Old 10-23-2013, 01:55 AM   #436  

I did something scandalous today! I BAKED real goodies for Christmas. French macarons to be exact and I didn't eat ANY of them! I had a lunch meeting where they catered in the food and still stayed on plan (though I did add 1 tsp. of the real salad dressing to water then poured the thin mixture over my salad). Lots of "triggers" around me today but I still had a 98% day.
bindersbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 09:56 AM   #437  

S/C/G: 301/290/180

Height: 5'10

Good Morning Lovelies!!!

Off to another great start this AM! Trying to take this dreary day and brighten it up. Hope everyone has a great day!!

BTW, am I the only one slightly fascinated with my belly getting a bit wobbly from weight loss? I'm hoping the skin sort of tightens up soon, but it's soo wobbly! I love it!! (Hello, I'm weird.)
ktgrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 09:58 AM   #438  

S/C/G: 233/233/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bindersbee View Post
I did something scandalous today! I BAKED real goodies for Christmas. French macarons to be exact and I didn't eat ANY of them! I had a lunch meeting where they catered in the food and still stayed on plan (though I did add 1 tsp. of the real salad dressing to water then poured the thin mixture over my salad). Lots of "triggers" around me today but I still had a 98% day.
Oh you evil person!!! HOw delicious!! BUT YAY for not tasting whoo hooo!
sarahBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 11:02 AM   #439  

S/C/G: 242/231/135

Height: 5'5.5"

I'm excited for this thread! Starting week 5 and I've had a couple of indulgences. Planned indulgences - drinks and burger (and roll!) with my husband and it was fabulous!
But it also took a little bit more willpower to re-start. I could see the edge of that slippery slope!
So while I really need to focus on 100 when I need a 90 I know I'm not alone.
Mimi
HawkHat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 12:02 PM   #440  
Gaining by Loosing

S/C/G: 202/201/160

Height: 5'4

I am in my 7th week of IP and am not loosing BECAUSE i'm not staying on program … even though I mostly am … i'm 'cheating' here and there
I think it's got something to do with 'self sabotoge' … feeling great by loosing 20 lbs and then loosing my momentum.
Last night we went out for dinner for the first time since i've started this program, I did not want to go but the friends who asked us to join them … that's what they like to do. The gal said the restaurant they chose has lots of veggie dishes and plain food. I'm not sure what planet she was on but it was a TURKISH restaurant …. the only veggie they served with a salad drenched in pomegranate concentrate or grape leaves wrapped around rice !!! NO-ME-GOOOSTA'
I had not eaten all my meals during the day because I was saving myself some 'wiggle' room for being out for dinner … so was VERY HUNGRY …. suffice to say I gave myself permission to eat the best I could and relax …
When i got into bed last night I had that very familiar remorse one feels after a 'bad food' day … condemning myself for the choices i made and how today was going to be a better day ….
Old ways, old habits, I thought I was loosing them … but I have to say yesterday just felt like old times, and that's not a good feeling.

Today back on track … I want to remember how i felt last night so that I don't have to do that again … have to learn something from my mistakes.

We are going away for a month to Hawaii …. i've got all my IP food packed, I know we will play tennis every day and i'm taking my bike and i've got a 'Fitbit' to wear … so otta get my 10,000 steps in a day …

it feels better letting it all out … if I knew someone else or had a friend on IP i'd probably share it with her but these boards are my 'friend' so thanks ladies … for listening. xox
misslillyhansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 04:50 PM   #441  
IP start date: 2/8/2013

S/C/G: 230/207/160

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by misslillyhansen View Post
I am in my 7th week of IP and am not loosing BECAUSE i'm not staying on program … even though I mostly am … i'm 'cheating' here and there
I think it's got something to do with 'self sabotoge' … feeling great by loosing 20 lbs and then loosing my momentum.
Last night we went out for dinner for the first time since i've started this program, I did not want to go but the friends who asked us to join them … that's what they like to do. The gal said the restaurant they chose has lots of veggie dishes and plain food. I'm not sure what planet she was on but it was a TURKISH restaurant …. the only veggie they served with a salad drenched in pomegranate concentrate or grape leaves wrapped around rice !!! NO-ME-GOOOSTA'
I had not eaten all my meals during the day because I was saving myself some 'wiggle' room for being out for dinner … so was VERY HUNGRY …. suffice to say I gave myself permission to eat the best I could and relax …
When i got into bed last night I had that very familiar remorse one feels after a 'bad food' day … condemning myself for the choices i made and how today was going to be a better day ….
Old ways, old habits, I thought I was loosing them … but I have to say yesterday just felt like old times, and that's not a good feeling.

Today back on track … I want to remember how i felt last night so that I don't have to do that again … have to learn something from my mistakes.

