Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2013, 11:57 AM   #16  
support, not criticism

S/C/G: 219/187.6/140

Height: 5'4"

Good morning everyone!

Congratulations 65x65, for your good health news.

I accidentally ate a second restricted bar yesterday. I worked out and wanted to have an extra packet as I was feeling hungry and without thinking grabbed a bar. I could have kicked myself. Hopefully, it won't slow things down too much.

Today, my throat is scratchy and I have been sucking cough drops as I have to talk for a bit in court today. Got ones sweetened with sucralose so hopefully they are okay. I need something or my voice will give out which has happened in the past. Not pleasant!

Otherwise, looking forward to a great day! Have a great day everyone.
Old 10-08-2013, 12:04 PM   #17  
IP -9/15/13 @goal 1/18/14

S/C/G: 184.4/157 /137

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooshie76 View Post
So... Guess who sprained her ankle yesterday and is hobbling around with crutches? Just in time for two flights with little kids on Friday. And oh yeah, my toddler has the flu. It's a rough week so far. Normally I'd be bingeing hard from the stress but I'm proud to say I'm staying strong! I hope I can tackle thanksgiving well this weekend.
OH no!! hang in there!
Old 10-08-2013, 12:08 PM   #18  
IP -9/15/13 @goal 1/18/14

S/C/G: 184.4/157 /137

Height: 5'4

Good morning all, crazy week. Had my first weightliftng workout Sunday, 2nd one today, sore! I've eaten an additional protein each day, but wondering if you double up on one of your 4 meals or can I have one say 30 mins before the workout and then 30 minutes after I'm done? How do you fit the extra protein into the day? My coach really emphasizes eating every 3.5-4 hours but isn't answering my emails about this.
Old 10-08-2013, 12:11 PM   #19  

Quote:
Originally Posted by shannonhs View Post
Good morning everyone!

Congratulations 65x65, for your good health news.

I accidentally ate a second restricted bar yesterday. I worked out and wanted to have an extra packet as I was feeling hungry and without thinking grabbed a bar. I could have kicked myself. Hopefully, it won't slow things down too much.

Today, my throat is scratchy and I have been sucking cough drops as I have to talk for a bit in court today. Got ones sweetened with sucralose so hopefully they are okay. I need something or my voice will give out which has happened in the past. Not pleasant!

Otherwise, looking forward to a great day! Have a great day everyone.
I would think this has happened to everyone once.
You'll be fine. It DOES demonstrate the importance of planning!

Gargle with warm salt water when you get a chance. Tea with lemon tonite & consider making some chicken soup with lots of select veggies!
Old 10-08-2013, 12:15 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 206/206/160

Height: 5'7

Today is Day #2 and I am feeling better than yesterday.... I was starving yesterday but today I started spacing out my food more along with bringing in some egg whites and lettuce in case I get hungry.... soo far soo good.
Old 10-08-2013, 12:48 PM   #21  
On plan since June 23/13

S/C/G: 197/153/150

Height: 5'3"

For anyone on maintenance....
what do you have for snacks??
Old 10-08-2013, 12:48 PM   #22  
Started IP 5/13/13

S/C/G: 185/128/135

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

I am having a REALLY bad day with my TMJ pain! I had a dental appointment for a crown on my last "real" molar and it was the top back tooth. Generally, I suffer with TMJ pain symptoms for 3 weeks to a month after a dental appointment. Well, two weeks ago they did the temporary crown, and yesterday was the appointment for the permanent crown. This is made more difficult by the fact that it was a top back tooth, which requires opening my mouth wider for access while they work on the tooth.

I am HURTING! It affects my sleep and every aspect of my waking life. I have been taking an anti inflammatory, and wearing my bite splint as well, but know that I just have to ride this out. I guess it's soup for me until I get this pain under control.

Last edited by dak1lls; 10-08-2013 at 12:49 PM.
Old 10-08-2013, 01:08 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 214.4/170/165

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by amt6 View Post
Good morning all! I started running last week and I feel great Despite being nervous about it effecting my losses, I think it has actually helped. I am doing Couch to 5k with the goal of running a 5k in the spring. I completed the first week, and on to the second!

I started running because I felt like I was getting too comfortable on IP and needed to shake things up a bit. Not that I was ...dare I say... cheating, just that it was sooo second nature that I didn't have to think about it, and that was uncomfortable for me. I know that's strange. Anyone else? So, I introduced something new, which is spicing things up for me all over again!

