Old 10-08-2013, 02:11 PM   #46  
Back for a tweak

S/C/G: 120/115/110

Height: 5'0"

Does anyone know why cheese and/or nuts aren't allowed on Phase 1-2? I've never been able to figure it out. I'm talking about very limited amounts, like 1 ounce of cheese per day. I've done that at times and it's been my absolute lifesaver and my IP coach is OK with it. I just don't know why it isn't allowed. . . would love to know the reasoning if any one else does.

I even did a head to head comparison on the nutritional info between one ounce of hard cheddar cheese and one IP packet and it's very similar.
slow2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 02:17 PM   #47  
Started IP - 8/27/13

S/C/G: 265/ticker/170

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ72 View Post
I just got back from my barn and I am DEVASTATED! My kittens are dying. My poor skinny Mom cat must not have enough milk for them. I know that one and possible two of the six are dead in their little nest. I can't touch them. I am sick and saddened to the core! Hoping I don't lose my Mom cat too. Took her some extra food and warm milk replacer that we had for previously abandoned kittens. I know this is nature and it happens and that is life on the farm but PLEASE don't anybody say that to me right now. Gonna have me a protein shake and just cry for a bit. Please keep the funnies going in this link today because I really need some humor right now!
Ouch! Sorry DJ72.
AliExpat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 02:22 PM   #48  
Started IP - 8/27/13

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishthayer View Post
Welcome and (hopefully) this will be a place for us 90%, or what ever % you are! I have been 100% and 80% but for me I feel better when I eat a tad more, usually an extra unrestricted packet a day. I have more energy and I feel healthier.
What do you guys think of Pam or non stick cooking spray? Do you use and or count it?
Hmmm, I just looked online and it looks like PAM original has 0/0/0 so you should be ok to use it.
Old 10-08-2013, 02:26 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 225/127/130

Height: 5'5"

I never post here due to a lot of the drama but I just wanted to share that I was on ideal protein 3 different times over the course of 2011/2012 and lost 98lbs, eating normal salad dressings the whole time.
trucolours88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 02:33 PM   #50  
Started IP - 8/27/13

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaplods View Post
I just want to say you guys are AWESOME, and ask you all if it would be ok for me tohang out here sometimes.

You all are the reason I read (and used to post) in the IP forum. Not long ago, I vowed I'd never post in an IP thread again, because I got tired of getting my metaphorical hand slapped. I even stopped lurking for a while, but I missed the support.

Even though I'm on The Simple Diet and not on IP, I was drawn to the IP forums initually because I needed to find a less choices, quick prep plan that I could afford.
IP was the most active forum and I figured the best to learn from and try to duplicate.

I would never have found TSD if it weren't for the supportive, compassionate and tolerant IPers who helped me directly and indirectly find 90% alternatives and who understood my difficulty in following ANY plan 100% (or sometimes even 50%).

For most of my life, I failed at weight loss more than I succeeded, because I only had two modes. 100% on a strict plan, and 100% binge.

For me, there was no slippery slope. In fact, there was no slope at all. I was either 100% dedicated to a very strict regimen, or I was shoveling into my mouth, everything in sight until my stomach felt like it would burst.

Learning to "live on the slope" has been an incredible life-altering experience for me. I would still be on the binge/deprive cycle if I hadn't learned to live on the slope..

If you guys think TSD is "too different" from IP for me to fit in, I'll understand and continue to lurk without posting. Even just lurking here will be a pleasure and a breath of fresh air.
Wow!! You're almost at goal. I admire all of you guys that are so close to goal. It reminds me that it can be done. Bravo!!
Old 10-08-2013, 02:44 PM   #51  
Back for a tweak

Quote:
Originally Posted by trucolours88 View Post
I never post here due to a lot of the drama but I just wanted to share that I was on ideal protein 3 different times over the course of 2011/2012 and lost 98lbs, eating normal salad dressings the whole time.
What ones if you don't mind me asking. . . . did you stay in ketosis? The WF dressings make me want to heave, and there is only so long I can do oil and vinegar and mustard. I would love ideas. . . .
Old 10-08-2013, 02:47 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 233/233/130

Height: 5'4"

Red face

Hello my name is sarahBell and I am 90%-er. I lick-taste-nibble-crunch-sniff something that is Not IP friendly. I am human and have taste buds that carry a dominant sweet tooth.

