Old 10-20-2013, 09:19 PM   #376  

S/C/G: 287.6/ticker!!/140

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmanovich View Post
UGH. I just have to get this out! I am so frustrated! I am stuck in such a RUT. Here's my problem:

a) I am finding it almost impossible to follow the plan 100%. I have small deviations each day for example: off plan prepackaged salad meals, creamer in my coffee, peas+carrots as my veggie, 35cal 0% MF yogurt cup...

b) I am not losing any weight. I have been hovering around 207-209 for days on end.

Yes, I know the 100%ers who read this will be like you fool you are answering your own question- of course you aren't losing because you are cheating! HOWEVER...I still feel like i am dieting! I am tracking in MFP and I am 1200-1400 cal a day, low carbs...fat is sometimes high. Like I am still under my BMR for the day- you would think I would still lose at least a bit every week!? I know in my heart what I need to do- get back on plan 100% no ifs ands or buts...but I just can't I always fall off the wagon everyday- make myself feel guilty and like a failure...and do it again the next day. it's a vicious cycle. I just don't know what to do. I want to lose weight more than anything...so why cant I just hunker down and do it? i did so well for 5 weeks...and now i've lost it all. Thankfully I haven't put back on any of the 20lbs i've lost but still. Not feelin too hot mentally these days. Advice anyone? Should I switch diets??? maybe try something other than ideal protein?! I think I am going to have to break up with my clinic anyway....they are starting to wonder why I am not buying the proper amounts of food...and I am sporadically weighing in.
I've been on IP for 18 months. I've experienced many different emotional states. I'm sorry for yoyr struggles but do not give up on yourself. Dieting is hard, being overweight is hard. You have to choose your hard. Stop the negative emotions of feeling like a failure, your allowed to make mistakes. It was weak moments, doesn't have to be your entire downfall. The all or nothing thinking is what gets us back to where we started. What are your options if you quit? Believe in yourself you can do this because your worth it.
Sonyasbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 09:25 PM   #377  

S/C/G: 233/233/130

Height: 5'4"

I am trying desperately NOT to eat my emotions in home made cinnamon rolls in this house! ARGH!
sarahBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 11:43 PM   #378  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Annik; now I am wondering where you live. I am surrounded by Ukrainians. Only people I know as addicted to wheat as much as I used to be. I am east of Edmonton.
patns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 11:50 PM   #379  
Gaining by Loosing

S/C/G: 202/201/160

Height: 5'4

I am LOVING what i'm reading here tonight
Such sage advise from women who've walked the walk i'm on … I have found that this thread, 90% makes so much sense to me, it gives me the opportunity to be real with myself and my program … although I have done very well staying on track, I am not 100% … and certainly don't stop by here to be reprimanded by anyone … I've got my own conscience, don't need anyone else's!

We support each other and offer help, it's awesome … thanks Gals for all that you bring and all that you leave behind here.
xoxo
misslillyhansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 11:57 PM   #380  
Started IP May 17, 2013

S/C/G: 287/179/150

Height: 5'7.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by patns View Post
Annik; now I am wondering where you live. I am surrounded by Ukrainians. Only people I know as addicted to wheat as much as I used to be. I am east of Edmonton.
I live in Western Manitoba...Ukrainian heartland just like east of Edmonton is!
Annik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 12:40 AM   #381  

S/C/G: 153/139/120

Height: 5.0

Good news everyone the scale moved once again for me after almost 4 weeks. I am down 1.5 pounds today. Yay! 2 lbs away from getting another carrot on my ticker
kdspirited is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 12:58 AM   #382  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annik View Post
I live in Western Manitoba...Ukrainian heartland just like east of Edmonton is!
That is right about the Heartland. Maybe if I could get into the dancing I could handle all the wheat too! I grew up in Nova Scotia so the food is quite different.
patns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 05:39 AM   #383  
Started IP May 17, 2013

S/C/G: 287/179/150

Height: 5'7.5"

Quote:
Quote:
That is right about the Heartland. Maybe if I could get into the dancing I could handle all the wheat too! I grew up in Nova Scotia so the food is quite different.
I never was one of the dancers... maybe that would have made the difference!
Annik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 06:56 AM   #384  
Restart - June17/15

S/C/G: 221/215/160

Height: 5"6

Happy Monday IP'ers.. I have beeen off track a little to much the last couple of weeks so as of this morning am recommitting to getting back on track.. I really realy want to get into the 100's.. I have struggled with doing alternatives and finding protein sources I like.. while its easy to subsitute with some eggs or a peice of chicken, I was missing the treats like the pudding, chips etc that you get on IP.. But I have managed to find an IP Centre let will let me buy IP products without being on their program (I did get the whole sales pitch though lol), but I am happy I can buy the cal / mag vitamins and will buy some treaty things..

Good luck to all today -
Clarington45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 10:10 AM   #385  

S/C/G: 242/242/165

Height: 5'9"

Good morning all...

