Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2013, 08:28 AM   #61  
Renee~ Started IP Aug. 25

S/C/G: 186/136.4/125

Height: 5'4"

Good morning, all!

I really should NOT be up this early...ugh! Oh well.

After a nice visit with out-of-town friends (OP the whole time! ), I had WI 7 today-down to 160 on the dot! Yay! Was hoping to break into the 150's today, but that just gives me something to strive for next Sunday.

Now for a day of football (Go, Ravens!) and school work. Happy Sunday!
Old 10-13-2013, 08:57 AM   #62  
Taking it day by day!

S/C/G: 185/176/145

Height: 5'5"

YAY REENHAG! That's so awesome lady; congrats to you ~ WTG! You are losing at a much faster speed then me, besides being younger, what's your trick? Lol! Happy 4 U and hoping your team wins!
Old 10-13-2013, 08:58 AM   #63  

S/C/G: 156/124/125

Happy Sunday !!! Off to Newport RI for a saloon stroll with friends this afternoon, it will be tough to stay OP but going to do my best! Right now off to iron and fold clothes, gag, the Sunday morning chores for me every week!

Congrats to all the scale movers and the NSV's.
Old 10-13-2013, 09:00 AM   #64  

S/C/G: 233/233/130

Good Sunday Morning everyone

I hope to stay OP as much as possible today and this week Yesterday I was grinding my sea salt onto my veggies in the pan and the grinder snapped off and ALL the salt ended up on my poor veggies I tried to salvage them but good grief it was awful I need a new grinder of salt today!

Congrats to the NSV/Losses and baggy saggy clothes!

Last edited by sarahBell; 10-13-2013 at 09:05 AM.
Old 10-13-2013, 09:02 AM   #65  
Taking it day by day!

S/C/G: 185/176/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LittleStar View Post
Thanks for saying I'm creative and talented, Kare. That's so nice.

I was really disappointed too! I almost never throw out IP food, I'm usually licking the bottom of packages not to waste anything! So you know it had to be bad...

I'm not giving up on the lime (or lemon) yet. I saw a recipe with the pancake mix (which I will have to buy next week) that looks interesting too. But my previous experience with trying to make a crepe was that it's quite challenging, is we will have to see!
LittleStar - glad to hear you are going to take another stab at it next week. I'll be curious to stay tuned with your blog : )

IP food is too $ to toss so I'm sure you tried your best but it just wasn't worth it. You'll get there; I can tell by your creativity and passion of cooking (according to your blog) that you are determined. Love all the reviews; you've got a knack for writing too.
Old 10-13-2013, 09:36 AM   #66  

S/C/G: 233/signature/150

Well I lived through the shrimp festival, and didn't let food control how much fun I had, had a great time. The only thing I ate was boiled shrimp and salad!!! That was major accomplishment because there was all types of yummy non OP foods.
Old 10-13-2013, 09:38 AM   #67  
Started IP May 17, 2013

S/C/G: 287/179/150

Height: 5'7.5"

Popping in to say hello! It is Thanksgiving weekend and I am visiting my brother's family.

This is is my second 'big' trip away from home while on IP. I am using a modified version of my first 'Rainbow Smiles Ideal Protein Road Kit' (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...l-kit-bag.html) I picked up a really nice diaper bag at Walmart and find that the extra room with all the little compartments are really ideal for helping me keep organized.

Going out to purchase some carbonated spring water today and then I'll be set for navigating the big meal!

So much to be grateful for. Carrying all of you with me in spirit as we are moving towards better health!

Annik
Old 10-13-2013, 09:51 AM   #68  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonolady View Post
Happy Sunday !!! Off to Newport RI for a saloon stroll with friends this afternoon, it will be tough to stay OP but going to do my best! Right now off to iron and fold clothes, gag, the Sunday morning chores for me every week!

You are going to look charming with your smaller self...

"struttin" her stuff on the stroll!

Stay strong...'cause, you are!
Old 10-13-2013, 10:09 AM   #69  
Started IP May 17, 2013

S/C/G: 287/179/150

Height: 5'7.5"

ps. Last week I asked my clinic whether we could get the ip videos. I thought I might have to pay extra. But they are free to the clinic from the IP company (used to have to pay) and so I was immediately signed on.

