Closed Thread

Old 09-23-2013, 06:40 PM   #46  

S/C/G: IP Restart: 181.2/175.6/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellimomo3 View Post
Ok so I am wondering what is the "normal" practice for coaches. How long do your weigh in meetings last? Do you get measured each week? I feel very rushed through mine, like it's just about the money I am going to spend on the products and not about coaching. I learn much more here. Just curious if maybe I am expecting too much and what my coach does is the norm. Feedback....
My appointment usually lasts about 15 minutes. I also email my food requests ahead of time. I get weighed, measured and get the body composition analysis done each week. My coach takes a look through my food diary and we talk about how the week was and any questions I might have. She occasionally brings up a topic like eating out and gives me some tips. She's also good about responding to emails during the week if I have questions in between visits. From what it seems on these threads, there is lots of variation in how coaches do things!
Old 09-23-2013, 06:52 PM   #47  
IP start date 8/1/2013

S/C/G: 195/138.6/130

Height: 4'10

Quote:
Ok so I am wondering what is the "normal" practice for coaches. How long do your weigh in meetings last? Do you get measured each week? I feel very rushed through mine, like it's just about the money I am going to spend on the products and not about coaching. I learn much more here. Just curious if maybe I am expecting too much and what my coach does is the norm. Feedback....
My appt's are usually about 20 mins as well. My coach knows that I get a lot of advice from my co worker here as she's lost 50 lbs on the program and knows I'm on 3FC a lot. He'll respond to emails during the week/evenings as well. I'm so forgetful I'll try and email him as soon as something pops in my head. I also send him an email the day before my appt with my order. This was his suggestion so we spend more time talking. He's never rushed me and I'm guess he craves out his appts in 30 min blocks. Never though to ask.
Old 09-23-2013, 07:05 PM   #48  
Restart - June17/15

S/C/G: 221/215/160

Height: 5"6

Quote:
Good morning my August friends!!! Hit the 20 pound mark on the home scale today!! Whooo-hooo!!
Fantastic! WTG!!
Old 09-23-2013, 07:10 PM   #49  
Restart - June17/15

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliExpat View Post
Hi Lovely Augusters!!!

I had my 4th WI today and it was good but could have been better because cheated and it showed in my numbers!!!! DH made bacon on Sat and Sun and I had ONE PIECE each day and it caused my fat percentage to rise .5%!!!! I lost 2lbs which is good but I wanted to loose at least 3 this week to achieve a total of 20lbs in a month. I'm one pound shy...why??? BACON!!!! OH! And I wasn't eating any restricted items but I need to do so now because I'm loosing lean muscle mass :-( I've lost 19 in total but it's 10lbs fat and 9lbs lean muscle. I feel fine, but that's what the numbers say; so it's chocolate muffins for breakfast this week, lol.

Hopefully the restricted foods will prevent any more LM loss. That's it for me Augusters. Lesson learned, don't cheat...not even just a taste!!
Great loss and lesson learned We are human!
Old 09-23-2013, 08:49 PM   #50  
Started IP Aug 19, 2013

S/C/G: 218/187.5/144

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by schenectady View Post
I need to be more assertive in meeting my needs when out. These are real world situations we will all face when we are on maintenance and in all the years to come. I do not want to "hide" from eating out because I do not learn anything that way, and I miss all the fun.

Look forward to hitting -30 pounds next week, please!
I've not yet had to face eating in a restaurant, but when I do I will benefit from all the 'lessons learned' shared on this forum! Good Luck with 30 lbs at your next weigh in!! Wow, that's awesome! I'm hoping to hit 20 down (at least!) this week myself!

Kellimom03, my appts are usually about 15 min also. There are 2 coaches I alternate with. One checks my food journal, one just asks me about it. Both are good at asking if I have any questions and provide answers, share recipes, share their experiences (both went through IP), etc. Weigh weekly, measurements once a month.
Old 09-23-2013, 09:35 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 199.5/ticker/135

Height: 5'5"

Congrats on the great WIs everyone!

