Closed Thread

Old 10-18-2013, 09:47 PM   #46  
Reboot 10/24/15 - Age 49

S/C/G: 217.5/202.3/155

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
I had the best IP treat, had to share. I mixed a cappuccino IP drink with my water, heated it. Used a Bigelow pumpkin spice tea bag with 4 ounces of water, made hot tea. Mixed this with the cappuccino and added 1 T fat free sugar free carmel flavoring. Made my day.
This sounds delish!!! I can't wait to try it for myself!!
Old 10-18-2013, 10:12 PM   #47  
IP Start: 05/16/13

S/C/G: 215.8/140.3/145

Height: 5'5"

Good evening all. Today I have been studying all day in advance of the examination. I feel strong about it, which is nice. Am finishing up after posting and then am going to watch some TV and go to bed. Start again tomorrow.

I took my flashcards (on my phone, via an app - really cool) and went for a long walk today around SF's Golden Gate Park. It was really just a stroll, but I enjoyed it. I walked 7 miles, studying, mumbling to myself. I stopped for a hot tea and a relax in the De Young Art Museum's courtyard, surrounded by art. It was a very nice way to study.

Tonight, the boyfriend invited me to Thanksgiving at his parents in AZ. I was going to meet his family in April in St. Maarten, but now the meeting date is being moved up. I am very excited and nervous.

Big Question! - what IP foods do peeps take on the plane? I wasn't planning on checking baggage but need to have food on my flight next Friday (8+ hour flight). Thoughts? Thanks!
Old 10-19-2013, 01:27 AM   #48  
Started IP 5/13/13

S/C/G: 185/128/135

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarita75 View Post
Good evening all. Today I have been studying all day in advance of the examination. I feel strong about it, which is nice. Am finishing up after posting and then am going to watch some TV and go to bed. Start again tomorrow.

I took my flashcards (on my phone, via an app - really cool) and went for a long walk today around SF's Golden Gate Park. It was really just a stroll, but I enjoyed it. I walked 7 miles, studying, mumbling to myself. I stopped for a hot tea and a relax in the De Young Art Museum's courtyard, surrounded by art. It was a very nice way to study.

Tonight, the boyfriend invited me to Thanksgiving at his parents in AZ. I was going to meet his family in April in St. Maarten, but now the meeting date is being moved up. I am very excited and nervous.

Big Question! - what IP foods do peeps take on the plane? I wasn't planning on checking baggage but need to have food on my flight next Friday (8+ hour flight). Thoughts? Thanks!
I recently traveled to AZ and took some bars, protidiet bbq soy puffs, and a baggie of sliced jicama sprinkled with cinnamon and splenda. I also had a couple of hard boiled eggs and dill pickles in another baggie. It seemed to work well but my flight was not as long.
Old 10-19-2013, 01:37 AM   #49  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecdcslim View Post
Sarahbell & Lisa:

Thanks. Can I just live on packets and bars/quest bars? Bottled water shouldn't be an issue. The raw veg will be the only thing I'd definitely avoid. When you 'phase off' what does that look like? I've tried looking it up but can't find the info in this forum. There's got to be a way I can stay on it and broaden my vegetable options (ie go off plan just with veggies, end up eating some cooked green beans, lentils, beans, etc.)? Yes, I'm panicking cause this is working and I don't want to stop argh.....
All of the phases are in the sticky thread. I put attachments there. If they are still broken, there is also a link to Google docs with all of the a phase sheets. But your coach should provide you with the info. You ARE paying for it!

Quote:
No RTDs...(the liquids won't get thru TSA). Packets and your shaker. I bought a Brita bottle so I could fill it at drinking fountains without paying airport prices for bottled water. Celery travels well. So do bell pepper strips if it is a 1-day trip.

Last edited by lisa32989; 10-19-2013 at 01:38 AM.
Old 10-19-2013, 06:45 AM   #50  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Quote:

Sarita- Thinking of you and sending good vibes for your exams. You have worked so hard at so much for months now...it is almost over and you deserve a real block of time with family, days away and time to celebrate all you have done! It's right around the corner! Don't know you except on this board, but honestly feel like you are one of my sisters or daughters and really really hope the next few days go well, and you can relax at last!

As for the air travel, as you probably know I do plenty of that visiting my sisters (4 of them) and daughters (2 of them)... on a regular basis

I take packets and shaker in my carry on bag. My family picks up EAS drinks at Walmart or where ever and there is a quick supply ready and waiting for me in both the kitchen and guest room when I arrive. Simple! It makes being away in that setting stress free. My daughters know what select veggies I like and need now and they get lettuce and the veggies for salad that are on my list and make sure there is enough frozen spinach and broccoli and cauli, and eggs on hand when I arrive too in case we run out of something and have more important activities on the day's agenda than going to the store!! Initially when I began IP, I asked them to pick up enough for the first day or two for me. My family was supportive and it made it easy being at their homes, and staying "On Plan". Also I picked up a bag of the plain "perdue perfect portions" boneless chicken breasts individually wrapped and frozen, and a bag of frozen shrimp once I got there, so no matter what the family wanted to eat, I had a ready stash of protein I could quickly fix if needed. (Turned out I did not ever need to use those because of that situation. All dinners were IP appropriate, since every one loves steak or grilled fish or pork loins...etc.) You'll be fine...just plan for when your neices and nephews want pizza or spaghetti...and you will come back happy you were able to stay OP! The worst that can happen is no one can go to the store ahead of time for you...so being assertive about needing to make a run as soon as you get settled should be no different, and just as important, as someone else traveling with a young child that needs to get special things stocked once they arrive.

Have a wonderful well deserved romp with all of your loved ones...roll on the floor..skip down the sidewalk...talk way into the night with your mom and laugh a lot!
kathie

Last edited by 65X65; 10-19-2013 at 06:46 AM.
Closed Thread