Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2013, 05:36 PM   #61  
Started IP 5/13/13

S/C/G: 185/128/135

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelissaKate73 View Post
Can I ask you how you make a lettuce wrap? Is it as simple as it sounds...just wrapping some lettuce around the food? Can you tell I'm not real kitchen savvy? lol
It is as simple as using a lettuce leaf in place of a tortilla. I do this a lot for tacos. The hardest part is getting the leaves of lettuce off the head without tearing them. I found a really easy way to do this. I take out the core and the outer icky leaves. Then I hold the head under the faucet in the kitchen sink. I let the water start to run under the outermost leaf until the weight of the water peels the leaf away and it drops from the head. I do this over a colander. Voila! It goes very quickly and it always works for me. You can do chicken salad as wraps, shredded meats ( I do my pulled pork or have made sloppy joes this way). Hope you like it.

Last edited by dak1lls; 10-10-2013 at 05:38 PM.
Old 10-10-2013, 05:43 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 325/312/190

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by tawanda View Post
Yes I have made both and they tasted awesome. I so appreciate all the hard work Rainbow did to share with us.
Yes, Rainbow's recipes are awesome! Her contribution is awesome, I have tried many of her recipes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelissaKate73 View Post
Just read your recipe, thanks! Off to try making my own mayo, because that WF "amazin" mayo is "amazin"ly nasty! Do you think this recipe would work with salmon instead of crab? I love salmon croquettes, and they really look like your crab cakes.
You're welcome! None of the recipes are mine, just trying them out and letting everyone know how they go!

I would think that it would be great with salmon. Just try whatever herbs you think would work well. Let me know how it goes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dak1lls View Post
I have never made the crab cakes but I make this mayo all the time. I actually will add diced dill pickles to it and use it as a sauce on my blackened tilapia. I also made egg salad for lunch with it and ate it in lettuce wraps. I use it every way I would use mayo. Sometimes it turns out quite thick and will get thicker in the fridge. Other times it seems to just stay runny. I haven't hit on what I am doing differently each time.
Yum! The mayo with dill pickles on the blackened tilapia sounds great! Interesting how the mayo works sometimes but not others. My mom used to make homemade mayo, and it always seemed like an art! I think I might try an immersion blender next time, so I can stream the oil in instead of adding one tbsp at a time. Good to know that it also thickens in the fridge.
Old 10-10-2013, 06:18 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 233/233/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breakofday71 View Post
I am so sorry that things are not going well for your family atm. I can totally empathize with having a "kraptastic" week as my mom is in the ICU with suspected lung cancer.

Best thoughts and wishes are going out to you and your family. Do your best to stay true to yourself and to your diet program. I have found that it has helped me immensely because I don't have the stress of trying to figure out what to eat, i just have been eating on phase 1 (not my phase 3 as I should be) at least when I remember to eat.
Oh sweetie I am so sorry abt your momma!!! My prayers are with you and your family too!!! Dad got a quote from a Lic. Contractor to show the insurance company just what it would take to rebuild a home that the load bearing walls have been MOVED and are ready to collapse!

ARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!
Old 10-10-2013, 06:28 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 156/124/125

Hello everyone! My weekend starts tonight, working the holiday. I took advantage of Cold Water Creek big sale online last night. Looking forward to new winter clothes and some island vacation clothes. wooo hooo great prices!

Congrats to the scale movers in the right direction!

Dak1lls, I do egg salad mixed with the WF chipotle mayo, mustard and dill pickle relish, I scoop it with celery sticks mmmm dinner last night infact.
Old 10-10-2013, 06:33 PM   #65  
Started IP 5/13/13

S/C/G: 185/128/135

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonolady View Post
Hello everyone! My weekend starts tonight, working the holiday. I took advantage of Cold Water Creek big sale online last night. Looking forward to new winter clothes and some island vacation clothes. wooo hooo great prices!

Congrats to the scale movers in the right direction!

