Closed Thread

Old 09-23-2013, 10:16 AM   #16  
Started IP 6/14/2013

S/C/G: 205/195/140

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxxy View Post
Good morning all. I officially start phase 2 for this week. Although I am almost at goal and I know I have to phase off for vacation, I am a little nervous. I love getting on the scale in the morning and seeing how it has gone down. I know that will be slower on phase2 but I just need to wrap my head around that. Phase 1 was just so easy! Now I actually have decisions to make....lol

I think I may also reset my goal after vacation. I am only 3 lbs away but I think I could do more. I will revisit that after we come back.

But for today....Phase 2, bring it on!
woot!
Old 09-23-2013, 10:19 AM   #17  
On plan since June 23/13

S/C/G: 197/153/150

Height: 5'3"

Good morning all. I officially start phase 2 for this week. Although I am almost at goal and I know I have to phase off for vacation, I am a little nervous. I love getting on the scale in the morning and seeing how it has gone down. I know that will be slower on phase2 but I just need to wrap my head around that. Phase 1 was just so easy! Now I actually have decisions to make....lol

I think I may also reset my goal after vacation. I am only 3 lbs away but I think I could do more. I will revisit that after we come back.

But for today....Phase 2, bring it on!
Old 09-23-2013, 10:24 AM   #18  
Started IP 9/10/2013

S/C/G: 220/157/145

Height: 5'5"

Good morning - now on day 14 of IP and feeling great. Had my first big challenge this weekend as DH and I went on a mini-vacation to the mountains. Was a bit worried, but packed my packets/supplements ahead. Our dinner out on Saturday night went WAY better than expected, just ordered the 8 ounce steak, asked to have an extra helping of broccoli in place of the corn and potatoes (with no butter!) and and it came out as the perfect IP meal. And amazing how much cheaper dinner out can be with no drinks, appetizers or dessert! Overall, I was a bit short on water and veggies yesterday but pleased how the weekend went, feeling completely in control. Really looking forward to my WI tonight. Have a good day everyone!
Kathy
Old 09-23-2013, 10:31 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecmcnamee View Post
Morning everyone .. it's been awhile since I've been here. Have had some health issues that I had to deal with that have derailed my IP. I'm really disappointed with myself because I learned that I really didn't learn anything from this new way of eating .. that when push came to shove, I went right back to food. I guess I really need to work on that. I was down over 50 pounds and I've put about 15 back on ... I can really REALLY feel it too. I comforted myself with lots of carbs, sugar and craptastic food. Yesterday I cooked up chicken and portioned it out and froze it so there's no excuse not to eat on plan this week. Not looking forward to the next 3 or 4 days and getting back into ketosis but feeling the way I do right now is just not acceptable. Hope you all are well!
So sorry to hear this. There are a few of us waiting out some issues and trying to hold steady while we get to a good place, and staying connected here is the best way to idle until that happens. Best wishes.

Last edited by 65X65; 09-23-2013 at 10:31 AM.
Old 09-23-2013, 11:27 AM   #20  

Quote:
Originally Posted by KareVT View Post
I am visiting my Family this weekend in CT and then head to NYC for an overnight Sat/Sun. I am not so much nervous about the stay with my family as much as NYC.

This will be my first road trip on program and I wanted to ask for some best tips and practices in order to be the best prepared IP'er I can be.

I will be staying at a friends place in Manhattan - celebrating her husband's 40th Birthday Saturday evening. I'm not sure what restaurant so I can't look it up however, I can ask in advance (I suppose I should).

I definitely do NOT want to stray off plan, I don't want to drink (not even one, it's not worth it) and I REALLY don't want to eat out for fear of sugars sneaking into my food. But, let's be honest, I'm sure I'll be faced with this stuff so I want to be armed with knowledge - how do I best direct the waiter/waitress when I do go to a restaurant? How do I best prepare - do I travel on the train with a cooler filled with IP friendly veggies, my shakes and one restricted item?
You're doing the absolute right thing planning ahead!
We do our best in those situations. Just make sure everyone knows you'll need veggies (and what veggies do/do not work for you).