My coach was sick today when I went for my WI, unfortunately I like the person who was filling in more than I like my coach. I have to ask my coach to look at my journal and do measurements when I want them. I am not even sure how to change clinics, so I will continue to go there because I need to be accountable to someone else besides me.

On a more positive note, I am down 3.6 this week and it is my TOM. I love IP!
Old 09-24-2013, 12:01 AM   #52  
IP start date: 2/8/2013

S/C/G: 230/207/160

Height: 5'2

Default I'm Back!

Hello Ladies!

Got home from my Vacation in Los Angeles yesterday. Finally unpacked and laundry done. Finally have a chance to sit down and read through some posts! Looks like everyone has been doing fantastic! Way to go everyone!

Me, not so much. I ate off plan all week last week. Today is my first day back on P1 and it has been tough. I could eat my arm off, and I have a pounder of a headache this evening. UGH. Almost not even worth eating all the yummy stuff I had, to have to restart P1 with all these gross symptoms again. I know some of you will be like "told ya so" lol. Oh well, lesson learned! And to top off all of this, I gained 7 lbs in a week! Yikes. I am sure that is not all fat, but still the scale is showing up that much and it is so frustrating...but I was expecting it. Still doesn't make it any easier, but I am determined to get back to 207lbs where I was when I left and then keep losing from there. I just have to push through these first few days again and then I should be good...anyways, I will keep you posted on how this restarting goes!!!

Last edited by jmanovich; 09-24-2013 at 11:22 PM. Reason: added pic
Old 09-24-2013, 03:53 AM   #53  
IP Start date Aug.11,2013

S/C/G: 291.8/258.8/180

Height: 5'5"

So much for planning my meals today.. got to work at 10 had breakfast (cappuccino shake) at 1230/1 was told at 130 that my co worker called in sick. meaning i got to eat my snack (brownie) during a 10 min break at 445. only break of the day. was off at 6 didnt get out until 645 (relief was late) and today was grocery shopping day. so i rush to the store so i can get my veggies, & water and what do they have on display on sale right when i walked in... maple doughnuts had my mouth been opened i would have drooled a bit lol. i got what i needed and left without the doughnuts by the time i got home this evening i was feeling like my stomach was eating itself. so i made a chicken stirfry and added the 2 cups of veggies i missed at lunch to my dinner veggies. I was able to get my 80oz+ of water in & hoping having all those veggies in one meal doesnt mess my week up.
Old 09-24-2013, 06:14 AM   #54  

S/C/G: 180.2/139/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by I can do anything View Post

My coach was sick today when I went for my WI, unfortunately I like the person who was filling in more than I like my coach. I have to ask my coach to look at my journal and do measurements when I want them. I am not even sure how to change clinics, so I will continue to go there because I need to be accountable to someone else besides me.

I wonder if you and I go to the same coach!!?? My coach was sick at my weigh in last night and I like the woman who filled in too!!! Congrats on ur weight loss and which IP location do u go to in CT??
Old 09-24-2013, 06:16 AM   #55  
Restart - June17/15

Quote:
Originally Posted by I can do anything View Post

Fantasttic Job!
Old 09-24-2013, 06:18 AM   #56  
Restart - June17/15

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmanovich View Post
Hello Ladies!

Got home from my Vacation in Los Angeles yesterday. Finally unpacked and laundry done. Finally have a chance to sit down and read through some posts! Looks like everyone has been doing fantastic! Way to go everyone!

Me, not so much. I ate off plan all week last week. Today is my first day back on P1 and it has been tough. I could eat my arm off, and I have a pounder of a headache this evening. UGH. Almost not even worth eating all the yummy stuff I had, to have to restart P1 with all these gross symptoms again. I know some of you will be like "told ya so" lol. Oh well, lesson learned! And to top off all of this, I gained 7 lbs in a week! Yikes. I am sure that is not all fat, but still the scale is showing up that much and it is so frustrating...but I was expecting it. Still doesn't make it any easier, but I am determined to get back to 207lbs where I was when I left and then keep losing from there. I just have to push through these first few days again and then I should be good...anyways, I will keep you posted on how this restarting goes!!!

