Closed Thread

Old 12-05-2013, 08:59 AM   #121  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by katenh View Post
Congratulations! Laughing over the lack of natural insulation..me too! Invested in a few down coats at the consignment shop and a heated blanket to get me through the New England winters. I too have the same goal, snow shoeing with the husband and looking forward to actually getting out there and having some fun!
I bought fleece lined leggings the other day - they are great! We've hit a cold snap and they have really helped.
Old 12-07-2013, 11:33 AM   #122  
IPA

S/C/G: 255.4/251.2/180

Height: 5'5"

Hi Ladies..it's been a long, long time. I think the last time I logged in was last year sometime. I just wanted to see how everyone was doing and OMG, Lisa you look wonderful. What a difference in your photos. Congrats!!!

I finally made goal after a long, long bout of not losing anything. I eventually had to jump start my carb intake and broke through that barrier after 8 weeks of not losing anything. Happily I am now doing a maintenance plan that works for me. It came down to me giving up certain foods that seem to trigger "overindulging."

Since the last visit here, I moved, changed jobs and my child graduated from college and is now working on her Master's. It never ends.

Just wanted to shout out to everyone! Have a wonderful Holiday season!

Ali
Old 12-12-2013, 01:05 PM   #123  
Workin' It

S/C/G: 205/186(IP)/159/150

Height: 5'6"

Glad to hear everyone is layering up and surviving this cold weather. Planning on getting the annual Christmas letter going today...at least I won't be trying to find a pic that hides my belly this year I haven't weighed in a week, which is huge for me...I hopped on the scale everyday and sometimes multiple times a day. Just trusting the plan and how I feel. Maybe I'll get a nice surprise the next time I step on the scale or maybe not. Wishing all you lovely ladies the best! Ho...ho...ho!
Old 12-15-2013, 10:42 PM   #124  

I've been reading these posts on IP and wonder if all have had success in keeping their weight loss off. Was this a program you did at an office or on your own? My chiro use to offer it which is why I'm curious if it's the same thing.

I have yo yo'd way too many times and need to find something that will work with my 57 year old body. I also have fibromyalgia and hypothyroid. But need to do something about this weight I really don't want to be carrying around.
Old 12-15-2013, 11:07 PM   #125  

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemi2 View Post
I've been reading these posts on IP and wonder if all have had success in keeping their weight loss off. Was this a program you did at an office or on your own? My chiro use to offer it which is why I'm curious if it's the same thing.

I have yo yo'd way too many times and need to find something that will work with my 57 year old body. I also have fibromyalgia and hypothyroid. But need to do something about this weight I really don't want to be carrying around.
You may want to take a look at the maintainers thread
Not everyone who loses weight to goal here sticks around for maintainers thread. Ongoing participating in this community can be time consuming

Here is my take, as one who has previously lost 100 and regained most of it, never reaching goal:

One must go into a diet plan (which is short term) with an eye on the future (long term). I chose IP because of the maintenance support offered. I failed at maintenance on my own before and did not want to repeat the cycle. Any diet plan can work to get weight off but maintenance is a whole different thing. I dont blame Atkins b/c I didn't maintain my weight loss, I blame myself in not learning new habits that would help me keep it off.

If lifestyle changes aren't made, maintenance won't happen. Period.
IPs phase 4 is for life. It is a way to eat and live within boundaries with food. I got morbidly obese because I lost all sense of boundary. I've spent the past year and a half re-learning limits.
Old 12-17-2013, 10:09 AM   #126  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

I had a nice conversation with the doctor yesterday at my physical so I thought I would review with him my plans regarding my weight. I knew that my goal of 160 was probably higher than those delightful insurance type weight charts but wanted his opinion since I have known him for many years and many weights.

He is happy with 160 - it is on the wrong side of the best BMI at 25% but he feels that if I am eating well, getting exercise and feel good with good lab work that is fine for me. At my age, we are just not as perky and lithe as we could have been while younger, so I am happy with that. Nice to know that I can strive for that as opposed to the lower weights many of the charts show.
Old 12-17-2013, 09:03 PM   #127  

That is such great news, Schenectady! It is good that you have a good relationship with your doctor and can come to this together.

The scale they use at my clinic has a readout and it says I should weigh 128.8, which is a bit less than my 140. I will wait until I get in the neighborhood before I decide.

Lisa, I really agree with you!

I have stayed at the same weight for 3 weeks of weigh ins. My coach suggested I might want to do all non-restricted foods for a week to see if that gets me moving down again, so I am doing that. I am not upset with this little stall at all. I am amazed that I will be very close if not make it to losing ONE HUNDRED POUNDS after a year on IP. The most amazing thing is that it does not seem that long and it has not been that bad. People are now all saying that I have such incredible will power but I don't feel like I do. It was actually harder when I was trying so hard to do WW and exercising an hour and day and not seeing the scale move!!!
Old 12-18-2013, 01:39 PM   #128  

Height: 5'8"

Double nickel (55). Can't wait until I start the IP Alternate Plan!
Old 12-18-2013, 07:51 PM   #129  

S/C/G: 206/186/160

Height: 5"2

Hi for those of you who remember me, just letting you know I'll be coming back soon, gained back too much and will be needing you all, probably in a few weeks like New Years, IP rocks I know, but only if you really live it for life and I haved not and paid the price. Any way see you soon! Teena
Old 12-21-2013, 10:37 PM   #130  

I made it at today's weigh in--100.2 pounds lost! This is an amazing Christmas present for me this week.
Old 12-21-2013, 10:37 PM   #131  

Welcome back, Teena!
Old 12-22-2013, 08:34 AM   #132  
Started IP 11/13/2013

S/C/G: 185/140/128

Height: 5 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldilocksinct View Post
I made it at today's weigh in--100.2 pounds lost! This is an amazing Christmas present for me this week.
Merry Christmas! That is so awesome!!!: rudolph:

Last edited by calypso58; 12-22-2013 at 08:34 AM.
Old 12-22-2013, 08:56 AM   #133  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldilocksinct View Post
Welcome to the club! Congratulations!
Old 12-30-2013, 08:10 PM   #134  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Goldilocksinct - sincere and loud congratulations on the loss of over 100 pounds. You should hear me cheering across country! What an incredible achievement.

Teena - hang in there with this site and you will be back where you want to be in no time. There are such wonderful people on here who will give you support, encouragement and answers, even though they have reached their own goals. What a great gift they are!
Old 01-01-2014, 10:23 PM   #135  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Hoping someone here has gone through this and can share their experience.

I went off my hormone replacement therapy right after starting IP (had a total hysterectomy back in '06). Was doing fine until a couple of months ago and started having horrid hot flashes and night sweats - I figured it was odd starting up 5 months after I stopped the HRT. So the doc put me back on a low dose HRT - her feeling is that with all the changes my body has gone through it just took longer to get the menopausal symptoms and made them more severe.

Anybody have any words of wisdom a far as HRT slowing weight loss or has it not made any difference at all? Or am I just a really bad worrywart? I know I need to do the HRT if I want some decent sleep, but I worry anyway.

Last edited by Ruth Ann; 01-01-2014 at 10:24 PM.
Closed Thread