IP daily chat Monday, October 21, 2013

You're on Page 1 of 5
Go to

• Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
    NSV = Non-scale victory
    TOM = time of the month
    WI = Weigh-in
    WF = Walden Farms
    OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
    Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
    Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
    Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
    and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

NOTE: Attached files in stickies (and elsewhere) have been nonfunctional for the past few weeks. Admin are a aware of the problem & it has been reported to tech support.
    Links to Googledocs have been added for protocol sheets until technical issues are resolved

And before you cheat, read this thread:
    The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
    MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
    Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
    Fun with Veggie Purees!
    Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4
    Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center

Tickers and Signatures:
    There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
    The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
    If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
    Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
  • Posted this late last night but want to re-post it in case anyone missed it...chocolate pancakes and vanilla crispy squares are being discontinued. Stock up while they're still available!
  • Good morning! I weigh in today and for the second week I haven't lost. I have lost 3 to 4 every week almost for the prior 9 weeks so I cant complain down 40 lbs since August 3rd. I should be able to give myself a break and say this is temporary step it up. But I'm scared that was it and now going forward this is the new pattern! I know there's nothing anyone can say, I've read this forum long enough to know everyone goes through this so I shouldn't feel so alarmed but I do cant help it !! Thanks for listening!
  • Good morning! Brrr. It got cold fast. Chilly out but beautiful.

Re: "hot" chocolate from last night. Directions I saw said to add water and make chocolate drink per usual then microwave. I tried to mix with already hot water and it didn't blend well.

QUESTION: has anyone taken the IP enzymes? I started them yesterday and they seem to have worsened the big C? Possible? Confusing...

IP POWER to all!
  • I woke up with Pinkeye!
    Good Morning and Happy Monday!

I woke up with all kinds of gunk on my eye and eyelashes, and washed my face only to see my eye is all red, itchy and sore

I am going to get an rx for it today just so it clears up faster. What a way to start the week LOL.
  • freeeeezzinnnggg in the DMV this am! Makes me cross! WI Monday today - lost 1.2 lbs!!! WOOHOOO!!! I'm going dowwnn and i love it! Have a wonderful 100% OP day IPEEPS!
  • Morning all! Got up this morning to find out daughter was carpooling with her friends so I didn't need to get up! Lol oh well already poured a cup of coffee so I guess I'm up. Sitting here enjoying a beautiful fall morning in Southern Louisiana. Love this time of year p, it's getting cooler. The high today is 79 instead of 99!

Doing well staying OP, waiting on my box of alts from Nashua. Should be here tomorrow. Feeling confident about doing this on my own.

Hope everyone has a great week!
  • Quote: Good Morning and Happy Monday!

I woke up with all kinds of gunk on my eye and eyelashes, and washed my face only to see my eye is all red, itchy and sore

I am going to get an rx for it today just so it clears up faster. What a way to start the week LOL.
    Same here - sick day. Was taking care of my teenage son who has strap throat and fewer, ending up catching all that from him. Not good. Need to get up and eat something.
  • Lost 1.6 at my weigh in this morning, not surprised it wasn't more, I was in Philly this weekend visiting my sister-in-law and it was very hard to stay totally OP, I ended up eating an extra packet on Saturday in lieu of dinner as there were just not a lot of options and I ended up eating some cheese as well, I however did NOT eat anything from the food truck festival we went too, I did not eat the homemade bagels, or the lemon poppy seed waffles my sister-in-law made. So despite not a huge loss I am feeling good about great about my life style changes. I am also feeling skinny, I put two shirts on this weekend that were too large, which was so exciting!
  • Quote: Good Morning and Happy Monday!

Ah, the joys of having little ones in the house. I remember that happening a couple of times. Hope it clears up quickly for you.

Quote: freeeeezzinnnggg in the DMV this am! Makes me cross! WI Monday today - lost 1.2 lbs!!! WOOHOOO!!! I'm going dowwnn and i love it! Have a wonderful 100% OP day IPEEPS!
    Woohoo, congrats!

Quote: Morning all! Got up this morning to find out daughter was carpooling with her friends so I didn't need to get up! Lol oh well already poured a cup of coffee so I guess I'm up. Sitting here enjoying a beautiful fall morning in Southern Louisiana. Love this time of year p, it's getting cooler. The high today is 79 instead of 99!

Doing well staying OP, waiting on my box of alts from Nashua. Should be here tomorrow. Feeling confident about doing this on my own.

