Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2013, 10:59 AM   #31  
IP start date 8/1/2013

S/C/G: 195/138.6/130

Height: 4'10

Quote:
Originally Posted by schenectady View Post
Tough day yesterday - first day in 8 weeks that I went off IP. I have been having struggles emotionally supporting my son away at school who is having issues. I drove 10 hours out there last week and yesterday was sent on the phone for hours. He was very depressed and kept saying he wanted to be left ALONE. Then I did not hear for hours even after I asked him to consider checking in with us.

I was crying and just broken as I could not just jump in the car and drive again but I did not seem to be able to give him any help. I was alone in the house and had that terrible feeling that a parent can have at being totally useless to a hurting child.

The good news part of it is that I remember what it is like to lose it when it comes to eating. I rediscovered what it is to really hate what I was doing both during and after. I was angry with myself for being weak.

At the same time, I also came close to that 'falling off the wagon' feeling and reaffirmed for myself that I MUST control 'deviations/cheating/slipping' because it is such an easy d quick slide down that slippery slope.

So I will make another trip this weekend to college to reconnect with my son, hopefully taken my older son with me as a surprise. He is returning from Marine deployment, coming in from Hawaii after who knows how many months. I think his presence will help - I may find a way to wander off and let them talk.

My plan of attack - measure, check drink intake, keep to the low and clean end of IP, lots of yard work, and recommit. I do not fear that I will fail because I am feeling very strong this morning. Maybe I needed that big oops to push me back to stronger determination.

Shock to discover I am human! Hah

I want you to know I am sending healing and loving light to your son. Having fought depression since I was a young child ( first diagnosis was at 10) I have been in his shoes. Being away at from my family was a horror story for me. I lived for almost 4 years in tx while my mom was here and those were he worst years of my life.

I am also sending love light and lots of IP willpower to you. You are a wonderful mama and will get your boy thru this! Thanky ou and your older son for his service.
Old 10-16-2013, 11:09 AM   #32  
Back for a tweak

S/C/G: 120/115/110

Height: 5'0"

I don't normally post on this thread and am just back starting my Reboot - week 2. Massive craving right now. I'm at work so I don't have anything to snack on. I was too lazy to make a salad so all I have for the entire day are my 3 IP products, and I have to wait until at least noon to have my second one, but I'm just watching the clock, tick,tick,tick. And water does NOTHING for me insofar as cravings are concerned. Maybe a decaf coffee. . . . ugh cravings suck.
Old 10-16-2013, 11:10 AM   #33  
On a mission!

S/C/G: 299/260/150

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Tough day yesterday - first day in 8 weeks that I went off IP. ... Shock to discover I am human! Hah

I am so sorry to hear about your struggle. On the eating side, sounds like you have a plan and you are back on track, so that is awesome. I am sure bringing your other son with you will also help. I work at a college, and so I am wondering if you have spoken to either your son's RA or better yet the Resident Director over the dorm he lives in. Because of FERPA and other laws colleges are limited about what they can provide you with when your son is over 18, but part of an RD's job is keeping him safe. If you are concerned, having another person on your side and looking out for him will help. I know this is completely unsolicited advice, but I hope you won't mind. I have several loved ones who suffer from severe depression and it has been my experience that it takes a lot of people to help. If you need any help navigating the college scene, figuring out who to contact, pm me, I am happy to help. Good luck.
Old 10-16-2013, 11:13 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Default Crying

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolasmurf View Post
I want you to know I am sending healing and loving light to your son. Having fought depression since I was a young child ( first diagnosis was at 10) I have been in his shoes. Being away at from my family was a horror story for me. I lived for almost 4 years in tx while my mom was here and those were he worst years of my life.

I am also sending love light and lots of IP willpower to you. You are a wonderful mama and will get your boy thru this! Thanky ou and your older son for his service.
Now I am crying at your kind words. Thank you. It is so hard being far away from him when I need to comfort him. He is the neatest kid and sometimes so full of joy and excitement about being a young man out in the world by himself. Then I get the call where I can tell he is in the dumps.

