Closed Thread

Old 07-09-2014, 10:10 PM   #301  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by dak1lls View Post
Hello Fabulous Fifties! It's official, I joined the group officially June 7th! Woo Hoo! I feel better now than I did in my forties for sure. What a difference a year makes. Last May13th I started IP with the goal of losing 50 lbs before I turned 50. I never really dreamed it was possible, but I was so ready. I have successfully been maintaining since October. I am ever thankful for IP and this site. I don't post often lately, but still pop in to read from time to time. It is nice to be with a group with so much in common and I appreciate the posts from all of you.

Have a great day!
dak1lls - it is funny to hear you be so excited about joining the "older" group! I do agree with you about feeling better know than in the last decade. Over a hundred pounds less, more active and my husband is finally admitting in his few-word-fashion that he is proud of me.

Turning the big 60 has turned out to be a heck of a lot less traumatic than I thought it might be. I can wear summer clothes...white jeans, short skirts, heeled sandals. Personal life may be changing in a BIG way soon such that we will have plenty of time to relax and enjoy life in a way we never imagined. Life is good at over 50!
Old 07-09-2014, 11:16 PM   #302  
Start IP 08/11 at 213

S/C/G: restart 173/152/150

Height: 5'7" & shrinking 70 years old!

Igerl - Welcome! To IP and 'fifty-plus'

Sounds like you have decided it is time to take care of yourself for a bit. Love your attitude!

After 50 is a wonderful time to take stock & take charge. A new chapter has begun for you - Congratulations!!
Old 07-10-2014, 12:43 PM   #303  

S/C/G: 206/186/160

Height: 5"2

Hi ladies just wanted to say hey, doing good and feeling good I love this way of eating! welcome new ladies, your in the right place
Old 07-11-2014, 11:48 AM   #304  
6/26/12 start 355

S/C/G: see tracker

Height: 5'9"

I'm glad I got restarted at least when I did. Turns out I need to fly unexpectedly Sunday for a 5 hour flight. While flying this heavy is really hard with seat sizes, etc, I'm so thankful I'm at least down 30 lbs from where I was. It will be no picnic but I'm not dreading it as I would have been 6 weeks ago had this come up. Hotels were full looking at the full window of my trip so I couldn't be as choosey. I ended up staying in one hotel for three days, and then moving to a hotel I've stayed at before that I know has the fridge and microwave for the remainder of the two weeks. I'll miss hubby, son, and our miniature schnauzer - but they'll hold down the fort at home and water the garden and the hanging baskets.

I did a trip to Goodwill and Value Village looking for some business clothing to supplement what I already have. I didn't have much luck, so ended up shopping sales and found a few things. I think I'm all set with clothing. Even got some new summary shoes (flats, with mesh over toes) in a blue/gray color. Now to get my hair cut, and I'll probably put some color in it. I was going to go natural but - not sure I'm ready to go in front of executives in my company with 1/2 natural and 1/2 color.

I have a bunch of WF salad dressing packets. I was just thinking they might be getting old - when would I use those..... LOL silly me. I'll pack a good big plastic air tight tub for salad making, with a good perry knife and a small cutting board. the first hotel I need to call and see if they have a fridge, otherwise I need to invest in a Styrofoam cooler for veggies for those first days. I may need one anyway with the hotel swap as my stuff will be in a hot car during the work day on swap day. - or I need to time it right where I don't have much to keep cool (that may be the better option).

Anyhow if you don't hear from me for a few days, I'm getting my jet lag and time zone squared up.

Barb
Old 07-11-2014, 01:38 PM   #305  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfagain View Post
I'm glad I got restarted at least when I did. Turns out I need to fly unexpectedly Sunday for a 5 hour flight. While flying this heavy is really hard with seat sizes, etc, I'm so thankful I'm at least down 30 lbs from where I was. It will be no picnic but I'm not dreading it as I would have been 6 weeks ago had this come up. Hotels were full looking at the full window of my trip so I couldn't be as choosey. I ended up staying in one hotel for three days, and then moving to a hotel I've stayed at before that I know has the fridge and microwave for the remainder of the two weeks. I'll miss hubby, son, and our miniature schnauzer - but they'll hold down the fort at home and water the garden and the hanging baskets.

I did a trip to Goodwill and Value Village looking for some business clothing to supplement what I already have. I didn't have much luck, so ended up shopping sales and found a few things. I think I'm all set with clothing. Even got some new summary shoes (flats, with mesh over toes) in a blue/gray color. Now to get my hair cut, and I'll probably put some color in it. I was going to go natural but - not sure I'm ready to go in front of executives in my company with 1/2 natural and 1/2 color.

I have a bunch of WF salad dressing packets. I was just thinking they might be getting old - when would I use those..... LOL silly me. I'll pack a good big plastic air tight tub for salad making, with a good perry knife and a small cutting board. the first hotel I need to call and see if they have a fridge, otherwise I need to invest in a Styrofoam cooler for veggies for those first days. I may need one anyway with the hotel swap as my stuff will be in a hot car during the work day on swap day. - or I need to time it right where I don't have much to keep cool (that may be the better option).

Anyhow if you don't hear from me for a few days, I'm getting my jet lag and time zone squared up.