We are going away for a month to Hawaii …. i've got all my IP food packed, I know we will play tennis every day and i'm taking my bike and i've got a 'Fitbit' to wear … so otta get my 10,000 steps in a day …

it feels better letting it all out … if I knew someone else or had a friend on IP i'd probably share it with her but these boards are my 'friend' so thanks ladies … for listening. xox
Just wanted to say how JEALOUS I am of you. Hawaii for a month...you are one lucky gal! We went to Oahu last Feb...and it was the most beautiful place on earth. Enjoy yourself! You can stay OP...you can do it! You will feel so much better while there if you stick to it.
jmanovich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 08:41 PM   #442  
Joined IP July 25, 2013

Height: 5'9"

So I had my weigh in today and found out I have to get a new coach because my original one isn't there anymore. My new coach wants to look at my diary. This makes me uncomfortable as I know I'm eating a few things not OP. Do any of my fellow 90%ers have coaches that want to look at your journals? My issue is that I've always been very accurate with my tracking in MFP and I don't want to fudge my journal for fear that I will be reprimanded by my coach. I've done so good with my progress.
Meeshellee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 09:30 PM   #443  
On plan since June 23/13

S/C/G: 197/153/150

Height: 5'3"

Hi all! I've had a great on plan day! Weigh in Friday! I want to hit my new goal soon! I'm comfortable in P1 again but I'm also looking forward to properly managing the rest of my life!

Isn't it great when people call you skinny???
Maxxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 09:39 PM   #444  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meeshellee View Post
So I had my weigh in today and found out I have to get a new coach because my original one isn't there anymore. My new coach wants to look at my diary. This makes me uncomfortable as I know I'm eating a few things not OP. Do any of my fellow 90%ers have coaches that want to look at your journals? My issue is that I've always been very accurate with my tracking in MFP and I don't want to fudge my journal for fear that I will be reprimanded by my coach. I've done so good with my progress.
So you could go either way - fudge your journal and keep going as you are and your coach will be none the wiser OR show her an accurate journal and she'll probably discuss with you protocol and you can keep going as you are anyway...

My thoughts - If you are happy with your progress a coach will keep taking your $ regardless of what else you put in your mouth, however when you hit a stall or your weight loss slows & you are honest with your actual intake they will have an accurate picture of what you eat and how to help you moving forward...if they are ill-informed they can't help you if and when something comes up.

My coach knows I use coconut oil instead of grape seed oil & that I use pure unsweetened almond milk in my morning shake instead of milk in coffee...so if I hit a stall she would be able to say to me - go a week without almond milk and lets see what happens etc...

Last edited by jordanna; 10-23-2013 at 10:08 PM.
jordanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 09:42 PM   #445  

S/C/G: 223/198/160

Height: 5'7

hello all, thought i would check in here because most of the people in the 100 % seem scary haha. I have been only on the program 3 weeks and have lost 16 lbs so far. I havnt gone OP yet but my best friend is moving across the country and having a huge going away bash at her house/a bar in a couple weeks. I know that everyone says to go out and be social without drinking which i have been doing but I know on that night I want to enjoy a couple of drinks with my friend for the last time, I'm 23 and young and want to be able to live a little even though i struggle with my weight!

Sorry for the novel just looking for some advice on how to handle this planned cheat. The 100%s have really scared me on here by reading if you go off once your weight loss will be permanently derailed.
kelseys928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 09:59 PM   #446  

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelseys928 View Post
hello all, thought i would check in here because most of the people in the 100 % seem scary haha. I have been only on the program 3 weeks and have lost 16 lbs so far. I havnt gone OP yet but my best friend is moving across the country and having a huge going away bash at her house/a bar in a couple weeks. I know that everyone says to go out and be social without drinking which i have been doing but I know on that night I want to enjoy a couple of drinks with my friend for the last time, I'm 23 and young and want to be able to live a little even though i struggle with my weight!

Sorry for the novel just looking for some advice on how to handle this planned cheat. The 100%s have really scared me on here by reading if you go off once your weight loss will be permanently derailed.
Here is my advice to you:

Going off program is hard, it's hard on your body and your mind (especially as you try to get back on program) For those reasons, I personally choose to forgo "planned cheats", it just isn't worth it for me. For some people a cheat, planned or not can derail their entire program and we never see them again, so be aware that yes this can happen. However, there are people who survive going off program or planned cheats etc and here are some tips for you if you make that choice:

