Closed Thread

Old 10-02-2013, 08:01 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 156/124/125

Height: 5'4"

65x65 Your thoughts on internal "fat" makes sense, we all know if its on the outside its on the inside too. Hang in there, it will all work out one way or the other. I think you all ready know whats going to happen. Good luck being back on P1!!! Its good to have you back!
Old 10-02-2013, 08:07 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 156/124/125

dak1lls Congrats on another loss!!! Good luck on P2 and P3, where did you find the sheets on them? The link on the daily chat doesnt work? I want to do some reading, getting ready I hope in another 2 weeks I hope.
Old 10-02-2013, 09:13 PM   #33  
Started IP Aug 19, 2013

S/C/G: 218/187.5/144

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65X65 View Post
Hi all...
Back here again as a participant .... I'm happy to report!

Neither Dr. felt there was enough data available on people who had deliberately lost weight, experiencing this kind of twisting. However...the reality in my book is there has been a change in my body tone since I was 20-30 yo...and now since losing the weight...the layers of visceral stuff holding things in place tightly in my abdomen the last decade plus....has shrunk!
I SO agree with your theory, 65! When you first were talking about your condition a few weeks ago, in the back of my mind I was wondering if the fact that you don't have all of that fat cushion around your intestines anymore, kind of keeping everything 'nestled' in place, could have had anything to do with it (of course, on top of having the obvious predisposition because of the congenital defect they uncovered). That was a hard time you had to go through - glad you have answers and can get back to being in control of things again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dak1lls View Post
Well....today was the day! I started P2 today after a lot of reading and hemming and hawing. lol. I am excited/nervous, but think I made the right decision. I have read and reread the P2, P3 and Maintenance sheets. I will read them another 100 times or so I'm sure!

Wish me luck!
Well you certainly are prepared! What an amazing job you have done! I'm sure your Phase off and then Maintenance will be as successful!
Old 10-02-2013, 09:39 PM   #34  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Wow - lots of good news today! 65, I'm so glad to hear things are becoming clearer for you.

You guys would have laughed at me today - I had to have a CT scan and drink a bunch of nasty tasting stuff. I asked what they were mixing it with to make it sweet. Crystal Lite was the answer and I asked if it was the kind with aspartame - poor tech went and checked the box for me! I think he thought I was nuts. Question is, do I get to count all the fluid as part of my water? I was there for 4 hours so I didn't get near enough water in!

And yes, i would have drank it anyway - really needed to do the scan (it showed I have a hernia) to find out what was causing all the pain. So it turns out I didn't have a stomach bug after all. (See what I get for self-diagnosing?)
Old 10-03-2013, 11:00 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

65X65 and Ruth Ann - I am guessing we should be forming a club for tummy and inside issues since we have all been drinking strange stuff - Ruth Ann, I, too, was trying to find out if the barium contrast solution had sugar in it, too! It was not like I had a choice as to drinking it or not, but our minds are focused.

So let's hope that we are all on the smooth road from here on in. I am off the antibiotics and hope my body will recover its equilibrium and start back in the nice regular pattern I had before. If not, I will still stay strong and determined. I have had 6 weeks of 100% and proud that I have such discipline. Having the people on this board means such much to me.
BIG THANKS to all who support.
Old 10-03-2013, 11:33 AM   #36  

Medical issues stalled my weight loss, as well.
However, there wasn't a regain of fat!
And eventually the scale started cooperating again...slowly but surely.

We're all in this together, for the long-haul, no matter what!
Old 10-03-2013, 01:43 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Default i agree...we need a club/thread for the things that have derail us...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonolady View Post
65x65 Your thoughts on internal "fat" makes sense, we all know if its on the outside its on the inside too. Hang in there, it will all work out one way or the other. I think you all ready know whats going to happen. Good luck being back on P1!!! Its good to have you back!
Thanks...so glad to be back with my pals once again to finish this job! Staying connected to everyone though has been an enormous morale boost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slownsteady View Post
I SO agree with your theory, 65! When you first were talking about your condition a few weeks ago, in the back of my mind I was wondering if the fact that you don't have all of that fat cushion around your intestines anymore, kind of keeping everything 'nestled' in place, could have had anything to do with it (of course, on top of having the obvious predisposition because of the congenital defect they uncovered). That was a hard time you had to go through - glad you have answers and can get back to being in control of things again!
This Am went in for a weigh...and am right where I'd been before this all started...

Well you certainly are prepared! What an amazing job you have done! I'm sure your Phase off and then Maintenance will be as successful!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post
Wow - lots of good news today! 65, I'm so glad to hear things are becoming clearer for you.

