3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   ARGH! Mondays are hard (for me tht is) (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/288121-argh-mondays-hard-me-tht.html)

sarahBell 09-30-2013 02:19 PM

ARGH! Mondays are hard (for me tht is)

Today I just have the munchies good grief. After a great sunday today is not. I am thinking maybe I should have some celery with WF Pbutter and cinnamon maybe hot tea and gum.

Other than the above how can I kick the munchies monster that hits :(

kcandponies 09-30-2013 02:34 PM

Salad!!!!

I am pretty sensitive to coffee, so a strong cup of coffee will curb my appetite. If that fails I have lettuce with 2 hard boiled egg whites to hold me over.

clbott 09-30-2013 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarahBell (Post 4851956)
Today I just have the munchies good grief. After a great sunday today is not. I am thinking maybe I should have some celery with WF Pbutter and cinnamon maybe hot tea and gum.

Other than the above how can I kick the munchies monster that hits :(

Oddly enough, I f I get a case of the munchies, I'll brush my teeth. NOTHING sounds yummy after I brush my teeth!

lisa32989 09-30-2013 02:41 PM

I had to learn the difference between "true hunger" and just wanting to eat.

If I'm truly hungry, lettuce will help. If I just want to eat, it isn't usually lettuce I'm looking for. Teaching myself to not eat everytime I get the munchies was something I worked on and I hope it will pay off in maintenance.

I've struggled through more than one day drinking herbal tea & wishing the time would go faster! I've learned the more I feed the munchies, the more they want to be fed.

And there is this: Nobody ever starved to death without food between lunch and dinner.

sarahBell 09-30-2013 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lisa32989 (Post 4851972)
I had to learn the difference between "true hunger" and just wanting to eat.

If I'm truly hungry, lettuce will help. If I just want to eat, it isn't usually lettuce I'm looking for. Teaching myself to not eat everytime I get the munchies was something I worked on and I hope it will pay off in maintenance.

I've struggled through more than one day drinking herbal tea & wishing the time would go faster! I've learned the more I feed the munchies, the more they want to be fed.

And there is this: Nobody ever starved to death without food between lunch and dinner.

I agree. I have some tea with cinnamon in it and I am going to drink that and hope that will kick it. I think my mouth is bored.

cassieleeanne 09-30-2013 04:27 PM

Lately when I have been getting the munchies and want to cheat I go with pickles or go to the gym and workout instead.

sarahBell 09-30-2013 04:37 PM

I forgot abt pickles!!! I got 2 huge jars, the were a buy one get 1 free. Thanks for the reminder!

WillowVee 09-30-2013 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lisa32989 (Post 4851972)

Yes! This!

I sometimes think we've been conditioned as a society, mostly through advertising, to believe that we have to give in when we get different signals, i.e. the munches. I know how it feels, but when I don't give in to that false sense, I feel like a million dollars! Giving in sets the scene for more giving in. Be strong!

tiggermd 10-01-2013 09:46 AM

I feel you...I am on day 53 and I have to confess its been easy until day 49. I got 2-3 days of intense cravings. Took everything within me to stay on plan.

ReenHag 10-01-2013 07:28 PM

I am with you to an extent, although I am not craving anything specific. I am just hungry! I have not been this hungry at all on the plan. Weird. Hoping it passes soon, and having an extra packet to help curb it when I need to. Maybe I will try the tea with cinnamon.

Hope your munchies leave you alone soon!