Closed Thread

Old 10-05-2013, 08:59 AM   #76  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Wow

Thanks for reminding me it could me worse. My attitude could be bad too!
Not only could your attitude be bad - you could have a bad attitude, weigh 96 pounds more and still have a bad back! You've come so far, I have every confidence you will meet your goal and we'll all be here cheering you on!
Old 10-05-2013, 09:09 AM   #77  
Started IP Aug 19, 2013

S/C/G: 218/187.5/144

Height: 5'5

Good Morning Everyone!

Been 100% for my 7 wks on the program (just had 6th weigh-in) but in a mild 'stall'/slowdown (.5 down this week) so my coach suggested I incorporate a restricted IP product in my daily intake - a self-imposed exclusion since I started because I'm afraid of awakening my tendency to crave sweet carbs. But, am taking the advice and will have my first restricted today - a Peanut Butter Bar! Perhaps I should have chosen a 'salty' restricted instead - but I've been eyeing those darn Peanut Butter Bars since I started! If I feel it's putting me the slight bit out of control (cravings) though, back they go, and I'll swap them for a savory/salty restricted.

PS - she suggested cutting up my bar into little mini-bites, then placing in the freezer for a short time to make them more chewy and take a little longer to get through the bar. Sounds like a good idea!

Hope you all have a great Saturday!!

Last edited by slownsteady; 10-05-2013 at 09:12 AM.
Old 10-05-2013, 09:16 AM   #78  

slownsteady
Not all the restricteds are sweet treats. I only had 1 IP bar ever.
Additionally some are meals (I used the oatmeal to make zucchini muffins or pancakes until I cut soy)
Old 10-05-2013, 09:37 AM   #79  
Started IP Aug 19, 2013

S/C/G: 218/187.5/144

Height: 5'5

Quote:
slownsteady
Not all the restricteds are sweet treats. I only had 1 IP bar ever.
Additionally some are meals (I used the oatmeal to make zucchini muffins or pancakes until I cut soy)
Yes, if adding the restricted seems to help my loss, I will definitely do a little more 'exploring' of options at my next appointment. I'm afraid the one and only thing on my mind were those darned peanut butter bars - which is kind of scary - does not seem to bode well as far as my fear of awakening cravings! I'm having my bar with some coffee right now. If it ends up that I feel less in control of my eating today (and would assume because of it), I'm heading directly to the clinic asap to exchange for something less 'sweet'. Already feel like my choice has tempted fate.

Is this just an irrational fear? I'm usually pretty level-headed and not the type to read into things.
Old 10-05-2013, 09:53 AM   #80  

Quote:
Originally Posted by slownsteady View Post
Yes, if adding the restricted seems to help my loss, I will definitely do a little more 'exploring' of options at my next appointment. I'm afraid the one and only thing on my mind were those darned peanut butter bars - which is kind of scary - does not seem to bode well as far as my fear of awakening cravings! I'm having my bar with some coffee right now. If it ends up that I feel less in control of my eating today (and would assume because of it), I'm heading directly to the clinic asap to exchange for something less 'sweet'. Already feel like my choice has tempted fate.

Is this just an irrational fear? I'm usually pretty level-headed and not the type to read into things.
Perhaps somewhat irrational but we know ourselves well. I can be pretty irrational when it comes to foodstuff, too.
Why tempt fate?
I would think any reaction at this point would be subjective due to "self fulfilling prophecy"
What we think will happen usually will.
This wasn't a neutral plan. My recommendation would have been to choose something you felt neutral about.

Last edited by lisa32989; 10-05-2013 at 10:26 AM.
Old 10-05-2013, 09:58 AM   #81  

S/C/G: 233/signature/150

Height: 5'4"

Day 8 for me and going strong zero cheats and feeling good. I don't have my first weigh in until Tuesday which will be my 11th day and a little nervous because of Aunt Flo showed up yesterday ;( we also have the shrimp festival coming to our area next weekend and that means a lot of temptations, my hugely supportive husband and I have already talked about the plan for success. They have a huge arts and crafts and live music which is awesome, also lots of food and spirits, but I will be able to eat boiled shrimp and will take a bottle of sparkling ice drink to make me feel like I am having a refreshing cocktail LOL.
Old 10-05-2013, 12:00 PM   #82  
Taking it day by day!

S/C/G: 185/176/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by slownsteady View Post
Been 100% for my 7 wks on the program (just had 6th weigh-in) but in a mild 'stall'/slowdown (.5 down this week) so my coach suggested I incorporate a restricted IP product in my daily intake...

PS - she suggested cutting up my bar into little mini-bites, then placing in the freezer for a short time to make them more chewy and take a little longer to get through the bar. Sounds like a good idea!

Hope you all have a great Saturday!!
Slownsteady - Enjoy your PB restricted and thank you for sharing that great tip about cutting the bar into bits and freezing a little as to savor the bites. I'll try that today. Hope all goes according to plan - you CAN do it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misstiff View Post
Day 8 for me and going strong zero cheats and feeling good. I
Misstiff - Congrats Congrats - you're doing great and cheers to Day 8!!! Stay focused, prepared and committed and you will stay on the straight & narrow. We're here for you for support if needed.