We cannot be afraid of restaurants.

That being said, there is bound to be something that sneaks in despite our best effort. And you know what? It is okay. I agree that staying out of chains is most helpful b/c they use the most pre-prepared. However, chefs use lots of marinades and sauces.

Best to order items dry (no butter, steamed, rather than sauteed), ask if there is butter or oil added to meats (a common practice), & of course salads sans dressing (after over a year on IP, I actually forgot this weekend! Luckily, the dressing wasn't sweet. I just counted it as my daily oil and moved on...not my preference but I made-do).

You're planning for success! You'll do great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecmcnamee View Post
Morning everyone .. it's been awhile since I've been here. Have had some health issues that I had to deal with that have derailed my IP. I'm really disappointed with myself because I learned that I really didn't learn anything from this new way of eating .. that when push came to shove, I went right back to food. I guess I really need to work on that. I was down over 50 pounds and I've put about 15 back on ... I can really REALLY feel it too. I comforted myself with lots of carbs, sugar and craptastic food. Yesterday I cooked up chicken and portioned it out and froze it so there's no excuse not to eat on plan this week. Not looking forward to the next 3 or 4 days and getting back into ketosis but feeling the way I do right now is just not acceptable. Hope you all are well!
The good thing is there is never a limit to getting back on the wagon.

Something I've learned along the way is that IP is only a fix for my weight. Not for the eating issues that got me there in the first place. I still fight urges to use food as comfort. IP doesn't remove this. It still sits there, just under the surface.

Seeing folks reach maintenance and then struggle, I realize that this is probably their issue as well (that, or a return to boredom eating). IP isn't a long-term solution for those of us to seek to "medicate" with food. It is sure helpful in the interim, however!

I believe books such as Beck Diet Solution and the Refuse to Regain book that one of our maintainers suggested about a month or so ago are probably excellent resources for those of us who are ready to confront our underlying food issues. Until they are confronted, we will continue to struggle with weight/returning to diets and weight management.

I, for one, do NOT want to have to do this again. Losing weight is HARD! It is practically a full-time job (added to our other full-time jobs!). I want to figure out how to stop "using" food in ways other than for feeding my body. Yes, I can feed it in an enjoyable manner but there is no reason to overfeed myself.

I hope by my sharing this you will see that you are NOT ALONE.
You have not failed.
You have returned to move on & move forward.
Confronting health issues is scary stuff. I hope you are better or have at least been presented with workable solutions.

We can do this together!

Last edited by lisa32989; 09-23-2013 at 11:28 AM.
Old 09-23-2013, 11:44 AM   #21  

Thanks for all your comments and support.. and thank you Lisa ... you are 100% correct in IP not being a solution for those of us who "medicate" with food. That's me ... I'm going to check out those books. Thanks for the suggestion.

Medical issues are getting under control. I need to undergo some more testing but I'm no longer having panic attacks about it.

I am going to check in here everyday again for motivation and support ... I think that's a good start .. and it's 11:44 a.m. here and I'm OP!
Old 09-23-2013, 12:42 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 150/150/125

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post

Something I've learned along the way is that IP is only a fix for my weight. Not for the eating issues that got me there in the first place. I still fight urges to use food as comfort. IP doesn't remove this. It still sits there, just under the surface.

!
Isn't that the truth.. thanks Lisa as always for the words of wisdom!! I haven't been on these boards in a loong while but am back on Phase I for a couple of days and needed some inspiration ( been letting little nibbles get the best of me the past couple weeks, and hit the upper scream weight!) It is sooooo true that the emotional eating thing is a battle that you can't assume is over just because you are at goal weight. Boy, is it still a battle for me, and I am so glad to have places like 3fc to go to help work these issues out. =)
Old 09-23-2013, 12:42 PM   #23  
IP Start: 05/16/13

S/C/G: 215.8/140.3/145

Good morning all. Congrats on the losses and welcome to the new and returning peeps. I am staring down another super-busy day which was made late by my boyfriend's filling coming out and needing to take him to the dentist. Alas! In all my hurrying about, I forgot my IP packets, but have some in the office (lingering around) but need to get on top of getting more here (duh me).

