Closed Thread

Old 10-04-2013, 03:37 PM   #46  
Started IP 5/13/13

S/C/G: 185/128/135

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deana509 View Post
it was humbling because I realized she sees beauty in a total different light, and that body image doesn't matter to her... it made me really think about how much it would be different if we couldn't see each other and just got to know each other by personality and kindness...
Just my thought of the day
Deana: what a wonderful thought and such a great message about how beauty is in the "eye" of the beholder. Hey, you must have really nice hair!

Glad I am not the only one with tailbone pain. I too shift from side to side to reduce the pain. Unfortunately, I drive a lot, as I am in sales, and it is hard on the back and hips to be twisted up as I am driving down the road. Probably not too safe either. eek!

I may check with the chiro, thanks for the tip. I also will be starting an exercise program once I am on Phase 3, so that should help with strengthening my core.

So many great NSV's and SV's today. I wish I could comment on all of them. Along with everyone else on 3FC, I am cheering you on. I will pipe up from time to time if I feel I have anything interesting to offer. It is so exciting to see everyone achieving the success on IP.

65X65 I have been watching for all of your updates and find it so interesting about the changes due to weight loss, both internally and externally. It makes so much sense. I am so hoping everything resolves well for you without surgery.

Have a wonderful day everyone!

Sonolady: check your email today.
Old 10-04-2013, 03:47 PM   #47  
On a mission!

S/C/G: 299/260/150

Height: 5'2"

Hi all, I had my week 5 wi in today and gained 3.5 lbs in one week. Now my doctor and I talked through everything and I was op all week, but majorly constipated and retaining water. He switched me to a different magnesium and I am adding in even more water. He also computed how many calories I would have had to eat to gain 3.5 lbs (over 10,000) and he said basically even off plan that would be hard to do in one week. And I know he is right and I know I have been op, but I am still so depressed! He also thinks that the soy protein in the IP foods may be too much soy for me, so I may have to modify a bit. He is really supportive and wonderful. But I need to do something to stay motivated after that result.
Old 10-04-2013, 03:48 PM   #48  
On plan since June 23/13

S/C/G: 197/153/150

Height: 5'3"

It's official...my weigh in this morning at the clinic put me at goal. I tried to be sure I was not even wearing heavy earrings or socks to make sure I wasn't over!

Happy Friday to all"
Old 10-04-2013, 03:54 PM   #49  
Started IP 5/13/13

S/C/G: 185/128/135

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxxy View Post
It's official...my weigh in this morning at the clinic put me at goal. I tried to be sure I was not even wearing heavy earrings or socks to make sure I wasn't over!

Happy Friday to all"

Way to go!
Old 10-04-2013, 04:05 PM   #50  

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zictory75 View Post
Hi all, I had my week 5 wi in today and gained 3.5 lbs in one week. Now my doctor and I talked through everything and I was op all week, but majorly constipated and retaining water. He switched me to a different magnesium and I am adding in even more water. He also computed how many calories I would have had to eat to gain 3.5 lbs (over 10,000) and he said basically even off plan that would be hard to do in one week. And I know he is right and I know I have been op, but I am still so depressed! He also thinks that the soy protein in the IP foods may be too much soy for me, so I may have to modify a bit. He is really supportive and wonderful. But I need to do something to stay motivated after that result.
My week 5 wi is on Monday and I'm worried too. Didn't help that I did two restricteds accidentally yesterday. I have worked out 3 days this week (tue - thur) and hope that will even it out for me. But keep your chin up, we're supporting you to. Stay the course! I've been trying on clothes that fit me a year ago and am feeling a bit better. We're in this TOGETHER!!
Old 10-04-2013, 04:07 PM   #51  

Quote:

Happy Friday to all"
Whooo Hooooo to Youuuuuuu !!
Old 10-04-2013, 04:15 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 301/290/180

Height: 5'10

Quote:
That stinks!! But thank goodness you are working with someone who is so helpful and paying attention to what you need. I've seen too many horror stories around these parts! I'm thinking next week will be a big whoosh! for you!

Quote:

Happy Friday to all"
WooHOO!!! Super congrats!!!
Old 10-04-2013, 05:10 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Default Weight "GAIN"

Quote:
Zictory75 - I can understand how painful and unfair that weigh in was for you. When someone has been 100%, it is like an insult or a smack in the face.

That being said, do NOT let it change being 100% OP and determined. You cannot let a weird reading make you think that you are not doing well.

