Closed Thread

Old 09-07-2014, 02:14 PM   #421  
restart 5/27/14

S/C/G: 197.4/161.6/150

Height: 5'5"

I am 53 so I guess I belong here too. I am also peri. Hot flashes all day and night. I have had some symptoms for maybe three years but my monthly friend stopped about 8 months ago. Happy for that but the hot flashes are miserable. I have a few friends I can talk about it to but, most of them have had hysterectomies so they are dealing with different things. Most of my friends have shot but I do not take anything or do the shots.
Old 09-07-2014, 02:37 PM   #422  

S/C/G: restart 9/2/14

I can't really say that losing weight has been that much harder after turning middle age. Last time on IP I lost 95 pounds in less than 8 months which isn't too shabby. Unfortunately keeping it off was another story. But I'm back again because I HAVE to keep it off this time if I want to live a long and quality type of life. Even with being very overweight I was always totally healthy till I hit my 50's and then everything went in the garbage. Hopefully with losing weight again and this time knowing what it takes to keep it off will make a difference. At least it can't hurt.
Old 09-07-2014, 04:41 PM   #423  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemma51 View Post
I am 53 so I guess I belong here too. I am also peri. Hot flashes all day and night. I have had some symptoms for maybe three years but my monthly friend stopped about 8 months ago. Happy for that but the hot flashes are miserable. I have a few friends I can talk about it to but, most of them have had hysterectomies so they are dealing with different things. Most of my friends have shot but I do not take anything or do the shots.
Welcome to the group. I highly recommend 2 tbsp. of organic apple cider vinegar in the AM and again in the PM. It's helped my hot flashes by about 80 percent. Make sure the ACV is organic and has the mother. The brand Braggs is one of the best. You can take the ACV straight followed by water or another way is mix the acv in about 6 to 8oz of warm water and even throw in a packet of stevia to help sweeten it. It's healthy, all natural and ACV is so good for your body anyway. I swear by it.

And this is why we need a group for 50 and older women. We can talk about IP and our hot flashes. LOL
Old 09-07-2014, 05:08 PM   #424  
IP Start 6/17/14

S/C/G: 216/160.8/160.0

I'm part of this group too. Turned 53 in July. Lots of threads to follow now. Can't really comment on the hot flashes etc. My "friend" stopped a few years ago (maybe 5?) and I have had no symptoms, no hot flashes etc. My mom was the same; she had a baby at 45 yrs old and never had a period again. Not sure which would be worse.....hot flashes or a baby at that age!
Old 09-07-2014, 06:24 PM   #425  
restart 5/27/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanafromAustin View Post
Welcome to the group. I highly recommend 2 tbsp. of organic apple cider vinegar in the AM and again in the PM. It's helped my hot flashes by about 80 percent. Make sure the ACV is organic and has the mother. The brand Braggs is one of the best. You can take the ACV straight followed by water or another way is mix the acv in about 6 to 8oz of warm water and even throw in a packet of stevia to help sweeten it. It's healthy, all natural and ACV is so good for your body anyway. I swear by it.

And this is why we need a group for 50 and older women. We can talk about IP and our hot flashes. LOL
I have two tbsp in the salad dressing I make everyday for my lunch salad. I will try to do it in the evening too. Thanks

I think it it much easier to gain at my age. Just my opinion.
Old 09-07-2014, 06:49 PM   #426  
Stanski

S/C/G: 152/144/130

Height: 5'4"

I'm 58 and finally taking charge of my yoyo dieting. I'm down just over 20lbs since 7/14/14. I know my metabolism is slower now that I'm older, and on IP I loose 1 or 2 lbs per week...good enough for me...slow and steady. In regard to the hot flashes...I went through the menopause at 55, and suffered from severe hot flashes during and after. But, since I've been on IP, my hot flashes have diminished considerably....instead of one every one or two hours (and they were extreemly hot), now I get maybe one or two a day, and they are very mild. Another benefit of this diet. WoooooHooooo!!!!!
Old 09-07-2014, 07:29 PM   #427  

