Closed Thread

Old 10-02-2013, 01:26 PM   #46  
Started IP August 14 2013

S/C/G: 216.5/153/155

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahBell View Post
I bet you looked beautiful in your Old "New " dress !
Thanks! I like the dress and had missed wearing it so I was pleased to be able to wear it again. (and it's a better feeling that worrying about those pesky scale numbers)
Old 10-02-2013, 01:52 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 233/233/130

Height: 5'4"

Ok next Wed. is my b-day. DH said he does not want to get me anything yet. He might get me flowers, BUT he said when I get to goal he is going to take me shopping with no limit on $$$ for me to buy new clothes. BUT this will be close to our annv. What should I ask for?
Old 10-02-2013, 02:00 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 186.6/126.8/125

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Ok next Wed. is my b-day. DH said he does not want to get me anything yet. He might get me flowers, BUT he said when I get to goal he is going to take me shopping with no limit on $$$ for me to buy new clothes. BUT this will be close to our annv. What should I ask for?
Maybe getting your wedding rings re-sized..and perhaps throwing in an additional ring for good mesaure for the other ring finger.
After losing all my weight, I'm not even able to wear my wedding rings right now due to the fact that they just fall off my finger.
Old 10-02-2013, 02:11 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 294/286.4/180

Height: 5'8''

Default First Weigh In

Had my first weigh in and I'm very excited to say I lost 7.6 pounds. I know it's likely water weight and may slow down here on out but it's positive reinforcement that I CAN do this! I purchased some WF products too that will help me feel like I'm eating "normal" again as well. Very excited
Old 10-02-2013, 02:15 PM   #50  

Quote:
Has anyone tried the WF "fruit spreads" do they taste good or just so so
I like them on my pancakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zictory75 View Post
Lisa, I just want to say your advice is great, so level headed! I just feel better after reading your posts. Are you coaching? You should!
Nope. Not a coach. Just paying it forward...
Thanks for the compliment!
Old 10-02-2013, 02:16 PM   #51  
Reboot 10/24/15 - Age 49

S/C/G: 217.5/202.3/155

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Em Be View Post
Had my first weigh in and I'm very excited to say I lost 7.6 pounds. I know it's likely water weight and may slow down here on out but it's positive reinforcement that I CAN do this! I purchased some WF products too that will help me feel like I'm eating "normal" again as well. Very excited
Believe me 7.6 is not all water weight! You did this, hurray you!!!
Old 10-02-2013, 02:43 PM   #52  

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Em Be View Post
Congrats!
Old 10-02-2013, 03:02 PM   #53  
IP start date 8/1/2013

S/C/G: 195/138.6/130

Height: 4'10

well I just ran to Wally World and bought a new pair of dress pants. All my others were so saggy butt I needed something. We have a meeting today at 5 with several VP's so I just didn't have the time to run to the thrift stores. Maybe tomorrow. I also went to Best Buy and got a blue tooth Keyboard for my Ipad. It's so much easier to type on this thing now! I found one in a case for under $60, so I'm excited.

Try to decide what I want for packet to have for lunch. Its either pudding or making the broc and cheese soup. Feeling kinda peckish today
Old 10-02-2013, 04:12 PM   #54  
IPALT-P1:5/20 P2:11/1

S/C/G: 219/149.2/135

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by slownsteady View Post

GREAT, motivating message! Can I ask why you've set a specific date to go off of Phase 1, instead of until you reach your goal and then phase off like the protocol calls for? I just see this more and more and wondered how everyone makes these decisions. I know some change phases for health reasons, but that's different. I think I just have this fear of being on anything BUT Phase 1! Anyway, you are doing awesome!!

my reasoning for phasing out of phase 1 starting November, is so that I am in phase 4 for the holidays. I usually stay really busy with parties and lunches, and I know myself well enough to know I would do much better trying to maintain a healthy weight during these times, than trying to stick to a strict plan & try to lose. At first, I said if I wanted to lose more after New Years, that I would do phase 1 again starting Jan 1st. But i'm hoping starting with a personal trainer once I get to phase 4, that i'll be able to get to my goal "size" and be fit, healthy & happy!!
Old 10-02-2013, 04:39 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 197/185/135

Height: 5'6"

I finally had my initial consultation with my IP coach today, and I am beyond thrilled! So happy to start IP! I was really nervous before hand - would my coach and I "click"? But he seems really cool - laid back and chill during WI when I need to bring my kids with me, and very knowledgeable about the protocol. (Relief! He's not a glorified salesman!)