Hope everyone has a great week!
    79 instead of 99...ha, ha, ha! You can do it on your own, I know you can!

Good Monday morning all! It's going to be a rough couple of days at work so bring on the coffee

Have a busy week between the stuff going on at work, going to a hockey game tomorrow night, my son's volleyball tournament Wednesday and throw some of his hockey practices in there. Good thing I planned some meals in advance, lol! My sister wants to go to Ikea tonight after work but I'll still come home before to eat - not sure about Ikea meatballs being IP friendly.

Have a great IP day everyone!
    Jo
  • Quote: Lost 1.6 at my weigh in this morning, not surprised it wasn't more, I was in Philly this weekend visiting my sister-in-law and it was very hard to stay totally OP, I ended up eating an extra packet on Saturday in lieu of dinner as there were just not a lot of options and I ended up eating some cheese as well, I however did NOT eat anything from the food truck festival we went too, I did not eat the homemade bagels, or the lemon poppy seed waffles my sister-in-law made. So despite not a huge loss I am feeling good about great about my life style changes. I am also feeling skinny, I put two shirts on this weekend that were too large, which was so exciting!
    Wow, talk about temptation!!! You did great!!!!!!!

Yesterday I unpacked 2 bags of smaller clothes I put away months ago, it was so exciting to slip on slacks and jackets and find they fit again! I had to throw a wet towel in the dryer with all my "new" clothes to knock the wrinkles out of them. I'm typing this post in bed, looking at my "new" slacks and jacket hanging on the back of my door that I'm going to wear to work today. I'm gonna be styling!!!!!!
  • Quote: Good morning! I weigh in today and for the second week I haven't lost. I have lost 3 to 4 every week almost for the prior 9 weeks so I cant complain down 40 lbs since August 3rd. I should be able to give myself a break and say this is temporary step it up. But I'm scared that was it and now going forward this is the new pattern! I know there's nothing anyone can say, I've read this forum long enough to know everyone goes through this so I shouldn't feel so alarmed but I do cant help it !! Thanks for listening!
    Don't know what your coach will recommend, but when I slowed down for a couple of weeks in a row, my coach looked through my food journal and decided perhaps I wasn't taking in enough calories, and suggested either starting a restricted (daily as one of my 3 packets - I hadn't yet had any restricteds), - OR - adding a 4th packet every 3 days (remain with 3 packets on the other days). It did seem to 'shake things up' a little and I lost more the following week. I've been trying to do the same while on vacation, so we'll see the outcome next week when I weigh in after no weigh in for 3 weeks!

Quote: Doing well staying OP..... Feeling confident about doing this on my own.
    Wow, you are really doing great! 30 lbs down! Way to go!

I will be away another week, so like I said, I will have had no weigh ins for 3 weeks! I have continued 100%OP and feel like I am losing, so I hope the scale shows it next week when I return. My last weigh in was week 7, so my next will be week 10. Praying for a good one!

NSV - a jacket I didn't used to be able to zip - brought it with me on vacation and......ZIP! Same with a sweatshirt that used to be too tight and not comfortable. I'm nearly swimming in it now! LOVE IT! Things like this keep me going!

Have a great week everyone!
  • Good Morning yall! I had a rough weekend. For some reason I feel like I was kicked out of Ketosis. I wanted to eat everything in sight! I'm not far from TOM but i've never experienced this type of craving while on IP/close to TOM. The only thing I changed about my eating habits was incorporating occasional veggies for the first time since starting IP. Do you think that would cause something like that? I ate tomatoes. I know that the occasional ones won't kick you out of ketosis but I wonder if my body just wasn't used to getting something like that? My dad also marinated his bbq chicken in Italian dressing and didn't tell me....what do yall think?

Hope everyone has a great OP-craving free day!
  • Quote: Wow, talk about temptation!!! You did great!!!!!!!

Yesterday I unpacked 2 bags of smaller clothes I put away months ago, it was so exciting to slip on slacks and jackets and find they fit again! I had to throw a wet towel in the dryer with all my "new" clothes to knock the wrinkles out of them. I'm typing this post in bed, looking at my "new" slacks and jacket hanging on the back of my door that I'm going to wear to work today. I'm gonna be styling!!!!!!

Thank you! It was tough but I was so proud to not eat any of it!
  • Morning! It's a beautiful day here in Burlington but getting a lot cooler this week. Enjoying a quiet morning after dropping the kids to school and before heading to work.

Congrats on the loses ladies and NSV!
    Have a great OP day