Being a mother has meant the world to me and this is hard. I do have such joy over seeing big brother come home - he will deploy again in April but I am determined to get in a visit to him in Hawaii before he goes. So I am redoubling my efforts to get this weight off so I can show up in Honolulu having already travelled to Onederland!

I appreciate my IP friends here - it gets me through the bad days and makes my good days better.
Old 10-16-2013, 11:26 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 233/233/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Tough day yesterday - first day in 8 weeks that I went off IP. I have been having struggles emotionally supporting my son away at school who is having issues. I drove 10 hours out there last week and yesterday was sent on the phone for hours. He was very depressed and kept saying he wanted to be left ALONE. Then I did not hear for hours even after I asked him to consider checking in with us.

I was crying and just broken as I could not just jump in the car and drive again but I did not seem to be able to give him any help. I was alone in the house and had that terrible feeling that a parent can have at being totally useless to a hurting child.

The good news part of it is that I remember what it is like to lose it when it comes to eating. I rediscovered what it is to really hate what I was doing both during and after. I was angry with myself for being weak.

At the same time, I also came close to that 'falling off the wagon' feeling and reaffirmed for myself that I MUST control 'deviations/cheating/slipping' because it is such an easy d quick slide down that slippery slope.

So I will make another trip this weekend to college to reconnect with my son, hopefully taken my older son with me as a surprise. He is returning from Marine deployment, coming in from Hawaii after who knows how many months. I think his presence will help - I may find a way to wander off and let them talk.

My plan of attack - measure, check drink intake, keep to the low and clean end of IP, lots of yard work, and recommit. I do not fear that I will fail because I am feeling very strong this morning. Maybe I needed that big oops to push me back to stronger determination.

Shock to discover I am human! Hah
I am sending big and so many positive-healing and happy vibes your way AND a big dose of prayers too. I am so so sorry you are going through such an emotional time. I hope your son feels better and is able to talk to you and then help him heal <3

+++++thoughts+++ for you and your family
Old 10-16-2013, 11:27 AM   #36  

schenectady: Take care of you so you can take care of him!
No beating yourself up allowed.
Emotional eating got many of us in the mess we were in when we came to IP. I view it as "in remission" but certainly note "cured" by ketosis. Anything strong enough can make it rear it's ugly head.

It sounds like you have a plan for you AND for him.
So hard to be so far away.
Sending strength!

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow2lose View Post
I don't normally post on this thread and am just back starting my Reboot - week 2. Massive craving right now. I'm at work so I don't have anything to snack on. I was too lazy to make a salad so all I have for the entire day are my 3 IP products, and I have to wait until at least noon to have my second one, but I'm just watching the clock, tick,tick,tick. And water does NOTHING for me insofar as cravings are concerned. Maybe a decaf coffee. . . . ugh cravings suck.
Yes. They suck!
I keep several herbal teas in my drawer at work. When I finish my morning chocolate smoothie, I make peppermint tea (in the smoothie tumbler - it cleans out the remnants & "goes with" chocolate). Plus, it gives me something to sip on until lunch. Those hot drinks really help (most of the time)!
Some days we just have to "power thru" the cravings (I view them as any other pain to be endured) and we come out stronger on the other side. Other days, a crutch like some tea can help BIG TIME.
Keep lettuce with you too. Amazing how that can help if we are TRULY hungry.
Old 10-16-2013, 11:31 AM   #37  
Back for a tweak

S/C/G: 120/115/110

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Yes. They suck!
I keep several herbal teas in my drawer at work. When I finish my morning chocolate smoothie, I make peppermint tea (in the smoothie tumbler - it cleans out the remnants & "goes with" chocolate). Plus, it gives me something to sip on until lunch. Those hot drinks really help (most of the time)!
Some days we just have to "power thru" the cravings (I view them as any other pain to be endured) and we come out stronger on the other side. Other days, a crutch like some tea can help BIG TIME.
Keep lettuce with you too. Amazing how that can help if we are TRULY hungry.
Yeah I have some herbal tea here but I just wasn't in the mood for it. I had a coffee and that seems to be doing the trick. Yep, WILL POWER is a must for IP!!!
Old 10-16-2013, 11:45 AM   #38  
Started IP 5/13/13