I am doing my best to stay OP but I am not as strong as the 100%-ers...maybe someday I will be, but today I am not. Thank you.
sarahBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 02:52 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 225/127/130

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow2lose View Post
What ones if you don't mind me asking. . . . did you stay in ketosis? The WF dressings make me want to heave, and there is only so long I can do oil and vinegar and mustard. I would love ideas. . . .
I used whatever my heart desired...ranch, Italian, French, cucumber...i didn't overdue it, i tried my best to stay around the serving size....I couldn't get a salad down without the dressing, and had many bad experiences with WF so I did what I had to, and if it meant being on IP an extra week because I only lost 1.6lbs instead of 1.8 that week then whatever, I did what I had to for me.
trucolours88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 02:56 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 301/290/180

Height: 5'10

Holy cow! I feel like I finally found my place to belong. Thank you!!!

For DJ and the loss of the kittens - Looks like you're making a good choice. Having your shake and taking care of yourself? Good job! I know that for me, in a situation like this, I would attempt to "medicate" myself with food. So you rock for making a good choice!! And I hope all turns out well with the kittens. Just reading your post made my heart sad.

To Rhonda (I hope I got that right) - I'm so sorry to hear about your mom. I went through something similar in 2008 and remembering makes my heart ache for you and yours. I'm sending you lots and lots of love, and hope that in the end, all works out for you.

And to everyone else - Thank you thank you thank you!!! It means a lot to me to have a safe place to talk about how hard this is, and how sh***y I feel when I mess up, and how hard I am on myself. I hope everyone keeps up their hard work, because all we can truly do is our very best every single day. And even if that's not up to someone else's standard? Who cares! Know that you tried, you did what you could, and tomorrow is another chance to rock it out!
ktgrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 03:00 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 242/242/165

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow2lose View Post

Slow2lose....on other low carb diets it is ok to use any dressing with 0 carbs - no sugar in the ingredients. Newman's dressing has no sugar and Ken's ranch and blue cheese have <1 g carbs. Since these are full of fat and calories, I would use sparingly....and not every day.

Once a week I treat myself to a salad with normal dressing, but keep the veggies and meat IP.

Again, not saying these are ok to use, and are not part of IP (feel like I need a disclaimer!)
kcandponies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 03:01 PM   #56  
Joined IP July 25, 2013

Height: 5'9"

This is awesome. I love that the comment I made in the other thread "maybe we should start a 90% thread for those of us that don't pick the carrots out of packaged salad" has turned into such a great group. I'm glad someone else had the guts to start this thread and it's allowing people to speak up who maybe didn't feel like they had a voice or a place before. Welcome all. We can lose weight and keep our sanity!

For the question about nuts and cheese, I think it's not on the list due to the fat content, but I'm just guessing on that. I have cheese sometime...but just a very small amount (like if a house salad comes with shredded cheese on the top). I enjoy it and don't feel guilty about it one bit. On the same note, I don't ever go out and order a plate of nachos. I've found balance.

SarahBell - your post really did make me Laugh Out Loud.
Meeshellee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 03:03 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 301/290/180

Height: 5'10

Default Extra Special Hugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaplods View Post
I just want to say you guys are AWESOME, and ask you all if it would be ok for me tohang out here sometimes.

You all are the reason I read (and used to post) in the IP forum. Not long ago, I vowed I'd never post in an IP thread again, because I got tired of getting my metaphorical hand slapped. I even stopped lurking for a while, but I missed the support.

Even though I'm on The Simple Diet and not on IP, I was drawn to the IP forums initually because I needed to find a less choices, quick prep plan that I could afford.
IP was the most active forum and I figured the best to learn from and try to duplicate.