In other news, while the scale continues to go down down down, I am patiently waiting to say that I am down 50lbs! This morning I was 49.6. Grrrr!! It's so close, I can taste it!!! Hopefully by the end of the week, but really no rush
c25K is awesome, do you use a playlist? And you are close, and we will cheer when you reach 50 pounds!!!
Old 10-08-2013, 01:40 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

I have posted this same comment in another thread on this site because it is important to me that all posters see it since it is intended as reading for all.
Oh, I do not know where to find the words to express what I feel as I read the various posts on this site.

So, to get it out of the way, yes, I am striving for 100% because that is what works for me. I have nearly 110 pounds I need to lose in as direct a fashion as possible. My challenge.

What drew me to this site was the comraderie and support that I felt on here. It is really important to me when I am having tough days.

It is OK to have diverging points of view as we all struggle with our very own demons. What works for some does not necessarily work for others.

What distresses me is if I read meanness and pettiness with nasty backhanded comments about other posters. It would serve NO ONE WELL. We all would hurt from that even though it may feel good sometimes to vent.

Vent about what upsets you, what frustrates you but please if there are issues, please leave any possible personal vendettas, comments, and anger out of it all. This should be a SAFE place of peace and refuge, not a war zone.
Old 10-08-2013, 01:41 PM   #25  
Started IP Oct 1, 2013

S/C/G: 171.6/see ticker/130

Quote:
Originally Posted by GettinHealthyNow View Post
Good morning! Had my WI last night, down another -3.8 pounds for total lost of 16 in four weeks. Not bad! Ok, actually I'm thrilled. I keep saying it and saying it - but this diet is so easy to follow. No cheats in four weeks, and no desire to do so. My coach is really concerned about Thanksgiving next week (Canada) but I am not - I have a plan and I have no intention of messing with the success I've had so far for some short term mashed potatoes & gravy!

Have a great day everyone.
Kathy
Lol!!! Those stupid mashed potatoes are soooo not worth it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooshie76 View Post
So... Guess who sprained her ankle yesterday and is hobbling around with crutches? Just in time for two flights with little kids on Friday. And oh yeah, my toddler has the flu. It's a rough week so far. Normally I'd be bingeing hard from the stress but I'm proud to say I'm staying strong! I hope I can tackle thanksgiving well this weekend.
Poor thing! Injured. And then a kid with the flu. That sucks. When it rains, it pours, doesn't it? But you totally rock for managing your stress without caving in to old habits! Enjoy your Thanksgiving trip, and I know you'll do just fine.
Old 10-08-2013, 02:13 PM   #26  
Back at It!

S/C/G: 238/220/170

Height: 5'4 1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mperkows View Post
Today is Day #2 and I am feeling better than yesterday.... I was starving yesterday but today I started spacing out my food more along with bringing in some egg whites and lettuce in case I get hungry.... soo far soo good.
That's good to hear! Keep it up!

Had my weekly meeting with my coach today and she said she's really starting to notice the weight loss..that made me feel good. On Saturday I wore a skirt I had bought a year ago, but felt gross wearing it...not anymore. It fit fine and I didn't have rolls hanging over it.

Today is day 2 on week 4 and I found I was very tired this am. I got up a bit late and then ended up doing my thirty minutes of interval cardio today. A bit more awake. Have a great day everyone!
Old 10-08-2013, 02:18 PM   #27  
Back at It!

S/C/G: 238/220/170

Height: 5'4 1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dak1lls View Post
I am having a REALLY bad day with my TMJ pain! I had a dental appointment for a crown on my last "real" molar and it was the top back tooth. Generally, I suffer with TMJ pain symptoms for 3 weeks to a month after a dental appointment. Well, two weeks ago they did the temporary crown, and yesterday was the appointment for the permanent crown. This is made more difficult by the fact that it was a top back tooth, which requires opening my mouth wider for access while they work on the tooth.

I am HURTING! It affects my sleep and every aspect of my waking life. I have been taking an anti inflammatory, and wearing my bite splint as well, but know that I just have to ride this out. I guess it's soup for me until I get this pain under control.
Sorry to hear this! I hope you do feel better soon. I know how it feels, this past year I had two crowns and a lot of fillings. I had to go four times for the bottom molar and it was very annoying. I also used to have tmj. I wore that bite splint for awhile and it seemed to help over time.
Old 10-08-2013, 02:23 PM   #28  
Started IP Oct 1, 2013

S/C/G: 171.6/see ticker/130

Default A small veggie victory...