Quote:
I can be pretty irrational when it comes to foodstuff, too.
Why tempt fate?
I would think any reaction at this point would be subjective due to "self fulfilling prophecy"
What we think will happen usually will.
This wasn't a neutral plan. My recommendation would have been to choose something you felt neutral about.
Lisa - Per usual, great advice for all; choose IP items that will keep us neutral (as not to trigger bad cravings that we're trying to curb). And, I too can be pretty irrational when it comes to foodstuff. Agreed, don't tempt fate.
Old 10-05-2013, 12:31 PM   #83  

S/C/G: 325/312/190

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misstiff View Post
Day 8 for me and going strong zero cheats and feeling good. I don't have my first weigh in until Tuesday which will be my 11th day and a little nervous because of Aunt Flo showed up yesterday ;( we also have the shrimp festival coming to our area next weekend and that means a lot of temptations, my hugely supportive husband and I have already talked about the plan for success. They have a huge arts and crafts and live music which is awesome, also lots of food and spirits, but I will be able to eat boiled shrimp and will take a bottle of sparkling ice drink to make me feel like I am having a refreshing cocktail LOL.
Hi Misstiff,

Good for you for planning ahead for the festival. It sounds like lots of fun. I'm sure if you focus on the entertainment, you will do just fine. It's great that your husband is supportive!

I'm also certain that your weigh in will be great. Even if it's a bit less than you hoped because of TOM, it will only be that much better the next week.
Old 10-05-2013, 07:53 PM   #84  
Started IP 6-5-13

S/C/G: 211.4/154.0/155

Height: 5'7 and a half!

So the snow delayed today's bountiful basket delivery, I am beyond low on fresh veggies. Made do with the last of my cucumber at lunch and going for some frozen broccoli at dinner. Hate to go to the store and risk buying something I might get in my basket tomorrow.
100% 100% 100% I will get the veggies somehow.
Old 10-05-2013, 08:01 PM   #85  

OMG snow.
No thank you.
I'm sad b/c a storm is lowering our temps out of the 80s. Soon I'll be jealous of our sisters & brothers to the south of me.
Old 10-05-2013, 09:02 PM   #86  
Started IP 6-5-13

S/C/G: 211.4/154.0/155

Height: 5'7 and a half!

Quote:
OMG snow.
No thank you.
I'm sad b/c a storm is lowering our temps out of the 80s. Soon I'll be jealous of our sisters & brothers to the south of me.
Thankfully the snow stayed south of us, but the high of 44 degrees is yucky. Guess they had to travel through the snow to get here and South Dakota and Wyoming got hammered!
Old 10-05-2013, 09:27 PM   #87  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Quote:
Wow
And I was afraid to post about my back again in comparison to "worse" medical issues.

Thanks for that.

I ignored my body for a long time. I'm paying the price for that now. None of my docs (MDs, Chiros, doctorate PT) can figure out exactly why I have this pain. They can see the disk degeneration & the arthritis in the spine but none is bad enough to be causing this pain. My MD wants to do injections. I want an MRI.
We're at an impasse. Probably time for yet another opinion. I've been researching docs.

Thanks for reminding me it could me worse. My attitude could be bad too!
Good gosh Lisa.. Back pain is notorious for undermining anyone's will to get on with the day, handle a job, stick to resolutions and generally be cheerful! With all that's happened to you, you must meet the criteria...... Andso...how do you jump all those hurdles each day?
Ask which criteria those might be that are keeping him/her from ordering.. You probably have just been living with it, and meet them all.

Sometime we we don't complain enough and the drs don't triage what's going on because they're waiting for you to bring up the symptom with out being asked. When the list gets to be long.. We only tend to mention the top 2 or 3 things that bother us.

Last edited by 65X65; 10-06-2013 at 08:28 AM.
Old 10-06-2013, 07:11 AM   #88  
sugar is the devil

Wow - I'm surprised to see that some areas in the states are getting snow before us here in Alberta! I thought we were the Great White North
Old 10-06-2013, 10:59 AM   #89  

S/C/G: 325/312/190

Height: 5'6

So I managed to hurt my back yesterday, doing the stupidest thing... Beating an egg! I felt the tiniest twinge, that I haven't felt in a couple of years. I ignored it, kept going on with my day, hoping it was nothing. Now, I can't barely move, it hurts whether I am sittin, standing or lying down. I am so frustrated! But, this too shall pass, and I'll be back to normal soon. I am very lucky that this is not chronic, like others who have to suffer much more than me. I am trying to focus on the positives. If I weighed 60+ lbs more, it would probably hurt longer or be more likely to reoccur.

Trying not to feel sorry for myself. I will stay 100% OP despite this.
Old 10-06-2013, 11:13 AM   #90  
Started IP 03/06/2013

S/C/G: 198.8/145/145

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LittleStar View Post
So I managed to hurt my back yesterday, doing the stupidest thing... Beating an egg! I felt the tiniest twinge, that I haven't felt in a couple of years. I ignored it, kept going on with my day, hoping it was nothing. Now, I can't barely move, it hurts whether I am sittin, standing or lying down. I am so frustrated! But, this too shall pass, and I'll be back to normal soon. I am very lucky that this is not chronic, like others who have to suffer much more than me. I am trying to focus on the positives. If I weighed 60+ lbs more, it would probably hurt longer or be more likely to reoccur.

Trying not to feel sorry for myself. I will stay 100% OP despite this.
I've had that happen with a twingy back (although not necessarily with egg beating). You desperately wish to go back in time to just before you beat the egg in exactly that way. Hang in there!
Closed Thread