Hang in there is all I can say. I went through a period where I was having on fluids and I knew I was waaaayyyy down but that whole week I was on fluids showed NO progress.

Not logical, not right, not fair but just stay strong and talk to the people on here. They are more supportive than anyone I have ever encountered while trying to get healthy.
Old 10-04-2013, 05:50 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 325/312/190

Height: 5'6

Quote:

Happy Friday to all"

Way to go!! Happy Friday it is!
Old 10-04-2013, 05:53 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 403/376/165

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katluvsblues View Post
Whooo Hooooo to Youuuuuuu !!
Congrats! Wow!
Old 10-04-2013, 05:58 PM   #56  

Quote:
So awesome that your doc spent the time to prove to you that it isn't fat. So if it isn't fat, it is water or crap . We can't control all of that stuff. Nothing like your doc telling you you are full of crap

You are controlling what you can control...what you put in your mouth! The doggone scale is very fickle. It'll probably move when it becomes not so important.

I cut out all soy protein in January. Had quite a hissy fit about it b/c I was giving up most of my favorite IP foods. I switched to Syntrax Nectar, learned how to make my own pudding (syntrax, hersey's special dark cocoa, xanthan gum), used Quest Bars, Simply Whey Bars and Simply Chips for restricteds.

You have all the motivation you need. It is right in front of you. You are OP. You don't want to go back where you were.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katluvsblues View Post
Hi all. I realized too late yesterday that I had TWO restricted foods. I had the vanilla nut bar before swimming and then had the veggie chili for lunch. I hadn't had the chili since the first week and didn't remember it was on THE LIST. So, today I strive for no restricted to make up for it.
Best thing is just to stick to plan. If there are any mistakes, no need to penalize yourself, just stick to plan the following day. Every day is alearning experience. Most of us have done that at least once.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarita75 View Post
Thanks and will do re Facebook!!! Wish I could post photos here but I think the photo posting is down.
File attachments are down.
I upload my pics to flickr and then post the bbcode. That is still working

Last edited by lisa32989; 10-04-2013 at 05:58 PM.
Old 10-04-2013, 06:13 PM   #57  
On a mission!

S/C/G: 299/260/150

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
So awesome that your doc spent the time to prove to you that it isn't fat. So if it isn't fat, it is water or crap . We can't control all of that stuff. Nothing like your doc telling you you are full of

I cut out all soy protein in January. Had quite a hissy fit about it b/c I was giving up most of my favorite IP foods. I switched to Syntrax Nectar, learned how to make my own pudding (syntrax, hersey's special dark cocoa, xanthan gum), used Quest Bars, Simply Whey Bars and Simply Chips for restricteds.
Thank You!!!! Everyone!!! I also reviewed my journal again and realized I was down a bit on water too, so I have a plan and will persevere! And Lisa I am going to try your recipe for the pudding, do you add stevia? and how do you know what is the right serving size. I appear not to be able to pm yet, but I will try to once I have enough posts

Thanks again!
Old 10-04-2013, 06:33 PM   #58  

Quote:
Thank You!!!! Everyone!!! I also reviewed my journal again and realized I was down a bit on water too, so I have a plan and will persevere! And Lisa I am going to try your recipe for the pudding, do you add stevia? and how do you know what is the right serving size. I appear not to be able to pm yet, but I will try to once I have enough posts

Thanks again!
Well, I just figured a pudding shouldn't be more than 120 cals whatever carbs i figured when I did it.
Syntrax Chocolate truffle is 0 carbs/fat/100 cals
I added 1 tbsp dark cocoa (yes, cocoa is an ingredient in IP products)
I don't like things sweet so no stevia. The syntrax is sweet enuf
I had to play with the xanthan gum to get it right. I think I started with 1/4 tsp

It is important to know all the ins/outs of what is in the IP packets before doing a total packet reconstruct.
Old 10-04-2013, 08:22 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 179/152.4/135

Height: 5'4"

Quote:

Happy Friday to all"
YAY CONGRATS. I bet that felt amazing.
Old 10-04-2013, 08:37 PM   #60  

S/C/G: 212/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

all I've wanted today is a donut. When I walked into the office this morning I was greeted by Munchkins that someone brought in. I had a chocolate drink at lunch and it just didn't cut it. On our coffee run I stared down the donuts behind the counter. all i've wanted today is a sweet treat, but I didn't give in. I'm going to enjoy the heck out of a cookie dough bar tonight!!!!
Closed Thread