3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Who started August 2013? Part II :) (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/287826-who-started-august-2013-part-ii.html)

cooker77 10-15-2013 12:11 PM

Wow! Good for you. I hope I can do the same during my upcoming trip!

lisa32989 10-15-2013 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slownsteady (Post 4862527)
Hi Everyone! Just a very quick check-in to say I've remained 100% OP on my vacation, and it has been surprisingly easy! Hardest part is not wanting to overeat or cheat, but getting all of my veggies and IP packets in! Hope everyone is doing well! Keep at it!

Keep up the good work and enjoy your time away!
I found this on one of my vacations, too. I could find salads easily enough. The veggies were a tad more difficult (except for green beans, which are occasional)

MidgieMoon 10-15-2013 12:30 PM

Quote:

Hi Everyone! Just a very quick check-in to say I've remained 100% OP on my vacation, and it has been surprisingly easy! Hardest part is not wanting to overeat or cheat, but getting all of my veggies and IP packets in! Hope everyone is doing well! Keep at it!

Yay for you!!!!!

slownsteady 10-15-2013 09:38 PM

Thanks everyone! I'm hoping I can hang on for another 10 days! I take that back..... I know I can!

schenectady 10-16-2013 11:23 AM

Congratulations!

Quote:

Sometimes those successes are almost sweeter than the weight loss because it means your mind is truly wrapping itself around this new way of living day to day, regardless of where we are or what we are doing.

Congratulations and lets keep these Augusters on a fast roll!

MsKitty 10-16-2013 02:13 PM

Well, yesterday's WI -1.5 lbs. I about started to cry. I told my coach I was done. She then measured and I was down 4 3/4 inches. I was baffled. I am going to stay on IP, after reading post here. They are so supportive and encouraging. This forum is golden. Thanks for being here.
I hope everyone has a great hump day.

lisa32989 10-16-2013 02:18 PM

MsKitty:
You know weight loss is like a roller coaster, right? It is up hill & down hill...never a straight line.
It is ALL good.
Look at each weigh-in as a SINGLE data point in the overall trend

schenectady 10-16-2013 03:08 PM

Don't give up the ship!

Quote:

Originally Posted by MsKitty (Post 4863907)
Well, yesterday's WI -1.5 lbs. I about started to cry. I told my coach I was done. She then measured and I was down 4 3/4 inches. I was baffled. I am going to stay on IP, after reading post here. They are so supportive and encouraging. This forum is golden. Thanks for being here.
I hope everyone has a great hump day.

DO NOT QUIT, MsKitty! It is hard, very hard, when you work diligently and the danged scale gives you a big raspberry. However, those inches should have given you an idea that you are still sailing on.

Hang in there even if the weight loss is slow. We do not win at this battle except by hanging in there. The scale will go DOWN and that is what counts. When you reach goal and can wear all those cool new clothes and walk with a real spring in your step, you will chuckle at what you have been through. (I will let Lisa do the technical talk about scales, weight and stuff because she is so much better at it than I am).

Exercise patience and the scale will fall.

slownsteady 10-17-2013 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by schenectady (Post 4863774)
Sometimes those successes are almost sweeter than the weight loss because it means your mind is truly wrapping itself around this new way of living day to day, regardless of where we are or what we are doing.

Congratulations and lets keep these Augusters on a fast roll!

You are spot-on Schenectady! Also about keeping my eye on the prize of getting the new cute clothes eventually! It will definitely all be worth it!!

Has anyone heard from Deana?:?:

clbott 10-17-2013 11:39 AM

Weigh in #9 down -.4 lbs. I'll take it.

I have been sick for the last few days. Sore throat, headaches, fatigue, the whole deal, I haven't really been eating much, it hurts to swallow.

I didn't measure, I didn't want anyone that close to me. I am 2.1 lbs from my mini goal of 10% of my starting body weight gone. Going to adjust my goal to a later date (crossing fingers for next week!)