Dak1lls, I do egg salad mixed with the WF chipotle mayo, mustard and dill pickle relish, I scoop it with celery sticks mmmm dinner last night infact.
Oh yum...that sounds good. I will have to add some chipotle to mine and the celery sticks sounds tasty!
Old 10-10-2013, 08:05 PM   #66  
sugar is the devil

nolasmurf Any update on your coach breakup?! How did it go??
Old 10-10-2013, 08:52 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 157/119.8/125 r/b 136/136/125

Height: 5'2"

An interesting week. I felt hungrier than usual on Tuesday & Wednesday, but today I was not hungry between meals. I've been on IP for 2 months & looked back at the past week's food diary to see if I had screwed up...nothing to explain the difference. Whatever it was; it seems to be over. WI yesterday was great. 2.6 pounds lost & only 3 to my official goal, but 8 to my extended goal. DH is doing alternatives as of this past weekend..he got a bit jealous I think
Old 10-10-2013, 09:18 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 282/166/170

Height: 5.6

Happy Thursday fellow IPer's! Congratulations on your loses!
Today was my WI and down 4lbs! I really get a lot of support and advice from the sight and just wanted to say thank you.
Old 10-10-2013, 09:21 PM   #69  

S/C/G: 233/233/130

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny38 View Post
Today was my WI and down 4lbs! I really get a lot of support and advice from the sight and just wanted to say thank you.
Congrats on the loss that is so wonderful!!!
Old 10-10-2013, 09:22 PM   #70  

I am attempting pumpkin tarts for Canadian Thanksgiving
have any of you successfully made pumpkin pie IP style? Just trying to perfect my recipe and looking for tips

Last edited by jordanna; 10-10-2013 at 09:44 PM.
Old 10-10-2013, 09:49 PM   #71  

S/C/G: 295/251.5/240

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny38 View Post
Great job!
Old 10-10-2013, 10:00 PM   #72  

S/C/G: 249.4/180/WhenIFeelSexyNaked

Height: 5'eff all

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post

I am attempting pumpkin tarts for Canadian Thanksgiving
have any of you successfully made pumpkin pie IP style? Just trying to perfect my recipe and looking for tips
I found a recipie for a mini pumpkin pie with a meringue topping - put it on the recipie thread but havent tried it - think i will sub the vanilla pudding for butterscotch but the crust is the crepe - the crispy cereal one looks like it might work better!
how did those lil muffins taste? - they look good!
Happy Thanksgiving!

Last edited by saskgirl; 10-10-2013 at 10:01 PM.
Old 10-10-2013, 10:02 PM   #73  

Quote:
Originally Posted by saskgirl View Post
I found a recipie for a mini pumpkin pie with a meringue topping - put it on the recipie thread but havent tried it - think i will sub the vanilla pudding for butterscotch but the crust is the crepe - the crispy cereal one looks like it might work better!
how did those lil muffins taste? - they look good!
I tried one (it originally made 6 tarts) they were pretty good. The crust is on the drier side but the filling is nice and moist so it worked well together. I'm pretty happy with it all in all. I will have a look at the recipe thread and check out the one you posted...I might tweak my recipe a bit
Old 10-10-2013, 10:04 PM   #74  

S/C/G: 249.4/180/WhenIFeelSexyNaked

Height: 5'eff all

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
I tried one (it originally made 6 tarts) they were pretty good. The crust is on the drier side but the filling is nice and moist so it worked well together. I'm pretty happy with it all in all. I will have a look at the recipe thread and check out the one you posted...I might tweak my recipe a bit
lol and let me know the recipie for the crust and I will tweak mine!
Old 10-10-2013, 10:06 PM   #75  

Quote:
Originally Posted by saskgirl View Post
lol and let me know the recipie for the crust and I will tweak mine!
I have it up on my blog (link below) I'm on my ipad right now or I'd type out or copy & paste the recipe for you!
Closed Thread