3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Home of the 90% (Occasional Slip-up Zone) Volume 1 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/288424-home-90%25-occasional-slip-up-zone-volume-1-a.html)

DJ72 10-09-2013 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AliExpat (Post 4858691)
Psssst....*whispering* update your ticker to reflect your 5lb loss...

Heehee. You noticed. Lol. I will do it on my laptop tonight. Easier than on the iPhone
So I am making crockpot beef and broccoli tonight... Tweaked the recipe to make it IP friendly. So..... Sesame oil. HOLY COW! I have never cooked with it before. Smells amazing. Researched it and it is pretty much same nutrient/. Calorie wise as grape seed oil so used it on my salad too instead of grape seed.
AMAZING! I am in love
Today is my day for new things!
Please don't burst my bubble... I know it is not on the sheet! Hey... That is why I am a 90% B Teamer!
The health benefits of it are cool too.

ktgrrl 10-09-2013 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ72 (Post 4858777)
Heehee. You noticed. Lol. I will do it on my laptop tonight. Easier than on the iPhone
So I am making crockpot beef and broccoli tonight... Tweaked the recipe to make it IP friendly. So..... Sesame oil. HOLY COW! I have never cooked with it before. Smells amazing. Researched it and it is pretty much same nutrient/. Calorie wise as grape seed oil so used it on my salad too instead of grape seed.
AMAZING! I am in love
Please don't burst my bubble... I know it is not on the sheet! Hey... That is why I am a 90% B Teamer!

Sounds yummy!! I hope you'll share the recipe link. I'm always looking for new things for us to try!

kaplods 10-09-2013 04:02 PM

I really think I have to STOP reading the 100% thread. I know better than to post of course, but I thought I would find some inspiration by lurking. After all, I am aspiring to 100% of TSD compliance and perhaps even eventually 100% IP protocol through Alternatives). I see TSD as my "IP training wheels."

Instead I feel kicked in the gut. On one hand, I "get" the 100%ers perspective, but it also feels like there's absolutely no room anywhere for me.

The Simple Diet and HMR plans are closest to "my" plan, but those threads are small and less active than I'd like. I'm hoping to help change that, but that's going to take time. The threads and subforums of other packaged food plans are either less like mine or just as small and slow. And many are just as shunning of anything less than 100% (whether the imperfection is by accident or design).

If The Simple Diet had a subforum as large and as active as IP, I would be there, but then again it would still probably have to be a 90%er thread.

If I could consistently manage 100%, I would. It just hurts to feel that your best is never good enough especially for people you do or would like to admire.

I have to remind myself (today especially, because I've got killer PMS moodswings going on) that my job is losing weight and getting healthy, not impressing anyone with my dazzling perfection.

I also have to remind that on the internet (just like every where else) often people avoid revealing their imperfections (in justified fear of condemnation), and some will condemn others for admitting in public, what they are doing in secret.

I just REALLY, REALLY, REALLY need you guys today! So far, I've been 100% on plan so far and I want to keep it that way.

DJ72 10-09-2013 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaplods (Post 4858800)
I really think I have to STOP reading the 100% thread. I know better than to post of course, but I thought I would find some inspiration by lurking. After all, I am aspiring to 100% of TSD compliance and perhaps even eventually 100% IP protocol through Alternatives). I see TSD as my "IP training wheels."

Instead I feel kicked in the gut. On one hand, I "get" the 100%ers perspective, but it also feels like there's absolutely no room anywhere for me.

The Simple Diet and HMR plans are closest to "my" plan, but those threads are small and less active than I'd like. I'm hoping to help change that, but that's going to take time. The threads and subforums of other packaged food plans are either less like mine or just as small and slow. And many are just as shunning of anything less than 100% (whether the imperfection is by accident or design).

If The Simple Diet had a subforum as large and as active as IP, I would be there, but then again it would still probably have to be a 90%er thread.

If I could consistently manage 100%, I would. It just hurts to feel that your best is never good enough especially for people you do or would like to admire.

I have to remind myself (today especially, because I've got killer PMS moodswings going on) that my job is losing weight and getting healthy, not impressing anyone with my dazzling perfection.

I also have to remind that on the internet (just like every where else) often people avoid revealing their imperfections (in justified fear of condemnation), and some will condemn others for admitting in public, what they are doing in secret.

I just REALLY, REALLY, REALLY need you guys today! So far, I've been 100% on plan so far and I want to keep it that way.

STAY HERE WITH US!!!! We need you too! You are a wealth of information and love hearing your other than IP ideas. There is a home for people like us! RIGHT HERE!

ktgrrl 10-09-2013 04:14 PM

Quote:

The Simple Diet and HMR plans are closest to "my" plan, but those threads are small and less active than I'd like. I'm hoping to help change that, but that's going to take time. The threads and subforums of other packaged food plans are either less like mine or just as small and slow. And many are just as shunning of anything less than 100% (either by accident or design).