For newbies, Ask for this service if you are not getting it. One of the first videos explains the principles behind ketosis -- the physiological state that is created in the body when one carefully follows the Ideal Protein guidelines. I happened to see another video about ketosis before starting out on this programme and I am glad I did. Understanding it's dynamics and what it takes to get into it (and fallout of it) have been one of the keys to success on the programme. Once you understand ketosis, you come to treasure it like a precious gift.

Annik
Old 10-13-2013, 10:11 AM   #70  

S/C/G: 179/152.4/135

Good morning, peeps! Back home from a week long business trip. It feels so nice to sleep in my own bed. WI #3 this morning and down another 3.7 pounds! I've made it to the 160's and I'm really proud. Total loss after three weeks: 11.6 pounds.

Both my mom and mother in law are coming to visit this week. I'm busy getting my house ready and will do a big grocery shop.

Have a great weekend everyone!
Old 10-13-2013, 10:39 AM   #71  
Started IP 5/13/13

S/C/G: 185/128/135

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonolady View Post

You can do this! Enjoy the company of your friends today. I hope the weather is nice on the East coast. Looks like we may get some sunshine in the northern plains today.
Old 10-13-2013, 10:48 AM   #72  
Started IP 03/06/2013

S/C/G: 198.8/145/145

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annik View Post
Popping in to say hello! It is Thanksgiving weekend and I am visiting my brother's family.

This is is my second 'big' trip away from home while on IP. I am using a modified version of my first 'Rainbow Smiles Ideal Protein Road Kit' (http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...l-kit-bag.html) I picked up a really nice diaper bag at Walmart and find that the extra room with all the little compartments are really ideal for helping me keep organized.

Going out to purchase some carbonated spring water today and then I'll be set for navigating the big meal!

So much to be grateful for. Carrying all of you with me in spirit as we are moving towards better health!

Annik
I just packed up my insulated lunch bag for Thanksgiving! We're going to my sil's for a mid-afternoon meal with the entire family. I'm looking forward to the turkey and have packed a snack to tide me over till 2pm, a blop of the RTD vanilla shake for coffee, my supplements, and a pudding just in case. Oh, and my beloved cauliflower. I feel pretty focused. And you're right....there is SO much to be grateful for.
Old 10-13-2013, 10:50 AM   #73  

Quote:
Originally Posted by dak1lls View Post
You can do this! Enjoy the company of your friends today. I hope the weather is nice on the East coast. Looks like we may get some sunshine in the northern plains today.
It's nice and sunny just north of you so here's hoping that rain is gone away!

Happy Sunday all! Just having some coffee before starting to plan what needs to go into the oven when. The 17lb turkey needs to go in around 11:30 and I think I'll cook the potatoes ahead of time then keep them warm in the crockpot. Oh and the cauli mash for me!

At least it's a nice day so everyone can head out onto the deck if they want and enjoy the sunshine.

Have a great IP day!

Jo
Old 10-13-2013, 10:58 AM   #74  
Started IP 5/13/13

S/C/G: 185/128/135

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleMomster View Post
It's nice and sunny just north of you so here's hoping that rain is gone away!

Happy Sunday all! Just having some coffee before starting to plan what needs to go into the oven when. The 17lb turkey needs to go in around 11:30 and I think I'll cook the potatoes ahead of time then keep them warm in the crockpot. Oh and the cauli mash for me!

At least it's a nice day so everyone can head out onto the deck if they want and enjoy the sunshine.

Have a great IP day!

Jo
I love the smell of turkey baking! Happy Thanksgiving to you and all our Canadian chicks! This includes the men.
Old 10-13-2013, 11:29 AM   #75  

S/C/G: 156/124/125

65x65 and dak1lls Thank you, I am liking the size 6 jeans...... bought one pair at Macys on sale and then a couple others just like them on ebay! New with tags, for $20with free shipping! Gotta love ebay! I paid twice that at Macys. Its windy, chilly only about 60 but feels like 50, no sun
But one of the couples bought a house 1/2 mile from Thames St, the waterfront, so we will get alot of walking in today.

I've got chicken chow mein on the stove for DH and I'm having some home made veggie soup with sytrax unflavored protein powder in it, mmmmmmmm its better than the protidiet minestrone. Thank you Lisa for that cooking tip!! Love the support and ideas here!
Closed Thread