Closed Thread

Old 09-11-2014, 03:05 PM   #466  
Started IP 6/14/12

S/C/G: 202.8/165/135

Height: 5'1"

Holding you and your family in my prayers, Kellyc.
Old 09-11-2014, 03:21 PM   #467  

S/C/G: 207/192/135

Height: 5'5"

Default Plateau already?!

I've been worrying that even though I'm already in week 3, my weight loss has slowed down. I don't cheat, and I do work out. I keep up with my water. Is it possible that my body is too used to the food already? Help!
Old 09-11-2014, 03:24 PM   #468  

S/C/G: 207/192/135

Height: 5'5"

Default P.s.

How do you change your current weight?
Old 09-11-2014, 05:04 PM   #469  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eamherstpat View Post
I've been worrying that even though I'm already in week 3, my weight loss has slowed down. I don't cheat, and I do work out. I keep up with my water. Is it possible that my body is too used to the food already? Help!
The first week is generally always your best loss thanks to water weight. The 3rd week can be a slow week traditionally because we lost so much the first two weeks. It's almost like your body is taking a bit of a break. Hang in there and just know some weeks will be better than others.
Quote:
Go up to the user CP (in the purple strip up above) and click on that. Then follow the links, it should be under edit profile.

Last edited by DanafromAustin; 09-11-2014 at 05:05 PM.
Old 09-11-2014, 08:06 PM   #470  

S/C/G: 217/182/165

Height: 5"4'

Your body won't get used to it, BUT, watch your exercise! Too much of the harder kind can actually slow down your fat loss!
Old 09-12-2014, 04:45 PM   #471  

Hope everyone is having a good Friday. First day off of the soy and my stomach does feel a little better. My oncologist doesn't want me having anymore due to my two cases of estrogen driven cancer. She's a big fan of IP, but she doesn't want me having any soy isolate because of the cancer. She recommended doing this with whole foods first and then as a back up find non soy products. Challenging, but not impossible.
Old 09-12-2014, 04:57 PM   #472  
6/26/12 start 355

S/C/G: see tracker

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanafromAustin View Post
Hope everyone is having a good Friday. First day off of the soy and my stomach does feel a little better. My oncologist doesn't want me having anymore due to my two cases of estrogen driven cancer. She's a big fan of IP, but she doesn't want me having any soy isolate because of the cancer. She recommended doing this with whole foods first and then as a back up find non soy products. Challenging, but not impossible.
Hi Dana,
I'm glad you are feeling a little better. I hope this does the trick for you feeling well and staying cancer free! I know Lisa is doing IP without Soy, but I hear you saying whole foods. I am doing IP mainly with P2 protocol and having a lot of success with it so far, but I have a lot to lose so who knows how it would work for others. I may need to slip on into P1 more on the later half of my journey. Stay well whatever you do!
Old 09-12-2014, 07:16 PM   #473  
started 2/22/11

S/C/G: 233/184/165

Height: 5' 7.5"

Quote:
Click on User CP (control panel) on the top left. Then click on Edit Profile.
Scroll down and you will see your stats under Additional Info.
Old 09-13-2014, 12:04 AM   #474  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfagain View Post
Hi Dana,
I'm glad you are feeling a little better. I hope this does the trick for you feeling well and staying cancer free! I know Lisa is doing IP without Soy, but I hear you saying whole foods. I am doing IP mainly with P2 protocol and having a lot of success with it so far, but I have a lot to lose so who knows how it would work for others. I may need to slip on into P1 more on the later half of my journey. Stay well whatever you do!
I think it will look a little more like phase 2 for me also if I can even lose the weight. Either way it's okay because I will be feeding myself healthy food which is really the bottom line for me anyway. That and exercise is really what it's all about for me.
Old 09-13-2014, 07:07 AM   #475  

Quote:
Have you ever read the South Beach Diet or Atkins? They're both low carb. Atkins allows me too much food. Then there is also John's favorite, Lyle McDonald. He has a free booklet. It is written a lot like John writes
Old 09-13-2014, 07:24 AM   #476  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
I think it will look a little more like phase 2 for me also if I can even lose the weight. Either way it's okay because I will be feeding myself healthy food which is really the bottom line for me anyway. That and exercise is really what it's all about for me.
Dana, just have to tell you how much I admire your determination and attitude. You are such a strong person. And you're right - feeding and treating yourself right is the ultimate goal.
Old 09-13-2014, 11:01 AM   #477  
6/26/12 start 355

S/C/G: see tracker

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Sounds like a great. I know getting the unhealthy foods off the menu is a huge step just seeing how many of those are out readily available.
Old 09-13-2014, 03:30 PM   #478  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Have you ever read the South Beach Diet or Atkins? They're both low carb. Atkins allows me too much food. Then there is also John's favorite, Lyle McDonald. He has a free booklet. It is written a lot like John writes
I have lost on Atkins before and I'm familiar with South Beach and Lyle McDonald. I don't think there is a diet out there that I'm not familiar with. LOL Thanks for great feedback.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post
Dana, just have to tell you how much I admire your determination and attitude. You are such a strong person. And you're right - feeding and treating yourself right is the ultimate goal.
Thank you for your kind words. Life has definitely been challenging this past year, but as we know... when life gives you lemons make lemonade. I have been very lucky in both of my cancer diagnosis in that they were both caught very early and in both cases I opted for surgery so no other procedures were necessary. Now it's all about taking care of my body.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfagain View Post
Sounds like a great. I know getting the unhealthy foods off the menu is a huge step just seeing how many of those are out readily available.
I am now a BIG believer in that healthy foods will heal the body. It's all in the fruits and veggies.
Old 09-13-2014, 11:26 PM   #479  
oneuh2

S/C/G: reboot 1/10/2023 238/175/160

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellyc14 View Post
Thank you! I don't know, this has been weighing heavily on my heart all night. I need to push it out of my mind until he gets his test results on Friday and then deal with it. At that point I have some choices to make. IF the prognosis isn't good I want to move to Florida. I want to be there for him. Thank you for your thoughts and prayers, it means a lot to me.
My heart goes out to you! Taking these kind of things one day at a time is what has worked for me. You and your dad will be my thoughts and prayers.
Old 09-15-2014, 10:49 AM   #480  

HI Everyone. My name is Terry and I started IP 5 days ago. I'm really encouraged that I see movement on the scales immediately which is very reinforcing to me.

I know there will come a time when I get discouraged, the scale doesn't move as fast or I get more complacent as I get closer to my goal weight. That's why I know being connected to a support group is so important to get you through those days when you feel alone and discouraged.

I have introduced myself in one of the other IP threads but this one seems even more specifically geared for me since I'm 60 and can share not only the IP journey but the life journey with others at this age.

I just moved to Austin TX in July and don't have a lot of friends here yet but am ready to branch out and meet people.

I hope everyone has a great week this week and I look forward to getting to know you all better.

Thanks - Terry
Closed Thread