1. plan your cheat wisely by setting parameters on it: are you going to have one drink? three? or drink your face off? What are you going to drink? Cocktails full of sugar or vodka and diet soda?
2. the timeline of your cheat: are you going out for one evening? are you cheating the entire day? or a week? Set the time line and stick to it or it becomes a slippery slope where an evening becomes a day and a day becomes a weekend etc.
3. live with the fact that you will likely derail yourself for a week because it will take you a few days to get back in to ketosis and then a few more days to lose the water weight you gained
4. hold yourself accountable to the parameters you set out for yourself and make sure you plan ahead

Last edited by jordanna; 10-23-2013 at 10:04 PM.
jordanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 10:41 PM   #447  

S/C/G: 223/198/160

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
Here is my advice to you:

Going off program is hard, it's hard on your body and your mind (especially as you try to get back on program) For those reasons, I personally choose to forgo "planned cheats", it just isn't worth it for me. For some people a cheat, planned or not can derail their entire program and we never see them again, so be aware that yes this can happen. However, there are people who survive going off program or planned cheats etc and here are some tips for you if you make that choice:

1. plan your cheat wisely by setting parameters on it: are you going to have one drink? three? or drink your face off? What are you going to drink? Cocktails full of sugar or vodka and diet soda?
2. the timeline of your cheat: are you going out for one evening? are you cheating the entire day? or a week? Set the time line and stick to it or it becomes a slippery slope where an evening becomes a day and a day becomes a weekend etc.
3. live with the fact that you will likely derail yourself for a week because it will take you a few days to get back in to ketosis and then a few more days to lose the water weight you gained
4. hold yourself accountable to the parameters you set out for yourself and make sure you plan ahead
thanks for the advice. I plan on staying OP the entire day and just drinking that night. I don't really like hard liquor I've always drank beer (maybe michelob ultra?) i know beer is the worst so maybe ill have to think of something else. i plan on going right back on plan the next day. I have will power realizing i will get to my goal this may just make it take a week or so longer so I'm not too worried about derailing but fingers crossed! still have a couple weeks until the party anyway
kelseys928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 11:15 PM   #448  
Joined IP July 25, 2013

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordanna View Post
So you could go either way - fudge your journal and keep going as you are and your coach will be none the wiser OR show her an accurate journal and she'll probably discuss with you protocol and you can keep going as you are anyway...

My thoughts - If you are happy with your progress a coach will keep taking your $ regardless of what else you put in your mouth, however when you hit a stall or your weight loss slows & you are honest with your actual intake they will have an accurate picture of what you eat and how to help you moving forward...if they are ill-informed they can't help you if and when something comes up.

My coach knows I use coconut oil instead of grape seed oil & that I use pure unsweetened almond milk in my morning shake instead of milk in coffee...so if I hit a stall she would be able to say to me - go a week without almond milk and lets see what happens etc...
Thank you for your input. I really appreciate it. One thing that threw me off about this new coach is that when I just mentioned that I don't always eat my veggies WITH my protein she gave me a schpeal about the importance of eating the proteins with the veggies. Also, when I said something about eating extra eggs when I work out she told me I really should be eating an extra IP packet on workout days, not an animal protein. So I feel like if she knew I have a premier protein shake for breakfast every morning, or a quest bar here and there, she will have an issue with that. Maybe I could just tell her I don't track my food and let her remind me of the importance of keeping the food journal.
Meeshellee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 01:12 AM   #449  
My own kind of beautiful

S/C/G: 334/245/175

Height: 5'5"

I was glancing through some of these posts... Is drinking more than 1 cup of coffee really a cheat? I thought I understood from my initial interview that coffee was ok, just as long as I drank enough water in exchange so it doesnt dehydrate me....
Anyone have any ideas?
Deana509 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 03:11 AM   #450  

S/C/G: 211/159/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meeshellee View Post
Thank you for your input. I really appreciate it. One thing that threw me off about this new coach is that when I just mentioned that I don't always eat my veggies WITH my protein she gave me a schpeal about the importance of eating the proteins with the veggies. Also, when I said something about eating extra eggs when I work out she told me I really should be eating an extra IP packet on workout days, not an animal protein. So I feel like if she knew I have a premier protein shake for breakfast every morning, or a quest bar here and there, she will have an issue with that. Maybe I could just tell her I don't track my food and let her remind me of the importance of keeping the food journal.
Have you lost all your weight on IP? To me this sounds like school. You are paying a hefty fee for the clinic and the food. If you are happy with your losses and you do not want to change anything, it is none of her business to demand a food journal. You are the customer and the one who wants to lose weight. I would tell her about the extras if you want to keep it honest. If she does not like it, I would ask for a different coach. You are not in purgatory. I think this is why I would have difficulty doing the IP coaching. I would probably have them nailed to the wall within two weeks. Coaching is about helping people reach their goals. There is no "one fits all" program.
Lolo70 is offline   Reply With Quote