3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Questions about Vitamins and Pills (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/288472-questions-about-vitamins-pills.html)

Shingen 10-09-2013 12:13 PM

Questions about Vitamins and Pills

My wife and I have been doing the diet for a little over a month now and just ran out of our vitamins. I was shocked when we went to go purchase another round to find that it cost us well over a hundred dollars.

I know of alternative IP foods but has anyone compiled a list of alternative IP vitamins and supplements? We are going to be on this diet for at least four more months and taking that kind of hit every few weeks is going to kill us.

Second question, is there anything out there that we should also look to be taking while dieting?

We have been taking the multi vita, the cal mag, omegas, enzymes, potassium... hope I'm not forgetting anything.

Thanks!

dak1lls 10-09-2013 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shingen (Post 4858585)
My wife and I have been doing the diet for a little over a month now and just ran out of our vitamins. I was shocked when we went to go purchase another round to find that it cost us well over a hundred dollars.

I know of alternative IP foods but has anyone compiled a list of alternative IP vitamins and supplements? We are going to be on this diet for at least four more months and taking that kind of hit every few weeks is going to kill us.

Second question, is there anything out there that we should also look to be taking while dieting?

We have been taking the multi vita, the cal mag, omegas, enzymes, potassium... hope I'm not forgetting anything.

Thanks!

Since switching to alternatives I have ordered my supplements from swansonvitamins.com. I order the following:

LifeTime Cal-Mag-Zinc Softgels with Vitamin D (180 Softgels) 1 per day
Swanson EFAs MultiOmega 3-6-9 (Flax, Borage, Fish) 240 Softgels 3 per day
Rainbow Light Women's One Multivitamin 2 per day
Swanson Ultra Potassium Citrate 120 capsules 1 per day

In addition I take Swanson Highest Potency D-3 5000IU 1 per day, and Biotin (Spring Valley brand I buy at Walmart) 1000mcg 3 per day.

jmanovich 10-09-2013 01:13 PM

I have also researched alternatives for the vitamins. I work in pharmacy and one evening when it was slow I did all the comparisons! I think this will only be relevant to Canadians though- brand wise anyway!

Jamieson Super VitaVim- the closest vitamin to IP that I have seen, and you only need 1 a day!
Jamieson Cal-Mag with Zinc - 2 per day instead of 4
Jamieson Potassium- 50mg - 2 a day would equal IP's- but I just take 1.

I haven't looked into the enzymes and omegas...but I am sure any omega 3 product you would find in a community pharmacy would suffice. Just look at the DHA and EPA mg and compare to IP's.

Shingen 10-10-2013 12:08 PM

Thanks for the replies! Very helpful.