Have a great day everyone!

ecdcslim 10-17-2013 02:03 PM

Hi Augusters, just checking in. Anxious about my weigh in on Sat for WI 5 as I skipped WI 4 because I was in Napa. Forgot my supplements today, everything is out of wack!

Congrats to slownsteady for staying OP!!

MsKitty, I TOTALLY get it, but hang in there, it's working!

MidgieMoon 10-17-2013 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slownsteady (Post 4863361)
Thanks everyone! I'm hoping I can hang on for another 10 days! I take that back..... I know I can!

There you go! Love the mindset!

lighthouse101 10-18-2013 12:01 AM

Hi Augusters,

So glad this week is almost over - it's been a stress fest and I struggled to make sure I got all my foods/water in with a crazy work schedule. Did it though and had a good WI this am of 2.8! I have a mini-goal of 25 lbs by next Thursday, which is my B-day. I'm almost there! Hoping for another week to meet that goal!

Hope you all have a good Friday tomorrow!

Rockabillygirl 10-18-2013 08:42 AM

TGIF! It's been a long week!

I had a couple of days when my schedule was crazy and I didn't get in all 4 cups of veggies and was a little short on water intake. So my WI #8 on Thursday was disappointing -- down .09. But I lost 2" off my hips so that's something! I am having WI #9 on Tuesday before I leave for a 6-day trip. I'll be attending a vintage jewelry collectors' convention in Providence, RI and I am planning on staying OP. The challenges will be getting enough of what IP requires. I'm not worried about eating the wrong things -- my will is strong! But I may end up doing boot camp some of the time if protein isn't readily available. The meals will be buffets and I am expecting the only thing I will be able to eat will be lettuce!

Okay, time to get in the shower and get ready for work. I hope you all have a great Friday and a great weekend!!

ecdcslim 10-18-2013 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rockabillygirl (Post 4865202)
TGIF! It's been a long week!

I had a couple of days when my schedule was crazy and I didn't get in all 4 cups of veggies and was a little short on water intake. So my WI #8 on Thursday was disappointing -- down .09. But I lost 2" off my hips so that's something! I am having WI #9 on Tuesday before I leave for a 6-day trip. I'll be attending a vintage jewelry collectors' convention in Providence, RI and I am planning on staying OP. The challenges will be getting enough of what IP requires. I'm not worried about eating the wrong things -- my will is strong! But I may end up doing boot camp some of the time if protein isn't readily available. The meals will be buffets and I am expecting the only thing I will be able to eat will be lettuce! !

Rockabillygirl - look for lean meats or boiled shrimp on the buffets for your meals. I started carrying celery sticks -2 cups in a ziplock with the salt - and that helped tons. I also carry tuna in a pouch - you'll need several but easy to carry, and you can eat them right out of the pouch with a fork. It was never hard for me to find water to mix for protein shakes - I also find the IP cereal really easy too. Good luck, it's manageable.

MidgieMoon 10-18-2013 06:13 PM

Hi, I had my WI today an was down 0.8, but lost 2 inches. I was looking forward to a slower week, as I feel like I have lost a lot weight quickly and my brain wasn't seeing the new me.! My totalloss is 33.4 pounds since Augus 9th. Hubby and I are off on a diving vacation in 3 weeks, so hoping to make it 40 pounds off before we go so I can wear the bikini he bought me!

Cheers!!

ReenHag 10-19-2013 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lighthouse101 (Post 4865059)
So glad this week is almost over - it's been a stress fest and I struggled to make sure I got all my foods/water in with a crazy work schedule. Did it though and had a good WI this am of 2.8! I have a mini-goal of 25 lbs by next Thursday, which is my B-day. I'm almost there!

Happy Birthday! My b-day is Thursday, too. I hope you get the gift you want-achieving that mini-goal!! :hat:

vachinyc 10-19-2013 10:14 AM

Hi August-ers

Just checking in. Had my weigh in today. Still losing pounds - albeit more slowly - and inches.

