Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2013, 11:49 AM   #136  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Peacock View Post
Thanks Lisa!
I am going for "stir fry rice" at lunch. I have 2 ounces of left over boiled shrimp that I will add, and then subtract the 2 ounces from my protein tonight. 2 ounces really isn't that much, but these are big shrimp. I am going to cut them into smaller pieces so it is distributed better throughout the "rice."
Then, since it is my day off, I am probably going to see if Netflix has "Forest Gump" on, to enjoy while I am eating my lunch. After the happenings over the last 24 hours, I have quotes from Forest Gump going through my head
Like which one?
We've probably been channeling each other!
Old 10-08-2013, 11:58 AM   #137  
Started IP August 14 2013

S/C/G: 216.5/153/155

Height: 5'7"

two weird questions for all you zucchini shredders for muffins and the like ... skin on or off? are we talking tiny shreds ie not using a carrot peeler on the length of the thing? (That's what I've been envisioning and thinking, ew, in a muffin?)
I am most definitely a cooking newbie but hey, IP is teaching me that too.
Sorry - just realized I should have posted this in the daily thread... got carried away reading your muffin stories)

Last edited by vachinyc; 10-08-2013 at 12:02 PM.
Old 10-08-2013, 11:59 AM   #138  

S/C/G: 338/338/140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Like which one?
We've probably been channeling each other!
You know it! Let's just say "smart" is as "smart" does, and leave it at that.
My absolute favorite movie - I'm not quite sure why I don't have it on DVD? Perhaps my next non-food reward!
Old 10-08-2013, 12:08 PM   #139  

Quote:
Originally Posted by vachinyc View Post
two weird questions for all you zucchini shredders for muffins and the like ... skin on or off? are we talking tiny shreds ie not using a carrot peeler on the length of the thing? (That's what I've been envisioning and thinking, ew, in a muffin?)
I am most definitely a cooking newbie but hey, IP is teaching me that too.
Sorry - just realized I should have posted this in the daily thread... got carried away reading your muffin stories)
Mine are organic. I wash & leave skins on (fiber!)
If they weren't organic, I'd probably peel first.
Old 10-08-2013, 12:17 PM   #140  
Started IP August 14 2013

S/C/G: 216.5/153/155

Height: 5'7"

Thanks Lisa. that's a good point about the fiber - I do need as much of that as I can get.
Old 10-08-2013, 01:43 PM   #141  
Back at It!

S/C/G: 238/220/170

Height: 5'4 1/2

Hope you don't mind if I say 'hi' to his bunch.
I'm newish to IP, but not new to trying to lose weight. I lost 30 pounds on weight watchers and then stopped losing weight and gained a bit. Now I'm on IP and absolutely love it. I like learning from you gals who have been on it for awhile. I'm experimenting with new recipes and am 100% in this till I reach my goal. The zucchini muffins sound fabulous and will try them very soon.

A question for any of you...how was your first month or so in losing weight? I lost a big amount on my first week (9 pounds), and then its been 2 pounds for two weeks in a row. I am not disappointed with the numbers, I was just wondering how everyone else is losing.
Old 10-08-2013, 01:57 PM   #142  
Back at It!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post
I love being part of this family - I know how to gain weight, the losing part, not so much. I read all the old threads before I even started and it gave me a great sense of confidence that I could do this too. And I am! -4 lbs on weigh in today!

I am now pretty limited on what I can have but I've found a way to make it work (blessed by my coach and hopefully the gastro dr later today). I can live with limitations if it means I stay 100% and if it gets me to my goal.
Congrats on the 4 pound loss! That's awesome!
Old 10-08-2013, 04:19 PM   #143  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Default Week's weight losses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jojo381972 View Post
Hope you don't mind if I say 'hi' to his bunch.

A question for any of you...how was your first month or so in losing weight? I lost a big amount on my first week (9 pounds), and then its been 2 pounds for two weeks in a row. I am not disappointed with the numbers, I was just wondering how everyone else is losing.
JoJo - I think that for many of us, but not all, it seems like a real crap shoot as far as each week's weight loss goes. My first month was fantastic and then I crawled to about 2 pounds a week even though I was being soooo careful about what I ate.

So, I now know that my expectations need to be lowered from the level where I started, and that a 2 pound loss is fine.

