Old 10-17-2013, 04:45 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 180/157/155

Height: 5'9

Default Tasting your kid's food

I have a 14 month old and I make all her meals (obviously). Some things, like an omelette or grilled cheese sandwich, I don't need to taste. But other things, like the curry that's currently simmering away on the stove, I do need to taste to make sure it's seasoned correctly.

Up until now, I've been just tasting and then spitting whatever it is out, but I'm worried enough sugar or carbs is getting into my system to do damage.

For those of you who cook for others, what do you do?

TIA!
Ferk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 05:14 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 233/233/130

Height: 5'4"

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferk View Post
I have a 14 month old and I make all her meals (obviously). Some things, like an omelette or grilled cheese sandwich, I don't need to taste. But other things, like the curry that's currently simmering away on the stove, I do need to taste to make sure it's seasoned correctly.

Up until now, I've been just tasting and then spitting whatever it is out, but I'm worried enough sugar or carbs is getting into my system to do damage.

For those of you who cook for others, what do you do?

TIA!
Welcome to my world too!!! I am SAHM, and deal with this day in and out! Curry is not too bad, I spit it out like you do! My little one does not eat curry yet he is not a fan LOL.

But it is hard with wee ones. I am the main cook in the house , I have started to chew gum while I cook it stops me from tasting too "much"
HTH
sarahBell is offline   Reply With Quote