In the TMI category - I am having some big C challenges even though I am drinking Calm and taking colonRX. We are going to add the enzymes moving forward to see if that helps. I have had both digestive issues (on a PII) and C issues for most of my life so I think it is more of the same.

Looking forward to a relaxing weekend. It's definitely more Fall-like here now and I love it.

Wishing you all IP POWER and a great weekend.

Rockabillygirl 10-19-2013 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ecdcslim (Post 4865379)
Rockabillygirl - look for lean meats or boiled shrimp on the buffets for your meals. I started carrying celery sticks -2 cups in a ziplock with the salt - and that helped tons. I also carry tuna in a pouch - you'll need several but easy to carry, and you can eat them right out of the pouch with a fork. It was never hard for me to find water to mix for protein shakes - I also find the IP cereal really easy too. Good luck, it's manageable.

Thanks for the tips! I hadn't thought of taking tuna -- that's a great idea! I've attended these conventions before and the buffets tend to have everything swimming in sauce and are usually very carb-heavy. But maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised!

On another note, my favorite cousin, who does not know I'm on IP, surprised me by sending a package that arrived yesterday . . . containing a batch of her "best in show" at the local fair fudge! DOH!! I have a club meeting tomorrow so I called the lady who brings snacks and told her I'll be bringing fudge! Strangely enough, the thing I feel bad about isn't that I can't have any, it's that I don't want my cousin to know her time, effort, and money for postage were wasted!

Have a great day, everyone!

vachinyc 10-19-2013 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rockabillygirl (Post 4865856)
On another note, my favorite cousin, who does not know I'm on IP, surprised me by sending a package that arrived yesterday . . . containing a batch of her "best in show" at the local fair fudge! DOH!! I have a club meeting tomorrow so I called the lady who brings snacks and told her I'll be bringing fudge! Strangely enough, the thing I feel bad about isn't that I can't have any, it's that I don't want my cousin to know her time, effort, and money for postage were wasted!

Ah, not wasted....just think how many people will get enjoyment from it :)

Great willpower! And what a sweet cousin.

ecdcslim 10-19-2013 10:45 AM

Good morning all! Ok had WI 5 this am and down 6.4 lbs! Very happy with that. Challenge is that I have lost muscle. So coach explained that I need to eat an extra protein RIGHT AFTER I work out that is in addition to my normal 3.5-4 hr cycle. So haven't been doing that. Also, since I don't eat any meat, we researched the fish and it turns out that 8oz of shrimp only has 200 calories whereas an 8 oz chicken breast has 398 cals so I'm not getting enough calories. Shrimp, white tuna, swordfish, are significantly lower in calories and that could be why I'm hungry. So lots of things to try this week.

lighthouse101 10-19-2013 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReenHag (Post 4865756)
Happy Birthday! My b-day is Thursday, too. I hope you get the gift you want-achieving that mini-goal!! :hat:

A Happy Birthday to you too! How do you plan to celebrate without cake and all?

ReenHag 10-20-2013 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lighthouse101 (Post 4866110)
A Happy Birthday to you too! How do you plan to celebrate without cake and all?

Thanks! Think I will celebrate by lighting a candle and looking at myself in the mirror. :celebrate: THAT will be better than any cake! Also asking hubby to prepare scallops for dinner- they're such a yummy dinner and OP! How about you?

So excited this morning at WI- down 2.8 more pounds and officially out of the 160's! :broc: :woo: No holding my breath, but hoping to be in Phase Two by Thanksgiving! (I can handle just turkey and veg this year if it means a happier, healthier me!)

lighthouse101 10-20-2013 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReenHag (Post 4866337)
Thanks! Think I will celebrate by lighting a candle and looking at myself in the mirror. :celebrate: THAT will be better than any cake! Also asking hubby to prepare scallops for dinner- they're such a yummy dinner and OP! How about you?

