The Canada Thread - Vol. 2

You're on Page 16 of 34
Go to
  • Quote: Welcome to ElsaJT and congrats to everyone that has lost this week! Sooo great! I had my WI today and lost 2.2 as well which I was thrilled with as last week was 0. The week prior, I was sooo hungry (TOM) and was worried that I was going to cheat because of those nasty cravings and she said that I could eat up to 4 packets a day..which I did this week and still lost. My coach told me that if I continue to eat 4 packets that I will still lose weight.. has anyone else been doing that? It sounds good as it gets rid of some of those gaps in my day where I get soo hungry but I'm wondering if others have been successful in losing weight with that many packets.

Have a great day everyone!
    Yep, I often used 4 packets a day - not always - about 1/2 the week and I didn't always use my restricted as a choice - sometimes 4 unrestricted.
    I also did the Alternate plan when I had a stall (for my last couple of weeks of P1 and into P2/3) including 1 dairy, 1 fruit, and 1 starch a day - still lost weight even into P3 when you typically gain back some glycogen stores. It was what my body needed I guess - my coach & I decided to tweak things a little and it worked wonderfully for me.

CONGRATS to all the gals on challenge; you are all doing so well! YAAAAY!

Liana
  • CONGRATS TO EVERYONE THIS WEEK!!!
    It seems like everyone has done fantastic!!

I will go and gather everybody's weights and post them tomorrow from last Wednesday's weights

So happy everyone is doing well. I can tell my TOM is coming, hope it doesn't affect things too much.
  • Congrats to everyone!!! I just posted here and asked about whether Swiss Chalet was a safe choice to go out to eat...and it appears as though it is...I found out and deleted my inquiry The nutritional info has 0 sugars in the chicken. I was concerned that they might inject sugar in the chicken or something...frozen chicken nutritional info tends to have sugar in it...so I was concerned. I will work around the sides....can`t remember what the options are but I`ll be prepared with some homemade salad dressing.

Anyhow, now my original inquiry post has become an FYI!
  • Congrats to everyone for a FABULOUS WEEK!!!
    I had a good week too, I didn't post my results but I lost 5.6.. really good week, not too sure why lol...

Here are the results for the "Wednesday Weigh-In Challenge"
    WEIGHT INS:
    ChipNDip: W1: 219 W2: 216.5 Loss = 2.5
    SusanneXo90: W1: 187 W2: 181.6 Loss = 5.6
    Sheriously: W1: 180.5 W2: 176.8 Loss = 3.6
    Kaylynt: W1: 193 W2: 188.5 Loss = 4.5
    nsesmith: W1: 235
    I thought I would add Canadjineh because you are maintaining and contributing your weights and maintenance is super important: W2: 131.2

Congrats on everyone this week!! Everyone had fantastic losses so far! YAY!
  • Quote: ElsaJt

Your first official WI... how exciting!! Let us know how things go. There's also a good thread for "What Are You Eating IPeeps?" if you need some ideas and menu support.

Liana

Seeing as it's "Weigh-in Wednesday" for the gals on the challenge, I thought I'd just add mine... at 131.2 lbs today. My official biweekly weigh in with coach and my 'grad' photo for their Success Board happen on Monday the 14th. Have to plan the outfit... formfitting clothing so the change is obvious, but not sleazy, lol.
    I am happy for you on your weight loss and success! i am sure it must be sooo exciting to plan the outfit

It was exciting. I lost nearly 5 pounds so am pretty excited! Thank you. I will check out that link. So far I have managed to plan a week ahead and put down the menu on my fridge. I'd be more than happy to share the menu I prepared if anybody would like.

Spring is finally here and there's so much of energy and such a change after this winter!!
  • Quote: Congrats to everyone!!! I just posted here and asked about whether Swiss Chalet was a safe choice to go out to eat...and it appears as though it is...I found out and deleted my inquiry The nutritional info has 0 sugars in the chicken. I was concerned that they might inject sugar in the chicken or something...frozen chicken nutritional info tends to have sugar in it...so I was concerned. I will work around the sides....can`t remember what the options are but I`ll be prepared with some homemade salad dressing.