S/C/G: 206/186/160

Height: 5"2

Hello ladies, good to see so many here, I too lost 79 lbs in 2012 and slowly regained 53 lbs. So the day after Easter 2014 I went back to IP, made a huge order of alternative products and have lost 42 lbs so far, WI is monday mornings for me, hoping for a good WI. This time I have been walking faithfully and feel great. So here we all are GOOD for us!
Old 09-07-2014, 10:00 PM   #428  
6/26/12 start 355

S/C/G: see tracker

Height: 5'9"

Nice to see so many new faces as well as so many long time friends posting this weekend. I had a hysterectomy at 42, but with ovaries still in charge of hormones I get to experience hot flashes. I'll give the BACV a try, thanks for the tip.
Old 09-07-2014, 10:14 PM   #429  

S/C/G: 217/182/165

Height: 5"4'

Very excited to find this thread!
I am 57 and I have been over weight since I hit puberty with the exception of a few months here and there.
Bummed I didn't learn all I'm learning before now, but happy that I am finally a normal size.

Last edited by Mad4Lean; 09-07-2014 at 10:17 PM.
Old 09-08-2014, 12:05 AM   #430  

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhZoe View Post
I'm part of this group too. Turned 53 in July. Lots of threads to follow now. Can't really comment on the hot flashes etc. My "friend" stopped a few years ago (maybe 5?) and I have had no symptoms, no hot flashes etc. My mom was the same; she had a baby at 45 yrs old and never had a period again. Not sure which would be worse.....hot flashes or a baby at that age!
My last baby was born when I was 41 years old. Wouldn't t trade him for anything, but not easy having a 16 year old teenage boy at 57.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yesmyqueen View Post
Hello ladies, good to see so many here, I too lost 79 lbs in 2012 and slowly regained 53 lbs. So the day after Easter 2014 I went back to IP, made a huge order of alternative products and have lost 42 lbs so far, WI is monday mornings for me, hoping for a good WI. This time I have been walking faithfully and feel great. So here we all are GOOD for us!
So happy to see you again.

Not sure who is new or who is old here except for a few names I recognize from my early days on IP because I've been gone for awhile. So I'll say WELCOME to everyone . Hope this group becomes active again.

Old 09-08-2014, 08:42 AM   #431  

S/C/G: 206/186/160

Height: 5"2

Really really GOOD morning, hello to all. WI today and down 4.1/2 pounds, so happy about that. I knew a good one was coming soon because the last two have been 0 and 1, so anyone out there remember this IP is working no matter what the scale says plus those were hopefully one of my last ladies days or weeks, here I was thinking It was finished and mother nature zaped me with a almost 2 weeker but all worth it now.

Im just really am glad to see so many new names here with the same problems and goals, together we will stay strong. One month, one week ,one day, one hour, one minute, one second one bite at a time. Rock on!!!!!!
Old 09-08-2014, 10:26 AM   #432  
restart 5/27/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanafromAustin View Post
My last baby was born when I was 41 years old. Wouldn't t trade him for anything, but not easy having a 16 year old teenage boy at 57.

So happy to see you again.

Not sure who is new or who is old here except for a few names I recognize from my early days on IP because I've been gone for awhile. So I'll say WELCOME to everyone . Hope this group becomes active again.

I am a few years younger than you but, I also have a 16 year old. Three other kids 29,26,21,16. Yes it's a challenge being a widower that never worked during my marriage.
Old 09-08-2014, 11:24 AM   #433  

Take Bioflanoids with vitamin C 500mg will stop in just a few days. Really.
Old 09-08-2014, 11:28 AM   #434  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Quote:
Originally Posted by classykaren View Post
What will stop in just a few days? Your period for the month, or permanently (haha, I wish - Bioflavanoids & Vit C don't work that way for me - I take 1000 mg a day suggested by my MD). Wow, what a find if it does work for you! Interesting concept I've never heard before. How'd you stumble across it? Maybe it will work for the others, too.

Liana
Old 09-08-2014, 11:46 AM   #435  
restart 5/27/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by classykaren View Post
Hot flashes??
Closed Thread