So excited this morning at WI- down 2.8 more pounds and officially out of the 160's! :broc: :woo: No holding my breath, but hoping to be in Phase Two by Thanksgiving! (I can handle just turkey and veg this year if it means a happier, healthier me!)

Congrats on a great WI! Your progress is amazing! I'll probably celebrate by doing something fun on the weekend that's not food related, probably a dive or maybe go dancing. It will be the first B-day in many years that won't be celebrated by going out to dinner, cake, alcohol, etc. I don't think I'll miss it though! I agree - the gift of losing weight and taking care of my body is much better.

ReenHag 10-20-2013 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lighthouse101 (Post 4866455)
Congrats on a great WI! Your progress is amazing! I'll probably celebrate by doing something fun on the weekend that's not food related, probably a dive or maybe go dancing. It will be the first B-day in many years that won't be celebrated by going out to dinner, cake, alcohol, etc. I don't think I'll miss it though! I agree - the gift of losing weight and taking care of my body is much better.

Thanks for your kind comments! This program is amazing, motivating, and it works! I did not believe I would have this kind of success.

Enjoy whatever fun activity you do for your b-day. A dive sounds so cool! You must be somewhere warm...I am jealous!

Kalii99 10-20-2013 09:12 PM

I've been away from forum a few weeks and missed all the motivation... I was only down 1 lb last WI and need to get back to tracking my meals... I got lax on doing my journal and while not eating off plan I know I'm missing veggies and some days having 2 restricted due to convenience. I'm thinking of skipping my WI on Wednesday and use the week to get back on track.

slownsteady 10-20-2013 09:55 PM

Hi Everyone! Looks like everyone is doing very well! Way to go! Yesterday I almost thought I was going to end up 'straying' from being 100% but was able to overcome! :) I was SO hungry in the afternoon, I ended up having my usual 8 oz dinner protein all at lunch time, and most of my veggies (had a smoothie with spinach for breakfast). I REALLY had the urge to just keep eating (old pattern!) but ended up only having some dill and sugarfree (sucralose) bread and butter pickles to tide me over. Had another smoothie for dinner, then a cup of coffee and a bar for bedtime snack. Then went to bed a little earlier than usual. Whew! Made it without going off plan! Today I'm back to feeling under control. Will really be curious to see how much I've lost over these 3 weeks away from home with no weigh-ins. Feel like I've continued to lose, and hope that's the case, but we'll see in another week, when I get home! I'm just very happy I've been able to keep OP!! Truthfully, I will be happy with a pound or two, as long as it is a little lower than when I left!

KareVT 10-20-2013 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kalii99 (Post 4866642)
I've been away from forum a few weeks and missed all the motivation... I was only down 1 lb last WI and need to get back to tracking my meals... I got lax on doing my journal and while not eating off plan I know I'm missing veggies and some days having 2 restricted due to convenience. I'm thinking of skipping my WI on Wednesday and use the week to get back on track.

Hi Kallii - Welcome back! I know what you mean about being away from the boards and the motivation. It helps to come to the forum and participate and/or read everyone's feedback and advice. Definitely go back to journaling and tracking your meals. Everyone is different and if you feel the need to skip this weigh in, you should. But, if you can go, perhaps that is what you need to get your ducks in a row and recommit; you know? Just a thought.

I wish you the best!

Quote:

Originally Posted by slownsteady (Post 4866666)
Hi Everyone! Looks like everyone is doing very well! Way to go! Yesterday I almost thought I was going to end up 'straying' from being 100% but was able to overcome! :) I was SO hungry in the afternoon, I ended up having my usual 8 oz dinner protein all at lunch time, and most of my veggies (had a smoothie with spinach for breakfast). I REALLY had the urge to just keep eating (old pattern!) but ended up only having some dill and sugarfree (sucralose) bread and butter pickles to tide me over. Had another smoothie for dinner, then a cup of coffee and a bar for bedtime snack. Then went to bed a little earlier than usual. Whew! Made it without going off plan! Today I'm back to feeling under control. Will really be curious to see how much I've lost over these 3 weeks away from home with no weigh-ins. Feel like I've continued to lose, and hope that's the case, but we'll see in another week, when I get home! I'm just very happy I've been able to keep OP!! Truthfully, I will be happy with a pound or two, as long as it is a little lower than when I left!

