Documentary suggestions on food/nutrition

• I'm babysitting my parents cat at the moment and have been watching a lot of really good and informative documentaries on Netflix. Perhaps you've seen them or heard of them. Feel free to add your own to the mix.

Hungry for Change
    , 2012, NR, 1hr29 - This documentary exposes shocking secrets the diet, weight loss and food industries use to keep consumers coming back for more.

Farmageddon
    , 2011, NR, 1h 25m - This provocative documentary tells the story of farms that were providing safe, healthy foods to their communities but were forced to stop.

Vegetated
    , 2010, NR, 1h16min - This documentary follows three meat and cheese loving New Yorkers who agree to adopt a vegan diet for six weeks in an effort to get healthier

Food Matters
    , 2008, NR, 1h 17m - This film takes a timely and hard-hitting look at how the food we eat is helping or hurting our health, and what we can do to live (and eat) better.

Food, Inc
    . 2008, PH, 1hr 34m - Director Robert Kenner's provocative oscar-nominated documentary looks at the food industry's harmful effects on human health and the environment.

Super Size Me
    , 2004, PG, 1h40min - Director Morgan Spurlock takes a hilarious and often terrifying look at the effects of fast food on the human body, using himself as a guinea pig.

Feel free to add any other documentaries or youtube videos on nutrition or anything health related.
  • some of these are on Netflix I think. They are an eye opener!
  • Fat, sick, and Nearly Dead

It's about juicing mostly but really talks about what food choices do to our bodies -- not just the weight.
  • oooh! thank you! I am always looking for my next Netflix binge. This will keep me busy - a lot of great titles.