Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2013, 11:02 PM   #361  
Started IP 6-5-13

S/C/G: 211.4/154.0/155

Height: 5'7 and a half!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReenHag View Post
Good evening, August friends!

It is so great to keep up with everyone! It seems like the August group is on a roll and doing great! Lots of losses and NSV's to be proud of.

I just had WI #8, and I am so pleased with my progress so far. However, I am worried about the hair loss issue. My hair just feels thinner, though I am not seeing much in my brush or anything. I have seen references to biotin, assuming this is a supplement. Is it available only from IP coaches or from elsewhere? I follow the plan on alternate products, so if this is something I could get from the Vitamin shoppe or elsewhere, that would help. I also saw that some people with this issue are taking extra Omega. If there is anything else that ya'll recommend, please share. Thanks!
I get the Target brand Up and Up Biotin 5000 mg. It is GF.
Old 10-24-2013, 06:18 AM   #362  
Renee~ Started IP Aug. 25

S/C/G: 186/136.4/125

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalWolf View Post
I get the Target brand Up and Up Biotin 5000 mg. It is GF.
Thanks!
Old 10-24-2013, 04:44 PM   #363  
Started IP 8/22/13

S/C/G: 258/191/175

Height: 5'7"

Quick post as I run between events! Today I got to visit a man who was an amazing costume jewelry designer/craftsman. If any of you are into rhinestone/vintage jewelry, he is the man behind the "Dominique" signature. I've known he and his wife for years but hadn't seen them in 4 years. He turned 90 in Sept. and about 3 years ago had a series of mini strokes so he is not quite all here anymore. It was very sad to see him that way, but every so often there would be a glimmer of the vibrant man he used to be. His speech is slurred and hard to understand, and he doesn't speak much. At first I didn't think he knew who I was. Then at one point he said he was cold so I got up to close the window because his wife was busy. He looked at me and said, clear as a bell, "You've lost weight!" How is that for an amazing story??

Bless his heart, and bless his wonderful wife (who is 55) for all the hard work and patience she shows as his sole caregiver.
Old 10-24-2013, 06:35 PM   #364  

S/C/G: IP Restart: 181.2/175.6/130

Hi Augusters!

Glad as always to check in and read everyone's positive comments!

WI #10 was today and I met my first minigoal of 25 lbs! That's an average of 2.5 lbs a week which is soooo much better than what I've ever achieved on any other diet. So grateful I found this program!
Old 10-25-2013, 11:40 AM   #365  
IP start 8/15/13

S/C/G: 244/211/195

Height: 5'7

Good Morning Augusters!
Just checking in. Congrats on the NSV and losses!
Won't be having an official WI until Nov. Seems strange, that you actually look forward to being weigh and measured. Closest clinic 1 1/2 hours round trip, couldn't make this week and next week my son is having surgery. Have stayed on plan but running short on packets means I really have to plan ahead.
Here's to TGIF hope everyone has an excellent weekend.
Do miss that this thread is slowing down.

Last edited by MsKitty; 10-25-2013 at 11:45 AM.
Old 10-25-2013, 02:40 PM   #366  

S/C/G: 160/tracker/125

Height: 5'2"

I also started August25, lost 15 lb so far, and 2 dress sizes!!
Old 10-25-2013, 02:51 PM   #367  

S/C/G: 272/224/205

Height: 5'11

So been on IP for 10 weeks and lost 42 lbs but hit a plateau...feeling for the first time real cravings at night for food.
So hanging in there and recommitting each day to work through this phase
Old 10-26-2013, 08:56 AM   #368  
Started IP 8/22/13

S/C/G: 258/191/175

Good morning! This trip is going well IP-wise. And what motivation to keep going! People hadn't seen me in either 1 year or 4 years, and EVERYONE noticed the weight loss. Between that and growing my hair out for the first time since I was 14, several people I've known for years (casually) didn't recognize me until we had name tags!

I am sad this thread is slowing down too. I hope that it's because people are posting elsewhere or are so settled into the IP routine that they don't have much to say, and not because they've given up. Dieting is HARD and getting into the right head space isn't easy. I am thankful I got there and so far, 10 weeks in, am still there. Thank goodness for seeing results to keep up my motivation!

I hope you are all doing well. Have a great weekend.
Old 10-26-2013, 09:36 AM   #369  
Reboot 10/24/15 - Age 49

S/C/G: 217.5/202.3/155

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggermd View Post
So been on IP for 10 weeks and lost 42 lbs but hit a plateau...feeling for the first time real cravings at night for food.
I feel your pain, last night I was craving all kinds of non IP food, I drank hot tea but it did not help. So I went to bed at 8pm so I couldn't get into any trouble!!

