IP Daily Chat Tuesday 10/15/2013

You're on Page 3 of 5
Go to
  • Quote: Good morning fellow IPers! I am happy to report that after a few weeks of veryyyy slow losses, I can finally say I have lost 50 lbs.! I don't know why, but the 50 seems like a really big number to me and I'm happy to be here!

I started running a few weeks ago and am on week 3 day 2 of Couch to 5k. It's tough but I am enjoying it (who am I? I like running?!). Most of all, I'm enjoying being able to move my body around without so much effort. I bought some Quest Bars to supplement on day that I am running, and I will keep an eye on the scale to make sure I'm not screwing up everything I have worked for. Otherwise, I'm just going to keep on keepin' on. Have a good day everyone!

CONGRATS!!! This is such a huge accomplishment. I know I felt great when I got there, so I can imagine how happy you are!

I had the chips last week. They are a VERY strong garlic flavor, so much so that I felt like I was offending the people around me But they are a welcome change to my pudding routine. Also, there are SO MANY in each bag!
    THANKS! and 50 is a huge number!! its the size of a small toddler or 10 5 lb bags of sugar i kno u feel sooo good! Cant wait to join u in 50 world
  • Goal weight
    Does anyone know how IP officially talks about how they set your goal weight?

I forgot to ask my coach last week and I've been wondering about it since we all seem to vary so much with goal weights - even people who are the same height.

Most weight loss plans in the past have given me a number I thought was far to low to be maintainable and not miserable. But my IP goal is very close to the weight I maintained for a good 8 years or so (as an adult).

I'm just curious how they come to the number if any of you know.
  • Quote: Congratulations Keep it up!!
    THANKS!!! For you hair youtube organic cocunut oil and see if you would like to try that to get your hair to grow back nice and thick .. also there are a lot of homemade remedies (eggs, mayo. avocado, etc) You will do fine in maintenance!
  • Quote: I started in 24s and tight 22s. It took a VERY long time (it seemed) to switch sizes. And people didn't really notice my weight loss until I'd lost well over 50. But I realized I was still in the morbidly obese range so all most people still saw was a fat girl, even tho I KNEW there was a thinner one working on coming out!
    I'm not sure I'll ever be "thin". I just have the curvy body type that doesn't want to be that thin. Even when I was younger & "felt fat" (but wasn't) I was never "thin"

Woo Hoo
    Welcome to onderland.
    You never ever have to have a weight that starts with a 2 EVER again!

Many folks talk about "cheat days" in maintenance. How can it be cheating if you're supposed to do it? I will re-frame to "fun" day or "planned unplanned day"

In my mind, a "cheat" is a blatant disregard for the plan, which is very different than many of the deviations.

It depends on if you are following the P1 protocol sheet 100% to the letter or not.
    If you are, then no. It is not on the sheet.
    Some people add a little bit of it (like a tablespoon) without any ill effects.
    I do not b/c it is soy, which from my reading I believe just isn't good for people.

I got colder and colder til I finally went to the doc. He checked my thyroid functioning and it was low. IP can cause that in some people. Most people recover from it over the course of a month or 2. I did not. If you stay cold, check with your doc.

The other thing is that right now your body is still re-acclimating after surgery. That takes a while, as well.
    I'm sitting at my desk with 2 sweaters, drinking hot tea, and with an extra pair of socks (avoiding the space heater for now but it'll be coming out soon if they don't turn off this doggone AC!)
    YES! ur comment made me teary eyed a little thanks!
  • Quote: Congrats to everyone on their accomplishments!!

