 whole eggs + 2 egg whites is dinner protein
    or
    2 egg whites has long been considered a 0/0/0 (carbs/sugar/fat) - which IP used to say was okay (anything 0/0/0)

4 egg whites, you'll have to "fudge" on your own a bit. You could count them as your morning packet this once & then move on. A packet equivalent is 1 whole egg + 3 egg whites.
  • can someone poiht me in the direction of how to load before and after photos in the signature.

I've figured out how to load one but not the other.

I've searched the faq's and can't seem to find anything that addresses this.

thanks!
  • Confused about this new product they're coming out with. The guidelines of when to eat it are vague and it is super high calorie/fat.

Raspberry Chocolaty Bar

"We have redefined the classic chocolate bar to bring you the Ideal Protein Raspberry Chocolaty Bar, a decadent reward for dieters on all phases, particularly dieters enjoying the freedom of Phase 4.

For dieters who tend to fall off the wagon, this is the one chocolate reward that is permitted as an occasional treat.

Soon you will be able to taste this new addition and we think you’ll simply love it!"

220 calories
    15 grams of fat
    14 grams of saturated fat
    16 grams of carbs
    2 grams of fiber
    10 grams of sugar alcohols
    10 grams of protein
  • How did you determine your goal weight?
    Ok I want to know how your goal weight was determined? Is it what you personally want to weight by Phase 4 and into maintenance?
    Was it based on gaining some weight back when we get into a maintained phase for a little wiggle room?
    Or was it recommended by your Dr. based on height and all of that stuff?

I am just curious to see how you decided what you want. I am comfy around 130-140 lbs. that is my comfort zone. Anything less than 130 is too thin for me personally. I am rethinking my goal weight to 135? is it wise to change it or just go with one number and shoot for the stars?