3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Home of the 90% (Occasional Slip-up Zone) Volume 1 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/288424-home-90%25-occasional-slip-up-zone-volume-1-a.html)

jmanovich 10-29-2013 12:21 AM

Wahoo! First day back on plan 99% and it went well. No cravings, not even in the evening. So impressed...but we will see what tomorrow brings. I was not 100% today as I snacked on some cold cuts and had a 35 calorie no sugar source yogurt. I don't think this enough to keep me out of ketosis...will see though. I really like the source 0% 35 cal yogurts- they satisfy my sweet tooth and hunger...for only 35 cals. they are sweetened with sucralose, and have skim milk...far as I am concerned that could equal my milk allowance for coffee! Will see what my losses are like and go from there.

Oh, and I also ate some skin off my chicken. BAH oh well. Like I said much better day than I have been having lately- so I will take it!!

:carrot: Keep on pluggin everyone! I am a happy camper today!! :D

sarahBell 10-29-2013 03:21 PM

I ate 1 chocolate chip

so that just pushed me off the 100% run I was shooting for :(

Dang it, oh well tomorrow I can do better :(

bmorelock 10-29-2013 03:37 PM

Hi. I'm fairly new to the board. I've been on IP since mid September. I did fantastic the first 4 weeks and actuallly have lost every week, but I have found myself cheating more and more the last few weeks. I have no idea why!! I read a previous post about "self sabotage" and it must be something like that. I've lost 20 lbs so far, so its going well...why would i want to ruin that. Must be something psychological? We had a dessert day last week at work and I had cheesecake and a couple other small pieces of cakes. I had a cheeseburger and fries Sunday night. Kettle corn Saturday. a few pieces of halloween candy here and there (although I'm not buying any to keep the temptation at bay). Last night i had a chicken madiera with lots of cheese on top and shared a piece of cheesecake. There...its all out now. Maybe just admitting it out loud will get me back on track. I weigh in tomorrow and am dreading it big time...
Has anyone else gone through this after a month or so on IP? Please tell me it will get better. I AM comitted to the program and still have a minimum of 40 lbs i want to get rid of!!

sarahBell 10-29-2013 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmorelock (Post 4872653)
Hi. I'm fairly new to the board. I've been on IP since mid September. I did fantastic the first 4 weeks and actuallly have lost every week, but I have found myself cheating more and more the last few weeks. I have no idea why!! I read a previous post about "self sabotage" and it must be something like that. I've lost 20 lbs so far, so its going well...why would i want to ruin that. Must be something psychological? We had a dessert day last week at work and I had cheesecake and a couple other small pieces of cakes. I had a cheeseburger and fries Sunday night. Kettle corn Saturday. a few pieces of halloween candy here and there (although I'm not buying any to keep the temptation at bay). Last night i had a chicken madiera with lots of cheese on top and shared a piece of cheesecake. There...its all out now. Maybe just admitting it out loud will get me back on track. I weigh in tomorrow and am dreading it big time...
Has anyone else gone through this after a month or so on IP? Please tell me it will get better. I AM comitted to the program and still have a minimum of 40 lbs i want to get rid of!!

I know how you feel! It is so hard NOT to fall off the wagon. We live on impulses, my triggers are sweets. Today not only did I fall off the wagon my poor wagon done gone broke apart **hangs head in shame** I have a good 60lbs to lose before I will feel comfortable :(

I am rooting for you trust me. Tonight I build my wagon again using re-enforced rebar and Kevlar and shoot for 100% :carrot:

Deana509 10-29-2013 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmorelock (Post 4872653)

I've not really gone through this, but I UNDERSTAND it completely, I've been tempted a lot, especially when I bake for events, or someone brings sweets to meetings, or we have a Cookie party in class.... It really is tempting, but I think the GREATEST thing that has helped me is that I have asked my friends to keep me accountable... and when I want to cheat, I tell them thats how I feel, and they tell me "No Deana, you aren't allowed, you know that!" and sometimes they have to tell me more than once... but the best thing I think is to let the people around you know that you arent eating junk foods, or desserts, etc... You dont even have to say you are on a diet, just say that you choose not to indulge in those items, and ask them to not offer them to you. It might take them a while to remember you arent eating those things, but they will eventually be able to have the reaction of "Oh, sorry!" and stop tempting you with them.
People really are great about it... It might be different for me, because I am a college student, but I tried to keep IP a secret from everyone for the first two weeks and it was horrid... I ended up having the mindset of "I'm doing this for ME, to make myself healthier, I shouldn't have to hide it..."
You CAN do it! You just have to have faith in yourself, and keep yourself and have at least ONE other person keep you accountable...