I would never have found TSD if it weren't for the supportive, compassionate and tolerant IPers who helped me directly and indirectly find 90% alternatives and who understood my difficulty in following ANY plan 100% (or sometimes even 50%).

For most of my life, I failed at weight loss more than I succeeded, because I only had two modes. 100% on a strict plan, and 100% binge.

For me, there was no slippery slope. In fact, there was no slope at all. I was either 100% dedicated to a very strict regimen, or I was shoveling into my mouth, everything in sight until my stomach felt like it would burst.

Learning to "live on the slope" has been an incredible life-altering experience for me. I would still be on the binge/deprive cycle if I hadn't learned to live on the slope..

If you guys think TSD is "too different" from IP for me to fit in, I'll understand and continue to lurk without posting. Even just lurking here will be a pleasure and a breath of fresh air.
I completely understand, and hope I speak for everyone (and I think I do) when I say YES!! Please hang out with us! You have clearly done some really really hard work! And dangit! You deserve credit! I personally, sought out this forum for support and information. I also ended up lurking more than chatting because I felt like I wasn't "enough" (my own personal struggle) anytime I talked about how hard this was for me. So you? You get extra big super awesome
ktgrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 03:03 PM   #58  

I sometimes mix full fat dressing with WF dressing....it works well for me!
trishthayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 03:04 PM   #59  
Back for a tweak

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcandponies View Post
Slow2lose....on other low carb diets it is ok to use any dressing with 0 carbs - no sugar in the ingredients. Newman's dressing has no sugar and Ken's ranch and blue cheese have <1 g carbs. Since these are full of fat and calories, I would use sparingly....and not every day.

Once a week I treat myself to a salad with normal dressing, but keep the veggies and meat IP.

Again, not saying these are ok to use, and are not part of IP (feel like I need a disclaimer!)
Good to know, thanks. . . . I'm well aware of what is and isn't allowed and what is not considered 100% so no worries. It's about staying 100% sane too LOL.
Old 10-08-2013, 03:18 PM   #60  
Started IP 3/26/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcandponies View Post
I am so glad this thread has been started....I almost left the folrum completely because I couldn't handle being criticized.

I am TRYING to be 100%. But honestly it is tough. Most days I do well, feel well and am steadily losing, although slower than most others here. I have lost 13# in 5 weeks.

My coach is very strict, not very nice, and the only time I have needed some support or encouragement, I emailed her and never had a response. I am thinking of stocking up on IP food and not going back, although I paid a hefty fee to join.

I am not going to describe my "cheats", most are worse than what has been listed, but they are NOT willpower related. Maybe someone else can identify....every 4 or 5 days after being 100%, I have a bad day. Bad meaning I am exhausted, can barely get out of bed. I go to work and feel like a zombie all day, foggy brain, headache, tired, cranky, dizzy, lightheaded. On these days, I have cravings and have been adding limited carbs in the evening usually, and I eat much more than normal (I dont measure protein or veggies) I add extra fat too, as this seems to help. The first day this happened I ate peanuts, and felt 100% better within 2 hours. I don't know if I am hypoglycemic or over do the activity...but whatever it is, I feel physically ill.

My goal every day is to be 100% and like I said most days I am successful. But I would not say this has been easy, and I have less energy than normal.
I still have a ways to go to reach goal, but am committed to making it there!
On your *bad* days have you tried putting about 1/4 tsp of Himalayan sea salt in 8 oz water and drinking that? Or doing the 'salt lick' - put about that amount of salt in the palm of your hand, lick it clean, and then drink a glass of water. That used to help me get through times of feeling that slightly dizzy, light-headed, weak and sometimes head-achy feeling. I recall it being included in the info originally given to me at the IP clinic. If this suggestion is new to you, try it first next time before eating additional carbs.

Last edited by evepet; 10-08-2013 at 03:19 PM.
evepet is offline   Reply With Quote