I'm now 20lb from my original goal. I only plan on staying on phase 1 for 2 more weeks. After phasing out by the end of November, I will start personal training sessions 3x/week. I hope to continue to post & watch my ticker continue to go down!
    I'm extremely happy this morning due to the fact that I can get into my size 8's!! They aren't quite comfortable (or flattering) just yet, but I strongly feel by the end of this month, they'll fit just fine!
    Thanks to everyone for the continuous support and motivation!! You all ROCK!
    Congratulations on the size 8!!
  • thanks Lisa & Schenectady! I've made it through another hour. The worst part? I'm the one who brought them in for someone's birthday. I'm usually fine with it and make it through the day easily, but for some reason I really wanted one! I'm now picturing termites, so that seems to be a great trick!!!!
  • Quote: THANKS!!! For you hair youtube organic cocunut oil and see if you would like to try that to get your hair to grow back nice and thick .. also there are a lot of homemade remedies (eggs, mayo. avocado, etc) You will do fine in maintenance!
    I will thank you for the heads up
  • I set my own goal with the help of my coach. I am 5' even and I started at 207 and a size 16. When we weighed me on the special scale we found (which I wasn't surprised) that I had a very high muscle mass (110 lbs) so with tissue and organs and all that jazz we came up with 130- even though for my height that is considered the very high end of healthy BMI (132 is overweight for my height). I would have to drop muscle to really get less than that. So we discussed it at length and came up with 130!

Quote: Does anyone know how IP officially talks about how they set your goal weight?

I forgot to ask my coach last week and I've been wondering about it since we all seem to vary so much with goal weights - even people who are the same height.

Most weight loss plans in the past have given me a number I thought was far to low to be maintainable and not miserable. But my IP goal is very close to the weight I maintained for a good 8 years or so (as an adult).

• Quote: Does anyone know how IP officially talks about how they set your goal weight?

My coach didn't really address it with me. She asked what my goal was, and I told her 160 - mainly because I have never in my adult life been at 140-145, which is what is considered a healthy weight for my height - and I just didn't think it was realistic for me to achieve. So she agreed that we'd say 160 for now and see how I was feeling as I get closer to that.

But now that I've been on IP for 5 weeks and see how it's working for me, and my dedication to this - I revised my goal on my own to 145. I know I can do this. I do want to talk to my coach about it though.
  • Just a quick drop in to say - I'm down 2.8lbs this week - woohoo!!! Which means I made the 25lbs for Halloween goal a couple of weeks ahead of time, yay!

And - even more important - I am halfway to my goal I can't believe the 180's are in sight...never in a million years expected to say that any time soon.

Jo
  • Hello everyone! Today the office ordered Jimmy John's. I usually get a veggie unwich, no cheese, mayo or avocado. My sandwich arrived loaded with mayo and cheese! If perchance I ate the cheese and mayo (okay I did) should I forego something to make up for some of the bad things, or just keep on? I'm not advocating cheating because I'm not smarter than this diet but am wondering how to handle a variation from the plan.
  • Quote: It depends on if you are following the P1 protocol sheet 100% to the letter or not.
    If you are, then no. It is not on the sheet.
    Some people add a little bit of it (like a tablespoon) without any ill effects.
    I do not b/c it is soy, which from my reading I believe just isn't good for people.
    Lisa, is there a previous thread where you posted about soy not being good for people? I would like to look into it. I am not suffering from thyroid issues but would love to read up on it. My family grows soybeans at our family farm and have never heard bad things so i'm interested!
  • I posted a thread about this but thought I'd get an answer here faster. Is rotisserie chicken with the skin taken off allowed in phase 1? Thanks!
  • Quote:
    So today is my last day in phase 3 and I am excited but scared to start maintenance. I can't believe I finally made it through the long process, now if my hair would only grow back faster then I would be thrilled!!
    Try Biotin...just make sure there is no sugar listed in the ingredients. I have been taking it for about 5 months and boy does it work! My daughter is envious of my hair growing so quickly. Make sure you take it daily and it takes about 3 months to really see results, but when you do...WOW!
  • Back from WI...down 7.2 pounds this week. I was hoping for 10, but still...7.2 is more than one pound per day. Hoping this will continue and I will be at goal before I know it!