This morning I stepped in the scale and I dropped 3.5 this week. I am one pound away from being exactly half way to goal. I confess, after 9 weeks on this some days are HARD, but all in all this is the easiest way to lose pounds and inches ever for me.
Old 10-26-2013, 09:40 AM   #370  
IP start date 8/1/2013

S/C/G: 195/138.6/130

Height: 4'10

Oh man talk about cravings! The candy is freaking Everywhere!

I've mainly been in 90% thread! just because of all he drama other places
Old 10-26-2013, 09:49 AM   #371  

S/C/G: 251/208/180

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockabillygirl View Post
Quick post as I run between events! Today I got to visit a man who was an amazing costume jewelry designer/craftsman. If any of you are into rhinestone/vintage jewelry, he is the man behind the "Dominique" signature. I've known he and his wife for years but hadn't seen them in 4 years. He turned 90 in Sept. and about 3 years ago had a series of mini strokes so he is not quite all here anymore. It was very sad to see him that way, but every so often there would be a glimmer of the vibrant man he used to be. His speech is slurred and hard to understand, and he doesn't speak much. At first I didn't think he knew who I was. Then at one point he said he was cold so I got up to close the window because his wife was busy. He looked at me and said, clear as a bell, "You've lost weight!" How is that for an amazing story??

Bless his heart, and bless his wonderful wife (who is 55) for all the hard work and patience she shows as his sole caregiver.
Aww how sweet is that!!! Yet heart breaking
Old 10-26-2013, 09:50 AM   #372  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolasmurf View Post

Stay strong Nola...you are doing great! That was why I posted the hallowed eve of chocolate thread a while back...maybe we need to bump that this week to see how everyone is playing the avoidance game. It's much harder if you have kids at home and sending strong vibes for you and everyone to get through the week...
Old 10-26-2013, 09:57 AM   #373  

S/C/G: 251/208/180

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalii99 View Post
I've been away from forum a few weeks and missed all the motivation... I was only down 1 lb last WI and need to get back to tracking my meals... I got lax on doing my journal and while not eating off plan I know I'm missing veggies and some days having 2 restricted due to convenience. I'm thinking of skipping my WI on Wednesday and use the week to get back on track.
Kali how are you doing better???? I find when I don't write in my book I forget and end up eating to much. A couple times I even had a packet to much. Forgetting in the heat of things at work I grabbed a bag. hope you are better!!
Old 10-26-2013, 01:28 PM   #374  

S/C/G: 157/119.8/125 r/b 136/136/125

Height: 5'2"

Quote:

I teach K...not only is the candy everywhere in the stores, there is a jar of candy corn on my desk! Parents & other teachers will walk in & grab a handful - I use it for counting practice with my kinders & haven't eaten one YET...I'm trying to satisfy my craving for sweets by just smelling them - wonder how long that will hold those cravings
Old 10-26-2013, 01:57 PM   #375  
Renee~ Started IP Aug. 25

S/C/G: 186/136.4/125

Quote:
Originally Posted by masenki View Post
I also started August25, lost 15 lb so far, and 2 dress sizes!!
Way to go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggermd View Post
Yes, hang in there! Your 42-pound loss is awesome! I am right at the same place you are (my ten-week WI is tomorrow), and I have lost about thirty so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockabillygirl View Post
Good morning! This trip is going well IP-wise. And what motivation to keep going! People hadn't seen me in either 1 year or 4 years, and EVERYONE noticed the weight loss. Between that and growing my hair out for the first time since I was 14, several people I've known for years (casually) didn't recognize me until we had name tags!

I am sad this thread is slowing down too. I hope that it's because people are posting elsewhere or are so settled into the IP routine that they don't have much to say, and not because they've given up.
Awesome news on your trip! I know you enjoyed every compliment. You deserve it! I agree that the thread is slowing down, but I hope it is more that the Augusters are just settling into a routine. I also post often on the daily chats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuscany123 View Post
I feel your pain, last night I was craving all kinds of non IP food, I drank hot tea but it did not help. So I went to bed at 8pm so I couldn't get into any trouble!!

This morning I stepped in the scale and I dropped 3.5 this week. I am one pound away from being exactly half way to goal. I confess, after 9 weeks on this some days are HARD, but all in all this is the easiest way to lose pounds and inches ever for me.
Congrats on your loss! I totally agree that this is the easiest way to lose I have ever tried.

Quote:
Oh man talk about cravings! The candy is everywhere!
Thankfully I am not seeing too much candy; that will come this week at work. However, I feel pretty strong when it comes to those temptations. I did buy our Halloween candy last week, and I made sure to get things I do NOT like LOL! No chocolate for the kiddies this year!

I was totally thrilled this morning by an NSV. My new jeans were getting a little loose, I tried on a pair of size ten jeans, and they BUTTONED and ZIPPED! So excited! I won't wear them out yet, but maybe next weekend...
Closed Thread