Old 10-08-2013, 12:51 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 242/242/165

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ72 View Post
I just got back from my barn and I am DEVASTATED! My kittens are dying. My poor skinny Mom cat must not have enough milk for them. I know that one and possible two of the six are dead in their little nest. I can't touch them. I am sick and saddened to the core! Hoping I don't lose my Mom cat too. Took her some extra food and warm milk replacer that we had for previously abandoned kittens. I know this is nature and it happens and that is life on the farm but PLEASE don't anybody say that to me right now. Gonna have me a protein shake and just cry for a bit. Please keep the funnies going in this link today because I really need some humor right now!
Poor kitties!!! So sorry! Can you take them from momma and give some KMR?? How are the other 4 doing? Maybe....maybe she can only nurse 4 and they will be just fine with less competition. Hope they all pull through!

If you can handle Momma cat, can you give her a supplement like Nutri-Cal? If she is a fist time mom, she may be in a little shock and nerves will cause her milk to slow as well.
kcandponies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 12:52 PM   #32  

Height: 5'5"

DJ72 sorry you are sad. Enjoy your shake put some cinnamon or chili spice in it!!!

As to everyone else great start of the 90% thread!!
trishthayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 01:02 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 248/213/150

Height: 5'2"

Thank you so much for starting this thread. I lost 50 lbs last year and then my mother got sick. She was in and out of the hospital five times since last November. Weight started creeping up in April and with several attempts to get it back together I just couldn't. Her health became increasingly worse in late August and she passed away sept. 12. I have decided it is time for me again and have been 98% for nearly three weeks. I definetly need support and I hope this is the place for me. Thank you all for your posts!
Rhonduz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 01:02 PM   #34  
IP start date 8/1/2013

S/C/G: 195/138.6/130

Height: 4'10

Quote:
I just got back from my barn and I am DEVASTATED! My kittens are dying. My poor skinny Mom cat must not have enough milk for them. I know that one and possible two of the six are dead in their little nest. I can't touch them. I am sick and saddened to the core! Hoping I don't lose my Mom cat too. Took her some extra food and warm milk replacer that we had for previously abandoned kittens. I know this is nature and it happens and that is life on the farm but PLEASE don't anybody say that to me right now. Gonna have me a protein shake and just cry for a bit. Please keep the funnies going in this link today because I really need some humor right now!
OH NO DJ! I'm so sorry!
nolasmurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 01:05 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 214.4/170/165

Height: 5'6"

Awesome thread. I try my best, but sometimes I have a cooked onion or an extra chunk of tomatoes. 30 pounds off, I guess I am ok . My coach lectures me because I work out a lot, but it's tough to argue with results (I love her anyway!) Oh, and I love Teresa's photo, what a lovely lady!

Last edited by MidgieMoon; 10-08-2013 at 01:06 PM.
MidgieMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 01:10 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 267/159/150

Height: 5"3

Interesting post and I like it!! I have had numerous slip-ups the closer I get to the end. I wonder if some of it is psychological. Once back on track, the 'weight' comes off. Remember, 3000 calories = a real lb of fat.

I have always had a problem with binge eating. I have a ton of stress right now and am not proud to say, I have had 3 binges in the past 3wks. I fear this last one will not come off as easily. But I know what I did and am already in repair mode.

That's all we can do and then move on.
NinjaNurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 01:21 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Default Kittens

Quote:
I am so sorry that you are facing that today. As an animal lover, I cannot imagine the pain of helplessly facing this. I am crying with you.
schenectady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 01:22 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 174.6/163.6/132

Default removed photos

sorry everyone! Those photos were from last year when I lost about 35 pounds....guess what? I gained it all back plus one....MAD MAD MAD at myself.
BUT I'm back on it and thinking this is how I need to live to keep it off. SO, I'm thinking of it as a lifestyle and yes, I have a LITTLE wine every now and then. A lot less than I used to. I did pretty good up until the new year. The first of February I decided to go on WW. WELL, I didn't stay on it and next thing I knew I was up 20 more pounds. This summer I decided to do the MS 150 mile (2 days) bike ride to help me lose weight. Didn't lose anything.
So I started back on Ideal Protein the beginning of September. I've lost 11 pounds in about a month.
I will post pictures again when I get to goal.
Thanks for your kind words! I hadn't posted in a long time so was shocked when my photo popped up in my signature.
So happy this board was started!
Teresa
tauthier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 01:24 PM   #39  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhonduz View Post
Thank you so much for starting this thread. I lost 50 lbs last year and then my mother got sick. She was in and out of the hospital five times since last November. Weight started creeping up in April and with several attempts to get it back together I just couldn't. Her health became increasingly worse in late August and she passed away sept. 12. I have decided it is time for me again and have been 98% for nearly three weeks. I definetly need support and I hope this is the place for me. Thank you all for your posts!
Welcome and (hopefully) this will be a place for us 90%, or what ever % you are! I have been 100% and 80% but for me I feel better when I eat a tad more, usually an extra unrestricted packet a day. I have more energy and I feel healthier.
What do you guys think of Pam or non stick cooking spray? Do you use and or count it?
trishthayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 01:40 PM   #40  
Back for a tweak

S/C/G: 120/115/110

Height: 5'0"

I was on OP a year ago and made it to goal having done a few tweaks. I gained about 10 pounds now and want to get it off, so came back and saw the other thread - I was about to start the 90% one since I haven't posted on here in months and months and really don't care about being judged LOL.