You guys would have laughed at me today - I had to have a CT scan and drink a bunch of nasty tasting stuff. I asked what they were mixing it with to make it sweet. Crystal Lite was the answer and I asked if it was the kind with aspartame - poor tech went and checked the box for me! I think he thought I was nuts. Question is, do I get to count all the fluid as part of my water? I was there for 4 hours so I didn't get near enough water in!
I hear ya' sister...

And yes, i would have drank it anyway - really needed to do the scan (it showed I have a hernia) to find out what was causing all the pain. So it turns out I didn't have a stomach bug after all. (See what I get for self-diagnosing?)
...and I thought I had a stomach but too...

Quote:
Originally Posted by schenectady View Post
65X65 and Ruth Ann - I am guessing we should be forming a club for tummy and inside issues since we have all been drinking strange stuff - Ruth Ann, I, too, was trying to find out if the barium contrast solution had sugar in it, too! It was not like I had a choice as to drinking it or not, but our minds are focused.

So let's hope that we are all on the smooth road from here on in. I am off the antibiotics and hope my body will recover its equilibrium and start back in the nice regular pattern I had before. If not, I will still stay strong and determined. I have had 6 weeks of 100% and proud that I have such discipline. Having the people on this board means such much to me.
BIG THANKS to all who support.
Yep...however, I do have one more bout with the nasty beverages...but can do this...Am asking for the diabetic prep. though. Just hope the last bout of non-preferred beverage clears my system faster than the 7-10 days the other times have taken. (4X now !)

Am sure it would be helpful to others to read the medical stuff that does impact the ongoing weight losses some of us have been hitting up against. I've searched the entire 3FCs forum to see if there is much info on total or partial bowel obstruction... and there is not much there...and couldn't find much on procedures either. Maybe it all sounds so yucky many don't care to post the details, or think no one else is or will having a similar scenario. At some point when I have some extra time I'll start a GI problems thread so we can contribute and others will be able to pull SOMETHING on a search. Found a lot on gallbladder issues...but no specific thread...just posts spread out through the site, and very little..(nothing current) on bowel obstruction issues. While the diet itself doesn't cause that...the diagnostics and treatment are really roadblocks... just as inflammation, infections and other system responses to individual metabolism and immune status problems.

It's a new day though, Finally! Thanks all for the support. I hope to continue to pay it forward..
Old 10-03-2013, 01:46 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Medical issues stalled my weight loss, as well.
However, there wasn't a regain of fat!
And eventually the scale started cooperating again...slowly but surely.

We're all in this together, for the long-haul, no matter what!

Lisa...your path gives the rest of us hope and also the courage to buck up...if you keep on going...who are we to think about quitting after a blip!
Old 10-03-2013, 01:56 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65X65 View Post
Lisa...your path gives the rest of us hope and also the courage to buck up...if you keep on going...who are we to think about quitting after a blip!
Like!
Old 10-03-2013, 06:46 PM   #40  

S/C/G: IP Restart: 181.2/175.6/130

Hi all,

Been absent as a poster for a few days due to a very stressful week, but I have checked in to read and continue to be encouraged by all of you!

I'm happy to report that despite all the stress I have stayed 100% OP. At times on particularly tough days I feel incredibly hungry, but I am coming to recognize that as my body asking for me to respond in the way I used to - by stuffing all the feelings down with food - rather than an actual need for sustenance. Now that I am beginning to tell the difference, the hunger is a bit easier to ignore.
Old 10-03-2013, 06:58 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 276/204/156

Height: 5, 0

Day 13 for me and sticking to it 110%!! So happy to have this forum for support and to celebrate our success!! I don't know about the rest of you, but this diet consumes my every thought!! I just want to talk and talk about it all day!
Old 10-03-2013, 07:11 PM   #42  
Started IP Aug 19, 2013

S/C/G: 218/187.5/144

Height: 5'5

Lisa - FYI - your PM mailbox is full and won't accept any more PM's. Sorry I couldn't PM this to you!
Old 10-03-2013, 10:13 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 325/312/190

Height: 5'6

Good evening,

Sounds like lots of 100% OP peeps are doing great! So nice to read all the updates.

I finally got a chance to try the Pumpkin Spice Zucchini Muffins. I made a double batch - one with vanilla pudding and one with butterscotch pudding. Definitely liked the butterscotch one more. I've updated my blog if you want to read my review and see a picture.

Have a great Friday everyone!! TGIF
Old 10-03-2013, 10:23 PM   #44  

Quote:
Originally Posted by slownsteady View Post
Lisa - FYI - your PM mailbox is full and won't accept any more PM's. Sorry I couldn't PM this to you!
Yes. It kind of "blew up" with support today
Old 10-03-2013, 11:00 PM   #45  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Yes. It kind of "blew up" with support today
All well deserved - you are fabulous, Lisa!

Jo
Closed Thread