Happy Monday!!!
Old 09-23-2013, 12:48 PM   #24  
Started IP 9/10/2013

S/C/G: 220/157/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarita75 View Post
Good morning all. Congrats on the losses and welcome to the new and returning peeps. I am staring down another super-busy day which was made late by my boyfriend's filling coming out and needing to take him to the dentist. Alas! In all my hurrying about, I forgot my IP packets, but have some in the office (lingering around) but need to get on top of getting more here (duh me).

Happy Monday!!!
That's good advice - I've been very careful so far about measuring out everything I need for the day (no more, no less) but should be prepared in case of an emergency. I am laser focused on this!
Old 09-23-2013, 01:05 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 230.8/199.5/150

Height: 5'2

Hi everyone! For the last few days I have had a strange feeling like I am falling off the wagon, even though I have been completely OP. I came to realize that I'm not falling off the wagon or cheating, I'm just thinking about what I'm eating a whole lot less because eating OP has become second nature. I don't have to worry about where I am going to get my veggies or if what I am ordering has sugar, because I am on a roll and have this way of eating down pat. It's a great feeling!

Hope everyone has a great Monday
Old 09-23-2013, 01:13 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 250/225(First Goal)

Height: 5'8"

Good morning fellow IPers , another 2.6 lbs. and 2.75 inches, I'm back on track .....I love coming to this forum, I always get inspiration from you all, I don't post a lot but I'm always here , congrats to all the losses and staying OP in spite of obstacles that always seem to pop up in our crazy lives, lol. Have a great OP week

Diana
Old 09-23-2013, 01:53 PM   #27  
Started IP 5/13/13

S/C/G: 185/128/135

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Hi everyone! Just returned after a week in Arizona visiting family and celebrating our 28th wedding anniversary. Was able to stay OP the entire time, even with some impromptu restaurant stops. Came prepared with dressing and even stopped at a Safeway to pick up some dill pickles and some salad dressing fixings on the road. It is challenging sometimes to find the veggies needed in restaurants, but it is totally doable, and sometimes you just gotta eat a salad and then have something later, if they don't have what you need. I agree with others about bringing your own dressing though. KareVT, you can buy those small silicone dressing bottles for travel and they fit nicely in your purse. I always take a few small Ziploc baggies to carry them in, so they don't leak in my purse.

Restaurants were my biggest fear when I started IP and now they are just part of my routine. I love Mongolian Stir Fry places, because I can pick my sauces and veggies and eat right along with everyone else for lunch or dinner; just no rice or noodles, and watch the ingredients in the sauces. I usually go with ginger, garlic and soy sauce and it is yummy, then sprinkle a little red pepper flakes on top.

I am down another 3 lbs this morning, after our week away, and am now only 1 lb from my original goal. I am not sure if this is my ultimate goal and will continue on P1 until I feel good about going to P2. What a great feeling, and I agree with amt6, this is so easy for me now. It is just how I eat.
Old 09-23-2013, 01:54 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 150/150/125

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post

!
Isn't that the truth.. thanks Lisa as always for the words of wisdom!! I haven't been on these boards in a loong while but am back on Phase I for a couple of days and needed some inspiration ( been letting little nibbles get the best of me the past couple weeks, and hit the upper scream weight!) It is sooooo true that the emotional eating thing is a battle that you can't assume is over just because you are at goal weight. Boy, is it still a battle for me, and I am so glad to have places like 3fc to go to help work these issues out. =)
Old 09-23-2013, 02:01 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 233/233/130

I have a mirgraine that just hit me like a freight train
Old 09-23-2013, 02:13 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 233/233/130

I will try that. I have some in my water too. The weather is changing too so that plays a factor. I hate these things! I have had my first one when I was 8!
Closed Thread