Help! Hit a plateau and need advise for getting past it.

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • Hooray!
    Quote: Hi Berteau,

I just posted this to the daily thread, but I had three weeks where my weight was steady (or a .1 loss), but then this week I had a 6.8 loss. I stayed entirely OP the whole time and knew I was losing inches, but not weight on the scale. Just hang in there, sometimes it takes a while for our bodies to catch up.
    Thank you for posting this for us so that we can reassure ourselves that, yes, our patience and persistence will pay off.

Congratulations to you for sticking through all those 0's and -.1s.
  • Good news!

After 3 weeks of staying the same/going slightly up, my WI today was down 3.6 lbs!

Not only is the scale heading in the right direction, but I'm down a total of 26 lbs gone since I started.

I've been making sure that I get the oil in, measure my veggies/meat, been switching up my IP foods and added an evening cup of Smooth Move tea.

Thanks for all your encouragement.
  • Quote: Good news!

After 3 weeks of staying the same/going slightly up, my WI today was down 3.6 lbs!

Not only is the scale heading in the right direction, but I'm down a total of 26 lbs gone since I started.

I've been making sure that I get the oil in, measure my veggies/meat, been switching up my IP foods and added an evening cup of Smooth Move tea.

Thanks for all your encouragement.
    Congratulations Berteau!!!
  • Congratulations to you berteau!
  • Awesome news! Congrats! Encouraging for this in our first month for sure. You had a woooosh.
  • Make sure you have not gone super low fat. Put your olive oil on your salad greens instead of using it to cook because it sticks to the greens and you get it all in. Also make sure that all of your real food protein choices are not very low fat, such as having chicken breast all the time.

For some reason the body needs some new fat to burn old fat.