Hey Slownsteady - Yay, welcome back! It will be so interesting to see your progress on the scale after 3 weeks of no WI's. Good luck and know that you've got this. I have momentary lapses of feeling not in control (but I stay in control) and it's challenging fer sure. Then of course, after I muscle through the challenge, I am thankful that I kept my long term goals in front of me.

For instance, tonight I had dinner at a family friends house and she made homemade lasagna, bbq chicken, salad, asparagus, two different types of bread, homemade brownies and homemade sugar cookies decorated with a Halloween theme (for the kids). It was SO tough! I was salivating at each glance I took at the lasagna (with sausage; YUM). Instead, I went prepared and brought my boneless pork chop that I grilled up with some seasoning on top. Since the salad wasn't dressed, i dressed with lemon and evoo. THEN, when I came home, I made some pudding and a cup of tea. In retrospect, I'm very happy I didn't stray from OP but man, the lasagna and brownies looked deelish!

Good luck at your WI :)

Kellimomo3 10-21-2013 06:18 AM

Slow and steady

Hi all,
Down another 2.5 pounds this week. I think this was weigh in number 9 for me but I have lost track. Still 100% OP well maybe 99% since I had two slices of avacado on a salad this week! The program has become second nature to me and I am moving right along. Slow and steady....

Tuscany123 10-21-2013 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kellimomo3 (Post 4866776)
Hi all,
Down another 2.5 pounds this week. I think this was weigh in number 9 for me but I have lost track. Still 100% OP well maybe 99% since I had two slices of avacado on a salad this week! The program has become second nature to me and I am moving right along. Slow and steady....

Great work Kelli!

I'm on TOM which came 10 days late. Partly a peri menopause thing and partly this diet messing up the hormones a bit. I'm on week 9 and am starting see a few more hairs in the shower than I did before. I've been taking Biotin since I started IP, I know the new growth will be strong and healthy so for now I will just ask my stylist to keep trimming my hair to keep my chin length bob for now.

Hubby brought me coffee in bed, I'm a happy camper!!! :coffee:

Happy IP day to you all!!!

ReenHag 10-21-2013 06:11 PM

Worried about hair loss

Good evening, August friends!

It is so great to keep up with everyone! It seems like the August group is on a roll and doing great! Lots of losses and NSV's to be proud of.

I just had WI #8, and I am so pleased with my progress so far. However, I am worried about the hair loss issue. My hair just feels thinner, though I am not seeing much in my brush or anything. I have seen references to biotin, assuming this is a supplement. Is it available only from IP coaches or from elsewhere? I follow the plan on alternate products, so if this is something I could get from the Vitamin shoppe or elsewhere, that would help. I also saw that some people with this issue are taking extra Omega. If there is anything else that ya'll recommend, please share. Thanks!

I can do anything 10-21-2013 09:22 PM

Congrats to everyone with losses and NSVs.

I have been 95% OP (I don't consider myself 100% since I rarely get in all my packets) since I started IP. I have slowed down in the weight losses lately but still losing so that is a victory in and of itself. I realized today that I am almost 1/2 way to my goal. That got me excited all over again.

Tuscany123 10-21-2013 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReenHag (Post 4867282)
Good evening, August friends!

It is so great to keep up with everyone! It seems like the August group is on a roll and doing great! Lots of losses and NSV's to be proud of.

