Closed Thread

Old 04-07-2014, 10:54 AM   #211  

S/C/G: 255/236.20/150

Height: 5'4"

Here's another black wearer... part of my reasoning was that it was simpler and cheaper to have a few pairs of black pants, then only buy tops that could be worn with black. I hated to spend a lot on clothes because I would tell myself, "I'm going to lose weight, so don't spend a lot on clothes this size."

Well, I've worn mostly black for YEARS.

So, I look forward to one day choosing things in pretty colors and buying quality items that will last because I plan to stay at that size.
Old 04-07-2014, 11:46 AM   #212  

S/C/G: 195.4/182.5/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yayalaine View Post
Here's another black wearer... part of my reasoning was that it was simpler and cheaper to have a few pairs of black pants, then only buy tops that could be worn with black. I hated to spend a lot on clothes because I would tell myself, "I'm going to lose weight, so don't spend a lot on clothes this size."

Well, I've worn mostly black for YEARS.

So, I look forward to one day choosing things in pretty colors and buying quality items that will last because I plan to stay at that size.
I hear you about "not buying in this size" I have done this for years now.....as a result I have a very pathetic wardrobe. I was a nurse for 35 yrs so didn't have to buy dress clothes for work. I always say to myself "don't buy that because you are going to lose the weight and then you can get new clothes" I bought the Beck Diet Book and am hoping I can rehabilitate my inner voice.
Old 04-07-2014, 03:26 PM   #213  

Schenectady:
I, too, have bought clothes I never used to wear. I wear much more color now and the items I've purchased for summer are even brighter! I took advanage of a great Coldwater Creek sale a few weeks ago. But prior to that, I spent a lot of time at resale shops. It is AMAZING the deals I found!

Congrats on going out-of-the-box
Old 04-07-2014, 04:59 PM   #214  
P4

S/C/G: 238 highest--IP197/165/165

Default Hippie

I've been wearing blue jeans my whole adult life so have a lot of ladies t-shirts to go with them. I'm lucky enough to be able to wear jeans to work.
When I was heavier, I almost always wore a big shirt or something over them. Now I'm wearing the t-shirt. (Unless that darn AC is drafty.)

Yeah, black slacks have been the go-to for something other than jeans. My next slacks are going to be something besides black. I'm not ready for lime green just yet but I should be able to handle a nice blue.
Old 04-07-2014, 06:11 PM   #215  

S/C/G: 169/162.4/135

Default IP one more time?

Hello all!

I am spending my last 6 months in my fifties and I would love to drop 30 lbs before I see 60! So with that said, I just made an appointment with an IP clinic for tomorrow. I would love to do alternatives but I am just not that knowledgeable about the dos and don'ts. I am also a person that gives up easily. I beat myself up, I feel like its hopeless and truthfully giving up food takes away a lot of my joy! That is horrible to admit! . I love to bake and people are always requesting one of my concoctions. When I bake, I EAT!
Old 04-07-2014, 10:12 PM   #216  

S/C/G: 255/236.20/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got2benow View Post
Hello all!

I am spending my last 6 months in my fifties and I would love to drop 30 lbs before I see 60! So with that said, I just made an appointment with an IP clinic for tomorrow. I would love to do alternatives but I am just not that knowledgeable about the dos and don'ts. I am also a person that gives up easily. I beat myself up, I feel like its hopeless and truthfully giving up food takes away a lot of my joy! That is horrible to admit! . I love to bake and people are always requesting one of my concoctions. When I bake, I EAT!
Oh, I am a baker, too! I love to take homemade cookies, cakes, cheesecakes, pies, etc. to work and put in the office for people to snack on. I get requests all the time.... But, I have not baked anything since I started this program. I just can't right now... don't trust myself, am afraid it will get me craving things I can't have.
Old 04-07-2014, 10:55 PM   #217  
P4

S/C/G: 238 highest--IP197/165/165

Default Cookie dough

Quote:
Oh, I am a baker, too! I love to take homemade cookies, cakes, cheesecakes, pies, etc. to work and put in the office for people to snack on. I get requests all the time.... But, I have not baked anything since I started this program. I just can't right now... don't trust myself, am afraid it will get me craving things I can't have.
I can resist packages of cookies that my DH has stashed somewhere (don't want to know where) but making cookies from scratch would really set me back. Let them buy their cakes or make their own.
Old 04-08-2014, 01:50 AM   #218  
Loving Ideal Protein!

S/C/G: 252/ticker/130

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Hello all!

Welcome aboard, Got2benow,

I always gave up easily on diets...

it's so much easier for me to stick with IP due to the quick results.

I think many of us on the board, including me, used to get a lot of our 'joy' from food.

But now there is waaaaaaaaaaaay more joy in the results...

You can do this!
Old 04-08-2014, 10:06 AM   #219  

Wink

Quote:
So glad to know I am not alone! And yes, I cannot be trusted if something hot comes out of the oven!
Old 04-08-2014, 10:07 AM   #220  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tisado View Post
I can resist packages of cookies that my DH has stashed somewhere (don't want to know where) but making cookies from scratch would really set me back. Let them buy their cakes or make their own.
Good advise, I may lose a few friends but I may find out who the real ones are! Lol.
Old 04-08-2014, 10:12 AM   #221  

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPCali View Post
Welcome aboard, Got2benow,

I always gave up easily on diets...

it's so much easier for me to stick with IP due to the quick results.

I think many of us on the board, including me, used to get a lot of our 'joy' from food.

But now there is waaaaaaaaaaaay more joy in the results...

You can do this!

Thank you so much for your encouragement! I look forward to a day that I can control my food and not the other way around! I can see already that this board is going to be a tremendous help to me!
Old 04-08-2014, 08:06 PM   #222  

S/C/G: 202.5/191/170

Height: 5'9"

Got2benow I am in Louisiana also. Started IP March 24th. I know someone doing alternative but like you I decided to do the real thing. How was your appointment yesterday? First week is hardest- just eat your lettuce and vegetables and drink your water and it wont be unbearable. Don't give up.
Old 04-09-2014, 08:57 AM   #223  

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmy55 View Post
Got2benow I am in Louisiana also. Started IP March 24th. I know someone doing alternative but like you I decided to do the real thing. How was your appointment yesterday? First week is hardest- just eat your lettuce and vegetables and drink your water and it wont be unbearable. Don't give up.
After spending a great deal of time on this board, I called and cancelled! I had already signed up with an IP Clinic once before and received no coaching. They would let me shop and spend money for food and supplements and out the door!

So, I am giving this a try on my own and with the help and knowledge of those that have already walked in my shoes.

I do think going to a clinic with good coaches would be a great benefit and I wis you great luck!

We are all fighting the same battle!

Have a great day!!
Old 04-09-2014, 08:07 PM   #224  

On a podcast I heard today, the person said this:

Yummy food is Cheap, easy, convenient and destroys our health

Time to redefine yummy!

Last edited by lisa32989; 04-09-2014 at 08:11 PM.
Old 04-09-2014, 08:32 PM   #225  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Quote:
After spending a great deal of time on this board, I called and cancelled! I had already signed up with an IP Clinic once before and received no coaching. They would let me shop and spend money for food and supplements and out the door!

So, I am giving this a try on my own and with the help and knowledge of those that have already walked in my shoes.

I do think going to a clinic with good coaches would be a great benefit and I wis you great luck!

We are all fighting the same battle!

Have a great day!!
We've got your back, come here for your coaching, you will do great and have all that extra money to buy new clothes
Closed Thread