Anyhow, now my original inquiry post has become an FYI!
    Thanks for the info. My new favourite is to have the chopped salad from SubWay. By the time they make it and I add all the veggies, it's huge and I can just use my own dressing pack. I like the travel pack from Renees -- Tuscan Italian -- that you can get at Loblaws to use in a pinch.

I thought I was being so healthy having the DQ or McD salads when we went through a drive through and I never realized the "inject sugar" thing for awhile. Very sad when I found out. It still beats the McNuggets, but how frustrating that our "healthy" choices aren't all that healthy after all.
  • Fellow Calgarian checking in here! So not impressed with the weather today - more snow after it had all melted!

Had my weigh in today and didn't lose anything - I am not surprised as I had a few cheats earlier in the week and then put on my big girl panties only to have an IBS flare. Oh well, this week will be a better week!

My coach was keen on me getting some ketostix and for what it's worth, they said I am not in ketosis (not sure I believe them having seen what others have written about their value but wouldn't be surprised if I wasn't).

I was super hungry last week so was happy to see the post about eating 4 packets in a day - I might be a bit more lenient with myself on this one as I have tried not to do this since early days.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!
  • Yes the weather in Calgary today really stinks! There's nothing I wanted more than to spend time outside walking the pup today. She is not a fan of the snow so we are hiding inside.
  • Thank you canadjinah for responding....I am relieved that it can still work with eating 4 packets. I don't need it everyday but it will help get through those days where I am extra hungry....on those days I have been eating 2 packs of salt and vinegar crisps and am loving it...doesn't feel like I am missing out on anything.
  • Quote: just received my first order from Nourish Studios.

11 boxes of proti diet, $16/box + taxes =$202 (shipping was free because I ordered 11 boxes)

Much cheaper than ideal protein!!!

I will be trying the pancakes tomorrow for breakfast
    Jasmine, How did you make out with the Protidiet products? Do you find them comparable taste wise to IP? I'm debating on whether or not to try some and would appreciate your feedback!
  • Quote: Jasmine, How did you make out with the Protidiet products? Do you find them comparable taste wise to IP? I'm debating on whether or not to try some and would appreciate your feedback!

How did you hear about this Nuorish Studios? I am thinking about ordering -it sure is cheaper! Did they have a good selection of products, puddings, bars, soups? How did you find out what they had, their website is so limited.
  • IP Alternatives in Canada and Web Stores
    Hello Fellow Canadians,

I recently heard that ProtiDiet is available in Canada at a fraction of the cost of IP. Is the product really equivalent to IP? Also are there any web stores in Canada or do you have to deal with a clinic? Are there any other alternative products in Canada? I have been on IP for 6 weeks and down 17 lbs so far. I like the program a lot but still open to other options.
  • Quote: Hello Fellow Canadians,

I recently heard that ProtiDiet is available in Canada at a fraction of the cost of IP. Is the product really equivalent to IP? Also are there any web stores in Canada or do you have to deal with a clinic? Are there any other alternative products in Canada? I have been on IP for 6 weeks and down 17 lbs so far. I like the program a lot but still open to other options.
    I've been eyeing the NashuaNutrition site, but the shipping cost is $40. It's worth it, I'd still save money, but I too am wondering if I can buy it in Canada and save the shipping.
  • I have a confession to make. My son had 4 seizures on Saturday, so I spent the whole weekend at the hospital and couldn't leave. I ate off plan...then ate off Plan on Monday and Tuesday cause I wanted too . Last night my guilt caught up with me and good news is: I feel now more than ever that this diet works and I want to stick to it, even if I had a slip-up.

Today I don't feel completely ashamed. And have been OP.

Weight wise, compared to last WI I did no damage, but I didn't make any progress either. Still 188.5
  • Quote:
    Today I don't feel completely ashamed. And have been OP.
    Congrats! Two accomplishments! ON plan, and guilt free!