So.....I've posted previously about some of my, let's call them "challenges" in the kitchen. I've definitely had more misses than hits in this area this week. Yesterday, I threw out some grilled zucchini that I'd made that was ruined by too much spice.....even though I followed the recipe exactly. I've never been much of a cook and have no confidence in the kitchen, but I persevere in my quest to learn to love veggies. Well, today I decided to try the turnip "fries". I had a small turnip and a small rutabaga so I decided to do a taste test. Mixed them both in a bag with some evoo and seasoned salt then divided them up on the baking sheet to bake. After tasting both types.... They both actually turned out ok!! The rutabaga ones tasted a bit more like sweet potato fries, and I thought they had a bit crunchier texture. I've been told that the turnip fries have a stronger flavor, but I'd soaked them in water with a little Splenda (which I'd read would "tone them down some.") It worked, I guess, because they didn't taste any more "earthy, vegetable-y, bitter-y" than the rutabagas. I ate all the turnips since they're unrestricted and saved the rest of the rutabagas for tonight. Now, in the spirit of full disclosure, I'll be clear. They do not taste like French fries. But, they are reminiscent of French fries....which is good enough for me! Now if I could just figure out how to tolerate broccoli. And cauliflower. How exactly do I purée cauliflower? I'm thinking of trying to "hide" it in something else.
Old 10-08-2013, 03:01 PM   #29  
IP Start: 05/16/13

S/C/G: 215.8/140.3/145

Height: 5'5"

Good afternoon all! Hope you are well. I haven't been around as work and studying have been kicking my backside. I am staying OP and lost another 1.5 pounds this week, so I am happy about that. Losses are definitely slowing down a bit as I get closer to goal, but its all good. I can't wait to P2 and P3 it at the end of the month/beginning of November!

65x65 - HOORAY! So happy to read your news!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amt6 View Post
Good morning all! I started running last week and I feel great Despite being nervous about it effecting my losses, I think it has actually helped. I am doing Couch to 5k with the goal of running a 5k in the spring. I completed the first week, and on to the second!

I started running because I felt like I was getting too comfortable on IP and needed to shake things up a bit. Not that I was ...dare I say... cheating, just that it was sooo second nature that I didn't have to think about it, and that was uncomfortable for me. I know that's strange. Anyone else? So, I introduced something new, which is spicing things up for me all over again!

In other news, while the scale continues to go down down down, I am patiently waiting to say that I am down 50lbs! This morning I was 49.6. Grrrr!! It's so close, I can taste it!!! Hopefully by the end of the week, but really no rush
Congrats on W1 of C25K and being so close to 50! That's awesome. I am really jealous of your running. Am holding off until 11/1 to start running again but cannot freaking wait and your posts are keeping me excited - so thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolasmurf View Post
Holy Light-headedness Batman!
I dislike the lightheadedness so hope you feel better soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassieleeanne View Post
Good morning starting phase three tomorrow and getting a little overwhelmed with all the breakfast choices, hope I am ready for this!!
Congrats! I can't wait for breakfast! What are you going to have!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dak1lls View Post
I am having a REALLY bad day with my TMJ pain!
***I am HURTING! It affects my sleep and every aspect of my waking life. I have been taking an anti inflammatory, and wearing my bite splint as well, but know that I just have to ride this out. I guess it's soup for me until I get this pain under control.
Grrrr - feel better soon!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by schenectady View Post
This should be a SAFE place of peace and refuge, not a war zone.
Agreed!
Old 10-08-2013, 03:58 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 240/160/165

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarita75 View Post
Good afternoon all! Hope you are well. I haven't been around as work and studying have been kicking my backside. I am staying OP and lost another 1.5 pounds this week, so I am happy about that. Losses are definitely slowing down a bit as I get closer to goal, but its all good. I can't wait to P2 and P3 it at the end of the month/beginning of November!

65x65 - HOORAY! So happy to read your news!

Congrats on W1 of C25K and being so close to 50! That's awesome. I am really jealous of your running. Am holding off until 11/1 to start running again but cannot freaking wait and your posts are keeping me excited - so thank you!

I dislike the lightheadedness so hope you feel better soon!

Congrats! I can't wait for breakfast! What are you going to have!

Grrrr - feel better soon!!

Agreed!
I think I will have the hearty english muffin with PB, yogurt, raspberries, and a little gronola. I have to figure out the calories tonight to make sure it works!!
Closed Thread