Lastly, here is a pic of my daughter and I from Disneyland! We had a blast!

Great pic! Looks like yo u had fun! I am sure it was hard to stay OP where you were.. good luck getting back on track! I hear you about going through the headaches etc.. that alone would be enough to deter me from going off plan ughh
Old 09-24-2013, 07:23 AM   #57  
Started IP Aug 19, 2013

S/C/G: 218/187.5/144

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitesandybeaches View Post
i rush to the store so i can get my veggies, & water and what do they have on display on sale right when i walked in... maple doughnuts had my mouth been opened i would have drooled a bit lol. i got what i needed and left without the doughnuts ....made a chicken stirfry and added the 2 cups of veggies i missed at lunch to my dinner veggies. I was able to get my 80oz+ of water in
GREAT job! That was not an easy day, and you stayed OP! (....and maple doughnuts.....my!) Good for you

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmanovich View Post
Hello Ladies!

Got home from my Vacation in Los Angeles yesterday. I ate off plan all week last week. ...... lesson learned! ..... I am determined to get back to 207lbs where I was when I left and then keep losing from there. I just have to push through these first few days again and then I should be good...Lastly, here is a pic of my daughter and I from Disneyland! We had a blast!
Welcome back!! Great pic - looks like you had a wonderful time! Getting back on track takes a lot of determination, but I know you can DO IT!! It's a bump in the road - keep the final goal in mind!

Have a great day, everyone!!
Old 09-24-2013, 08:36 AM   #58  
Started IP 8/22/13

S/C/G: 258/191/175

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
My coach's appointments are 30 min blocks. It doesn't usually take that long, but I kind of determine that. The clinic only sees one patient at a time (it's a 2-3 person office), so we all get to know each other and greet each other like friends. I get measured every week, and they help me select my foods.

I feel very fortunate because I read other's posts and know that my clinic is one of the good ones!
Old 09-24-2013, 09:29 AM   #59  
IP -9/15/13 @goal 1/18/14

S/C/G: 184.4/157 /137

Height: 5'4

schenectady:

There you go! Who cares if he gave you a weird look, you rocked the program! I leave next Tuesday night for a 3 day business trip and initially I was panicking but you guys give me such confidence to state to the hotel and the restaurants EXACTLY what I want. Way to go!

Last edited by ecdcslim; 09-24-2013 at 09:34 AM.
Old 09-24-2013, 10:04 AM   #60  

S/C/G: 247/232/175

[QUOTE=slownsteady;4847043]I've not yet had to face eating in a restaurant, but when I do I will benefit from all the 'lessons learned' shared on this forum! Good Luck with 30 lbs at your next weigh in!! Wow, that's awesome! I'm hoping to hit 20 down (at least!) this week myself!

I've been on for 7 weeks now. I'm disappointed with my 18 pounds but I had 2 weeks of absolutely no movement and some "C" issues. Plus some changes in my medicine. Anyway, I'm no poster child for the program but I have a lot of experience with eating out during weeks in which I lost 3 pounds. My son is away at college and I have visited several times. Although there is a lot of conversation about cross contamination of food when eating out, my coach's said making good choices is the focus.

This weekend we went to Outback Steakhouse. Although it sucked to watch my family eat cheese fries, I survived. For my meal I ordered a 6 oz sirloin, asparagus (hold the butter) and grilled shrimp. I still lost 3.2 pounds.

Previous weekends we did a buffet. At first glance that seems insane but it gives you so many choices. I load up on salad with vinegar & oil or a WF packet if I have one with me. There are always raw veggies available. Most have steamed broccoli. This one has grilled steak, peel & eat shrimp, and roasted chicken that I can pull off the skin.

I cannot do this program if I am deprived of these kind of social events. I make sure I do not have a restricted item when I'm going out for dinner. Those have a ton of carbs and probably more than I'm getting when eating out.

Just my 2 cents.
Closed Thread