And, so after a couple of weeks like that, I hit a -5 pound week. Go figure! It is not logical and just hang in there - it is still going down, healthy and energy are still good, mental state is happy, so I will just be tough and make it work however it comes.
Old 10-08-2013, 05:12 PM   #144  
Started IP 6-5-13

S/C/G: 211.4/154.0/155

Height: 5'7 and a half!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowVee View Post
I need more measuring cups. I've got severe dishpan hands from washing dishes so much...cups, cutting boards, the vegetable peeler. One thing about over-processed foods...they cut down on the dish-washing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dak1lls View Post
Cauliflower is the favorite veggie in my house.... They all commented that it was so good but that my house smelled like something died and was left in the corner! lol.
LOL these both belong in the You Know You are on IP When thread. I feel like I am constantly doing dishes on IP, I used to run my dishwasher only every second or third day pre IP. Now I am constantly running it and hand washing stuff. And my poor house, veggies can get kind of stinky, cooked or left over in the trash, but it is the smell of weight loss to me and I can deal!

Last edited by CrystalWolf; 10-08-2013 at 05:12 PM.
Old 10-08-2013, 05:15 PM   #145  
Started IP 5/13/13

S/C/G: 185/128/135

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Jojo: I just looked back at my notes and I lost 15.8 lbs as of June 12th. I started IP May 13th, so that is almost exactly a month. It looks like you are on track to lose about the same amount as I did. I also had lost 11 1/2 inches in that time frame. I have not been a "big" loser on most weeks. I have had weeks of zero loss, 1 lb losses, and 1 lb gains. It happens even if a person is OP. Stress, a lot of activity, and the Big C are all factors. I am phasing off now and just finishing my first P2 week.
Old 10-08-2013, 05:32 PM   #146  

S/C/G: 181/181/115

Height: 5'3"

I had a zero loss last week. I am 100% on plan, but my losses are extremely slow 1-2 lbs if I'm lucky. I'm starting to get self conscious after reading about so many people constantly cheating on the diet and still losing a lot more than I do. Maybe there is something wrong with me. I had my thyroid checked and the tests came back normal. I am always hungry, but I stay on plan no matter what. Being hungry is a new normal for me. I will have to figure out what to do if the scale does not move next week.
Old 10-08-2013, 05:40 PM   #147  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyMom09 View Post
I had a zero loss last week. I am 100% on plan, but my losses are extremely slow 1-2 lbs if I'm lucky. I'm starting to get self conscious after reading about so many people constantly cheating on the diet and still losing a lot more than I do. Maybe there is something wrong with me. I had my thyroid checked and the tests came back normal. I am always hungry, but I stay on plan no matter what. Being hungry is a new normal for me. I will have to figure out what to do if the scale does not move next week.
Wow, PrettyMom, you have lost quite a lot! It must be really hard to slow down. I am not sure what to say except hang in there - when mine has been slow, I try to just increase my physical activity level. It is not exercise, I just try to push myself in the garden, walking more when in the parking lot, running up and down stairs more times in the day for tasks.

That being said, we are all different and I would not want you to judge yourself by the actions of anyone else. The person who got me inspired to do IP has consistently lost 5 pounds a week.

You need to decide what will work best for you. What might be sad is for you to go off the plan a little (I'll try not to use the other "C" word) and discover that your weight goes up - can you handle that emotionally?
Old 10-08-2013, 05:59 PM   #148  
Started IP - 8/27/13

S/C/G: 265/ticker/170

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyMom09 View Post
Hmmm, how to put this "delicately"...are your pipes backed up? The big C could be the issue...
Old 10-08-2013, 06:13 PM   #149  
Back at It!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dak1lls View Post
Jojo: I just looked back at my notes and I lost 15.8 lbs as of June 12th. I started IP May 13th, so that is almost exactly a month. It looks like you are on track to lose about the same amount as I did. I also had lost 11 1/2 inches in that time frame. I have not been a "big" loser on most weeks. I have had weeks of zero loss, 1 lb losses, and 1 lb gains. It happens even if a person is OP. Stress, a lot of activity, and the Big C are all factors. I am phasing off now and just finishing my first P2 week.
Thanks for the information and congrats on reaching your goal!
Old 10-08-2013, 06:15 PM   #150  
Back at It!

Quote:
Originally Posted by schenectady View Post
JoJo - I think that for many of us, but not all, it seems like a real crap shoot as far as each week's weight loss goes. My first month was fantastic and then I crawled to about 2 pounds a week even though I was being soooo careful about what I ate.

So, I now know that my expectations need to be lowered from the level where I started, and that a 2 pound loss is fine.

And, so after a couple of weeks like that, I hit a -5 pound week. Go figure! It is not logical and just hang in there - it is still going down, healthy and energy are still good, mental state is happy, so I will just be tough and make it work however it comes.
Thanks and I wish you continued success as well. Hang in there!
I guess it isn't even all about pounds lost, but more about inches lost. If you start gaining muscle this can impact the scale as well.
Closed Thread