Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2013, 06:41 AM   #1  

Arrow IP Daily Chat Tuesday 10/1/2013

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

NOTE: Links to attached files in stickies (and elsewhere) have been nonfunctional for the past week. Admin are a aware of the problem & it has been reported to tech support.

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 10-01-2013, 06:46 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 156/124/125

Height: 5'4"

Good morning all!!! Wishing all strength for a OP day!
Old 10-01-2013, 07:58 AM   #3  
Started IP Aug 19, 2013

S/C/G: 218/187.5/144

Height: 5'5

October 1st?? Really?? Where has the year gone!? Fall is setting in, and I think about Fall and Winter as being my time to continue working really hard at getting this weight off so by the time Spring comes around (I'm specifically aiming for my 60th birthday in April) I will hopefully be at goal!! Like the crocuses breaking through the snow, I hope by Spring to break out of my 'fat cocoon' for good, and show the world a whole new me! The one that's been there all along, but hidden, for all these years! I feel so hopeful, and just know it's going to happen.....and it makes me happy
Old 10-01-2013, 08:15 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 325/312/190

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by slownsteady View Post
October 1st?? Really?? Where has the year gone!? Fall is setting in, and I think about Fall and Winter as being my time to continue working really hard at getting this weight off so by the time Spring comes around (I'm specifically aiming for my 60th birthday in April) I will hopefully be at goal!! Like the crocuses breaking through the snow, I hope by Spring to break out of my 'fat cocoon' for good, and show the world a whole new me! The one that's been there all along, but hidden, for all these years! I feel so hopeful, and just know it's going to happen.....and it makes me happy
What an inspirational post! I was thinking about the fact that it was October 1st today too, really the end of summer in a way. I really like the visual of crocuses and cocoons for spring. I will keep that in mind!

Beautiful morning here. Got to sleep in a little bit (compared to being at the arena at 6am!) and excited for the day ahead. I'm going to try and make the pumpkin spice zucchini muffins after work tonight. Sounds so good!
Old 10-01-2013, 08:41 AM   #5  
Started IP 8/12/13

S/C/G: 226/183.6/150

Height: 5'1''

Thank goodness for this forum - had my W7 WI and I'm +0.9. the good thing is i kno exactly why - I didnt eat all my meals for two days due to moving .. so this week I'll be back to normal and will keep dropping the pounds..
Old 10-01-2013, 08:47 AM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LittleStar View Post
What an inspirational post! I was thinking about the fact that it was October 1st today too, really the end of summer in a way. I really like the visual of crocuses and cocoons for spring. I will keep that in mind!

Beautiful morning here. Got to sleep in a little bit (compared to being at the arena at 6am!) and excited for the day ahead. I'm going to try and make the pumpkin spice zucchini muffins after work tonight. Sounds so good!
Looking forward to the review

Happy Tuesday all! Gorgeous fall morning here today - I also can't believe it's October 1st but bring on Thanksgiving and Halloween

Have my WI at lunch today. Fingers and toes crossed for a good one. Even if I'm not in Onederland today officially, I'm pretty sure I'll be closer.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Jo
Old 10-01-2013, 10:04 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 233/signature/150

Caressme: can't wait to see what next week holds, glad you knew why. That helps when you see a gain on the scale.

1littlestarumpkin zucchini muffins sound awesome.... Now to find the recipe

Day 5 here for me I'm feeling really good, I have had 2 days this week without a headache!!! For me that is huge I have suffered from headaches and stomach issues as long as I can remember. This maybe way to much info but for over 10 years I have had diarrhea everyday of my life doctors say its IBS but I have always thought it might be wheat or gluten sensitivity. I haven't had diarrhea since day 3, so that is super awesome. I am off today and have to go to the female appointment so I will be weighing in I officially for that. Hope everyone has an fantastic OP day.
Old 10-01-2013, 10:14 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 303/144.8/145

Good morning fellow IPers....wishing for a wonderful OP day for everyone and many NSVs.

I have a question for those who have gone through mini phase offs or are in phase 3, do/did any of you feel overall yucky five days into phase 3? I am doing the meal replacements for breakfasts on the work days and having the big breakfasts on the weekends.... But have been feeling cruddy for the past few days. Not sure if it is due to change in phases, or if I am fighting off a bug....

Any feedback?
Old 10-01-2013, 10:15 AM   #9  
Started IP 5/13/13

S/C/G: 185/128/135

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by slownsteady View Post
I am so excited to watch your successes! I will be 50 next year and decided I needed to do this before that next birthday. I am so glad I did. You can definitely do this!
Old 10-01-2013, 10:15 AM   #10  
sugar is the devil

My coach had to reschedule my weigh in for next week. So it'll be 2 weeks between weigh ins. I'll way myself at home to get an idea what my weekly weigh in would have been around. But a nice big number will look good next week (even with consideration that it'll be a 2 week value)
Old 10-01-2013, 10:19 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 157/143/135

Height: 5'6"

Good morning, I'm new to IP and how this site works. But it is surely wonderful to see positive faces and hear great stories of success each morning. I'm on P1 day 4 will WI on Fri. My scale at home shows down 4, and I'm thrilled. I found a recipe for Sweet and Sour Cucumbers that is delicious if anyone is interested. I loved them.
Old 10-01-2013, 10:30 AM   #12  

Ooh, post the cucumber recipe please! That sounds delicious!

WI this morning showed a 2 lb loss and 1% decrease in body fat, despite my slip up! I'm feeling pretty good about that.
Old 10-01-2013, 10:30 AM   #13  
Restart Sept 2013

Height: 5'9"

Had a biometric scan a work this morning (we get money off our medical deductible if we participate, so I thought why not?)

Good News: All my numbers are great! All in the normal/healthy range - except for my weight, but I knew that ahead of time.

Bad News: I am hoping their scale is broken, it said I weight 9lbs more than the one at my dr's office does!

Hope everyone is having a great first day of October (where, oh where has this year gone?!)
Old 10-01-2013, 10:32 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 215/215/180

Height: 5'8"

Hi All,

Day 2...very difficult! Had protein for breakfast, I have 2 cups of raw veggies with about 2 cups lettuce waiting along with another drink. I can't concentrate on anything!! Is this normal? Al I can think about is food and can I do it?? I had 8 oz of chicken with 2 cups asparagus (my pee smelled funny and lettuce for dinner last night, shake for snake. And plenty of water..at 32 oz so far today...
Old 10-01-2013, 10:34 AM   #15  
Started IP - 8/27/13

S/C/G: 265/ticker/170

Height: 5'10"

Good Morning All!!

Feeling a bit better than yesterday. 20lbs in 5 weeks is pretty darn good so I can't complain.

I tried the crispy cereal today and I added too much water!!!! Hopefully it will be better tomorrow, lol.

Have a great day Lovelies!!!
Closed Thread