S/C/G: 185/128/135

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Quote:
Now I am crying at your kind words. Thank you. It is so hard being far away from him when I need to comfort him. He is the neatest kid and sometimes so full of joy and excitement about being a young man out in the world by himself. Then I get the call where I can tell he is in the dumps.

Being a mother has meant the world to me and this is hard. I do have such joy over seeing big brother come home - he will deploy again in April but I am determined to get in a visit to him in Hawaii before he goes. So I am redoubling my efforts to get this weight off so I can show up in Honolulu having already travelled to Onederland!

I appreciate my IP friends here - it gets me through the bad days and makes my good days better.
Oh how I feel your pain. I went through the same thing with my daughter. I was tormented with worry. We spent many nights on the phone with her crying or despondent. I was exhausted and sick over it. I can only offer my sincere prayers for you and your son. I am so sorry you are going through this and hope it gets better soon for you all.
Old 10-16-2013, 12:04 PM   #39  

Question How many SAHM/House Wives/Husbands are here?

How many of us follow under the above title?

ME!!! It can be a big challenge for me most days and fighting the inner snack demons really suck! Who else is there
Old 10-16-2013, 12:07 PM   #40  
Started IP 9/10/2013

S/C/G: 220/157/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahBell View Post
How many of us follow under the above title?

ME!!! It can be a big challenge for me most days and fighting the inner snack demons really suck! Who else is there
I'm a mom, but not a SAH - I really sympathize with how much more challenging the program would be if I were. Weekdays at my desk in the office are easy, it is the weekends at home that are much more difficult. Hats off to those of you doing it at home full time!

Kathy
Old 10-16-2013, 12:07 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 240/160/165

Height: 5'5

First day of maintenance is going well, scared to be starting this journey but I know I can do it. Just need to keep eating healthy and working out.

Schenectady: Sorry to hear about your son, depression is very hard to overcome.
Old 10-16-2013, 12:08 PM   #42  

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassieleeanne View Post
First day of maintenance is going well, scared to be starting this journey but I know I can do it. Just need to keep eating healthy and working out.

Schenectady: Sorry to hear about your son, depression is very hard to overcome.
Sending you will power dust (sorry I have no clue how to make it sparkle!)
Old 10-16-2013, 12:58 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 240/160/165

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahBell View Post
Sending you will power dust (sorry I have no clue how to make it sparkle!)
To the right when you are doing a quote it has those smiley faces and stuff if you click more and scroll down you can get it.

Thank you though

Old 10-16-2013, 01:12 PM   #44  

Height: 5'4

Tomorrow will be day 4 for me on IP. I will be on the road during my normal lunch time & will have to eat in the car. Can anyone give me a few ideas for some good veggies I can (cut up tonight) and eat raw on the go? Thanks in advance for the help.
Old 10-16-2013, 01:15 PM   #45  
Started IP August 14 2013

S/C/G: 216.5/153/155

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metroeastgirl View Post
Tomorrow will be day 4 for me on IP. I will be on the road during my normal lunch time & will have to eat in the car. Can anyone give me a few ideas for some good veggies I can (cut up tonight) and eat raw on the go? Thanks in advance for the help.
I've done this a couple of times. I bring a bowl with bell pepper, cucumber (tho that can get watery) celery and jicama.
Sometimes I bring another bowl with salted romaine lettuce.
Get's it all done.

It's really about what you like (and what is on the sheet). I use the seedless cukes sometimes and I did try zucchini but wasn't as happy with that as a raw veggie.

Last edited by vachinyc; 10-16-2013 at 01:16 PM.
Closed Thread