Closed Thread

Old 10-19-2013, 05:04 PM   #31  
Started IP 6-5-13

S/C/G: 211.4/154.0/155

Height: 5'7 and a half!

Hi ladies! I was standing in my bathroom trying not to cry about how much hair committed suicide while I was trying to curl it just now. So I walked away and came here for a little pick me up. Love the positive things happening for everyone, love that you are all here sharing your ups and downs every day. Thanks for being here!

I am going to finish getting dressed, put on my make up and remind myself that hubby is not even going to notice my lack of hair! And it will grow back anyway. I will also remind myself that a week into maintenance my scale showed the lowest number yet this morning 153.8! No crying because I don't need puffy eyes too!
Old 10-19-2013, 05:15 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 186.2/181.6/160

Height: 5' 5"

Hi ladies, you are all very supportive here! I am on week 3 and actually enjoy the program. Yesterday I made some lemon muffins with 2 different packets and they were very good!
This morning I made a pancake and really enjoyed it, with a vanilla drink packet and an egg, etc.

I am off to work now, so have a great day!
Old 10-19-2013, 05:31 PM   #33  
Started IP August 14 2013

S/C/G: 216.5/153/155

Height: 5'7"

Hi Crystalwolf
I'm sorry about your hair but I'm guessing it is the last thing either of you will care about once you set eyes on each other
Plus you've got the IP confidence going for you. Confidence is very attractive and I'm sure you wear it well.
Go girl!!
Old 10-19-2013, 05:59 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 152/144/105

Height: 5'0

Instead of the 1oz of dairy (skim milk for coffee) is it ok to use just a liiiittllleee bit of fat free feta cheese?
Old 10-19-2013, 06:11 PM   #35  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strongisthenewskinny View Post
Instead of the 1oz of dairy (skim milk for coffee) is it ok to use just a liiiittllleee bit of fat free feta cheese?
it is not on the IP protocol
Old 10-19-2013, 06:31 PM   #36  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
it is not on the IP protocol
The milk isnt? Or are you talking about the cheese?

Theres less carbs, no fat, and more protein and only about 20 more calories in 1/4 cup of feta vs. 1 oz of skim milk.. I wouldnt even need 1/4 cup of feta.

What would be the effect of using the feta? Would it take me out of ketosis? I also workout, so the few extra calories im not too concerned about..
Old 10-19-2013, 06:41 PM   #37  

Quote:
The milk isnt? Or are you talking about the cheese?

Theres less carbs, no fat, and more protein and only about 20 more calories in 1/4 cup of feta vs. 1 oz of skim milk.. I wouldnt even need 1/4 cup of feta.

What would be the effect of using the feta? Would it take me out of ketosis? I also workout, so the few extra calories im not too concerned about..
The cheese isn't
There are more reasons than fat, calories, carbs for what is included/not included on the plan. Cheese is a big source of cravings

All I can say is it isn't on the sheet. From there it seems some folks make their own decisions and some folks stick to the plan. It's up to you.
Old 10-19-2013, 06:42 PM   #38  

Staying away from it would be a good idea then i guess since i crave cheese, ha. Thank you for your help
Old 10-19-2013, 07:00 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 258/247/160

Height: 5'1

can someone explain IP alternative or tell me where to go to read on it
thanks darla.
Old 10-19-2013, 07:15 PM   #40  

Quote:
Originally Posted by darlac View Post
can someone explain IP alternative or tell me where to go to read on it
thanks darla.
The alternative plan for diabetics (and other medical conditions) or doing IP with alternative products?
Old 10-19-2013, 07:21 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalWolf View Post
Hi ladies! I was standing in my bathroom trying not to cry about how much hair committed suicide while I was trying to curl it just now. So I walked away and came here for a little pick me up. Love the positive things happening for everyone, love that you are all here sharing your ups and downs every day. Thanks for being here!

I am going to finish getting dressed, put on my make up and remind myself that hubby is not even going to notice my lack of hair! And it will grow back anyway. I will also remind myself that a week into maintenance my scale showed the lowest number yet this morning 153.8! No crying because I don't need puffy eyes too!
So sorry about the hair suicide Just wanted you to know that your posts and numbers have been an inspiration to me during the past few weeks. Hope that you had a fun night anyway.
Old 10-19-2013, 08:20 PM   #42  
Started IP Oct 1, 2013

S/C/G: 171.6/see ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Staying away from it would be a good idea then i guess since i crave cheese, ha. Thank you for your help
I feel your pain! I miss cheese terribly! I actually tried those IP cheese crisp chip-like things today hoping that they would satisfy the craving, but no luck. I threw them away after eating 3 of them. Oh well. We can do this even without our beloved cheese!

Question for everyone.....when did you notice the hormonal-type effects (hair loss, more emotional, irregular periods, etc) of this diet? How long were you OP before you started to see the issues? I ask, because although I have had migraines off and on since I was a teenager, I haven't had one in about a year since I stopped taking birth control pills. I began to suspect that the hormones in the BC pills were triggering migraines, so I stopped taking them. Sure enough, I went from having a migraine several times a month, to NONE in the last year. Well.....today I got one. I can't help but wonder if this one is related to fat loss. I've actually worried some about whether the fat in my body is storing more androgenic or estrogenic hormones, because I worried about the possibility of estrogenic hormones inducing migraines. But it just seems wayyyy too soon. I'm not even 3 full weeks OP yet. I've only lost about 8 pounds. Maybe it's just a fluke. I hope it is. I do NOT relish the idea of these happening more often if they're weight loss related.
Old 10-19-2013, 08:29 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

MelissaKate- I had a migraine the second week on IP. I usually only get them around my TOM. I know that they mentioned being more fertile while using the protocol, so your theory about hormones seems on target. Maybe the high soy content?
Old 10-20-2013, 01:54 AM   #44  
My own kind of beautiful

S/C/G: 334/245/175

Height: 5'5"

NSV - It's been rainy here in Ohio, and I am tired of dragging my umbrella around, so I went to Goodwill to look for a rain jacket. I found one that didn't look too shabby, and it was an XL (I wear a 2X usually) and it was a LITTLE snug on the hips, but I could zip it!! I bought it and was so excited!
Old 10-20-2013, 07:46 AM   #45  

Deana

Enjoy that coat! My 2 I got "poppin tags" are at the cleaners so I'll be ready for the big chill.

I'm with you on the umbrella. I carry too much stuff in & out of multiple sites every day to keep an umbrella too. Jacket with a hood is essential for me!

Here's my recent NSV
I've gotten so used to the stall that I've stayed off the scale so I don't get discouraged. I DID weigh this week before another phase cycle. It's still stuck.
But I noticed my pants seem like they are getting bigger.

Know how I'm always that the scale isn't the only way to gauge fat loss?
How about 1.5" off my waist and 2" off my hips

Someday the scale will join the not-stalled party but until then, ANY positive (or in this case negative -as in "going down") feedback will do!

The moral? Don't forget the measuring tape & don't give up on the smaller you!

Later this morning I'm heading over to a nearby gym to join. If the scale doesn't want to move, there are other ways to burn fat. Since I'll be adding P3 carbs again, I think it's time. Plus my back seems to have made it over some invisible threshold & I am now having multiple pain-free days in a row (unfortunately this morning isn't one of them)

On sooo many levels, persistence pays!
Closed Thread