Barb
Hope you have a safe trip, it sounds like you have a great plan to keep eating right, good for you.
Got my walk in this morning but I sure am feeling puffed (TIM) lol.
Old 07-11-2014, 01:53 PM   #306  

S/C/G: 266/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5

Quote:

Barb
Do not drink out of the glasses in the hotel rooms!!! I just watched an undercover video that recorded 4 separate hotels and you'd be grossed out at what they did to the glasses!!!! Very unsanitary and Nasty!!!! So please bring paper cups!!
Old 07-11-2014, 03:28 PM   #307  

S/C/G: 205/196.2/155

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by westwillow View Post
Sounds like you have decided it is time to take care of yourself for a bit.
Thank you for the welcome.

This time of life has been interesting - but I don't think anything is getting less stressful. I need to find a way to enjoy each day. I'm consciously trying to smile more even when I don't feel like it.

I have tried accepting myself at 200+ lbs., but it does not work. I know I can feel better and I know I can be healthier. I have used food to calm myself from stress, but as we know, I just feel worse when I overeat or make poor choices.

I enjoy my garden and have been taking multiple walks talking to and touching my flowers and plants - it seems to help!
Old 07-11-2014, 03:31 PM   #308  

S/C/G: 205/196.2/155

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Hi Igerl, Welcome! I'm glad you are feeling better. The first few days are the worst for getting foggy thinking and headaches etc. You have the right attitude for sure.

Barb
Thank you Barb! I was counting on the headaches meaning I was doing something right! Much better yesterday and today!
Trying to get psyched to make it through the weekend without cracking. My weekday routine is somewhat easier to manage on IP I think.

~Lori
Old 07-11-2014, 05:50 PM   #309  
Start IP 08/11 at 213

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgerl View Post
I enjoy my garden and have been taking multiple walks talking to and touching my flowers and plants - it seems to help!
What a great choice as a way to calm & care for yourself, rather than eating something you really don't need (or really want, either!). Self-hugs, however they manifest, are wonderful - you have given me a good reminder to do the same.

When you are practising smiling, consider including smiling to yourself in the mirror - you are worth it
Old 07-11-2014, 05:56 PM   #310  
Start IP 08/11 at 213

[QUOTE=Halfagain;5039178]I'm glad I got restarted at least when I did.

What a fine example of planning ahead - you have done so much good preparing!

Hope your trip goes well & you don't have too much trouble with jetlag. I hope you have some time at the other end to get oriented.

You sound so positive - way to go! Your threads will be here for you
Old 07-11-2014, 10:47 PM   #311  
6/26/12 start 355

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellyc14 View Post
Do not drink out of the glasses in the hotel rooms!!! I just watched an undercover video that recorded 4 separate hotels and you'd be grossed out at what they did to the glasses!!!! Very unsanitary and Nasty!!!! So please bring paper cups!!
You convinced me. I have to bring a coffee and water cup for the office anyway. They are a "green" office - so free coffee/ice water - but nothing to drink it out of :-)
Old 07-12-2014, 12:05 AM   #312  
6/26/12 start 355

[QUOTE=westwillow;5039355]
Quote:
I'm glad I got restarted at least when I did.

What a fine example of planning ahead - you have done so much good preparing!

Hope your trip goes well & you don't have too much trouble with jetlag. I hope you have some time at the other end to get oriented.

You sound so positive - way to go! Your threads will be here for you
Thank you. I called both hotels today. Both have at least a mini fridge in the room. I should be all set. I know where the Kroger store is, and bought some quest bars to put in my computer bag as fallback if I get too tempted by the table o'carbs these internal meetings seem to always present. If I can just arrive early enough to not have to sit next to it!
Old 07-12-2014, 07:32 AM   #313  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgerl View Post
Thank you Barb! I was counting on the headaches meaning I was doing something right! Much better yesterday and today!
Trying to get psyched to make it through the weekend without cracking. My weekday routine is somewhat easier to manage on IP I think.

~Lori
I found weekends harder than workdays too on P1! But I got lots of house cleaning, organizing, yardwork, etc., done. Sometimes just keeping busy really helps. And if all else fails, naps are great!
Old 07-14-2014, 01:40 AM   #314  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

[QUOTE=Halfagain;5039480]
Quote:
Originally Posted by westwillow View Post
Thank you. I called both hotels today. Both have at least a mini fridge in the room. I should be all set. I know where the Kroger store is, and bought some quest bars to put in my computer bag as fallback if I get too tempted by the table o'carbs these internal meetings seem to always present. If I can just arrive early enough to not have to sit next to it!
When my DH & I head out of town we always pack a 12 volt mini fridge (cooler size) with a converter for plugging into a wall in the hotel room. That way stuff stays cold while you drive (plugged into the car outlet/lighter) and no matter what hotel you are in you can plunk it on the floor and plug it in to the wall. Works like a charm and we've never had any problem with the management or cleaning staff. The only time we don't take it is if we are camping. We even take it when we head to family homes & just want to clean out our fridge & not waste anything. They are easy to find in a Canadian Tire/Walmart or similar bigbox store like those. Cost about $140.00 depending on what size you get. We've had ours for several years.
http://koolatrononline.stores.yahoo....s-warmers.html

Liana
Old 07-14-2014, 12:31 PM   #315  

Happy monday! Had my monday WI and droped 3 lbs, so happy about that after 2 weeks of only 1 lb losses. That makes 30 since May 22, Im on my way back down yea! I really love this way of eating makes me really question why I let my weight get out of hand heres to keeping it off.
Closed Thread