I just had WI #8, and I am so pleased with my progress so far. However, I am worried about the hair loss issue. My hair just feels thinner, though I am not seeing much in my brush or anything. I have seen references to biotin, assuming this is a supplement. Is it available only from IP coaches or from elsewhere? I follow the plan on alternate products, so if this is something I could get from the Vitamin shoppe or elsewhere, that would help. I also saw that some people with this issue are taking extra Omega. If there is anything else that ya'll recommend, please share. Thanks!

Biotin is available anywhere vitamins are sold, you don't have to buy from an IP coach.

lighthouse101 10-21-2013 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I can do anything (Post 4867409)
Congrats to everyone with losses and NSVs.

I have been 95% OP (I don't consider myself 100% since I rarely get in all my packets) since I started IP. I have slowed down in the weight losses lately but still losing so that is a victory in and of itself. I realized today that I am almost 1/2 way to my goal. That got me excited all over again.

That's great! You've already met your mini goal!

MidgieMoon 10-22-2013 05:19 PM

So, I am 48, an perimenopausal, night sweats like crazy every night. I haven't had a period since early September. Weight loss is moving slowly now and I am ok with that, but was wondering are there any other night sweat sufferers out ther? Just looking for some tips for relief???

kcdoe 10-23-2013 06:56 AM

Hello everyone. I read this thread everyday but haven't said anything for a while. ;) thought I'd say hello today!!
I joined August 3rd and am down a whopping 40 lbs. it appears that's more then average. But then I got a stomach bug a month ago. I lost 5.2 the week of the bug but .06 the following then 1.6. I believe my body is protecting itself.

I've been spoiled to lose as much as I have but the mind still plans and calculates around it continuing. I now am kinda worried the slow less weight per week might be the new norm ;( I'm really hopin to lose another 15 before Christmas want to buy an awesome dress for a special party and wow everyone lol ...

Anyway I love love love this program but am feeling a little down and realized today as I read through your postings how much you all help me everyday and I thought I should say THANK YOU:hug:

kcdoe 10-23-2013 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MidgieMoon (Post 4865580)
Hi, I had my WI today an was down 0.8, but lost 2 inches. I was looking forward to a slower week, as I feel like I have lost a lot weight quickly and my brain wasn't seeing the new me.! My totalloss is 33.4 pounds since Augus 9th. Hubby and I are off on a diving vacation in 3 weeks, so hoping to make it 40 pounds off before we go so I can wear the bikini he bought me!

Cheers!!

Good luck hope you reach your goal!! He bought you a bikini huh what a great compliment his way of saying you look awesome how sweet is that!!!! Love it!!

MidgieMoon 10-23-2013 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcdoe (Post 4868245)
Good luck hope you reach your goal!! He bought you a bikini huh what a great compliment his way of saying you look awesome how sweet is that!!!! Love it!!

He's a keeper, one in a million :)

slownsteady 10-23-2013 08:58 PM

Hey Everyone! Just checking in, still away, back on Sunday. Have stayed 100%OP throughout, I am proud to say. It's been easier than I thought it would be. I am doing all of the cooking here, and it's actually been very satisfying to make things I haven't for awhile, and know that everyone is enjoying my cooking - even though I can't always partake in it! Tonight they wanted "breakfast for dinner" (ie "Brinner" :)), so I made pancakes and bacon. I made the IP cereal pancakes for the first time, and there was no baking powder or soda in the house! I made them with only beaten egg whites and the crushed cereal, expecting them to be flat like a crepe, but am happy to say they turned out pretty fluffy and were really good! I can hardly wait to weigh in next week - after 3 weeks without weighing! Sure hope the scale is good to me!

Rockabillygirl 10-23-2013 10:52 PM

Hello,

I had WI #9 yesterday and was down 2.8 for a total of 34! That was good motivation because now I'm on vacation. Today was travel day so I don't think I got in all my water, and may be a little short of veggies, but overall I'm happy. A group of us went to dinner and I managed to stay OP.

Well, I'm very tired so I'll sign off. Just wanted to say hello!