Here is one for you: my IP Coach has spoken with the IP doc, and even he has said that one ounce a cheese a day isn't so bad and I've been doing that from time to time. Maybe in those weeks I'm not losing as much, but my losses have always been in the 1.5 - 2 pound range cheese or no cheese.
slow2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 01:43 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 233/233/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
OMG. Poor Momma and babies

I will cry right along with you. I am 4 hours away from my parents and family, I want to be there to help them rebuild their life but I cant. I have my own family to take care of. we are 4 days out and I am still crying and will for a very long time.
sarahBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 01:43 PM   #42  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

I just want to say you guys are AWESOME, and ask you all if it would be ok for me tohang out here sometimes.

You all are the reason I read (and used to post) in the IP forum. Not long ago, I vowed I'd never post in an IP thread again, because I got tired of getting my metaphorical hand slapped. I even stopped lurking for a while, but I missed the support.

Even though I'm on The Simple Diet and not on IP, I was drawn to the IP forums initually because I needed to find a less choices, quick prep plan that I could afford.
IP was the most active forum and I figured the best to learn from and try to duplicate.

I would never have found TSD if it weren't for the supportive, compassionate and tolerant IPers who helped me directly and indirectly find 90% alternatives and who understood my difficulty in following ANY plan 100% (or sometimes even 50%).

For most of my life, I failed at weight loss more than I succeeded, because I only had two modes. 100% on a strict plan, and 100% binge.

For me, there was no slippery slope. In fact, there was no slope at all. I was either 100% dedicated to a very strict regimen, or I was shoveling into my mouth, everything in sight until my stomach felt like it would burst.

Learning to "live on the slope" has been an incredible life-altering experience for me. I would still be on the binge/deprive cycle if I hadn't learned to live on the slope..

If you guys think TSD is "too different" from IP for me to fit in, I'll understand and continue to lurk without posting. Even just lurking here will be a pleasure and a breath of fresh air.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 01:45 PM   #43  
Back for a tweak

S/C/G: 120/115/110

Height: 5'0"

KAPLODS!! I remember you - you were posting around the time I was on the program - great to see you here!!!!

What is TSD? Never heard of it. . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaplods View Post
I just want to say you guys are AWESOME, and ask you all if it would be ok for me tohang out here sometimes.

You all are the reason I read (and used to post) in the IP forum. Not long ago, I vowed I'd never post in an IP thread again, because I got tired of getting my metaphorical hand slapped. I even stopped lurking for a while, but I missed the support.

Even though I'm on The Simple Diet and not on IP, I was drawn to the IP forums initually because I needed to find a less choices, quick prep plan that I could afford.
IP was the most active forum and I figured the best to learn from and try to duplicate.

I would never have found TSD if it weren't for the supportive, compassionate and tolerant IPers who helped me directly and indirectly find 90% alternatives and who understood my difficulty in following ANY plan 100% (or sometimes even 50%).

For most of my life, I failed at weight loss more than I succeeded, because I only had two modes. 100% on a strict plan, and 100% binge.

For me, there was no slippery slope. In fact, there was no slope at all. I was either 100% dedicated to a very strict regimen, or I was shoveling into my mouth, everything in sight until my stomach felt like it would burst.

Learning to "live on the slope" has been an incredible life-altering experience for me. I would still be on the binge/deprive cycle if I hadn't learned to live on the slope..

If you guys think TSD is "too different" from IP for me to fit in, I'll understand and continue to lurk without posting. Even just lurking here will be a pleasure and a breath of fresh air.
slow2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 01:54 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 242/242/165

Height: 5'9"

Kaplods - I totally agree with your 100% description - all or none! This is why all my diets fail...I cheat then it's oh well I screwed up, the diet is over. I too stopped posting and lurking here on IP because it wasn't giving me the support I needed, just more all or none theory.

HELLO - that is not how life works!!!! In the past few weeks I have been 80% on IP, and the other 20% I have made MUCH better choices than I normally would have. I want to feel happy and proud of what I have accomplished and the decisions I make, not "if you are not 100% IP, don't bother". Losing weight is HARD, we need all the positivity and support we can get.

Love that this thread is on page 3 and NO NEGATIVITY so far!

Let's keep it up!!! (and I welcome you to join the converstaion... even on TSD)

Last edited by kcandponies; 10-08-2013 at 01:55 PM.
kcandponies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 01:55 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 248/213/150

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolasmurf View Post
Thank you Ali for starting the thread! In my weeks I've had alcohol, a few pieces of cheese and some chocolate. Still down 26 lbs!

I refuse to beat myself up over the slip ups. I applaud those folks who can be 100% all the time but that's just not me.
I also like my alcohol probably more than most should. I lost 50 lbs last year without giving it up. I did however forego the restricted packet when I drank and only used water as a mixer.
Rhonduz is offline   Reply With Quote