Sarahbell, congrats on your ongoing big losses! obviously you are staying close to 100%!

jmanovich.....I can completely identify with you. I did 5 weeks 100% OP, lost 12 pounds, and have been close to 90% for 4 weeks. And I have not lost a single pound. Have not gained, but have not lost. Only had one day where I really went crazy at a buirthday party, but otherwise, eating 2-3 packets a day, protein, veggies, and low carb/low cal type diet. I am pretty upset I have not lost anymore, I am eating like 1/3 what I would normally eat.

I'm contacting my coach today and asking if we can reschedule my weigh in. The plan is to be 100% this week, and see if my side effects come back. I really don't miss the foggy head!! But I have so far to go, I can't give up. I am feeling pretty defeated and like IP isn't for me, want to quit blah blah, but I thought doing a modified low carb/low calorie diet would work, and it's not. Bummer
kcandponies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 10:48 AM   #386  

Height: 5'5"

So my weigh in is Monday morning and I am rethinking that Monday is a bad day to get a weigh in!!! Oh well I was down 0.6, at least I am down. I so want to be in the 180's...and I am so close to that 50 pound mark. I may try to be 100% this week even though I feel crappy when I do that.

KCANDPONIES the fact that we do not feel well when we are 100% means something!! But what, lol!

Last edited by trishthayer; 10-21-2013 at 10:49 AM.
trishthayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 10:51 AM   #387  
Started IP 5/13/13

S/C/G: 185/128/135

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarington45 View Post
Happy Monday IP'ers.. I have beeen off track a little to much the last couple of weeks so as of this morning am recommitting to getting back on track.. I really realy want to get into the 100's.. I have struggled with doing alternatives and finding protein sources I like.. while its easy to subsitute with some eggs or a peice of chicken, I was missing the treats like the pudding, chips etc that you get on IP.. But I have managed to find an IP Centre let will let me buy IP products without being on their program (I did get the whole sales pitch though lol), but I am happy I can buy the cal / mag vitamins and will buy some treaty things..

Good luck to all today -
Clarington: I have been using alternative products since about the 8 week point. I just could not afford IP products and I needed a lot of variety or I would go crazy with boredom and that is my biggest risk for cheating. I also mix up my proteins and have chicken, beef, pork and seafood almost every week. It is rare for me to eat the same types of protein every day, other than lunch, because that is more challenging, since I travel for work.

I know you have seen the alternative threads so I won't give you a bunch of unneeded details, but I order mostly from Nashua Nutrition and Diet Direct and both have products similar to IP that are so yummy! I like the soups, bars, I love the Wonderslim pancakes! The BBQ soy puffs, BBQ crisps and White Cheddar crisps were lifesavers when I needed something crunchy.

I buy my supplements from Swanson Vitamins and they are good quality and priced lower than IP. They ship within 2 business days and the product arrives quickly. If you want any specific info feel free to PM me.
dak1lls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 11:34 AM   #388  

S/C/G: 242/242/165

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishthayer View Post
So my weigh in is Monday morning and I am rethinking that Monday is a bad day to get a weigh in!!! Oh well I was down 0.6, at least I am down. I so want to be in the 180's...and I am so close to that 50 pound mark. I may try to be 100% this week even though I feel crappy when I do that.

KCANDPONIES the fact that we do not feel well when we are 100% means something!! But what, lol!
I'm doing 100% this week and "experimenting" with my feelings. In addition to keeping a food journal, I am going to start writing down how I feel, my hunger level, mood, etc and see if I can figure out where I am going wrong.
My problems started during week 4, which was TOM. I was exhausted, in a mental fog, hungry. The week after was ok. No weight lost but several inches. The week after I started what I think are hormonal side effects. My chest was sore, and got worse to the place it REALLY hurt to put on a bra, and I couldn't sleep on my stomach. I was very hungry and tired, going to bed at 8pm most nights. This is when I started adding in extra food, like an egg, 4th packet and peanuts. I ate out a few times and had avocado on my salad with regular ranch dressing (small amount). Since then, I can think normally, this month TOM was pretty easy, lighter than usual, and I have energy again, with not much of an appetite.

So I would be ok following the plan I am on now, but have not lost a pound in 4 weeks. I am researching the effects of ketosis on estrogen, I'm not on birth control so whatever is going on is related to the weight loss. Maybe this month will be better hormonally. Guess I will wait and see.
kcandponies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 11:47 AM   #389  

S/C/G: 233/233/130

Height: 5'4"

Ok can 2 egg whites be eaten as a freebie? I have seen it posted before but I am just curious because sometimes I need a little something to tide me over and do not want to do a 4th packet
sarahBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 11:59 AM   #390  

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahBell View Post
Ok can 2 egg whites be eaten as a freebie? I have seen it posted before but I am just curious because sometimes I need a little something to tide me over and do not want to do a 4th packet
When I first started 2 egg whites was free. I think that IP has since changed the rule but if it will help you try it for a week.
trishthayer is offline   Reply With Quote