I had a profound "a-ha" moment today...someone asked me why I am starting Ideal Protein now, on a Wednesday, instead of another day. Instead of after Halloween. Or after my child's birthday. Or after the holidays. Etc etc. And I'll tell you what. There will ALWAYS be another excuse to delay being healthy. There will always be reasons that we hide behind because we don't want to change our lifestyle and eating habits. There is no "best" day to start IP, because ALL days are a good day to start!
Old 10-02-2013, 04:54 PM   #56  
Renee~ Started IP Aug. 25

S/C/G: 186/136.4/125

Wow, such inspiration and good news today! Congrats on the losses, the goals met, the NSV's, and just sticking with it!

My day was a good day with eating, but kinda a down day otherwise. Guess I am in the dumps. It will turn around. Heading out to trivia tonight, so that will be fun. Happy Wednesday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redonkulous View Post
I had a profound "a-ha" moment today...someone asked me why I am starting Ideal Protein now, on a Wednesday, instead of another day. Instead of after Halloween. Or after my child's birthday. Or after the holidays. Etc etc. And I'll tell you what. There will ALWAYS be another excuse to delay being healthy. There will always be reasons that we hide behind because we don't want to change our lifestyle and eating habits. There is no "best" day to start IP, because ALL days are a good day to start!
Thanks for sharing this! It is so true.
Old 10-02-2013, 05:30 PM   #57  

Question Question About Sushi

we have never had sushi/hibachi before. I want to bring some home for lunch tomorrow for me and DH (tomorrow is his b-day).

I am looking at a menu from a place here in town. I know that the Tempura are the crispy fried shrimp ect. BUT what can I order that would be most IP friendly? I am looking at the shrimp cucumber roll, a cucumber roll. it has to be seafood (cooked ) or veggie.

can anyone give any suggestions?
Old 10-02-2013, 05:35 PM   #58  
Started IP 5/13/13

S/C/G: 185/128/135

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Redonkulous: you said it! I have realized that IP only works when you are ready. Putting it off would just be a sign someone is not ready. I am so excited for you. You will have many other Aha! Moments along the way, like realizing life and special occasions are not all about the food.

Nolasmurf: don't ya just love that "baggy butt" thing!

El Em Be: congrats. You're on your way!

Sarahbell: for your birthday you should try Rainbow's chocolate whoopie pies. I just made them and yummy!!!

Lisa: thanks for paying it forward. Don't know what I'd do without your supportive posts and great info.
Old 10-02-2013, 05:40 PM   #59  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suchawittygal View Post
Maybe getting your wedding rings re-sized..and perhaps throwing in an additional ring for good mesaure for the other ring finger.
After losing all my weight, I'm not even able to wear my wedding rings right now due to the fact that they just fall off my finger.
I have a 3 stone ring picked out that I really want. I will get my ring resized, but not yet I want that thing to orbit my finger ROFL
Old 10-02-2013, 06:25 PM   #60  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Quote:
we have never had sushi/hibachi before. I want to bring some home for lunch tomorrow for me and DH (tomorrow is his b-day).

I am looking at a menu from a place here in town. I know that the Tempura are the crispy fried shrimp ect. BUT what can I order that would be most IP friendly? I am looking at the shrimp cucumber roll, a cucumber roll. it has to be seafood (cooked ) or veggie.

can anyone give any suggestions?
If you order sachimi ... you won't get rice. It's just the seafood....however it is not cooked! I have found Japanese/ Asian food to offer the most IP friendly choices because I do like sachimi although it is raw!. ....Many of the "rolls" of cooked seafood and the vegetable things are wrapped around sticky rice, and some contain cream cheese...another NO. I think some of these are "Americanized" versions of the rolls to accommodate folks who don't do the raw stuff.
If they speak english well, you may consider the need to call in a special order and tell them NO RICE etc! Since they make things fresh...it may not be a problem. The hibachi menu may be different. Not familiar with that route...they usually use too much soy sauce for me...and rarely have the GF type.

Last edited by 65X65; 10-02-2013 at 06:26 PM.
Closed Thread