The Canada Thread - Vol. 2

You're on Page 2 of 34
Go to
  • Not much action on here lately - I hope everyone is doing well!
  • Hi! On day 2 after taking 6 months off... And gained back 21 lbs out of 30 lost. But ohhhhh whadda summer it was lol. Back at it with a vengeance! Frost on the grass this morning makes me wanna stay warm in bed all day!
  • Hello from the NWT where there is no snow (every day I can say that in October is a good day!!!)

Got my meals planned for the day which always makes me feel so much more in control - sometimes dinners are a bit slapdash, need to work on that.

I can't believe it is almost Thanksgiving - looking forward to our trip to NB but also getting anxious about thanksgiving dinner.

Hope everyone is having a good day!
  • Quote: Hello from the NWT where there is no snow (every day I can say that in October is a good day!!!)

Got my meals planned for the day which always makes me feel so much more in control - sometimes dinners are a bit slapdash, need to work on that.

I can't believe it is almost Thanksgiving - looking forward to our trip to NB but also getting anxious about thanksgiving dinner.

Hope everyone is having a good day!
    Wow. That is a big trip. It is on my bucket list to go to NB in the fall one year!
    Glad you have your menus planned. Way to be on top of it. I could learn a lot from you!
  • Hello everyone,

Nobody should be anxious about thanksgiving dinner, this is the easiest holiday to fit into IP, we can eat turkey, the lean part, instead of mashed potatoes, mashed rutabaga and lots of vegggies.

You can do it
  • Hi fellow Canadians,
    I'm looking forward to Turkey and steamed vegies. I said to DH only one dinner this year, no more trying to fit both sides of the family in two dinners into one day.
  • Good afternoon all. It's a sunny day here in NW Ont.
    This is my last week of IP food, next week I will be starting a program developed by my coach. It follows the same formula as IP but with real food, adding in exercise and even mental/emotional journaling. Looking forward to it but nervous as I have been doing well with IP. WI yesterday saw 3lbs gone
    Looking forward to Thanksgiving! I love roasted turkey! I admit I will miss the cranberry sauce and stuffing.. but I can have it another time.. in moderation..
  • No Thanksgiving concerns here... Turkey, veggies, unlimited lettuce. Lol pretty simple!
  • I want to try to make an alternative to the IP jello. I have been buying the sugarfree puddings and adding protein powder to them but I can't find a protein powder that is not "milky" Does anyone know where I can find a clear protein powder?
  • We had an early Thanksgiving with the kids and grandparents yesterday. We are going on vacation and will be gone next weekend.

It was actually pretty easy. I made regular dinner for them, I had turkey, cauliflower mashed, coleslaw, beans and I made the vanilla pudding with pumpkin pie spices in it. It was great. The best part was I didn't feel like a beached whale when I was done. I was full but not overstuffed.

This was the first major holiday on IP. I know now it is totally doable
  • Quote: We had an early Thanksgiving with the kids and grandparents yesterday. We are going on vacation and will be gone next weekend.

It was actually pretty easy. I made regular dinner for them, I had turkey, cauliflower mashed, coleslaw, beans and I made the vanilla pudding with pumpkin pie spices in it. It was great. The best part was I didn't feel like a beached whale when I was done. I was full but not overstuffed.

Great job! You totally tacked that holiday hurdle!
    And THAT is why you reached your goal and will prolly lose even more. You are truly an inspiration!
  • Quote: We had an early Thanksgiving with the kids and grandparents yesterday. We are going on vacation and will be gone next weekend.

Congrats!! I know how you feel!

Hello to all you fellow Canadians (Ontario here)!

I also had an early Thanksgiving meal yesterday and stuck with turkey, and three different types of veggies, plus coleslaw. I had acorn squash with a bit of splenda mashed and baked in the oven. It was delicious!! I said, 'no' to my mother's pumpkin pie and chocolate cake which is very unlike me. I didn't even think twice about saying no. The veggies and protein is so filling!
  • Happy almost Thanksgiving to all!

I posted this on the daily thread but for those doing alternatives - Costco has the Premier Protein shakes on sale this week - $6 off a case.

Hope that helps someone!

Jo
  • Quote: Happy almost Thanksgiving to all!

I posted this on the daily thread but for those doing alternatives - Costco has the Premier Protein shakes on sale this week - $6 off a case.

Hope that helps someone!

Jo
    Happy Thanksgiving to you!
    And thanks for the Costco lead!
    I always get my Detour bars and coconut and also grape seed oil from there... And $200 worth of random other goods. Lol
  • Quote: Happy almost Thanksgiving to all!

Hope that helps someone!

Jo
    Happy thanksgiving Jo - and all my other fellow canadians

LOVING the hot pink pants!