Meeshellee 10-29-2013 10:57 PM

Hellllooooo to my favorite IP board. I know I've been Missing in Action....but here's an update....Had my first weight in today with a new coach. I was very nervous about her and how strict she'd be, but it ended up being just fine and she seems to know quite a bit about the program so that's comforting.

On another note, down 3 lbs this week...that includes going to a wedding (had some meatballs with bbq sauce, but stayed away from the lemonade cake and the fresh doughnut bar) and it also includes losing a day between weigh ins (moved from Wednesday weigh in to Tuesday weigh in). Love seeing the scale to down each week!

jmanovich 10-30-2013 12:30 AM

I half fell off the wagon today...had some cheese at work (DARN IT ANYWAY, but I was hungry, and busy, and it was the only thing around to grab...what does this teach me- PLAN better!)

And also just can't get away from that darn creamer in my coffee. I think I redeemed myself by choosing an IP Cereal pancake for my snack tonight versus another bar...avoiding 2 restricteds. :)

We shall see what the scale starts to do in the next few days...if it STILL doesn't move I guess I will have to cut that darn creamer out!

kdsura 10-30-2013 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmanovich (Post 4872918)

We shall see what the scale starts to do in the next few days...if it STILL doesn't move I guess I will have to cut that darn creamer out!

I seriously wouldn't be able to function in the mornings without coffee - and have been using two choices for 'cream' every morning and since they are both very low carb they haven't seemed to hurt my weight loss at all.

I find these in the tiny organic section of my store... even though neither is organic.

SO Delicious Coconut Milk unsweetened -- 45 cals in a cup, 1 net carb, 4.5g fat. 0 protein.

Soy Slender Soy Milk - comes in Vanilla, Chocolate and Cappuccino - 70 cals in a cup, 1 net carb, 6g protein, 3g fat.

The Soy Milk is sweeter than the Coconut Milk, but the Coconut Milk is creamier. Both are great with a dash of Torani flavor :)

nolasmurf 10-30-2013 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmanovich (Post 4872918)
I half fell off the wagon today...had some cheese at work (DARN IT ANYWAY, but I was hungry, and busy, and it was the only thing around to grab...what does this teach me- PLAN better!)

And also just can't get away from that darn creamer in my coffee. I think I redeemed myself by choosing an IP Cereal pancake for my snack tonight versus another bar...avoiding 2 restricteds. :)

I've been using a shot of the EAS rtd's in my coffee. Either the French vanilla or the chocolate fudge. (And I actually measure it in a 1 oz shot glass then pour into my coffee) I keep one at the house and one in the office. Since they have a cap you can screw back on it works out and lasts me about a week.

sarahBell 10-30-2013 09:52 AM

I fixed my wagon and I am ready to go! LOL

lilkel244 10-30-2013 10:03 AM

I have been bad, I keep eating cheese because I know its not going to kick me out of ketosis, but its also not going to help me lose weight!! How do I stop eating it? Dairy has been my largest challenge. I don't miss cake or cookies, I miss cheese!

bmorelock 10-30-2013 10:08 AM

Thanks for the encouraging thoughts! I've decided I'm going to request another journal from my coach at today's visit and start keeping track of my food again. I stopped after my first journal ran out. Hopefully that will keep me more accountable and ON TRACK.

nolasmurf 10-30-2013 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lilkel244 (Post 4873094)
I have been bad, I keep eating cheese because I know its not going to kick me out of ketosis, but its also not going to help me lose weight!! How do I stop eating it? Dairy has been my largest challenge. I don't miss cake or cookies, I miss cheese!

I've been indulging in a bite now and then but only a hard cheese like cheddar. Like you I miss it. Told my hubby to completely remove it for the house. All the cheese or cheese like products are in the man cave beer fridge now. Aka the garage. I won't walk out there to get it. I don't go to the garage because then I'll want to tidy up and he says I lose his stuff lol

lilkel244 10-30-2013 10:12 AM

Yes thankfully mine have only been hard cheese, but it is really becoming a problem. No more cheese. I need to quit it cold turkey!

sarahBell 10-30-2013 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lilkel244 (Post 4873104)
Yes thankfully mine have only been hard cheese, but it is really becoming a problem. No more cheese. I need to quit it cold turkey!

mmmmmmmmm cheese **drool**