:hug: Please know that you are welcome here, and I think we all get it! You are amazing!! Trying your best is the best you can do some days. And if you're 100% today, that's frickin awesome!! And I, personally, will be looking into TSD, because it sounds interesting. It might not work for me, but I'm always open to learning new stuff.

Off to Amazon to purchase TSD book. :cool:

kaplods 10-09-2013 04:36 PM

I love this thread and I'm so grateful that you've accepted me into the group. I do feel as though I "belong" here (at least as much as I belong anywhere) but reading the 100%er posts today just made me realize how tenuous a sense of belonging can feel.

As low as I felt after reading the 100%er thread, I can only imagine how horrible I would have felt if this thread had not been created (Unfortunately, I have a very vivid imagination and imagining how I would have felt, felt bad enough in it's own right).

This thread is really something unique and special.

kcandponies 10-09-2013 04:40 PM

Quote:

Your best is just that, and don't worry what other people do. This is NOT a performance, we are NOT your audience, coach, measuring stick. We are all here for support, to vent, andto help each other. :)
I think of this group as the 90% (judgement free zone)

Skeeterab 10-09-2013 04:45 PM

100% so far today ;)

Hi Kaplods,

I think that it would be great if we could visit both threads. I, like you, am 100%, at least so far today ;) I think that there are some wise, giving and helpful people in the 100% thread and it would be sad if we missed out on their insights because of a few negative, irritating and intolerant people on that board. On the other hand, it is really nice to have a 90% thread where we can admit our missteps without feeling like we will incur the wrath of the masses or endless painfully patronizing posts.

Anita

Meeshellee 10-09-2013 04:47 PM

Quote:

Love this!!!

AliExpat 10-09-2013 04:55 PM

Chin Up Buttercup!!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaplods (Post 4858821)
I love this thread and I'm so grateful that you've accepted me into the group. I do feel as though I "belong" here (at least as much as I belong anywhere) but reading the 100%er posts today just made me realize how tenuous a sense of belonging can feel.

As low as I felt after reading the 100%er thread, I can only imagine how horrible I would have felt if this thread had not been created (Unfortunately, I have a very vivid imagination and imagining how I would have felt, felt bad enough in it's own right).

This thread is really something unique and special.

Don't feel low, cheer up!!! You are still working your plan, and you have your IP coach in real life as well (hopefully you have a good coach). We are here to support and not judge. We don't have to answer to anyone or explain a glass of wine to anyone. You can always start new threads to ask questions or even post in the daily chat thread. Don't you worry, kaplods...we will all be alright!!!

AliExpat 10-09-2013 04:57 PM

Quote:

AMAZING! I am in love

Oh Sesame Oil!!! I make a mean stir fry with Sesame oil, but I haven't used it since I've been on IP (is it 0/0/0)? Hmmm, beef and broccoli, yummy!!

AliExpat 10-09-2013 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcandponies (Post 4858822)
Your best is just that, and don't worry what other people do. This is NOT a performance, we are NOT your audience, coach, measuring stick. We are all here for support, to vent, andto help each other. :)
I think of this group as the 90% (judgement free zone)

If there was a "LIKE" button I would "LIKE" this, lol.

smoothysmom 10-09-2013 04:59 PM

This thread is my new home! Like many of you, I have intentions of being 100% and really try to comply, yet I have had oops moments along the way. I was given the impression elsewhere that that was horrible (and, by implication) that I was a horrible IP participant because I screwed up. I'm pretty healthy in my head, but that hurt! and was terribly discouraging!!

Maybe part of the mentality that we need is similar to the difference in attitudes between me and my friend, who is also on IP. She cheats and just laughs it off because "I've cheated on every other diet too and still lose weight". For me, that attitude isn't going to cut it. If I go off plan, two things happen - I feel bad about it and I want to immediately get back on track.

Cheating isn't something I condone - I KNOW it's a slippery slope - but, if I do have an oops, I do the best I can in the situation and then I forgive myself and move on.

I've lost 45+ lbs since May 1st on IP but had not lost one single pound (literally, not even one) on any other diet I've tried in the past 12 years. IP works for me.

kaplods 10-09-2013 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AliExpat (Post 4858835)
Don't feel low, cheer up!!! You are still working your plan, and you have your IP coach in real life as well (hopefully you have a good coach). We are here to support and not judge. We don't have to answer to anyone or explain a glass of wine to anyone. You can always start new threads to ask questions or even post in the daily chat thread. Don't you worry, kaplods...we will all be alright!!!

I'm actually on "The Simple Diet" (the DIY, gocery-store, sort-of-kind-of-not-really like IP plan), so no "formal" coach, but I do have a strong nutrition knowledge base and a good support network online and off.

You're right though, we will all be alright.

AliExpat 10-09-2013 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaplods (Post 4858860)
I'm actually on "The Simple Diet" (the DIY, gocery-store, sort-of-kind-of-not-really like IP plan), so no "formal" coach, but I do have a strong nutrition knowledge base and a good support network online and off.

You're right though, we will all be alright.

*D'OH* Oh yeah...I forgot, lol.